Proximity Sensor Finder tells you a few things about your device:
1. Does the device have a proximity sensor?
2. Is an object in close proximity detected?
3. Does this device support actual proximity distances or just "covered" and "uncovered" sensor states?
4. For supported devices, exactly how far away is the object?
5. How long has the sensor been covered?
6. How much power is the proximity sensor consuming?
We developed Proximity Sensor Finder as an internal testing tool but it soon became apparent that there was a need in the market for just such an app, so we decided to ship it and make it free!
Internet and location permissions requested are just for ads, no other data is transmitted or received.
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
If you have problems with your proximity sensor? Or the screen stays black after a call. It's most likely the sensor, this app will fix that.
Note II, GT-N7100
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems.
I am a developer in the inital phase, i would be very happy if you would buy me a bee.
You'll be able to test the following:
Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, proximity sensor, pressure sensor... You'll be able to check which sensors are supported by your phone and all the information and values provided for each sensor.
You'll be able to check your LAN status: internal & external IP, gateway, DHCP server...
Signal, network type, external IP, SIM data...
You'll see the real data provided by the GPS: satellites, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed...
Level of charge, time on, temperature, health...
How many points of contact does your device recognize?
Information about hardware and software like CPU, RAM, kernel version, screen...
This app is similar to EVEREST or AIDA64, but apart from showing the components and system information, it also shows sensors readings.
The Pro version of Phone Tester displays more information (CPU speed, phone memory, sd card memory) and removes the ads.
** back to the users directly which is very sad so let me help you if my app gave you a problem. You can still leave a ** negative feedback but still, please let me help. You can email me through this page or through the app. Thanks!
Ever considering having a Smart Cover feature for your Android Device? Now you can!!
This application allows you to Turn On your screen after removing it from cover.
Gentlemen, do you keep your device in your pockets? Check your device status immediately after taking it out without pressing any buttons!!
Ladies, do you keep your device in your bag? This application will turn on your screen for you without you having to reach for the buttons!
Might you be using a Device Wallet which also acts as a Cover?
** Turn on your Screen and automatically unlock!!
** Turn on/off your screen without using Power or Home buttons.
** Perform magic tricks. ^_^
** Disable in Landscape mode
** Beep option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Brian)
** Choice of tone for the above feature (Thanks Novak, Andreas)
** Vibrate option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Ignatius)
** Due to the sensitivity of the Proximity Sensor, I strongly suggest not to use the function turn off screen by this application. To turn off the feature, just set the duration to -1 seconds.
Instead, I suggest that you use another application to lock your screen. Here, I suggest using "Lock Screen Now" which is also developed by me. There are also many other Lock Screen applications which you can find on Google Play.
** Do note that this application requires proximity sensor to work.
** Requires Device Administrator for the Turn Off screen feature.
** To UNINSTALL this application, you have to first remove the Device Administrator rights for this application. When you choose to uninstall this application, it will prompt you to remove the Device Administrator Rights. If not, please go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator > Uncheck this application.
• Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
• Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
• Schedule start/stop of service (Save battery power during night)
• Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
• Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
• Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
• Widget: to start and stop the service
• ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
• Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
• Enable screen on/off during calls only
• Disable call handling completely
• Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
• Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
• Prevent accidental screen on
• Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
• Vibration on screen On/Off
• App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
• If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
• If Gestures or any other settings (like lock-screen) are not working, please Clear app data from
Settings -> Application Manager -> Proximity Screen Off Pro -> Clear Data
• If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
• Default timeout after screenOn will be system display timeout. can be overridden by "Avoid screen Flickering"
• Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
• App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
• To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280# or (Send mail on mailto:email@example.com)
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
(Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave, tab, tablet, switch, nexus, s3, sgs, screen on, one touch, tasker)
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Enables the "double tap to wake" feature that the Nexus 6 shipped with. It requires root, so you must unlock your bootloader and root before using this.
The built in implementation of double tap to wake isn't perfect. Some users have indicated that if their device has been sleeping for a while, it isn't always reliable. It is very unlikely to cause harm to your Nexus 6, but extensive longterm testing has not yet been done. By downloading now, you are accepting the liability if something were to go wrong. Please let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.
* Enhanced error checking.
* If a non rooted device opens this application, it should no longer crash.
* Small formatting changes.
* Settings now persist through reboot.
