This functions completely offline – and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 250’000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Winner of several prizes. Highly recommended by nationalgeographic.com, androidpit.com, smokinapps.com, outdoor-magazin.com, themetaq.com, digital-geography.com, ...
••• Features •••
- Works offline and worldwide
- Includes more than 250'000 peak names
- Fast rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
- Digital binoculars to select less prominent peaks
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Uses GPS to get your current location
- Maps (online) for viewpoint selection
- Dialog for entering coordinates manually
- Uses compass and accelerometer sensors
- Weekly updates of the peak directory
••• Comments •••
"Super easy handling, super smooth views and excellent user interface. I love hopping to my favorite mountains and enjoy the panorama, while being there or hundreds of miles away" -- hiker45
••• Ratings •••
Every good rating in Google Play (including those following updates) makes me happy. The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. Many thanks!
••• Support •••
In case of questions, problems, mistakes, missing mountain names and ideas for future expansion, I am happy to help you. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Compare flights from all airlines including low cost airlines (Vueling, Thomas Cook, Thomson, Volotea, Air One...) and major travel agents (Opodo, ebookers and Skypicker included)
• Search more than 100.000 routes and find the best cheap alternatives available.
• Book your flights directly and conveniently in the app.
• Flights ordered by quality - for each flight, both cost and duration are assessed.
• Quality line - the best flights are selected and shown at the top, you don't have to go through thousands of results to pick the best.
• Visualized & easy-to-use flight search results
• Search from/to multiple destinations
• Available in 22 languages
• Completely FREE
Visit www.whichairline.com for more information about airline tickets, airfare deals, airlines, airways, travel agencies, hotels, car hire and more.
Der neue ADAC Wanderführer Deutschland 2014 zeigt Ihnen die schönsten Wanderwege. Mit über 8.000 Wandertouren inkl. topographischen Karten, individueller Tourenplanung und alles auch offline nutzbar.
Alle Touren haben eine Wegbeschreibung einschließlich Angaben zum Schwierigkeitsgrad, ungefährer Dauer, Bildern von der Strecke und ein Höhenprofil. Mit der Sortierung in verschiedene Kategorien wie allgemeine Wanderungen, Bergtouren, Themenwanderung etc. finden Sie eine Vielzahl von Anregungen für Ihren nächsten Wanderausflug.
Jede Tour ist auf der topographischen Karte im Maßstab 1:25.000 genau verzeichnet. Die zur Tour passenden Karten laden Sie sich einfach kostenlos zur Offline Nutzung herunter und schon kann es losgehen. Mit der GPS-Positionsführung sehen Sie vor Ort dann immer genau, wo Sie sich auf der Tour gerade befinden.
Sie sind unterwegs und wollen spontan einen kleinen Wanderausflug unternehmen? Durch die Umgebungssuche finden Sie sofort Tourenvorschläge in Ihrem Umkreis – inkl. Anfahrtsplanung zum Startpunkt. So macht wandern Spaß!
Ein Highlight für die Outdoor-Individualisten: Die freie Tourenplanung. Einfach auf der Karte Start- und Zielpunkte angeben und schon schlägt Ihnen der ADAC Wanderführer Deutschland 2014 eine zum Wandern geeignete Route vor. Weitere Optionen wie z.B. die Rundtourplanung bieten Ihnen immer wieder neue Möglichkeiten für Ihren nächsten Ausflug.
Dazu kommt der neu integrierte Gipfelfinder (eine Augmented-Reality Anwendung zur Bestimmung der Berggipfel die vor Ihnen liegen), Favoritenfunktionen und die Möglichkeit, auch Ihre eigenen Tracks aufzuzeichnen.
It is then possible to set a visual distance that let you increase or decrease the range of mountains to be shown.
In every moment it is possible to browse all the mountains database with the search menu. You can save your route in GPX format and review it later.
Both in search mode and in interactive mode it is possible to enter Google Maps and see the peaks that surround you.
If an internet connection is available, Google Maps will show you the map, otherwise you will see a basic visualization with the peaks position.
It is possible to know the distance between your position and the mountain selected.
