* Large, easy to read analog speedometer dial with speed limit indicator.
* Saving of speed limit locations and direction with a single button press
* Automatic triggering of speed limit changes when passing saved locations
* Average speed measurement
* Landscape and portrait mode
* Compass heading dial
* 3D shaded speedometer bezel
* Supports imperial/metric units
* US or UK style speed limit signs
* Configurable maximum speed
* Configurable speed limits
Must have Mobile App for Drivers, Passengers, Bus Operators, Parents, Spouses, Traffic Police ,Security Personals and Disaster Management Personals.
Stay safe by traveling below speed limit and locatable when in panic situation using SpeedLimitAlert App.
• Speedometer: Shows Current Speed in Kilometers Per Hour/ Miles per Hour unit.
• Speed Limit Alert: Audio/SMS/EMail Alerts on Violation of set Speed Limit.
• Speed Limit Alert by SMS: Sends SMS to listed Mobile Numbers on Violation of Speed Limit including date/time,vehicle number and GPS location of User.
Speed Limit Alert by EMail: Send EMail to listed email addresses on violation of set speed limit including date/time, vehicle number and GPS location of user.
• Speed Limit Alert Audio Alarm: Plays Audio Alarm on violation of Speed Limit for specified time.
• Choice of Audio Alarm Type: Siren Sound ( view demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHv79t4bww ) or Selected Ringtone ( view demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lz8_KxD93w or Specified Text to Speed Synthesis ( view demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcPmtHPevRE.
• Choice of SMS Alert Recipients: User can set up to three mobile numbers to receive Speed Limit Alerts.
• Choice of Audio Alarm Play Time: Set Audio Alarm play duration in seconds.
• Choice of Speed tolerance Time: Set Ignorance time in second so that application wont raise alarm again tolerance period.
• Set Vehicle Number: User can set vehicle number in preferences or by sending it by SMS.
• Panic Button: User can Long press Panic button to send stored panic alert SMS to mobile numbers listed by user in preferences.
• Background mode: If this mode is selected in preferences, application monitors speed and alarms speed limit violation when application is not in foreground.
SMS Commands: Speed Limit Alarm provides sms commands to change application settings by sending SMS commands.
Using preferences, user can list up to three mobile numbers from which it accepts SMS commands or specify that any mobile number can send SMS command.
Following SMS commands (uppercase or lowercase) at supported.
1) To Get User Location
To Get GPS location of user sends SMS
"LOCATION". SpeedLimitAlert applications send Google maps GPS locations URL by sms. User can open this GPS location url in web browser to locate user
2) To Get Speed of user
To Get speed, send SMS
SpeedLimitAlert application sends current speed.
3) To Set Speed Limit
To set speed Limit value ,send SMS
'SET SPEEDLIMIT Value" For example to set speed limit to 60, send sms
SET SPEEDLIMIT 60.
4) To set Vehicle Number:
To set vehicle Number ,Send SMS "SET VEHICLENUMBER vehiclenumber. For example to vehicle number as MH04ZZ9999, send SMS
SET VEHICLENUMBER MH04ZZ9999
5) To set alarm type to Siren Sound send SMS
SET ALARMTYPE SIREN
6) To set alarm type to speech synthesized TEXT Send SMS
SET ALARMTYPE SPEECH.
7)To set alarm type to ringtone, send SMS
SET ALARMTYPE RINGTONE
8) To set alarm text to be synthesized , send SMS
SET ALARMTEXT text.
For example to set Speech synthesis audio alarm text to ”Please drive slowly” Send SMS
SET ALARMTEXT Please drive slowly.
9) To receive speed limit alerts by SMS send SMS
SET SENDSPEEDALERTSMS ON.
10)To stop receiving speed limit violation alerts by SMS, send SMS
SET SENDSPEEDALERTSMS OFF
11)To set speed measurement unit to Kilometers per Hour send SMS
SET SPEEDUNIT KPH
12)To set speed measurement unit to Miles per Hour send SMS
SET SPEEDUNIT MPH
13)To set speed tolerance time send SMS SET SPEEDTOLERANCETIME time
For example to set speed tolerance time to 5 seconds, send SMS
SET SPEEDTOLERANCETIME 5.
- Speed in km/h and mph.
- Select your own speed limits.
- To increase or decrease the speed: Touch the screen at the top or bottom.
- Before using the application: Increase the volume and activate the GPS.
- No need for internet connection.
- Free and without ads.
- Useful for safe driving on the road, and respect speed limits by car.
- Small bug: Beep, sometimes, without reason.