* Changed name from "Doubletap to Unlock" to "Doubletap to Wake".
* Updated Icon. Doesn't look amazing, but it's better than it was.
* Updated some text.
* Implemented the ability to turn on or off Double Tap to Wake
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
- Gyroscope Sensor
Gyroscope sensor can measure six directions at a time. You will be able to see the effects immediately by rotating your phone slightly. Now Gyroscope sensor is mostly used in 3D game development, and possibly indoor navigation in future.
- Light Sensor
Light sensor is applied to detect the light intensity of the environment, and then adjusts screen brightness and determines whether to turn off the keyboard light. Test the effect by putting your phone in dark place and retrieving it.
- Orientation Sensor
Orientation sensor is applied to detect direction status of the device, i.e. auto rotate screen when device is rotated horizontally. It can also be used as measure equipment like Spirit Level.
- Proximity Sensor
Proximity sensor measures the distance between two objects, usually the device screen and our hands/face etc. Test the effect by moving your hand forward and backward in front of the device in Sensor Box for Android.
- Temperature Sensor
Temperature sensor provides information about your device temperature, thus you can take action when the temp is too low or high.
- Accelerometer Sensor
Accelerometer sensor is applied to detect device directions, i.e. auto rotate screen when the device is rotated vertically. It is also widely used in game development.
Sound detects the sound intensity around you and provides you detailed information about the intensity changes.
- Magnetic Field
Magnetic Field is used in many areas like metal detection and compass, which bring us lot convenience in our life.
Pressure is used to detect environmental pressure, thus to forecast weather and temperature.
Sensor Box for Android only detects changes. It may not show the correct temperature, proximity, light and pressure values if no changes occur.
For better performances, sensors are usually used together. Check out the live demonstration inside the application! Any feedback the email address below is the best way to get in touch with us.
- Floating Knock Lock
- Option to change transparency of floating area
- Option to change size of floating area
ATTENTION: If the app does not work on your device upon installation due to third party modifications, you can uninstall app within Google Play 15 min trial period to avoid being charged. Reverting to Stock Android or system upgrade might resolve issue. This app has been tested fully functional on devices listed below (list updated regularly).
HELPFUL GUIDE: Tap Settings button to disable/change Notifications or to set customized shake profile settings. ALWAYS deactivate then activate service to apply changes. Tap service LED indicator button for info on adding on/off button widget to HOME screen. To activate service, select shake profile and tap Activate button which will pin the service to the notification status bar and cause a notification sound indicating service is active. To get back to the main app, tap the wake up icon in the status bar. If activated, Wake Up Screen service will remain active even after rebooting tablet or phone. To deactivate service run the app again and tap deactivate button or use the widget button. Tap Help button for full instructions.
SMART APP FEATURE: If the screen wakes up and no user activity detected, the screen goes back to sleep after few seconds! You can easily change sensitivity profiles: wake up the screen as you pick up the device (High Sensitivity) or after few to many shakes (Less Sensitivity)! Service indicator LED and on/off widget button! Battery Saver Period setting (optional)!
IMPORTANT TO KNOW PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
1. This app requires shake algorithm enabled devices.
2. This app requires “boot” and “keep screen on” permissions upon installations.
3. This app may not function on rooted devices or third party ROMs that disable “wake screen” activity.
4. This app uses between 4 to 8% of battery power and about 7 MB memory which is very low compared to system use. If needed, you can easily deactivate app processes to save battery use with the service on/off widget button.
5. This app does not alter security settings or lock screen configurations.
Finally: We encourage our users to contact us via email to discuss any concerns or suggestions regarding the app, if any. We cannot address review comments due to the fact that most negative comments that are left without prior contact with the developer are placed with the intent to lower app ratings and misguide the consumer.
