The application supports the Universal Chess Interface (UCI) and Chess Engine Communication Protocol (WinBoard and XBoard), which allows users to play against more powerful third party engines or even play tournaments between engines. Engine setup features time control, pondering, infinite analysis, hash tables, multiple threads, endgame tablebases, and opening test suites. Recognizes Chessbase compatible engines.
★ Big international community, chess multiplayer - More than 600.000 registered players on http://www.chessfriends.com
★ Various time control options - Classic, Blitz and Bullet chess games
★ Rated games - Track your rating and performance
★ Unrated games - Play chess online for fun, train your chess openings, improve your chess results
★ Play chess free with friends
★ Strong computer for offline play, 20 strength levels
★ Rankings and detailed statistics with charts
★ Player account - User profiles with real FIDE rating
★ Access your account from various platforms, including web browsers and mobile devices (Mobile web, Android, IOS, Windows mobile)
★ Multiple languages supported
The famous strategy board game chess, also known as the royal game, is played by moving the chess pieces (black and white) in turns across the game board. The rules of the game state that a game of chess is won if no more moves are possible and the opponent's king, the most important chess piece, is in checkmate.
We have packed the best strategy and tactical board game in a free app, with three different online variations.
- Single-player: play on your own against the computer. Here you can learn how to play chess or simply improve your chess skills.
- Local multiplayer: the same rules of the game as in the single-player-mode against the AI.
The board game is played on only one mobile device, however not as a computer game but rather by trying to checkmate your friend through logical thinking and your chess pieces, such as pawn, rook, queen, bishops, knight and king.
- Online multiplayer: logical thinking and online strategy with online chess against chess players around the world. Organise your own world championship. If your online opponent has also downloaded our free app, you can play on more than one mobile device.
The online multiplayer mode offers the following functions:
- For every checkmate against your online opponent, Elo points will be credited for your glorious chess moves across the board.
- If you win an online game against an opponent who is particularly good at playing and already has many Elo points, you will also get more Elo points to your player account for a checkmate.
- The more Elo points you have earned by playing chess, the higher you will rise in our ranking list.
- During the game of chess you can open a chat, so that you can chat with your opponent around the world or analyze your chess moves.
- An online friend's list enables you to invite your friends to a free online chess.
- Our free chess app is available worldwide. You can play against opponents from around the world and show them how good your logical thinking and your tactical game is, how you perfectly master your chess moves and chess pieces and how you check and mate your opponent.
- You can see your opponent's country of origin.
Play Chess against online players from around the world, start your own world cup, beat your opponent with your chess array, improve your strategy and tactical game and increase the Elo points in your account. Will your chess moves and chess game checkmate your opponent?
Improve your chess game and become a real chess world champion like Anatoly Karpov, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik. Use tactical moves like castling, where rook and king of one colour are moved.
Use different opening moves like the Italian, Spanish, King's Gambit, French, Caro-Kann, Sicilian, Pirc defence, modern defence, Scandinavian, King's Gambit declined, King's Gambit accepted, Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Nimzo-Indian defence, Queen's Indian defence, King's Indian defence, Grünfeld defence, Benoni defence, Dutch, English or the Sokolsky opening.
We hope you like our free board game, even if it's only available in 2D and unfortunately not in 3D. Chess is definitely more challenging than other board games such as Nine Men’s Morris, Draughts, Halma, the Settlers of Catan, Backgammon, Ludo, Mahjong or Connect 4.
We would appreciate feedback (even if it's critical) on our free Online Chess.
Simply write a mail to the provided support address.
Are you a true chess Warrior?
Game Features Include:
► Interactive 3D, zoom and pan around board
► 3D Chess set pieces
► 2D Chess set pieces
► 2 Player board rotation. Place the Android device on the table like a real chess board!
► 99 AI difficulty settings, from easy to difficult.
► Timed games from 5 minutes to 59 minutes.
► 2nd camera mode to focus on the piece you are currently playing.
► Stuck?, use the move hint generation feature.
► Undo & Redo moves, even after Checkmate.
► Show all the moves for the current game
► Using Undo/Redo, walk through all the moves.
► Restart a completed game from any previous point and play again.
► Save & Load games, to be replayed / analysed or finished later
► "How to Play" chess tutorial showing all the moves
► Support for "Castling", "En Passant" and "Pawn Promotion"
► No Ads or In-App purchases
Solve chess puzzles directly from your phone wallpaper.
-Solve puzzles from your chessdiags database.
