1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
If you have problems with your proximity sensor? Or the screen stays black after a call. It's most likely the sensor, this app will fix that.
Note II, GT-N7100
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems.
I am a developer in the inital phase, i would be very happy if you would buy me a bee.
Proximity Sensor Finder tells you a few things about your device:
1. Does the device have a proximity sensor?
2. Is an object in close proximity detected?
3. Does this device support actual proximity distances or just "covered" and "uncovered" sensor states?
4. For supported devices, exactly how far away is the object?
5. How long has the sensor been covered?
6. How much power is the proximity sensor consuming?
We developed Proximity Sensor Finder as an internal testing tool but it soon became apparent that there was a need in the market for just such an app, so we decided to ship it and make it free!
Internet and location permissions requested are just for ads, no other data is transmitted or received.
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Please, use the Uninstall button in the app. Due to Android restriction the app cannot be uninstalled on a normal way.
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
***WITH OVER 500,000+ DOWNLOADS On FREE KNOCK LOCK Screen Lock ***
*** THE ALL NEW KNOCK LOCK-APP LOCK IS HERE , its UI has been recreated from Top to Bottom***
Tired of using old locking techniques for your Smart Phone? Tired of locks that even a child can unlock?
Don't worry, here comes the NEW and improved solution for Screen Lock & App Lock for your Android Devices. The innovative Lock Screen will leave intruders baffled!
With KnockLock so that you don't need to keep 2 differnt locking applications.
KNOCK LOCK-APP LOCK will not only lock your device but also server as an App Lock that will confuse any hacker!!!
YES this is it..!!It's the INVISIBLE PATTERN LOCK.
All you need to do is tap on the screen and unlock your device or Apps. MAGIC! No unauthorized person will be able to Unlock your device or access your Apps/ contents EVER! The INVISIBLE Pattern Lock is a revolutionary application that unlocks your device without disclosing your Password.
The lock screen is beautified by custom date and time formats with the AWESOME HD WALLPAPERS! The path for unlocking is Hidden! Only you are able to access your device or apps and prevent UNAUTHORIZED or FORCED access.
AND NOT ONLY THIS, you can now have access to over 4 types of Locking Techniques both for Lock Screen or App Lock i.e Knock Lock, Shutter Lock, Pattern Lock, Time Password.
Features of Knock lock PRO are-
1. Prevent Unauthorized Access
2. Invisible path to Unlock Pattern.
3. Helps preventing accidental calling/ butt dialing.
4. Prevents others from using your device.
5. Superbly rich graphics.
6. App Lock
Changes are a part of life, hence we work on it regularly to make it more attractive & efficient. Be sure to give your feedback.
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/gamebreakout
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/BreakoutG
Play Store Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Breakout+Games
- Gyroscope Sensor
Gyroscope sensor can measure six directions at a time. You will be able to see the effects immediately by rotating your phone slightly. Now Gyroscope sensor is mostly used in 3D game development, and possibly indoor navigation in future.
- Light Sensor
Light sensor is applied to detect the light intensity of the environment, and then adjusts screen brightness and determines whether to turn off the keyboard light. Test the effect by putting your phone in dark place and retrieving it.
- Orientation Sensor
Orientation sensor is applied to detect direction status of the device, i.e. auto rotate screen when device is rotated horizontally. It can also be used as measure equipment like Spirit Level.
- Proximity Sensor
Proximity sensor measures the distance between two objects, usually the device screen and our hands/face etc. Test the effect by moving your hand forward and backward in front of the device in Sensor Box for Android.
- Temperature Sensor
Temperature sensor provides information about your device temperature, thus you can take action when the temp is too low or high.
- Accelerometer Sensor
Accelerometer sensor is applied to detect device directions, i.e. auto rotate screen when the device is rotated vertically. It is also widely used in game development.
Sound detects the sound intensity around you and provides you detailed information about the intensity changes.
- Magnetic Field
Magnetic Field is used in many areas like metal detection and compass, which bring us lot convenience in our life.