App Statistics - Tested & works on:
4.1 - 4.2 - 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
4.0 - 4.0.2 - 4.0.3 - 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich - ICS)
3.2 (Honeycomb - HC)
2.3.3 + (Gingerbread)
2.2 - 2.2.1 (Froyo)
Acer: Iconia Tab A200 Picasso E , Picasso Tablet
ASUS: Eee Pad Transformer TF101 , TF201
Google: Nexus 4 (Mako) , Nexus 7 (Grouper)
HTC: One S (Ville) , One X (Endeavor) , Evo 3D (shooter), Evo 4G (Supersonic) , Evita , Incredible 2 (VIVOW) , Incredible S (VIVO) , Nexus One (Passion) , Rezound , Sensation 4G (Pyramid) , Thunderbolt (Mecha), Desire HD (Ace)
Huawei: MediaPad hws7300u
LG: VS840 Lucid 4G (Cayman) , Revolution, Spectrum (LGE VS920 4G)
Mach Speed: Trio Stealth G2
Motorola: Droid RAZR , Droid RAZR Maxx 4G , Droid 2 Global , MOTOACTV
Samsung: Conquer 4G , Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) , Galaxy Note (GT-N7000), Galaxy S3 , Galaxy S2 , Galaxy S, Galaxy Y
Novero: Solana Tablet/Netbook
Sony: Ericsson SEMC Xperia Arc S , Xperia P (LT22i)
Velocity Micro Cruz T103
Copyright 2012 wildroid.com
Check which sensors are available and what they meassure. Useful for all developers, but also for everyone who wants to test the device's sensors.
Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetic Field, Gyroscope, Light, Pressure, Proximity, Gravity, Linear Acceleration, Rotation Vector, Orientation, Relative Humidity, Temperature and Ambient Temperature.
Additional you can also check some more interesting device information about your Display, Hardware, Software, Battery, Memory,...
In portrait and landscape mode.
Don't hesitate to give a feedback. Please write an email if you got any problems.
A screen filter basically is meant to decrease the brightness of your screen below its minimum system-allowed level, so it would not hurt your eyes when you use your device in the dark. It also saves quite a lot of battery power on devices with AMOLED screens. However, all of the screen filter apps out there provide a static screen filter which just stays on the screen all the time, regardless of whether it's actually needed or not. The problem is that when you find yourself in a very bright environment, where you need the absolute maximum brightness which your display is capable of, a static screen filter would take away from it, so you would have to manually go and turn it off.
Active Screen Filter solves this by enabling you to set the minimum and the maximum transparency of the screen filter, so that it would change based on the ambient light or on the currently set screen brightness level. It effectively increases the brightness span of your display below the system minimum, without having to manually turn it on/off or readjust it.
If you like it the app, please post a positive review in the store and share it with your friends! You can also check my other apps - I'm sure you would find them very useful as well.
As always - I'm open to ideas and suggestions. Please do not use the reviews for but reports - email me and help me solve any issues. Thanks!
Add me on Google+, I'll discuss ideas for future features there!
PLEASE READ: The status bar notification is put there because Google made it so! Otherwise the app service might be killed by the system and the app would stop working!
WARNING: The app hardly use any battery power. However, please note that while the screen is just in "off" state and NOT locked - the device would NOT go into deep sleep (power-saving mode) and WILL use a lot of battery power!
Seems some people worry about wearing out their proximity sensor or something like that - rest assured, the proximity sensor would outlast any other part of your phone by a long shot, even if you use it non-stop. :)
For Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean): If you want to remove the status bar icon, go to Android Settings >> Apps >> Smart Screen and uncheck "Show notifications".
✔ Automatically wake up the device when you open the flip cover, take the device out of pocket/bag, etc.;
✔ Automatically turn the screen off when you close the flip cover, put the device in pocket/bag, etc. (as long as the sensor remains blocked) and optionally lock the device after set amount of time (to make the screen stay off, even if the sensor gets unblocked);
✔ Autostart on boot of the phone;
✔ Fully customizable.
Contact me if you want to help translate the app to your language.
TO UNINSTALL: You have to uncheck the "Device Administrator" option first!
AD SYSTEM: About the ad system - http://goo.gl/DnmYbM . There is an "Ad-Free use" option available to people who support the development in some other significant way and email me about it. Contact me for more information.
This app is developed by a single independent developer. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also buy me a drink using the Donate option in the app! Thanks!
Most of the permissions are self-explanatory and are needed by the app's functionality or the ads.
The ACCOUNTS permission is needed to grant ad-free use to people who support the development otherwise.
ROOT is optionally needed for resetting the hosts file if you choose to do so.
No personal information is collected and/or sent whatsoever!
Please use the email for any questions and support! The store reviews are not meant for communication! Thanks!
This approach enables the LED to be turned on/off from different apps, including from the UI of this app as well.
