Ruters new travel planner app makes it easy for you to plan your journey and get real time information about departures on all Metro, tram, ferry and train services in Oslo, Akershus, Buskerud, Hedmark, Oppland, Telemark, Vestfold and Østfold.
• plan your journey by selecting the type of service and your departure and arrival times
• obtain real time information about departure times (real time counts down in minutes)
• obtain information about delays and cancellations for all services in Oslo and Akershus search for departures from stops close to your current location mark stops, services, addresses, areas and planned journeys as favourites
• decide when you want departures displayed on your favourites page
• always find your way home – mark an address as a favourite and the app will plan a journey from your current location
• display planned journeys in the Notification Area
• display maps showing your current location, stops, sales outlets, travel suggestions and journeys
• display all the stops on the routes you plan to take
• easily compare different service options using our new, colour-coded display features
To make your travel and real time searches as easy as possible, the app must have access to:
When it knows your location the app can display nearby stops and search results sorted according to where you are now. You can also plan journeys to and from your current location.
Internet access is essential if you want to obtain journey and real time information. Knowing your network status means that the app can reduce the number of requests to the RuterReise server. This means lower power consumption and a faster user interface.
We need access to read/write to your mobile’s storage in order to cache map tiles. We employ Google's APIs so that you can use Google Maps to display map views of journeys, stops and sales outlets.
NB: A bug has been identified in RuterReise which makes the app crash when trying to plan journeys forward in time. This primarily concerns devices running on Android v. 5.0. We are working to resolve the issue and will release a fix as soon as possible.
Ruter’s mobile app lets you buy your ticket before you get on board. The ticket is valid on the Metro, buses, trams, ferries and trains in Oslo and Akershus.
Quick purchases options are based on your previous purchases and issue you a new ticket in just two easy stages.
You can buy a ticket just for yourself or for a group travelling together.
You can buy single tickets and period tickets. If you have an active ticket which covers only part of your intended journey, you can buy a supplementary ticket for the rest.
If you wish to transfer valid 7- or 30-day tickets from one device to another, you may do so twice free of charge. After this there will be a charge of NOK 100 per ticket.
You can buy tickets in advance, and you can change the start time for your ticket.
For additional security, you can change the fare limit for which a password is required when buying tickets.
Your receipt will be sent via e-mail.
In order to make your purchase dialogue as easy as possible, the ticket app must have access to:
- Your location, precise (GPS) location
Knowing your location means that the app can automatically suggest a ticket in the zone where you are located.
- Network communication, full network access
Internet access is necessary to buy tickets and download them to your mobile. Knowing your network status means reducing the number of requests to the ticket server. This means lower power consumption and a faster user interface. It also makes it possible to anonymise data (not activated without your consent).
- Phone calls, read phone status and identity
The app is not able to make calls, but tickets you have bought will be linked to your phone’s unique ID so that your device is recognised as a valid ticket carrier.
- System tools, prevent phone from sleeping
This ensures that communication between your phone and ticket server is not interrupted.
- System tools, run at startup
Provides the possibility to have a notification when a period ticket is about to expire.
- Hardware controls, control vibration
Depending on your predefined settings, the notification for expiring period tickets can vibrate.
- Network communication, receive data from Internet, view network connections
You will be notified if ticket purchasing is temporarily out of order.
- Read sync settings
Provides the possibility to automatically update your period tickets.