-Go to next puzzle by simply touching screen with 2 fingers.
-Solved puzzles are flagged as solved in the chessdiags app
Premium features :
-Choose which repositories you want to include or exclude
-Choose to include or exclude puzzles you have already solved
1. Drag&Drop based chessboard
3. Inverted black Pieces
4. Move Restiction
5. Move Indicator
6. Ignore play order option
-- Features might be updated in later version
1. Sandbox Mode
2. Pause, Draw, Take back Button
3. Play History Save&Load
4. Square number Indication
5. Start position customizing
6. customizing options
(Background image, piece image, piece size, layout, chessboard color, move indication style and etc..)
-- Features will not be added
1. Play with Computer
2. Play via Network
The game is released under GPLv3. Full source available at https://github.com/neural99/chesssensei
+ NO AI
+ NO NETWORK MULTIPLAY
On the other hand:
+ No ads
+ No special permissions
+ Full enforcing of standard chess rules
App icon is licenced under the GPL and was downloaded from: https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/7159/board_game_chess_icon
Chess piece icons are from Wikipedia, licensed under the GPL.
Your goal is to save all the pawns from disaster (fire, volcano, wind and snow). You do this by capturing the pawns in the puzzle(s) for a level. As a time warning, the pawns change to disaster pawns every 20 seconds starting at 60 seconds remaining. Additionally,there are two audible warnings: one at 10 seconds and the other at 6 seconds.
You simply gobble up the pawns in as few moves as possible. Each move must be a legal move and a capture. There are 20 levels of play and over 900 puzzles. How many levels can you pass and can you get the highest score?
This is the game you can play forever. If you can make through all 20 levels you will pass less than 100 challenges, but there are over 900. You get a different set each time you play.
You do not need to know how to play chess to play this game. If you don't know how the Chess pieces move, touching the "How to Play" menu button will display game instructions that show you piece movements.
Players soon discover that best play from both parties leads to a draw (often referred to as cat or cat's game).
The friendliness of Tic-tac-toe games makes them ideal as a pedagogical tool for teaching the concepts of good sportsmanship and the branch of artificial intelligence that deals with the searching of game trees.
Most of the downloadable books are FREE. These are books that are freely available on the internet and/or contributed by others. If you have PGN files that you'd like to contribute or sell, please contact the author via email.
Here are some instructions on getting started:
1) after installation, go to Menu > All Books and download some books. Your downloaded books can be accessed through Menu > My Books.
2) the icons under the chess board allow you to enable auto-play, go to the next/previous board/move.
3) swiping up or down on the chess board will flip the board.
4) long press on the moves area (below the board) to export, share, save, or open the game in DroidFish for analysis.
5) if you find a bug or if there's a problem with the app, please email the author. DO NOT report problems in comments.
This is an open source application. You can support it by purchasing in-app books and/or by sending donations to the author via PayPal.
This application was forked from "SCID on the go" and is available for download on github under GPL v2 License.
Your goal is to fill up the gaps on the chessboard with the missing chess pieces. The number on each square represents how many pieces must attack it.
Try this awesome app and train your brain cells with an almost infinite amount of challenges!
+ short-term amusement for your 5 min break or long-term challenging brain game
+ 100 pre-built challenges
+ nearly an infinite number of challenges in the custom mode
+ it's up to you: you choose the board size, the number of missing chess pieces, ... etc.
+ have the squares automatically update their attacks with each piece put on the board
+ even played by experienced chess players
+ no chess knowledge required as long as you know how the pieces move (there are some instructions too!)
+ completely free!
+ no ads!
+ no strange app permissions!
- for devices with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread): The black border around the chessboard varies in thickness and the board can be moved a tiny bit
- for devices with a very small screen: the attack counter on a square can be very tiny although there is enough space for it to be bigger
- Two players bluetooth. Connect to remote device and play.
- Two players single device.
- Single player.
- Demo. In this mode you can learn from the computer how to play.
- About 400 images.
- Gridsize support for 4x4, 5x5 (24) and 6x6 depending on device capabilities.
- Information about the game and how it works.
- Language support for English, Hrvatski, Norsk, Srpski
This is how you play:
* You click on two cells.
* If you picked a matching pair, they are kept open, otherwise they are turned around again.
* When all pairs have been opened, the game is over.
The game can measure you in number of attempts made as well as the time spent.
The game is suitable for kids as well as grown-ups. It provides images with lot's of different themes.
Try it out.