The app is very simple to set up just needing an amateur radio callsign and the APRS passcode for that callsign (available on request from Cross Country Wireless).
Menu options include GPS position information including WGS84 locations for worldwide use and.OSGB locations for UK users. Another menu option also opens an OpenStreetMap based on the GPS fix.
The app can be used on any Android phone or tablet with GPS (and Bluetooth for use with a DigiTracker). If your Android tablet does not have GPS then the app will not work.
Note...the GPS on some Samsung phones doesn't work with this app. As a result the app is now provided free of charge for amateur radio experimentation.
Functional overview of the application
You can use some transceiver’s DR functions.
Send and receive voice and pictures.
Send and receive text messages.
See the location of repeater sites or other stations on a map using received position data, or your transceiver’s repeater list.
Automatically set the transceiver’s “FROM” and “TO” fields by tapping a repeater site or a station on the map.
Use your own maps without needing an internet connection.
In the DV mode, read and edit the received station’s information.
Download additional information from an Internet database, such as QRZ.com or APRS.fi.
Call Sign list
Edit call signs and names used in the DR function. Also, you can add a call sign and a name in the Call Sign list.
See the detailed data entered in the Repeater list.
Change some of the transceiver’s function settings.
Select application software settings.
Import a Repeater list and a Call Sign list.
Export the Repeater list, the Call Sign list, and the Receive History.
The RS-MS1A operating requirements are as follows:
1. Android 4.0 or later
The RS-MS1A has been tested with the following Android devices available in Japan.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Progre(au SCL21: Android 4.0.4 / 4.1.2)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (NTT docomo SC-03E: Android 4.1.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S3α (NTT docomo SC-03E: Android 4.1.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (NTT docomo SC-04E: Android 4.2.2 / 4.3 / 4.4.2)
- Samsung Galaxy Note (NTT docomo SC-05D: Android 4.1.2)
- Samsung Galaxy Note3 (NTT docomo SC-01F / au SCL22: Android 4.3 / 4.4.2)
- Google Nexus 7 (2012) (Nexus7-16G: Android 4.2.2 / 4.4.2 / 4.4.3)
- Google Nexus 7 (2013) (Nexus7-16G: Android 4.3 / 4.4.2 / 4.4.3)
2. Touch screen
3. Bluetooth function and/or USB host function
- ID-51A/E (PLUS) 50th Anniversary model
*Not all functions are usable.
To use the RS-MS1A with a supported transceiver, you need an internal Bluetooth unit or the OPC-2350LU data cable. See your transceiver’s instruction manual for details.
- The RS-MS1A may not work with all Android devices, even if it is one of the tested devices. This is because an application program on your device may conflict with the RS-MS1A.
- You may need to install additional file managing and image processing software.
- Your Android device must be USB host function compatible to communicate with your transceiver through the OPC-2350LU cable. Even if your device is USB host function compatible, the RS-MS1A may not function properly.
- You may need to connect to the Internet through a Wireless LAN, a 3G network or an LTE network for some functions.
- The RS-MS1A supports only portrait orientation. It does not support Auto Rotate.
- Remove the data cable when the Android device is not used to reduce the devices power consumption
- The RS-MS1A program may lock up when transmitting some high-quality or large size image files, or continuously operated for a long time. In that case, restart the program.
- Depending on the Android device, the power supplied to the USB terminal may be stopped while in the display sleep mode or power saving mode. In that case, remove the “Screen timeout” check mark on the Application Setting screen of the RS-MS1A.
- When you transmit an image file with the baud rate set at 4800bps, some of that data may be lost. In that case, set the baud rate to over 9600bps.
The program can determine your location and outputs the list of the repeaters which are in your immediate environment and order by distance from you.
Using phone geolocation and manual set of coordinates or a QTH locator.
Application is offline mostly. You can load data about repeaters by WiFi and using it without connection to the Internet.
- A database of repeaters, echolinks and other (offline with possibility of synchronization);
- Adding of your own repeaters;
- Fixing of your carried-out QSO for each repeater;
- You can send to owner/keeper of repeater notification about any problems or other information;
- Showing date of the last carrying out QSO;
- Quantity of the carried-out QSO;
If you have an idea, a wish, the note with pleasure will discuss it with you by the specified e-mail.
NOW INCLUDES SOCIAL FUNCTIONS!!!! In the repeater detail screen, click the I AM HERE button. All users will see that you are on that machine! This can be used to find your friends or a machine with a user on it. In Application settings you can turn on APRS posting. This posts your current position with the repeater you are checked into. Soon there will be a repeater view that shows local checkins and another that shows worldwide checkins that have EchoLink or IRLP.
NOW INTEGRATED WITH THE EchoLink APP!!
Over 50,000 repeaters and growing in 178 countries! Now the Official Repeater Directory of Canada and Radio Society of Great Britain!
RFinder (Repeater Finder), the premier Ham Radio repeater locating tool for Amateur Radio operators, allows you to find repeaters all over the world based on your current location or a specified location. It allows sorting by distance or by Trustee callsign as well as filtering by band and radius in miles or kilometers.
Social functions! Let other hams know you are on a repeater through RFinder AND APRS (optional)! Find an EchoLink node in RFinder and call it with one click via EchoLink! Automatic data updates as you move!
Repeater Finder (RFinder) taps into The World Wide Repeater Directory, including IRLP and EchoLink information.
Our repeater locator database is growing daily.
