is the control app for the ETHA Light Switch
, an intelligent, programmable, remotely manageable time switch for lamps and other electrical devices.
The main features of ETHA Light Switch
• Programmable with clock times and solar times (sunset, multiple versions of twilight, etc.). This means that you’ll never have to reprogram your time switch in the spring and autumn when the days are getting longer or shorter. Switching to and from daylight saving time is automatic.
• As many clock rules as you want, managed from the ETHA Manager
app. Clock rules can not only specify a period that the attached lamp is on, but also a period that the lamp switches on and off in a specified or random pattern. This can help to scare off burglars.
• Switchable (on/off) with a button or with this Android app. With the Android app multiple lamps can be switched on or off at the same time (by grouping them together).
• Full in-house solution (not depending on Google Home
or Amazon Alexa
). You have full control of your own data!
• Accessible from the internet (if you want to).
• There are many more features, explained on the project’s website: www.etha.erik.terwan.nl
.ETHA Light Switch
is not a product as such. It is a project consisting of hardware and software. The software is available for everyone free of charge. The hardware consists of a Raspberry Pi Zero W, a casing and a handful of electronic parts. These you’ll have to buy and assemble yourself.
All you need to know how to build the ETHA Light Switch
is explained here: www.etha.erik.terwan.nl