Pressure is used to detect environmental pressure, thus to forecast weather and temperature.
Sensor Box for Android only detects changes. It may not show the correct temperature, proximity, light and pressure values if no changes occur.
For better performances, sensors are usually used together. Check out the live demonstration inside the application! Any feedback the email address below is the best way to get in touch with us.
• Swipe from edges.
• Double tap on the status bar.
• Long press on the physical keys (for Android 4.3+).
• Mouse or stylus (S Pen) is also supported.
• Home, Back, Recent Apps, Screen Off, Screenshot, Immersive Mode, etc.
• Launch of an application or a shortcut.
*** For Android 5.0 users without Root ***
On Android 5.0, it is possible to enable Immersive Mode with keyboard support. A tutorial can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/ow83t7f
** back to the users directly which is very sad so let me help you if my app gave you a problem. You can still leave a ** negative feedback but still, please let me help. You can email me through this page or through the app. Thanks!
Ever considering having a Smart Cover feature for your Android Device? Now you can!!
This application allows you to Turn On your screen after removing it from cover.
Gentlemen, do you keep your device in your pockets? Check your device status immediately after taking it out without pressing any buttons!!
Ladies, do you keep your device in your bag? This application will turn on your screen for you without you having to reach for the buttons!
Might you be using a Device Wallet which also acts as a Cover?
** Turn on your Screen and automatically unlock!!
** Turn on/off your screen without using Power or Home buttons.
** Perform magic tricks. ^_^
** Disable in Landscape mode
** Beep option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Brian)
** Choice of tone for the above feature (Thanks Novak, Andreas)
** Vibrate option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Ignatius)
** Due to the sensitivity of the Proximity Sensor, I strongly suggest not to use the function turn off screen by this application. To turn off the feature, just set the duration to -1 seconds.
Instead, I suggest that you use another application to lock your screen. Here, I suggest using "Lock Screen Now" which is also developed by me. There are also many other Lock Screen applications which you can find on Google Play.
** Do note that this application requires proximity sensor to work.
** Requires Device Administrator for the Turn Off screen feature.
** To UNINSTALL this application, you have to first remove the Device Administrator rights for this application. When you choose to uninstall this application, it will prompt you to remove the Device Administrator Rights. If not, please go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator > Uncheck this application.
Normally, the physical hardware power button on your phone is used to lock your screen. However, repeatedly pressing it will eventually shorten its life. Once installed, this app allows you to double-tap your touchscreen (desktop) to lock your screen, thus allowing you to extend your hardware button's life.
Problems Uninstalling This App?
If the uninstall button is greyed out in System Settings > Manage App, first navigate to System Settings > Security > Device administrators and deactivate Hola Screen Lock. Then uninstall the app through Manage App.
Please note that this is an optional plugin for Hola Launcher. It will not work on its own.
With Hovering Controls you can use your phone just like Samsung Galaxy S4 does with Air Gesture and much more!
HOW TO UNINSTALL IF YOU ENABLED ADMIN:
App menu-->uninstall - admin-->Disable
now you can uninstall
THIS IS A LIMITED FREE VERSION (NOT ALL FEATURES ARE INCLUDED) NOW YOU CAN TEST THE APP AND BUY IF YOU LIKE!!
Hovering Controls uses the proximity sensor of your device to register simple motions performed in front of your device. Predetermined apps can be launched by either hovering over the sensor, swiping once, or swiping twice. Silencing an alarm or ringtone is as simple as a hand wave. You can also control your media playback this way, allowing you to change to the next or previous song or video without ever turning on the phone screen and physically touching it.
Do you like Quick Glance from Galaxy S4? Now you can have it too!!
And that is not all, you can lock/unlock your phone, answer calls, slide betwen photos in your gallery and scroll up/down in your browser!! (browser scroll and gallery slides need a rooted device)
Two modes are available, both offering a different take on opening apps:
Target mode: open a pre-determined app with a set gesture
Carousel mode: open up apps from a set list of apps
The app uses proximity sensor, use test sensor in menu to test your sensor sensibility and finde how you have to wave for it to detect. If you decide to hide notification icon, the service may stop working if android needs memery resources (it will stop detecting events ) for a while until it is restarted by its own.
