TIP: Hold "Clear" to clear all text inputs.
-Shows the work each step of the way.
-Dynamically updates the solution as you change the variables.
-Has a custom keypad.
-Handles imaginary numbers.
-Simplifies square roots & fractions.
-Gives approximate & exact answers.
-Each variable input is a simple calculator supporting the following operators (^, *, /, +, -).
-Supports whole numbers & decimals with each operation.
Please contact me if you find any bugs.
tags: quadratic equation formula solver solve calculator show work shows step steps math algebra calculus calc homework help free
This app is based on code provided by Ahmad M. Akra and Prof. Arthur C. Norman (Codemist Ltd. JLisp, precompiled Reduce engine and most of the Latex formatting feature) who published the app AndroidReduce and made available the corresponding source code via sourceforge.net (great, many thanks!).
You may choose between single line and multiline input. In single line mode you may omit closing parentheses and/or the semicolon, but in multiline mode you have to take care of matching parentheses by yourself and explicitly type in a semicolon for telling Reduce that the expression is complete. Multiline mode is convenient for breaking down more complex expressions into several lines and always applies to reading script files. Processing starts when tapping the Go button (if visible) or the Done or Next button of the soft keyboard.
In Settings you find some options to modify the look of the output (preferred width, font size, text or latex).
You may process Reduce scripts stored in files (*.red or *.txt) with ease. Just enter a filename in the input field and tap menu-entry Read to execute it. Or save your precious work by tapping Save. When saving, the tex formatted output fields go to png-files with increasing numbers added to the original file name. But this only works for output fields not too big. Plain text outputs go to a text-file along with the corresponding input expressions. This may be useful for later processing the results in Latex or similar text processing tools.
If you do not know the exact filename containing your desired script just leave the input field empty (e.g. tap Clr button) and tap menu-entry Read to reveal a file selector box showing the files in the actually chosen directory.
Choosing a file only copies the filename to the input text field. Don\'t forget to tap Read again (or the Go button, if visible) to actually start processing the script file because you still have the option to add "in " before the filename to let Reduce process the whole file at once (what is mostly faster).
Tapping Clr or Go or Done during reading a script file will terminate processing the file. But the definitions realized so far stay valid in Reduce till you Reset Reduce.
The directory to read from or to save to may be defined via Settings. This global directory is also valid for in and out statements of Reduce itself. But nested input files do need complete pathnames along with "in" or "out" or "shut".
You may also modify some cosmetic features like background and text colors and the availability of the Clear and Go button which may support an efficient workflow. The settings get saved once you finish Settings with OK and are available next time you start the program.\n\n
So, happy calculating!
Please report bugs, questions and comments to Dieter Egger (email@example.com).
One use for this app is to write equations on the train or to store equations to show to your colleagues at a conference. If you think of an equation and just have to write it down you should use this app. It combines the freedom of a 2D grid system with the accuracy of using characters and symbols.
Also see the equations as LaTeX or Unicode or as plain text to copy and paste.
Take screenshots of the equations you make and save it to your gallery.
Equation format mode to easily format equations including fractions, integrals and square roots.
Equation notepad is what's known as an equation editor or formula editor.
- One Input Screen
- Product Features : Console window for input/output, and calculus operations. 2D graphic window for 2D functions and 2D parametric functions. 3D graphic window for 3D functions and 3D parametric functions. Program editor for scripting complex operations. You can save and load your programs.
- We don't assume any responsabilities on copies installed outside the appstore.
Good for simple and advanced calculations!
* Math expressions calculation (developed on RPN-algorithm but no RPN-calculators' kind UI!)
* Percentages (calculation discount, tax, tip and other)
* Radix mode (HEX/BIN/OCT)
* Time calculation (two modes)
* Trigonometric functions. Radians and degrees with DMS feature (Degree-Minute-Second)
* Logarithmic and other functions
* Calculation history and memory
* Digit grouping
* Cool color themes (skins)
* Large buttons
* Modern, easy and very user friendly UI
* Very customizable!
* NO AD!
* Very small apk
* More features will be added. Stay in touch! :)
OLD NAME is Cube Calculator.
PRO-version is currently available on Google Play.
KW: mobicalc, mobicalculator, mobi, calc, cubecalc, mobicalcfree, android calculator, percentage, percent, science, scientific calculator, advanced, sine, simple, best, kalkulator, algebra, basic
* General Arithmetic Functions
* Trigonometric Functions - radians, degrees & gradients - including hyperbolic option
* Power & Root Functions
* Log Functions
* Modulus Function
* Random Number Functions
* Permutations (nPr) & Combinations (nCr)
* Highest Common Factor & Lowest Common Multiple
* Statistics Functions - Statistics Summary (returns the count (n), sum, product, sum of squares, minimum, maximum, median, mean, geometric mean, variance, coefficient of variation & standard deviation of a series of numbers), Bessel Functions, Beta Function, Beta Probability Density, Binomial Distribution, Chi-Squared Distribution, Confidence Interval, Digamma Function, Error Function, Exponential Density, Fisher F Density, Gamma Function, Gamma Probability Density, Hypergeometric Distribution, Normal Distribution, Poisson Distribution, Student T-Density & Weibull Distribution
* Conversion Functions - covers all common units for distance, area, volume, weight, density, speed, pressure, energy, power, frequency, magnetic flux density, dynamic viscosity, temperature, heat transfer coefficient, time, angles, data size, fuel efficiency & exchange rates
* Constants - a wide range of inbuilt constants listed in 4 categories:
1) Physical & Astronomical Constants - press to include into a calculation or long press for more information on the constant and its relationship to other constants
2) Periodic Table - a full listing of the periodic table - press to input an element's atomic mass into a calculation or long press for more information on the chosen element - the app also includes a clickable, pictorial representation of the periodic table
3) Solar System - press to input a planet's orbit distance into a calculation or long press for more information on the chosen planet
4) My Constants - a set of personal constants that can be added via the History
* Convert between hex, oct, bin & dec
* AND, OR, XOR, NOT, NAND, NOR & XNOR Functions
* Left Hand & Right Hand Shift
* Plotter with a table also available together with the graph
* Complex numbers in Cartesian, Polar or Euler Identity format
* Fractions Mode for general arithmetic functions including use of parentheses, squares, cubes and their roots
* 20 Memory Registers in each of the calculation modes
* A complete record of each calculation is stored in the calculation history, the result of which can be used in future calculations
An extensive help facility is available which also includes some useful scientific reference sections covering names in the metric system, useful mathematical formulas and a detailed listing of physical laws containing a brief description of each law.