Access to the Directory is included for one year then it will be an annual subscription for $9.99, and your subscription works for all platforms...Android, iPhone/iPad/iPod, www.RTSYSTEMSINC.com and chirp.dansplanet.org radio programmers, as well as web.rfinder.net. Each purchase of a new platform advances your annual to a year from that new purchase date. Windows Phone is coming!
If we do not have your repeaters listed...please do not refund or give us a bad rating...add repeaters at http://add.rfinder.net or request an add or update from the app.. Don't forget LAT/LON (in decimal), use periods as decimals, please.
The application accesses our Worldwide Repeater Directory and scanner directory but only stores information for repeaters within approximately 80 miles (125 km) from your location on your handheld at any one time, saving you room on your device and allowing distance calculation and mapping features to operate smoothly. It uses geolocation either via cell tower triangulation, GPS or manual location entry (so you can look up the repeaters you will use on vacation or business trips, etc.).
If anyone has lists of repeaters from their countries we would love to incorporate that into our database.
Worldwide IRLP and Echolink nodes.
We support Android 2.2 and above!
Planned Future Developments
Contact us if you need apps created that are back-ended by IBM Lotus Domino, or any other database! Yes, Tablets!
© ITWeRKS 2011
EchoLink for Android provides access to the EchoLink network from your Android device. You can use this app to connect to the EchoLink system from almost anywhere, using either a WiFi or cellular (3G/4G) connection.
We are also air conditioning approved engineers. Our air conditioning technician is certified to work on all car air conditioning systems with gas certification. We are auto electric technicians and can carry out accessories installation. We stock batteries, tyres, bulbs, wipers and supply injectors, pump assemblies etc. As a family concern, we keep family values such as trust and value for money close to our hearts.
We operate a free collection & delivery service. Free local recovery service and free loan vehicles on all repairs and service work. Please enquire for further details.
Before using this app you need to register your cell number and CallSign with MM0FMF. SMS charges may apply, depending on your plan.
Currently there are numbers for Europe, North America & Australia.
Click on any node on the map to get connection details. The details include the node’s frequency and tone, and whether the node is idle or not. Free + No Ads.
The features in the receiving modes include:
- Spectrum analyzer for easy tuning
- Auto synchronization ( auto slant correction)
- Auto mode detect
- VIS encoding (detects SSTV header and sets mode automatically)
- Level bar for adjusting the audio signal
- Auto save received pictures to SD Card.
- Share received pictures (Email , Dropbox etc.)
The features in the transmitting modes include:
- Pre-load up to 9 pictures from the SD Card into DroidSSTV’s gallery
- Adjust contrast, brightness and saturation
- Template editor for easily overlaying templates over images
- Macro’s for use with templates
The free version includes ads, and includes the latitude, longitude, and grid square with no internet access. It requires an internet connection to provide county, country, etc
Works with either phones, or tablets. Tablet version makes it easier to manipulate data, and do logging, even having the ability to see current data while logging on screen (See screen shots). ADIF files can be exported, including all information collected (Upgrade required). The feature list is improving constantly, now the ability to edit and delete log entries is included, along with a database of all LOTW listed call signs. Submit your logs to Logbook of the World and eQSL. LOTW includes putting the logged information from Ham Finder in to your contact, so you can travel from gridsquare to gridsquare and not have to do anything special to log your contacts! See a map of where you've made QSOs that are logged. Check the DXCC of the callsign you are considering logging. More coming soon!
The tool is US centric right now, but an effort is being undertaken right now to expand the list, particularly in offline operations. Already the local translation is used for States and Counties, and will likely be used for Countries soon. I'm working on improving the translations across the board, in fact, to simply work everywhere. If there's a particular location you'd like to see, or would just like to help improve this app, please take the survey at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AfrKLXJwt9l1e-1Rew7G5WLyorcd_kLWyRmt82rw994/viewform
Note: This app will NOT help you find the best ham in your area. Sorry.
Reasons for each permission required:
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION- This app uses GPS to determine where you are, and requires this permission to get that information
INTERNET- Used to query web APIs about your exact location.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE- Used to make sure we don't try to contact someone if you don't have a network connection
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE- Used for Google Maps to determine your location if you don't have one
VIBRATE- Used to notify user of some errors
READ_PHONE_STATE- This is used to ensure that each user has a unique token, only used for those who purchase in app products.
BILLING- Used to purchase in app products, such as US Counties Map.
• NK Xpress is a SIP-based soft phone. You can call your friends and family from NK Xpress with lowest international call rates! And very good quality.
• SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Works from Wifi/3G/GSM
• Support for DTMF
• Easy contact book, call history.
In addition to your cost savings, we offers:
• Secure and reliable communication
• Compatible with VOIP switches supporting standard SIP
• Unique anti-block solution
• Option to brand own dialer
• Advance Echo Cancellation
• Flexible integration with your phone book contacts
• Screen display for your call history, call timer and balance
Jensen SecureLink is an innovative software including:
- Live video streaming with sound
- Sound alerts
- Motion alerts
- Person In Room alerts
- and more…
Simply connect your camera to your network, run the SecureLink app and follow the simple instructions.
The application is somewhat picky about the listening conditions, so if it doesn't work, try adjusting the volume or repositioning the phone in relation to the speaker.
If you can't get it to work, send me an email with a link to a recording of the transmission and I will see if I can improve the application.
Any other feedback welcome.