Amis Hamro Krishi mobile application is initiation of PPCR/AMIS towards climate smart agriculture. The Agriculture Management Information System (AMIS) is a component grouped as component D of the BRCH project as mentioned above. It focuses on creation of AMIS portal with several supplementary products developed and introduced under this component.
We are focused on creating the AMIS portal, data digitization in a uniform format and obtaining other agricultural data for the portal, developing Agro-advisories, establishing two way communication to address farmers’ needs on agricultural issues with establishment of agro-call centers and digital display boards, timely delivery of agro climatic and weather information under early warning systems to farming communities in order to increase agricultural productivity and reduce losses from climatic hazards.
Farmers, farming communities and other stakeholders all over the country can equally obtain the relevant agro climatic and weather information disseminated through the ICT enabled AMIS web portal and linking AMIS portal into WAMIS-World Agro-Meteorological Information Servic
Objectives of AMIS
The prime objective of this component is to provide critical and timely agro-climate and weather information to farmers in order to increase productivity and reduce losses from meteorological and hydrological hazards. Other objectives are bulleted as below;
1) Provide a mechanism to deliver timely relevant agro climate and weather information under early warning system and deals as agriculture decision support tools to farmers, and other stakeholders,
2) Provide open data access for information and web portals
3) Build ICT assisted communication opportunities to strengthen the voice of the farmers on agricultural issues,
4) To diminish the impacts of extreme climate related events,
5) Protect lives & assets
6) Support agriculture livelihoods
Feature of this mobile app:
1. Freequently Asked question in different crops and fruits.
2. Live weather forecasting from DHM/MFD
3. Information and tips
4. Agro technology
5. Success Stories
6. Weekly AMIS bulletin on agriculture and weather
7. Send your queries