Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn was a Dutch painter and etcher. He is generally considered one of the greatest painters and printmakers in European art history and the most important in Dutch history. His contributions to art came in a period that historians call the Dutch Golden Age.
You can set the wallpaper of your mobile phone for free.
- WVGA(480x800) / HVGA(320x480)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
Download the free Mauritshuis Tour on our website and visit the Mauritshuis with your smartphone. If you don't have a smartphone, you may hire a device at the museum.
The Mauritshuis Tour is available in Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
The earliest works in the Frans Hals Museum date from the beginning of the sixteenth century; they are mainly paintings of biblical or mythological scenes. The painters of the Golden Age specialized in everyday subjects: portraits, still lifes and townscapes. Frans Hals, the most famous Haarlem painter of the Golden Age, who gives his name to the museum, specialized in portraits and group portraits. His famous militia works and his three large portraits of regents show to advantage in the museum, which is housed in a building full of character and history; it was built as Old Men’s Alms Houses in the seventeenth century.
Discover the Frans Hals Museum with the official Frans Hals Museum App. This lets you use your smartphone to find out what’s going on in the museum and gives you up-to-the-minute practical information.
The app provides an audio tour explaining the highlights of the collection of sixteenth- and seventeenth-century paintings and special themes such as the history of the building and special exhibitions. In some cases there is additional background information, or restorers and curators explain their personal approach.
The app is free to download. It can also be downloaded in the museum, using our free Wi-Fi network. Basic earphones can be purchased in the museum for € 1.
The app is available in Dutch and English.
- It has the largest vocabulary
- Detail description for each word and a lot of samples
- Simple UI & high performance make you feel easy when using
* Full support pronunciation for both English and Dutch will help you so much in study these languages.
(This application can run in offline mode but need the internet connection for the pronunciation and web browser functions.)
Please setup the Dutch keyboard before using this app
This free dict works well in all android devices including mobile and tablet, it is very useful for all kinds of people although in offline environment.
- For student, pupil or researcher, this app is the largest thesaurus help them make the deeply investigation in each words and phrases including idiom, slang, noun, verb, adjective, adverb... The largest vocabulary and lexicon will help people find all special words in all branch; medicine, medicinal, math, chemical, horoscope, biology, aetiology, physics, physiology...
- For the English learners, this is the perfect tool to improve your lexicon, idiolect and grammar skill by so many detailed examples and conjugation supported. This dictionary has all the advantages of other dicts so it will help you improve skills in speaking, writing, reading, listening, conversation and well prepare for the tests such as TOEFL, IELTS...
- For the translator or interpreter, this tool will give you quickly the good translation and also the pronunciation of both languages by only one tap.
- This is also the indispensable tool for travelers, with this dict in your mobile you can finish the journey in Maastricht Vrijthof, Rijksmuseum, Kinderdijk, Hoge Veluwe, Keukenhof Gardens, Delft City Hall, West Frisian Islands, Leiden Canals, Canals of Amsterdam... or any where in Netherlands (Holland) without any communication problem with Dutch.
Good luck and merry using my product :)
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
Beautiful images from baroque period.
You will feel like you are in an art museum.
Does not require internet :), images are in the app.
Some info from Wikipedia about Caravaggio:
Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio (29 September 1571 – 18 July 1610) was an Italian artist active in Rome, Naples, Malta, and Sicily between 1593 and 1610. His paintings, which combine a realistic observation of the human state, both physical and emotional, with a dramatic use of lighting, had a formative influence on the Baroque school of painting.
Caravaggio trained as a painter in Milan under Simone Peterzano who had himself trained under Titian. In his early twenties Caravaggio moved to Rome where, during the late 16th and early 17th centuries, many huge new churches and palazzi were being built and paintings were needed to fill them. During the Counter-Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church searched for religious art with which to counter the threat of Protestantism, and for this task the artificial conventions of Mannerism, which had ruled art for almost a century, no longer seemed adequate.
Caravaggio's novelty was a radical naturalism that combined close physical observation with a dramatic, even theatrical, use of chiaroscuro. This came to be known as Tenebrism, the shift from light to dark with little intermediate value. He burst upon the Rome art scene in 1600 with the success of his first public commissions, the Martyrdom of Saint Matthew and Calling of Saint Matthew. Thereafter he never lacked commissions or patrons, yet he handled his success poorly. He was jailed on several occasions, vandalized his own apartment, and ultimately had a death warrant issued for him by the Pope.