Music Controls How-To:
1.- Start Hovering Controls with Music Control Activated in settings.
2.- Open your music/video player and start playing a song/video
3.- You can now use other apps while listening music, Hovering Controls will remember wich app was playing your song/video, if you want to change the player, just open it and start playing a song/video!
- Set apps to open with all the available gestures.
- Silence alarm.
- Silence incoming call. ONLY PAID VERSION
- Switch betwen recent apps (like back and forward behaviour)
- Fast go to home screen
- QuickGlance like Galaxy S4 has!!! ONLY PAID VERSION
- Control your music player (next/previous/pause/resume) even with screen off!!!
- Shake phone during a call to activate/deactivate speakerphone.
- Answer incoming call, just put your phone near to your ear (its like Hover Hold)
- Lock/Unlock screen with hand slides!
- Flip Cover Mode. ONLY PAID VERSION
And if you have your phone Rooted...:
- Tilt to slide right left (Beta) ONLY PAID VERSION
- AutoShoot camera to take photo.
- Slide betwen your photos in your image gallery (1 slide->next, 2 slides->previous) ONLY PAID VERSION
- Scroll up and down in your browser (1 slide->down, 2 slides->up. Not all browser are supported)
- Floating Knock Lock
- Option to change transparency of floating area
- Option to change size of floating area
You'll be able to test the following:
*** SENSORS ***
You'll be able to check which sensors are supported by your phone and all the information and values provided by each sensor. Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, proximity sensor, pressure sensor...
*** WIFI ***
You'll be able to check your LAN status: local and external IP, gateway, DHCP server...
*** TELEPHONY ***
Signal, network type, external IP, SIM data...
*** GPS ***
You'll see the real data provided by the GPS: satellites, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed...
*** BATTERY ***
Level of charge, capacity, time on, temperature, health...
*** MULTITOUCH ***
How many points of contact does your device recognize? Is your digitizer working as it should?
*** CAMERA ***
Information about your device's cameras like resolution, focal length, crop factor relative to 35 mm film format, focus modes, sensor size...
*** SYSTEM INFORMATION ***
Information about hardware and software like CPU, RAM, kernel, screen...
This app is similar to EVEREST or AIDA64, but apart from showing the components and system information, it also shows sensors readings.
The best hardware information app!
Just try Air Lock Screen! Swipe your hand on top of your phone and see the magic!
- Lock/Unlock screen with hand swipe.
- Three lock mode supported (desktop only, all apps mode and white list mode).
- Enable/Disable app in notification center.
- Disable in landscape to prevent screen lock when playing game or watching video.
A screen filter basically is meant to decrease the brightness of your screen below its minimum system-allowed level, so it would not hurt your eyes when you use your device in the dark. It also saves quite a lot of battery power on devices with AMOLED screens. However, all of the screen filter apps out there provide a static screen filter which just stays on the screen all the time, regardless of whether it's actually needed or not. The problem is that when you find yourself in a very bright environment, where you need the absolute maximum brightness which your display is capable of, a static screen filter would take away from it, so you would have to manually go and turn it off.
Active Screen Filter solves this by enabling you to set the minimum and the maximum transparency of the screen filter, so that it would change based on the ambient light or on the currently set screen brightness level. It effectively increases the brightness span of your display below the system minimum, without having to manually turn it on/off or readjust it.
If you like it the app, please post a positive review in the store and share it with your friends! You can also check my other apps - I'm sure you would find them very useful as well.
As always - I'm open to ideas and suggestions. Please do not use the reviews for but reports - email me and help me solve any issues. Thanks!
Add me on Google+, I'll discuss ideas for future features there!
After 9 months of R&D, I'm happy to present you the all new Novum Motion Actions v.2.0:
* Now - execute shortcuts, like direct call, direct message, etc.!
