More from developer
We’re expanding beyond the CBDs of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane to give you the best news, gossip, sport and talk for free no matter where you are anytime of the day or night.
Now your morning commute can be as entertaining as the trip home and you can check in with us for the latest news throughout the day. We’ll have your favourite sections including News, What in the Weird, Goss & glam; Sport and Talk plus a whole raft of new content including galleries, videos and weather and transport Twitter feeds to give you a smooth ride to work and back.
Plus there will be more opportunities than ever before to comment and share with us on the mX app and we’ll share your thoughts in our printed edition as well.
- Lots of great mX content; Lost in Love, Overheard, Day’s Best Vent and Here’s Looking at you and more
- Loads of funky photo galleries with full screen images
- Watch full screen videos on the move
- Browse and sort articles by latest, most commented and most liked
- In app commenting stories, galleries, video and more
- Sharing content to Facebook and Twitter
- Get the latest up to date weather and transport Twitter feeds for your location
- Scan QR Codes in the mX newspaper to get exclusive in-app content
- Optimised for Android Smartphones, specifically: Samsung Galaxy S2,S3,S4, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Desire HD
Optimised for 7 inch tablets and updated throughout the day, you can enjoy exclusive access to news, analysis and opinion from The Australian wherever you are.
• News coverage from Australia’s leading journalists
• Browse your favourite section (Opinion, National Affairs, World, Features, Business, Aus IT and Sport)
• Industry specific pages for Higher Education, Media, Aviation, Legal Affairs and Telecommunications
• Offline browsing
• Optimised for 7 inch tablets, specifically: Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) and Kindle Fire
• More to come…
NOTE: Access to the app requires requires The Australian Digital Pass; The Australian Digital Pass allows you to access this app as well as to subscriber-only content on your computer, iPad and smartphone. This exclusive content (including industry specific blogs, interactive analysis, access to archived stories and news digests) is all available with one login.
For more information on subscribing, with the Digital Pass, go to: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/subscribe
Local Shoppa is a free mobile app that lets you browse and receive notifications for nearby deals.
The app covers a wide range of local product and service categories including:
Restaurants & Cafes
Whether you’re after a quick bite to eat, sourcing a local tradesman or looking for weekend family activities, be sure to check Local Shoppa for a great value offer, discount, bonus, saving or exclusive Local Shoppa deal.
Using location-based GPS technology, the app is set to browse deals available within a 25km radius.
Browse deals by distance or category. Easily adjust your settings to suit your own shopping preferences.
Add deals, businesses locations or categories to your list of favourites for easy reference.
Easily update your favourites and notifications so you can stay alerted to new deals relevant to your lifestyle.
Want the deal now? Hit the location button and Local Shoppa will provide you directions to the deal location.
Want to contact the business to make a booking or enquiry about the deal? Simply click to call.
Looking for an online deal? Check out the Online Deals category and instantly click to purchase.
See a great deal your friends or family would love? Easily share deals via email, Twitter, Facebook or text message.
FOR BUSINESSES WHO LOVE LOCAL CUSTOMERS
Local Shoppa partners with local retailers, restaurants, service providers, online brands and businesses across all industries to reward customers for shopping locally.
The app provides deals and notifications to customers who are within nearby range of your business location, providing a direct response channel for you to connect with your customers and incentivise them to shop with you.
To advertise on Local Shoppa, contact our team via www.localshoppa.com.au
The Local Shoppa mobile app is owned by News Corp Australia. The participating retailers and businesses are providing the advertised deals and have set the terms and conditions for each deal. Please ensure you read the stated terms and conditions upon downloading the app prior to accepting available deals.