An early published notice on him, dating from 1604 and describing his lifestyle three years previously, tells how "after a fortnight's work he will swagger about for a month or two with a sword at his side and a servant following him, from one ball-court to the next, ever ready to engage in a fight or an argument, so that it is most awkward to get along with him."In 1606 he killed a young man in a brawl and fled from Rome with a price on his head. He was involved in a brawl in Malta in 1608, and another in Naples in 1609, possibly a deliberate attempt on his life by unidentified enemies. This encounter left him severely injured. A year later, at the age of 38, he died under mysterious circumstances in Porto Ercole, reportedly from a fever while on his way to Rome to receive a pardon.
Famous while he lived, Caravaggio was forgotten almost immediately after his death, and it was only in the 20th century that his importance to the development of Western art was rediscovered. Despite this, his influence on the new Baroque style that eventually emerged from the ruins of Mannerism was profound. It can be seen directly or indirectly in the work of Rubens, Jusepe de Ribera, Bernini, and Rembrandt, and artists in the following generation heavily under his influence were called the "Caravaggisti" or "Caravagesques", as well as Tenebrists or "Tenebrosi" ("shadowists"). Andre Berne-Joffroy, Paul Valéry's secretary, said of him: "What begins in the work of Caravaggio is, quite simply, modern painting."
Here’s what you get.
Astronomy news - get interesting in-depth astronomy news articles delivered daily to your phone or tablet. We gather news, images and videos from genuinely authoritative and interesting sources such as Universe Today, SPACE.COM, the Hubble space telescope, and NASA.
Astronomy pictures – yes, you get captivating photos via the famous NASA image of the day. But why stop there? Through the app you can also see space photography from the Hubble telescope. Unlike the NASA photos which cover a variety of subjects, the Hubble telescope images focus mostly on the night sky, retrieving information about distant galaxies, planets and stars.
Astronomy articles - Read stories not just focusing on the US, but also international partners like Russia, China and the UK. Such stories often contain interesting facts, quotes, photography and links to videos. They cover subjects such as: observatories, astronauts, test pilots, telescopes and NASA missions.
Disclaimer: we do not own or claim to own any of the content distributed through our app. These are our personal favorite sources that we think combine informative content with ease of understanding. Easier to see them in one spot than to surf all around the web.
NASA or The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the agency of the United States government that is responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for aeronautics and aerospace research. Most U.S. space exploration efforts have been led by NASA, including the Apollo moon-landing missions, the Skylab space station, and later the Space Shuttle. At present NASA is supporting the International Space Station and is overseeing the development of the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Commercial Crew vehicles.
The most notable NASA activities are its space flight programs, both manned and unmanned. The latter can be either independent, carrying scientific equipment, or supportive, testing equipment for manned flights. In the beginning, NASA’s missions focused on the space race with the Soviet Union, which won the first round, but later USA took the initiative and won the final race to the Moon.
Hubble Space Telescope
The Hubble Space Telescope is a space telescope that was carried into orbit by a Space Shuttle in 1990 and remains in operation. In low Earth orbit, Hubble's four main instruments observe in the near ultraviolet, visible, and near infrared. The telescope is named after the astronomer Edwin Hubble.
Hubble's orbit outside the distortion of Earth's atmosphere allows it to take extremely high-resolution images with almost no background light. Hubble's Deep Field has recorded some of the most detailed visible-light images ever, allowing a deep view into space and time. Many Hubble observations have led to breakthroughs in astrophysics.
Hubble is the only telescope designed to be serviced in space by astronauts.
OK, that's about it.
Let us know what you think of the app, and if there's something you like us to add.
Ever wanted to play with your food? Now you can! Toca Boca kids apps bring you Toca Kitchen, where you cook and play with food for four hungry characters. Pick any ingredient and prepare it in your own way! Slice, boil, fry, cook, microwave or mix? And wait for your hungry friend´s response…
We created this educational app for kids to give the mud cakes a new face, a complete virtual make-over which the kids will love! The characters fearful reactions to different meals will make you giggle. Does the cat like salty fish? Would the boy eat potatoes and greens? Mix and mismatch you own meal with no high scores or time limits in this fun cooking app.
- Four cute characters to cook for - each with their own favorite food!