* New shake detection algorithm - much more accurate and reliable!
* New - set 3 different actions to be executed by shaking the device in any of the three axis - X, Y or Z!
* Premium mode with extra options like "Screen OFF actions" set, "No Ads" and others.
* Removed permissions: CAMERA, GET_ACCOUNTS, SYSTEM_OVERLAY_WINDOW.
✔ Lock the device;
✔ Wake up the device (premium);
✔ Toggle Auto-Rotation On/Off;
✔ Change the screen orientation, without releasing the orientation lock (Android 3.0 and up);
✔ Launch any app;
✔ Launch any shortcut (direct call, direct message, etc.);
✔ Toggle the LED light On/Off (if available).
✔ Music: Pause/Unpause, Play Next, Play Previous;
There are 3 configurable actions, depending on the axis of the shaking - X, Y or Z.
There are other 3 configurable actions when the device is asleep!
You can configure the shaking gesture in force and number of movements required.
The app may use some battery power, depending on the settings. All settings which could affect the power consumption have a proper warning in the description.
TO UNINSTALL: Use the option in the app!
No personal information is collected or sent whatsoever!
Add me on Google+, I'll discuss ideas for future features there!
WARNING: The app hardly use any battery power. However, please note that if you do not use the screen LOCK option, the device would NOT go into deep sleep (power-saving mode) and WILL use a lot of battery power!
Seems some people worry about wearing out their proximity sensor or something like that - rest assured, the proximity sensor would outlast any other part of your phone by a long shot, even if you use it non-stop. :)
✔ Automatically wake up the device when you open the flip cover, take the device out of pocket/bag, etc.;
✔ Automatically turn the screen off when you close the flip cover, put the device in pocket/bag, etc. (as long as the sensor remains blocked) and optionally lock the device after set amount of time (to make the screen stay off, even if the sensor gets unblocked);
✔ Autostart on boot of the phone;
✔ Fully customizable.
✔ Status bar icon - if you really don't want it and are willing to risk the service being killed for memory;
✔ No ads - ad-free use of the app;
✔ Excluded apps - a list of apps which would disable the Smart Screen service while they are being used;
✔ Lock sound - choose a lock notification sound;
✔ Only in portrait - whether the "Screen Off" should work only when the screen is in portrait mode;
✔ Only on Home Screen - whether the "Screen Off" should work only when you are on the Home Screen;
Contact me if you want to help translate the app to your language.
TO UNINSTALL: Use the in-app option for this!
PLEASE READ: The status bar notification is put there because Google made it so! Otherwise the app service might be killed by the system and the app would stop working! There is an option to remove it if you really want to.
AD SYSTEM: About the ad system - http://goo.gl/DnmYbM . There is an "Ad-Free use" premium option.
This app is developed by a single independent developer. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! Thanks!
Most of the permissions are self-explanatory and are needed by the app's functionality or the ads.
The ACCOUNTS permission is needed to grant ad-free use to people who support the development otherwise.
ROOT is optionally needed for resetting the hosts file if you choose to do so.
No personal information is collected and/or sent whatsoever!
Please use the email for any questions and support! The store reviews are not meant for communication! Thanks!
This approach enables the LED to be turned on/off from different apps, including from the UI of this app as well.
This app has no icons yet, so I am accepting suggestions and icon concepts. I will reward the person who creates nice icons for this app with Supporter Codes for all of my apps.
Please email me any issues or suggestions you might have! Thanks!
★★★★★ "Great game.
Love this game! And you will find there is a systematic approach to finding the numbers faster. Won't say how, but the more you play it, the easier it is to find shortcuts to getting the correct line of numbers. Please make this game have real-time online multiplayer." - Julia
★★★★★ "Great fun for all ages!
Gets the grey matter working - especially when your 8 year old son is repeatedly beating you!" - Anonymous (probably ashamed ;))
★★★★ "Really entertaining!
