You can manually select the speed limit or select the "Automatic" mode.
The "automatic" mode determines the maximum speed relative to your pace.
Speed Warning can run in the background along with a GPS for example.
It is also possible to activate the vibrate mode to be warned of speeding even with the phone in his pocket.
MPH or KMH.
tags : speed limiter warning acoustic alerts altitude camera car fixed indicated meter martphone speedometer system
Use your usual GPS navigation application and be informed on live traffic alerts (speed camera/control, radar, accidents, works in progress) in the vicinity as long as you drive and navigate with your usual android Navigation App!
Transparent overlays widget, vibrator and ringtone alarms will inform you with a timeframe notice about danger are...
Just launch the app, a transparent widget (a green light with alerts information such as number of alerts in the vicinity and distance of the closest one)will appear every 5 seconds acknowledging the fact that the application is properly working in background...Then launch your favorite GPS Navigation app (or whatever!) and you're done!
Note: this app requires GPS activation and 3G internet connectivity (3G, Edge, Wifi...).
- Speed in km/h and mph.
- Select your own speed limits.
- To increase or decrease the speed: Touch the screen at the top or bottom.
- Before using the application: Increase the volume and activate the GPS.
- No need for internet connection.
- Free and without ads.
- Useful for safe driving on the road, and respect speed limits by car.
- Small bug: Beep, sometimes, without reason.
The indicator on the center bottom of the dial becomes green when your device receives GPS information. A red indicator is displayed when your current speed can not be measured.
On some devices the GPS reports the speed in regular intervals, the Nexus 4 and 5 seem to use 0.9km/h as minimum interval which result in rather "jumpy" movements of the needle when you display the speed in the interval 0-10km/h (Walking).
This app prevents your display from going into sleep mode.
The accuracy of the measured and displayed speed depends on a lot of factors like GPS (availability/quality of signal and accuracy) and the processing speed of your Android device. GPS data refreshes at a typical rate of once every second.
This app is by no means a replacement for calibrated speed measuring devices and should be used for recreational purposes only. The developer cannot be held responsible for the correctness of the information displayed.
The developer disclaims and makes no warranties, express or implied, concerning this app, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of ﬁtness for a particular purpose.
In no event is the developer liable to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including loss of proﬁt or goodwill, for any matter arising out of the use of this app.
With this app you'll be warned when you travel too fast and thus avoid traffic fines...
- Adjustable maximum speed
- Warning when traveling too fast
- View current speed
- View traveled distance
* Warning alarm beep
* Convenient speedometer
* Easy installation by pressing the speed limit on the scale of the speedometer
* Two customizable buttons speed limits
* Support different speed units
* Ability to configure the screen to turning off
* Support all screen sizes
* Different speedometer's themes
* detects and monitors speed limits based on the built-in camera and known locations
* observes the distance to the traffic in front (distance control)
* warns you if the car tends to cross a closed lane road mark (lane assistant).
Specifically designed to distract the driver as little as possible.
The app requires the mobile phone to be attached to front shield or dashboard. A good holder and alignment are essential for a good detection rate. See http://www.acodriver-shop.com/ for a list of recommended accessories that give you optimal results.
This app was designed to detect signs in EUROPE ONLY, but was not tested in all countries in the EU. Also the detection rate depends a lot on your individual hardware.
* Please be aware that visual recognition will never be 100% correct, and that the displayed speed limit might not be correct for the current situation.
* Most cameras used in current mobile phone have limited detection rate at night time or low light. Speed limits will still be displayed based on their known locations.
In the current version the detection of signs makes the following declaration: "The last speed limit I saw is ...."
* Never adjust the position of the mobile or the holder while driving!
* Never drive while looking through the display of your mobile!
* The displayed speed limit can be wrong or not appropriate to the situation.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
* Android 2.3.3 or better
* Backside camera with 640x480 preview resolution
* ~ 40 MB disk storage
* Single Core CPU 1Ghz
* Dual Core CPU or better
* Backside camera with HD preview resolution (1280x720)
* GPS with GLONASS support