- 12 different ingredients that can be prepared in 180 different ways!
- Slice, boil, fry, cook, microwave anything you like!
- Professional and fun kids app design!
- No rules or stress!
- Kid-friendly interface
- No in-app purchases
- No third party advertising
Toca Kitchen is not a game - it's a toy where you and your kids get to explore cooking. What happens if you mix a carrot and then fry it? Will the cat like it? And what is the bull's favorite food? Toca Kitchen supports free play for all ages and is a great way to use your imagination.
As with all Toca Boca apps, there are no high scores, time limits or stressful music. Rest assured this app for kids let’s kids play however they want!
ABOUT TOCA BOCA APPS
Toca Boca is a game studio that makes digital toys for kids. We think playing and having fun is the best way to learn about the world. Therefore we make digital toys and free kids games that help stimulate the imagination, and that you can play together with your kids. Best of all - we do it in a safe way without third-party advertising or in-app purchases.
***An AppsZoom Best Android App 2014***
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
Timeline brings to life the paintings of such masters as Botticelli, Da Vinci, Micheclangelo, Van Gogh, Monet, Courbet, Klimt, and 73 others in an eye-catching and easy to navigate format.
★ App Features
‣ Complete details of the work including the title, year of completion, actual dimensions, creator, current gallery location, etc. paired with a high-resolution digital image.
‣ Brief artist synopsis including date/location of birth/death, completed works, and more.
‣ Slide navigation at bottom of screen allows for quick scanning through years, artists, and their paintings.
‣ Swipe with a touch of the finger to jump from artist to artist.
‣ Supports Portrait and Landscape modes.
‣ Currently details 80 artists.
"Timeline - Art Museum" presents both public domain artworks and works that are protected by copyright. The works protected by copyright are posted on the application in accordance with fair use principles, because:
1. They are historically significant artworks;
2. The images are only being used for informational and educational purposes;
3. The images are readily available on the internet;
4. The images are low resolution copies of the original artworks and are unusable for commercial use;
"Timeline - Art Museum" uses Copyright term based on author's deaths according to Republic of Korea Copyright Law, that is 50 years. In other countries, the duration of copyright term may differ. Artworks protected by copyright are supposed to be used for contemplation. Images of that type of artworks are prohibited for copying, printing, or any kind of reproducing and communicating to public since these activities may be considered copyright infringement.
This is an application to show high resolution images in a slide show of all the main national treasures and important cultural assets held at the Nezu Museum. Japanese and East Asian art, as well as our facilities like galleries and garden, can be enjoyed any time on your hand. Tapping on the screen will also show high resolution images with commentary of approximately 120 pieces carefully chosen from the extensive Nezu Museum collection. Furthermore, you can enjoy the web application which the software is linked to, introducing the latest news from Nezu Museum.
This application gives you all the information of the main works and museum points of interest.
It is very easy to use, connect your smartphone to the museum's wifi, install the application and now you can enjoy a new experience visiting museums!
You will have the best Tours prepared by the museum, you will see the main works, organized by time, periods or authors, so you can customize your visit depending on what you want to see.
With our indoor location system, we will guide you through the museum, taking the easiest way from work to work. And with the interactive map you will see all things you have around you in every moment.
It also offers an complete maps, general information and calendar of museum events, so you're always informed.
This first version has the information of the Real Academia de Bellas Artes in Madrid. Soon we will add new museums .
Available at: Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando, RABASF
Websites and contact information available at every institution make it easier for you to plan your visit to any of the fifty-three museums.
The app has been accomplished in the co-operation of the DKMT Danube-Kris-Mueres-Tisa Euroregional Development Agency and INFOtec Ltd.
The Musée National Eugène Delacroix is housed in the painter’s last apartment and studio. As tenant, Delacroix had the use of the garden and received permission to build his studio there.
Come discover Delacroix's world: From his paintings to his drawings, letters and memorabilia, including souvenirs the painter brought back from Morocco. There are also several paintings, sculptures and drawings from the Musée du Louvre.
Use our mobile application to make the most of your museum visit!
• Learn fascinating facts about the masterpieces on display and the different museum spaces with 17 commentaries by Dominique de Font-Réaulx, Director of the Musée National Eugène Delacroix.
• Get practical information about the museum and its activities.
Additional content is required to run the application. You will be prompted to install it when you start the app.