A default screen layout is available for each function showing all buttons on one screen or, alternatively, all the functions are also available on a range of scrollable layouts which are more suitable for small screens - output can be set to scroll either vertically (the default) or horizontally as preferred – output font size can be increased or decreased by long pressing the + or - buttons
A full range of settings allow easy customisation - move to SD for 2.2+ users
Please email any questions that are not answered in the help section or any requests for bug fixes, changes or extensions regarding the functions of the calculator - glad to help wherever possible.
This is an ad-supported app - an ad-free paid version is also available for a nominal US$ 0.99 - please search for Scientific Calculator (adfree)
- Wish you could find the time to check your kids' math homework? Now checking fraction math takes just seconds.
- Need to adjust recipe quantities for a larger guest list? Let me adjust your cup and teaspoon quantities.
- Working on a craft or home project in inches? Stop double-or-triple calculating on paper - let me do it once, accurately.
I'm attractive and effective and I make great use of either a phone or tablet display:
- I show your calculations in crisp, clear, elegant type that you can read at-a-glance from a distance.
- My innovative triple keypad display lets you type fast! (entering three and three quarters takes just 3 taps!).
- Every fraction result gets automatically reduced to its simplest form to make your job easy.
- NEW! Every result is also shown in decimal to make conversion a breeze.
- It couldn't be easier to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
Let Fraction Calculator Plus turn your phone or tablet into an everyday helping hand.
This is an ad supported version - our ad-free version is also available.
Fraction Calculator Plus (C) 2013 Digitalchemy, LLC
Ability to find antilog.
cleared crash on clear button
added ads for our survival
This app is able to calculate the logarithm for a number.
You can choose the base as 2 and e, which are widely used in arithmetic calculations.
Very useful tool for school and college!
* Real equation view editor with brackets and operator priority support
* Component or polar complex entry/view mode
* Equation and result history
* 7 easy to use memories
* Large universal/physical/mathematical/chemical constant table
* Degrees, radians and grads mode for trigonometric functions
* Fixed, scientific and engineering view mode
* Easy to use with real look
* Advertisement free!
Would you like to have multiline equation editor with equation syntax hightiting, actual bracket highlighting and trigonometric functions of complex argument support? Upgrade to PowerCalc Pro.
* Multiline equation editor
* Equation syntax highliting
* Actual bracket highliting
* Trigonometric functions with complex argument support
Stay tuned! We are preparing new functionalities:
* Unit conversions
* Radix modes
Found bug? Please contact us to fix it.
If you find PowerCalc useful please upgrade to PowerCalc Pro to support further development. Thank you!
Here are some of our current features:
-Enter values and view results as you would write them
-Swipe up, down, left, or right to quickly switch between keyboard pages.
-Long click on keyboard key to bring up dialog about key.
-Undo and Redo keys to easily fix mistakes.
-Cut, Copy, and Paste.
-User defined functions with f, g, h
-Simplify and Factor algebra expressions.
-Polynomial long division.
-Solve equations for a variable.
-Solve equations with inequalities such as > and <
-Solve systems of equations.
-Simplify trigonometric expressions using trigonometric identities.
-Graph three equations at once.
-View equations on graph or in table format.
-Normal functions such as y=x^2
-Inverse functions such as x=y^2
-Circles such as y^2+x^2=1
-Ellipses, Hyperbola, Conic Sections.
-Add markers to graph to view value at given point.
-View delta and distance readings between markers on graph.
-View roots and intercepts of traces on graph.
-nCr and nPr functions
-Change numeric base between binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal
-Bitwise operators AND, OR, XOR, and NOT
-Vector dot product and norm.
Q. Is there are tutorial anywhere explaining how to use the graphing calculator?
A. There are three into tutorials in the app for the calculator, graph equations, and graph screens. Additional tutorials can be found on our website http://www.mathally.com/
Q. How do I get to the keys for pi, e, solve, etc?
A. There are four keyboard pages. Each swipe direction across the keyboard moves you to a different page. The default page is the swipe down page. To get to the page with trig functions, swipe left. To get to the matrix keys, swipe up. To get to the last page, swipe right. No matter what page you are on, the swipe direction to move to a specific page is always the same.
Q. What do you have planned for future releases?
A. You can keep up to date on the latest news on our blog at http://mathally.blogspot.com/ . This news will include what is coming up in future releases. Also feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think!
If you find a bug or have questions, please email me.
Sci Calculus can be used also to convert numeric base (hex<->bin<->dec).
The application also uses (in addition to normal "OK" button) the accelerometer to show the result on the screen (just shake the phone).
Many other useful functions will be added soon ...