Great game. Once you get the hang of it, it's much easier but still challenging and lots of fun!" - Barbara
This is a brain-stimulating but relaxing game of pattern-recognition and basic logic application. It is based on the classic game "Mastermind", a.k.a. "Code-Breaker". It involves cracking a four (or five) digit code as fast as possible. The UI is meant to be simple, convenient and intuitive for devices of all sizes.
The game requires fast and deep analytical thinking, so those who like playing blitz chess games would love this one.
In the Help menu you can find an in-depth Tutorial, explaining everything from the basic rules to the advanced logic behind the game.
Players take turn in guessing the secret code of their opponent. Each time a player makes a guess, he receives information about his success. The information is given in the form of two numbers, one red and one blue.
The RED number means the amount of digits you have guessed right, but which are in a DIFFERENT POSITION in the secret code you are trying to guess.
The BLUE number means the amount of digits you have guessed right and which are in the CORRECT POSITION in the secret code you are trying to guess.
Considering this information limits the possibilities with each turn. In Player v.s. Player mode, players start with a time limit and gain bonus seconds with each turn. Whoever manages to figure out the other players' secret code first - wins.
The secret code could not contain 0 (zero), so the 0 could be used as a "blank" character. There could also be no repeated digits (like 1337).
In the new "Get Rated" mode your goal is to try and break a random secret code as fast and with as few attempts as possible. The average scores of your last 10 games are your Fast Thinker (average time) and Deep Thinker (average attempts) ratings, which you could share and compare with your friends. The right column shows the number of possible combinations left, if you fully and correctly consider the feedback from all your attempts so far.
Please do NOT use the rating system to report any problems or to submit ideas and requests, since there is no way for me to contact you for any further information. Instead, please use the provided contact e-mail. Thanks!
This app is developed solely by me in my free time. I really like developing Android apps and I'm trying to make it a full time job. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also buy me a beer by using the in-app Donate option! Thanks!
Add me on Google+, I'll discuss ideas for future features there!
* Volume control - slide from the Volume Dot in any direction to change the music volume;
* Initial volume level - reset the volume level after 20s of inactivity;
* Instant mute - tap the Volume Dot to instantly mute the music;
* Custom size and transparency - you can configure the size and transparency level of the Volume Dot;
* Custom placement - touch and hold the Volume Dot until you feel a slight vibration, then you can move it to a suitable position.
* Double-click the Volume Dot to open the settings.
* Auto Show/Hide - the Volume Dot will automatically show when needed and hide afterwards;
* No Ads - no advertisements will be shown;
The app practically uses no battery power.
The app is originally ad-supported but has a premium mode which gives extra options (including ad-free use) for a small annual subscription.
In ad-supported mode you agree to actually view ads and the app will regularly complain if it finds any ad-blocking. A small, trembling handshake icon will appear on the screen once in a while. You may click it to see the ad at your convenience. Read more on the ad system here - http://goo.gl/DnmYbM
This app is developed solely by me, initially for personal use, as I couldn't find such anywhere. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! It would really help!
DISCLAIMER: The functions of call answering and call ending are not officially supported by the Android OS. Those functions can ONLY be achieved with root access and custom modifications of the OS. This app tries to utilize those functions without root access, but it MAY NOT WORK ON YOUR DEVICE! Please do not give low ratings if it this is the case! This is not a fault of the app and there is nothing I can do about it! Thank you for your understanding!
Make your smartphone a truly Smart Phone!
You don't need to touch the screen to manage your phone calls anymore:
✔ Answer calls just by putting the phone to your ear;
✔ Automatically answer a call if a headset is connected;
✔ Reject or end calls just by shaking the device;
✔ Automatically send an SMS when rejecting a call by shake;
✔ Automatically turn the speaker on or off based on whether the device is close to your ear or not (proximity sensor);
ATTENTION! Smart Phone works after it activates! It activates when:
1. There is an incoming call or a call is in progress;
2. The phone is kept steady for a moment;
You would see a message and a status bar notification when Smart Phone activates!
If the app works for you and you want to support its development - please give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also consider donating.
No personal information is collected and/or sent whatsoever!