Vipps, the easier way to pay!
All you need is the mobile number of the recipient and we take care of the rest! If, for example, you owe a friend some money, your friend just needs to download Vipps and the amount will be sent to his/her registered account. No annoying account number and it’s safe. You can also ask for money when splitting a bill, for example if you buy a birthday present on behalf of several people. There is no charge for amounts below NOK 5 000. For payments of NOK 5 000 or above, the charge is 1 per cent of the total amount. There is no charge for receiving money.
You can send money through Vipps from any Norwegian bank, provided that you have a bank debit card and a bank account.
To be able to use Vipps you need:
•A Norwegian national identity number
• A Norwegian mobile number
• A Norwegian payment card (Visa or MasterCard)
• A Norwegian account number in any Norwegian bank
• An email address
• To be over 15 years old
Getting started is simple and straightforward:
• Download the Vipps app
• Register your phone number, identity number and name
• Register your Visa or MasterCard and your account number
• Add your email
• Create a 4-digit personal code and you are all set!
It may be smart to add a picture of yourself so that the receiver can easily see who you are.
• Log into Vipps with your personal code
• Select the person you want to pay from your phone’s contact list or enter their mobile number.
• Enter the amount and, if you wish, add a personal comment
• Press send and the money is on its way!
The person you have sent the money to needs to have downloaded the Vipps app, registered his/her personal data and can then receive Vipps payments to his/her account. If he/she has not downloaded Vipps and registered his/her data, the money will be transferred back to your account after three days.
Asking for money
• Log into Vipps with your personal code or Touch ID
• Select the person’s mobile number from your contact list or enter their mobile number manually.
• Enter the amount and add a personal comment
• Press send and that’s it!
Once the person you have asked to pay you has accepted your request, the money will be sent to your account. Remember that you both have to be registered in Vipps!
Going on a weekend trip, holiday or simply splitting the cost of something between two or more people? In the new version of Vipps, it has never been easier to split the bill.
Give your group a name and add the names of its members. Now people in your group can enter all expenses that are to be shared between the group members.
Once all the amounts have been entered and everyone has confirmed that there are no more outlays, it is easy to see who owes what.
Vipps for clubs, voluntary associations and small businesses
Now you can also use Vipps to pay to clubs, voluntary associations and small businesses. When you are going to make a payment, the names of companies near you will appear on your mobile or you can search by name or mobile number.
Vipps and shopping online
Now you will also be able to pay with Vipps when shopping online or via apps. Look for the Vipps logo the next time you shop online or via apps. No more annoying account numbers, just use Vipps and your payment is registered.
You can now pay your invoices with Vipps. Your invoices will be sent to you in Vipps. Pay straight away or receive a friendly reminder before the due date. Pay from anywhere to anyone. Forget those long KID numbers. Just ‘Vipps’ and your invoices are paid. Couldn’t be simpler!
For more information, visit our webpage: www.vipps.no
General terms and conditions: https://www.vipps.no/vilkar.html