The meditation techniques provided in this app is a very ancient and popular meditation technique mentioned in Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and has been around for thousands of years. The original name for this technique is called as Trataka in Sanskrit.
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras mentions this as "Ekatattva Abhayasa". It means the practise of One reality. Trataka is the
fixing of one's gaze, either externally or internally, on a point of attention. Together with this process,
a breathing exercise may have to be practiced to calm the disturbances in the mind.
More on Trataka Meditation can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trataka.
Benefits of Trataka or Om Meditation app are
- Improves concentration, memory and mental power
- Some cases have shown to give spiritual powers
- Reduces stress and tension
- Improves motiviation power and foresight
The best way to use the app is
Focus on the moving ball and/or the sound of Om in the background.
Let your breath relax as you are doing the above step.
Once the mind is calmer then try focusing on the center Om or the dot.
The features in the app include
- Home screen to choose between Conzentration and Settings.
- Post a message to facebook to let your friends know about your practice and also unlock the Asato Ma audio file.
- A settings screen that allows choosing the time from 1 minute to "Forever" for your conzentration and different backgrounds that suit your mood.
- No ads on the Conzentration screen.
- Unlock new backgrounds/balls/music based on the time you meditated.
- Lots of interesting meditation music and chants to choose from.
- The bouncing ball can be touched at any time to remove it from the screen
- If you have not chosen “Forever!!!” in the settings slider then after the chosen time is over the restart button appears and your conzentration can be restarted if needed.
- Use the timer to set the amount of time to meditate. The meditation timer is present on the settings screen as a slider.
- Contains different meditation music like chants of Om, Om Namo Narayana, Om Namah Shivaya, Ocean waves, 2 Tibetan bells, Tanpura (Stringed instrument) and Jungle/Forest music.
- Contains light bulb on the OM ball screen that gives profound wisdom tidbits from the Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Rumi, Ramana Maharishi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Sivananda and other texts.
If you feel strained or stressed then stop immediately and let your mind/body system relax.
The app has a decent number of chants and meditation music and more are coming in the way. This meditation app has a timer in the form of a slider in it. This app also helps novices learn to meditate and overcome the difficulties in beginning meditation. The app includes pictures of some saints too like Ramana Maharishi, Mahavatar Babaji etc.
The app has very good gaming features and also integrates with Open Feint to post to one leader board and unlock meditation based achievements.
The app has facts and tidbits from various scriptures like Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Vedas etc. It also has profound truths from sages like Sri Ramakrishana Paramahamsa, Ramana Maharishi, Rumi, Swami Vivekananda and others.
The app has meditation online timer and lot of meditation online music to choose from.
The screeners are digitised by Lau Cher Chien of the Bioinformatics Research Group (BIRG), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
MEDICAL ADVICE DISCLAIMER
The Author does not provide any medical advice on the app, and the information should not be so construed or used. Using and accessing the app and/or providing personal or medical information to the Author does not create a physician-patient relationship between you and the Author. Nothing contained in the app is intended to create a physician-patient relationship, to replace the services of a licensed, trained physician or health professional or to be a substitute for medical advice of a physician or trained health professional licensed in your state. You should not rely on anything contained in the app, and you should consult a physician licensed in your state in all matters relating to your health. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the app.
✓ Help you meditate
✓ Relax your mind and body
✓ Cure sleep disorders
✓ Help quit bad habits
✓ Uplift your soul
Om (AUM) is regarded as the eternal sound which is there in the universe all the time. It is said to be the only sound you would hear when you go into deep meditation.
You can use this tool irrespective of whether you are new to meditation or a practitioner of any form of meditation like Zen, Mindfulness or Chakra Meditation. It is helpful for Yoga teachers as well as students. Many of our users have reported positive results using the mantra sounds for sleep therapy.
✓ Full-featured, no in-app or buy requirements
✓ 20+ meditation tracks with new mantras added periodically
✓ Lot of configuration options (counts, bell, pause etc.)
✓ Wordings & detailed meanings of all mantras provided
✓ Play mantras endlessly or a fixed number of times
✓ Meditation training instructions for beginners
✓ Handy reporting features to track and analyse your meditation
✓ Capable of playing audio in the background
✓ Pauses chant on receiving phone calls
✓ Sort and hide mantras to make custom meditation routines
✓ Silent Meditation mode to help Breathe Meditation
✓ Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh and Jain mantras included
✓ Mantra track, image, theme etc. can be changed
✓ Can play with screen off and does not drain battery
✓ Small install size and requires minimal device permissions
OM is made of 3 sub-sounds A, U and M.
As per Mandukya Upanishad:
1) The "A" (ah..) stands for the state of wakefulness, where our sense organs are active
2) The "U" (oo..) stands for the dream state, in which inward experiences are available
3) The "M" (mm..) represents deep sleep, when the mind is without desire
LIST OF MANTRAS
- Om Mantra (AUM)
- Mrityunjaya/Death-conquering Mantra (Om Trayambakam...)
- Shree Yantra / Sri Chakra Mantra (Om Shreem Hreem...)
- Shanti/Peace Mantra (Om Purnam Adah...)
- Yoga Mantra (Om Saha Navavatu...)
- Guru Mantra (Gurur Brahma, Gurur Vishnu...)
- Enlightenment Mantra (Asato Ma Sadgamaya...)
- Silent Meditation (Silence for Breathe Meditation)
- Oneness/Moola Mantra (Om Satchidananda...)
- Universal Mantra (Om Sarveshaam Svastir...)
Hindu God Mantras
- Ganesha Mantra (Om Gam Ganapataye Namah)
- Vishnu Mantra (Om Namo Narayanaya)
- Gayathri Mantra (Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha...)
- Shiva/Siva Mantra (Om Namah Shivaya)
- Krishna Mantra (Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya)
- Hanuman Mantra (Om Ham Hanumate Namaha)
- Sarawathi Mantra (Om Shreem Hreem Saraswatyei Namaha)
- Durga/Kali Mantra (Om Dum Durgaya Namaha)
- Maha Mantra (Hare Krishna... Hare Rama...)
- Surya/Sun Mantra (Om Hram Hrim...)
- Shani/Saturn Mantra (Om Sham Shanai...)
- Lotus Mantra (Om Mani Padme Hum)
- Daimoku (Nam Myoho Renge Kyo)
- Green Tara Mantra (Om Tare Tuttare...)
- Mul Mantar/Ik Onkar Mantra (Ek Onkaar...)
- Namokar/Navkar Mantra (Namo Arihantanam...)
Om mantras are said to have great healing powers. Regular Om chanting can help you overcome depression, loneliness, insomnia & stress. It could also help you quit bad habits like smoking, drugs or alcoholism by strengthening your mind.
This tool can also be used to play the auspicious Om sounds in the background during pujas (prayers), archanas, aarti, stuti and other religious ceremonies. When listening it to sleep, set the auto exit time so that it shuts of automatically.
A low-priced Pro version is available as well with Alarm and Recording features.
Mange raske mennesker oplever af og til problemer med at huske. Det er helt almindeligt at glemme:
- Aftaler og gøremål
- Hvor man har lagt nøgler eller briller
- Hvorfor man fx er gået ud i køkkenet
Men hvis du gennem en periode på mindst et halvt år oplever, at din hukommelse er blevet væsentligt ringere, så tal med din nærmeste familie og drøft det med din læge.
Problemer med at huske behøver ikke være tegn på demens. Hukommelsesbesvær kan også forekomme i forbindelse med stress, depression eller andre sygdomme.
Husk: Demens er tegn på sygdom - ikke alderdom.