Norgeskart outdoors has all what you need for hiking, biking, boating or skiing. Everything can be made available for offline use without mobile coverage. Now also with topographically maps for Sweden, Svalbard and Jan Mayen.
The app was first launched in 2010 under the name Norgeskart, but changed its name to Norgeskart outdoors in 2018. It is among the most popular hiking and map apps in Norway. Much has happened since it was first launched and there is still a lot to come!
Plan your next trip by downloading tours and descriptions directly in the app from TellTur and GodTur. Everything available regardless of mobile coverage. For Telltur you can register with the app when you arrive at a destination and compete with others to visit most places. You can easily find current trips by filtering and sorting the list of hiking destinations from your location or center of the screen.
Explore exciting archaeological discoveries, cultural monuments, architecture, stories etc. near where you are. This exciting content is taken from the Norwegian Arts Council's Norvegiana database of cultural data from archives, museums and other cultural institutions.
Register points of interest (POIs), routes and record GPS tracks. These can, if desired, be written to GPX files or uploaded to norgeskart.avinet.no. You can then look at your own data in the browser and easily transfer between phones and tablets. In the app you can also read content from GPX files that you find on ut.no or from other sources.
This app contains both free and paid content (see complete overview below). By paying for a subscription, you support the further development of the app and take full advantage of all the exciting things we have to offer.
- Topographical and nautical maps for Norway
- Property borders and UTM grid layers
- Cultural history content from Norvegiana
- Import and export of GPX files
- GPS track recording displayed with graph display.
- Create own routes and POIs
- Driving directions
- Topographically maps of Sweden, Svalbard and Jan Mayen.
- Download maps for offline use (Sweden limited to storage by panning and zooming)
- Trip suggestions from godtur.no and telltur.no
- Check in TellTur trips upon arrival at destination
- Access to map portal norgeskart.avinet.no
- Upload POIs, tracks and routes
- Synchronize your data across devices
- Mountain bike routes for Scandinavia
- Pistes Alpine and Cross-country for Scandinavia
- Avalanche awareness and steepness
- Weak ice
- Snow depth and skiing conditions
- Snowmobile tracks for Scandinavia
- Sea depths
- Conservation areas
- Clay and radon
- Orienting maps from okartkiosken.no
Dynamic point subscription:
- Connect to one or more dynamically updated KML files on the internet
- Tested against telespor.no for tracking sheeps