The application gives you also useful features for your security: a compass for your orientation, the possibility to send an SOS light signal and, if the phone signal is available, an SOS SMS with your latest coordinate registered by the GPS. This app is the best for you if you visit Himalaya zone.
PLEASE NOTE: before leaving a negative feedback, please read the user guide inside the application, about its correct use or contact the support with the link in the application menu or sending an e-mail. You will receive all the explanations and the support you need. The application has been tested with many devices and a lot of mountains and always with very good results. Then, I ask to everyone who has had a good experience with this application to let me know with a feedback directly in the Android Market webpage, voting with the 1 to 5 stars. Thank you for your cooperation.
a video of equvalent functionality but of the ALPI edition.
Experience the intriguing panorama of the peaks surrounding you.
Have you ever wondered "What is the name of that prominent peak over there?” – find the answer simply by taking a look through the camera of your iPhone or Android device.
The advanced segmentation and display algorithms show you all peak names without obstructing the marvelous panorama.
Stagger even the greatest hiking buffs when showing off the fascinating panoramic view this application provides when standing on top of a mountain!
This app works on devices with a still camera and a magnetometer/accelerometer.
Using augmented reality, this app is fast and smooth, displaying information about the peaks near you. Position any peak within the cross hairs to see useful information, including peak name, height, distance from you, and also the difference in height from your current altitude.
Even if some peaks are behind others Peak Scanner still allows you to get details on them (obscured peaks are shown in grey).
You'll find Peak Scanner a much better experience than other apps of this type:
- fast start up time
- no finger taps required - just point!
- clean, easy to understand display that shows exactly what you want
- easy to use preferences to tailor the display
Peak Scanner includes data on mountain peaks from all over the world.
Database of British and Irish Hills (http://hills-database.co.uk)
OpenStreetMap contributors (http://www.openstreetmap.org)
Check out our Facebook page - just search "Peak Scanner Facebook"
• Self-contained worldwide database of place names, mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, and monuments*
• Advanced filtering by distance, bearing and marker type
• Adjustable compass
• Imperial/metric units
• Search by name
• Map view
• Custom markers*
• User guide
• No adverts
* Cities, towns, and villages are included for free. Mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, monuments, custom markers, and the snapshot feature are available as an in-app purchase. There are more than 213,000 peaks, 13,000 castles, 16,000 ruins, and 19,000 monuments in ViewPoint’s database.
See developer's website for more information and user guide ( http://www.planetcoops.com/apps/viewpoint/ViewPoint.pdf ).
ViewPoint is currently 21 MB in size. We recommend you download and install ViewPoint only when you have Wi-Fi access.
- Designation of few thousand peaks
- Handy radar to quickly locate points
- Slider to hide distant points
- GPS for positioning
* Search the huge database of mountains and trip reports from peakbagger.com
* Keep track of your climbs, even when offline
* Measure your progress against hundreds of peak lists
* Get route information and directions from SummitPost and listsofjohn.com
* See weather forecasts (U.S. and Puerto Rico), topographic maps (U.S., Alps, Norway, New Zealand), and survey markers (U.S.)
* Save a peak to your device for offline use, including topographic maps
* Find peaks near your current location, or near other peaks
* Import and display GPS tracks instantly
* Long click on the map to get elevation and driving directions
* Record your starting elevation, and information about the gear and route you used
* Leaderboards show the top climbers for each peak list
HOW TO IMPORT GPS TRACKS - 4 OPTIONS
1) Click on the "Load GPS track" link on the ascent details page for an ascent that has a GPS track.
2) Click on a GPX, KML or KMZ file on your phone, for example, in an email attachment or on Google Drive
3) Open a GPX file in your Web browser, then click "Share" in the browser's menu, then select "Peakbagger"
4) Download or copy a GPX, KML, or KMZ file to your phone manually, then open it with a file browsing app (such as Discoverer)
Found an error? Send me an email.