This app has no icons yet, so I am accepting suggestions and icon concepts. I will reward the person who creates nice icons for this app with Supporter Codes for all of my apps.
Please email me any issues or suggestions you might have! Thanks!
* Volume control - slide from the Volume Dot in any direction to change the music volume;
* Instant mute - tap the Volume Dot to instantly mute the music;
* Auto-hide - the Volume Dot will auto-hide when not needed;
* Custom size and transparency - you can configure the size and transparency level of the Volume Dot;
* Custom placement - touch and hold the Volume Dot until you feel a slight vibration, then you can move it to a suitable position.
The app practically uses no battery power.
The app is ad-supported. You have full control on when and if to view the ads, but please do so if you want to support the development. Read more on the ad system here - http://goo.gl/DnmYbM
This app is developed solely by me, initially for personal use, as I couldn't find such anywhere. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! Thanks!
★★★★★ "Great game.
Love this game! And you will find there is a systematic approach to finding the numbers faster. Won't say how, but the more you play it, the easier it is to find shortcuts to getting the correct line of numbers. Please make this game have real-time online multiplayer." - Julia
★★★★★ "Great fun for all ages!
Gets the grey matter working - especially when your 8 year old son is repeatedly beating you!" - Anonymous (probably ashamed ;))
★★★★ "Really entertaining!
Great game. Once you get the hang of it, it's much easier but still challenging and lots of fun!" - Barbara
This is a brain-stimulating but relaxing game of pattern-recognition and basic logic application. It is based on the classic game "Mastermind", a.k.a. "Code-Breaker". It involves cracking a four (or five) digit code as fast as possible. The UI is meant to be simple, convenient and intuitive for devices of all sizes.
The game requires fast and deep analytical thinking, so those who like playing blitz chess games would love this one.
In the Help menu you can find an in-depth Tutorial, explaining everything from the basic rules to the advanced logic behind the game.
Players take turn in guessing the secret code of their opponent. Each time a player makes a guess, he receives information about his success. The information is given in the form of two numbers, one red and one blue.
The RED number means the amount of digits you have guessed right, but which are in a DIFFERENT POSITION in the secret code you are trying to guess.
The BLUE number means the amount of digits you have guessed right and which are in the CORRECT POSITION in the secret code you are trying to guess.
Considering this information limits the possibilities with each turn. In Player v.s. Player mode, players start with a time limit and gain bonus seconds with each turn. Whoever manages to figure out the other players' secret code first - wins.
The secret code could not contain 0 (zero), so the 0 could be used as a "blank" character. There could also be no repeated digits (like 1337).
In the new "Get Rated" mode your goal is to try and break a random secret code as fast and with as few attempts as possible. The average scores of your last 10 games are your Fast Thinker (average time) and Deep Thinker (average attempts) ratings, which you could share and compare with your friends. The right column shows the number of possible combinations left, if you fully and correctly consider the feedback from all your attempts so far.
Please do NOT use the rating system to report any problems or to submit ideas and requests, since there is no way for me to contact you for any further information. Instead, please use the provided contact e-mail. Thanks!
This app is developed solely by me in my free time. I really like developing Android apps and I'm trying to make it a full time job. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also buy me a beer by using the in-app Donate option! Thanks!
Add me on Google+, I'll discuss ideas for future features there!
DISCLAIMER: The functions of call answering and call ending are not officially supported by the Android OS. Those functions can ONLY be achieved with root access and custom modifications of the OS. This app tries to utilize those functions without root access, but it MAY NOT WORK ON YOUR DEVICE! Please do not give low ratings if it this is the case! This is not a fault of the app and there is nothing I can do about it! Thank you for your understanding!
Make your smartphone a truly Smart Phone!
You don't need to touch the screen to manage your phone calls anymore:
✔ Answer calls just by putting the phone to your ear;
✔ Automatically answer a call if a headset is connected;
✔ Reject or end calls just by shaking the device;
✔ Automatically send an SMS when rejecting a call by shake;
✔ Automatically turn the speaker on or off based on whether the device is close to your ear or not (proximity sensor);
ATTENTION! Smart Phone works after it activates! It activates when:
1. There is an incoming call or a call is in progress;
2. The phone is kept steady for a moment;
You would see a message and a status bar notification when Smart Phone activates!
If the app works for you and you want to support its development - please give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also consider donating.
No personal information is collected and/or sent whatsoever!