Step1: Turn on app, drive around so we can give you speed limits from our 27 million in a cost effective manner. You won't see anything yet. Be patient!
Step2: When stopped, using Wifi, get official-speed limits from Wikispeedia.
To do that, first Tap in a blank area->Settings->Sync->SyncNow
Sync can take up to an hour. Be patient. The screen changes when done. Be patient.
Step3: Drive around, the app will now show speed limits.
There is no national speed limit database. Wikispeedia is an attempt. Since 2005, Wikispeedia has been collecting the location of speed limit signs worldwide. Now with over 600 paid contributors like you, over 61 million signs, some estimates, some from States. We are a unique co-op which pays all contributors! Your speed limit data is checked every night.
Note: This unique app uses no cellular data, only Wifi. It was designed for the Boy Scouts for use in their Traffic-Safety Merit Badge. Embed it! Its open source on Sourceforge.
Please rate us. It helps! I know you won't, but I asked. Maybe someday someone will rate our app.
Usage: Enable GPS, drive around. Then Sync when you get home or such. Be safe, only sync when the car is off. The blue dots are places you should visit. The Green dots are old signs that you can claim. To claim them, drive down the side roads. When you are moving the same direction as a sign, it will show up. Otherwise it will be a dot. Put your email in Settings. You will get paid. At Wikispeedia, we share all contributions such as money from apps.
White Signs: Signs ahead of you.
Red corners: Direction you must travel to see the sign. Eg, N, S, E, W
Blue Dots: Signs that are not ahead of you. Eg, Nearby side road, reverse facing, etc.
You can click on any White-Sign and delete it. Currently you can't delete Blue-Dots because we don't want people just deleting like mad! Any suggestions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have fun, drive safe!
Look for our speed limit aware visual cruise control coming this summer.
On Indiegogo, search for the word "Nirvana Cruise Control".
You can manually select the speed limit or select the "Automatic" mode.
The "automatic" mode determines the maximum speed relative to your pace.
Speed Warning can run in the background along with a GPS for example.
It is also possible to activate the vibrate mode to be warned of speeding even with the phone in his pocket.
MPH or KMH.
tags : speed limiter warning acoustic alerts altitude camera car fixed indicated meter martphone speedometer system
With Car Speed Watcher you can define a speed limit alert.
Car Speed Watcher warns you before you exceed your defined speed limit and alerts you when you run over the speed limit.
You can switch between Imperial and Metric modes by clicking the menu button.
Drive slowly and don't forget your safety belt ;)
Keywords : Cars, Speed, Monitor, Watcher, GPS
Speed Control App is an application that monitors vehicle speed limits using the built in GPS on your cell phone or smartphone
Installation is very easy and simple, first download the app, activate the GPS and enter a registration mail and you'll be able to use our app.
You can select different speed limits for city and highway out of town. You can set the maximum speed limit and range of moderation.
The system displays the speed at which the vehicle is traveling and the speed limit chosen by the user, it controls that the vehicle does not pass the speed limit, if the vehicle passes the speed limit an alarm would go off; if the vehicle exceeds the speed limit range of moderation a sharper alarm would go off again indicating that the driver must slow down.
If the vehicle travels below the speed limit application does not issue any message, it only shows the speed at which the vehicle goes.
The users can change the speed limit according to their location; all they need to do is click on the speed limit button which displays a wide range of options to choose from. You can also adjust or change the speed limit to any value you want.
The range of accuracy of the speed measurement is almost exact, in our tests we have obtained excellent results, + / - 3 km / h compared to the control.
We recommend that the phone uses A-GPS mode and activate the help sensor to improve positioning, we do not recommend the phone to use the GPS mode-EPO.
In adition you can manually set your own speed limit.
When this limit is crossed the application sound a warning sound.
Use, abuse it and please report back any error spotted or just throw any suggestion you may have.
List of countries on the database:
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzgovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
footnote: this is my first app. so.. on one side keep it in mind, on the other push me to make it better and better
DISCLAIMER: THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT KNOW EVERY SPEED LIMIT FOR EVERY SINGLE BIT OF ROAD YOU MAY DRIVE IN. IS INTENDED TO BE AN HELPER NOT A GUIDE.
YOU SHOULD NOT OPERATE A MOBILE PHONE WHILE DRIVING.
* Warning alarm beep
* Convenient speedometer
* Easy installation by pressing the speed limit on the scale of the speedometer
* Two customizable buttons speed limits
* Support different speed units
* Ability to configure the screen to turning off
* Support all screen sizes
* Different speedometer's themes