This application shows flight times for flights into and out of Norwegian airports ( Note : Only Avinor owned airports, see list below)
Data provided from Avinor
These airports are with so far :
Alta Airport (ALF)
Andøya Airport, Andenes (ANX)
Bardufoss Airport (BDU)
Bergen Airport, Flesland (BGO)
Berlevåg Airport (BVG)
Bodø Airport (BOO)
Brønnøysund Airport, Brønnøy (BNN)
Båtsfjord Airport (BJF)
Fagernes Airport, Leirin (VDB)
Førde Airport, Bringeland (FDE)
Hammerfest Airport (HFT)
Harstad/Narvik Airport, Evenes (EVE)
Hasvik Airport (HAA)
Haugesund Airport, Karmøy (HAU)
Honningsvåg Airport, Valan (HVG)
Kirkenes Airport, Høybuktmoen (KKN)
Kristiansand Airport, Kjevik (KRS)
Kristiansund Airport, Kvernberget (KSU)
Lakselv Airport, Banak (LKL)
Leknes Airport (LKN)
Mehamn Airport (MEH)
Mo i Rana Airport, Røssvoll (MQN)
Molde Airport, Årø (MOL)
Mosjøen Airport, Kjærstad (MJF)
Namsos Airport (OSY)
Narvik Airport, Framnes (NVK)
Oslo Airport, Gardermoen (OSL)
Røros Airport (RRS)
Rørvik Airport, Ryum (RVK)
Røst Airport (RET)
Sandane Airport, Anda (SDN)
Sandnessjøen Airport, Stokka (SSJ)
Sogndal Airport, Haukåsen (SOG)
Stavanger Airport, Sola (SVG)
Stokmarknes Airport, Skagen (SKN)
Svalbard Airport, Longyear (LYR)
Svolvær Airport, Helle (SVJ)
Sørkjosen Airport (SOJ)
Tromsø Airport, Langnes (TOS)
Trondheim Airport, Værnes (TRD)
Vadsø Airport (VDS)
Vardø Airport, Svartnes (VAW)
Værøy Heliport (VRY)
Ørsta/Volda Airport, Hovden (HOV)
Ålesund Airport, Vigra (AES)
GPS data, pictures, track directions, tecnical data (distance, duration and vertical climd), track on the map, interactive elevation profile.
All the mountain inn’s and alpine pastures with the “Real Quality in the Mountains” award given by Merano Marketing in South Tyrol/Italy.
Typical South Tyrolean food recipes presented by the inn owners.
Map and downloadable content
Free download of all the App content (map of Merano area, GPS data and pictures, etc.). Offline use of the App without network coverage and without roaming fees possible.
Real Quality in the Mountains – Explore the best mountain inn’s and alpine pastures in the Merano area in South Tyrol/Südtirol in Italy
Interactive real-time guide for the holiday region das Höchste with GPS localization on the skimap for easier orientation, live information directly from the lift operators – open slopes and lifts, weather, webcams, weather stations, livestreams, snow levels,...
# Content can be saved locally making it available offline – no roaming fees
# GPS-localization on the skimap with current lift status
# Live data from the ski areas – weather, slopes, lifts, snow levels
# Webcams from various locations (Walmendingerhorn, Ifen, Nebelhorn, Fellhorn Kanzelwand, Söllereck)
# Tips and highlights
# A-Z information
# Summer information with trail tips
and much more…
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
iDestination System by intermaps
Look at the landscape using the camera and labels are superimposed directly over the view. The labels can show the distance to the mountain peak, the bearing, and the height of the mountain.
Useful for walking and hiking when you want to know what mountains you're looking at!
You can switch to a Google Map view which also shows the peaks, plus your location and direction of view.
This is an experimental application that is extremely dependent on your GPS location and handset's compass bearing. If either are inaccurate then the names will appear in the wrong positions. Since the compass on many handsets is very unreliable this can prove frustrating - the application does have the feature to offset the bearing of the compass which can help, and doing the figure of 8 compass calibration can help as well. There are also user options for tweaking the smoothing of compass readings.
While using the camera view you don't need Internet access, but if you switch to the Google map view you'll need it for the maps.
The mountain peak database has been extracted from OpenStreetMap by Mayeul Kauffman - an amazing job, taking the number of peaks from hundreds to almost a million!
The app can be moved to the SD card if required, although the database is only about 10Mb, so it's not as large as you might imagine.
