How can eating differently help to reduce complaints such as abdominal pain, fatigue or stress and what role does personality play in this? We are going to answer this in this scientific study. Everyone has complaints from time to time and research shows that general complaints can develop into diseases of affluence such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases or lung diseases. These complaints can be reduced with food, but what should you eat? Also, advice does not work for everyone and not everyone likes the same thing.
That is why we want to move towards food adapted to who you are and what suits you.
Who can participate?
• You are 18 years or older.
• You change your diet for at least 4 months, you can choose how.
• You come to Groningen twice for measurements. (December/March)
• Preferably you are (slightly) overweight. We measure this as a BMI (Body Mass Index) above 25.
• You can not participate if you are (or in the past year) being treated by a doctor for: heart attack, heart failure, cancer, stroke, type 2 diabetes or serious intestinal disorders (longer than 3 months).