UK only version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.showmehills.showmehillsuk
This is a free open source application released under the GPLv3 license, and developers are welcome to contribute at https://github.com/ShowMeHills
If you come across any problems, please report to the email address: email@example.com
* keep on improving the dataset
* allow photos to be taken with the names
* allow users to report their position to OpenStreetMap
* alternative apps using the same technology (ie a ShowMeTowns type app)
잔뜩 기대를 걸고 산행에 나섰다가 길을 잃어버려 낭패를 본적이 없나요. 주말을 맞아 단체로 산행을 떠나야 하는데 어디로 갈 지 고민하지는 않으셨나요. 이 같은 고민은 앞으로는 국제신문 근교산 앱을 클릭하시면 시원하게 풀립니다. 1993년부터 올해까지 19년간 주요 산행지 개척자의 선두주자인 국제신문이 만드는 근교산 앱은 이렇게 다릅니다.
1. 내가 가야할 코스 GPS로 확인한다
국제신문 근교산 앱의 가장 큰 강점은 19년 노하우의 취재팀이 직접 개척한 주요 산행로의 경로가 자세하게 나와 있습니다. 가고자 하는 산행지를 선택하시고 경로보기를 클릭하면 취재팀이 작성한 경로가 곧바로 나타나며 현재의 내 위치가 함께 표시되어 어디로 가야할 지 한눈에 알 수가 있습니다. GPS 기능을 이용하시면 산행을 하다가 길을 잘못들어도 목적지를 잃어버릴 수 있는 위험이 줄어들게 됩니다. 또한 취재팀과는 별개로 산행을 하면서 내가 직접 경로를 기록할 수도 있습니다. 이를 토대로 산행후 기록을 보존할 수도 있습니다.
2. 산행시간을 직접 기록한다
국제신문 근교산 앱은 산을 찾는 애호가들이 산행시간을 직접 기록하고 확인할 수 있습니다. 산행 들머리에서 시작점을 누르고 출발하면 날머리까지 내가 산행한 총 시간을 한눈에 알수가 있습니다. 또 중간중간 주요 지점을 표시하고 싶으면 이를 표시할 수 있습니다.
3. 산행기사와 산행로 상세표시 지도를 스마트폰에 가져간다
근교산 취재팀이 개척한 주요 산행로의 기사와 지도를 스마트폰에 그대로 담아갈 수 있습니다.
4. 내가 가고싶은 산을 검색으로 찾는다
국제신문 근교산은 올해로 17년간 기자가 직접 산행로를 일일이 개척해왔습니다. 주요 산행로가 700곳이 넘는 방대한 분량입니다. 이러한 산행로가 근교산앱을 통해 검색이 가능합니다.
5. 테마별 산행로가 와르르
근교산앱은 테마별로 산행로를 찾아볼 수도 있습니다. 봄에 진달래가 아름다운 산, 여름에 계곡이나 폭포가 좋은 산, 가을에 단풍이 아름다운 산, 겨울에 설경이 아름다운 산 등을 테마별로 나눠놓아 이용자들이 편리하게 산행할수 있도록 했습니다.
6. 부산 둘레길, 부산시계길 정보까지
근교산앱은 부산지역 올레길인 '갈맷길', 부산과 울산 경남지역의 코스를 개척한 시계길 등의 코스도 모두 수록돼 있습니다. 산행뿐만 아니라 올레길을 찾고싶은 애호가들의 욕구를 담았습니다.
근교산 앱은 앞으로도 지속적인 업데이트를 통해 애호가들에게 질높은 산행정보를 제공할 예정입니다. 나날이 발전하는 근교산 앱 앞으로가 기대되지 않나요. 이제 국제신문 근교산 앱으로 보다 안전한 등산, 재밌는 산행, 편리한 산행, 길이길이 추억에 남을 산행길 되세요. 감사합니다.
개발자 연락처 :
- Measuring the distance
- A list of the nearest peaks
- Record peaks and visited shelters
- List of achievements gained
- Two font sizes to choose for your phone and tablet
- Fun geocaching
- Works without an Internet connection
The application requires turn on GPS navigation.