Perfect for motorhome, campervan, car & tent and backpacker travellers.
If your touring New Zealand - this app will find you places to stay, and activities to make your trip the best holiday ever! Designed for offline usage from the ground up. Wherever you are in New Zealand, your Offline Maps are detailed enough to find your next adventure!
Every full-service Holiday Park & Motor Camp in New Zealand, as well as all the basic and freedom locations offered by the Department of Conservation, and all local council approved sites.
Adventures & Activities
Packed full of adventures & activities to enjoy, including lots of 'off the beaten track' hidden gems.
Your devices GPS Integrates with the maps to display your current location. Never get lost again!
Photos & Reviews
Read reviews, and browse photos uploaded by fellow travellers. Share your own photos and reviews, and build up your personal contribution map - an easy way to log your trip and remember the good times! Synched with the motorcamps.com website, you'll also be able to access your memories online anytime too.
Plan Your Trip
Add any location to your itinerary, and plan your trip on your personal Itinerary Map.
When viewing any location's details, easily discover what other options are nearby, along with distance and direction.
-Free and Fully functional
-Full NZ DOC campsite listing, organized by region.
-No Internet connection required for looking up GPS coordinates (Great for locations with no mobile service)
-See approximate distances of each campsite from your current location
-Get Google Maps of Navigation directions to each campsite
-North and South Island locations included in a single application
-Super lightweight and fast
-No battery drain
-Simple and easy to use
Disclaimer: This application is not officially endorsed by the New Zealand Department of Conservation
WikiCamps is a dynamic user generated Camping App for New Zealand.
What does this mean? It means all the sites are added, edited and shared by users like yourself!
Wikicamps also works offline with the ability to download all site and user content, as well as a high quality offline map.
Making WikiCamps the biggest and fastest growing resource for locating Camp Sites, Caravan Parks, Backpacker Hostels, Dump Points, Information Centres, Day Stops and POIs. With over 2,000 sites already and growing every day.
And best of all, you will never have to pay for updates.
Each site has loads of information to help you plan your get away from camping prices, activities including swimming, fishing, 4x4ing, pet rules, Wi-Fi hotspots, pricing, toilets, showers, WWOOFing, and heaps more.
Add and view photos from other happy campers all around New Zealand. So you can see what the camp site is like before you go there.
Rate sites as you go and add them to your own personal favourites list.
With heaps of extra gadgets including at no extra cost:
* Camping Checklist
* Satellite dish pointer
* Chat Forum
* Home Clock
* High Quality Offline Map
Now supports topographic maps [Pro]
Prepare your next trip using a range of maps, detailed information for each site or photos others have taken in the area.
Need to change plans on the trip? Simply list all nearby sites or explore your area on the map.
Check the availability of bookable DOC huts & camp sites and go straight through to DOC's booking system.
• More than 1600 places to stay, including more than 1000 huts, 350 camp sites, 280 BBH hostels, 50 YHA hostels and all Forest and Bird lodges
• Tight DOC and YHA booking system integration: instantly check the availability for bookable sites, check the price or click through to book online
• Contains detailed information for most locations, including facilities, how to get there, pricing and more
• [Pro] Supports topographic maps for whole of NZ and the Chathams.
• Consistently designed for offline use: no internet connection required for detailed information for all sites, maps are cached for later offline use once displayed
• Location aware: find out where you are and all sites close to your current location or another point of interest
• Well integrated with other apps: use your device's navigation to get to hostels or visitor centres or explore sites in Google Earth.
• Free and regularly updated
The downloads below contain Open Street Map tile archives for the stated levels andarea and allow you to pre-download them onto your phone, saving you time and bandwidth. You can download as many as you like.
Save any of the files below to the Nest Finder folder (/mnt/sdcard/.nz.nestfinder/). If you have changed the folder in Nest Finder's preferences, please copy the archive into that folder.
* [Pro] features require the pro-version to be installed.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nestfindernz
Please email feedback and feature requests to email@example.com
Please, if you have issues, send uns an email or use the integrated feedback function before placing a bad review. Thanks.
COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
FINE (GPS) LOCATION
These are used to obtain your position on the map as well as the nearest facilities around you.
FULL INTERNET ACCESS
The app retrieves maps, photos and availability information for bookable facilities off the internet.
In case of the app crashing you are asked whether you want to send further information back to the developers.
VIEW NETWORK STATE
This is required to check whether the device is connected or not before any internet access.
Used to store map tiles for offline map usage
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Required for Pro-version license checks
New Zealand, Aotearoa, accomodation, finder, cheap, hut, lodge, camp, backpacker, hostel, travel, map, guide, visitor, information, centre, iSite, book, booking, ticket, DOC, Department of Conservation, BBH, online, offline, great walk, walk, milford, track, explore, i-SITE, YHA, youth hostels
With Park4night find and share the places you liked to relax, spend the night, have a picnic or clear your head.
Uncover the hidden places, close to nature that gave you a feeling of freedom. Forests, beautiful views, parks, creeks, beaches, ...
Inform the community of possible activities around (Windsurf / Kitesurf, Biking, Hiking) ...
If you have suggestions, ideas, please let us know:
- Post a comment.
- Contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ideas for future versions:
- All good ideas from users.
Hundreds of points of interest across New Zealand are shown on detailed offline maps of the country, showing you exactly where to go and what to do when you get there. Make the most of your holiday with the Hippie NZ Travel Guide.
Some of the Hippie NZ Travel Guide features include:
• High quality, locally-sourced audio and text travel information
• Using offline maps and your mobile device’s GPS location, you won’t miss a thing, even if you go off the beaten track
• Up-to-date contact information, opening hours and pricing details – all the info you need when travelling abroad
• A search bar and category filter let you choose the things you want to see and do
• Try out the “take me there” button and you’ll find the quickest route to your next adventure
• Social media sharing means you can keep your friends and family back home in the loop wherever you are
• The incremental download system lets you get content updates whenever you next go online – make sure you always have the most up-to-date travel guides on your mobile
The Hippie NZ Travel Guide is the perfect mobile travel guide to use when travelling to New Zealand. Whether it’s your first time here, or if you’re a Hippie campervan regular, the Hippie NZ Travel Guide has it all!
You won’t miss thing when you download the Cheapa Campa NZ Travel Guide to your mobile and explore New Zealand. Hundreds of points of interest are accurately displayed on detailed offline maps of the North and South Islands, showing you exactly what to see and do as you drive around.
The Cheapa Campa NZ Travel Guide includes the following features:
• Hundreds of detailed audio and text points of interest
• The app uses your mobile device’s GPS location to show you things to see and do nearby – you won’t miss a thing!
• Find out contact info, prices and opening times – all up-to-date!
• The app works completely offline once you’ve completed the initial setup
• The category and search functions make the app very easy to use
• Click on the “take me there” button to plot a route to your next point of interest
• Share your adventures with friends and family via social media, email and SMS
• An innovative incremental download system means you’ll receive content updates when you go online, completely free!
Cheapa Campas wants you to make the most of your time in New Zealand. Download the Cheapa Campa NZ Travel Guide app to your mobile device and explore the best that the country has to offer from the comfort of your campervan.
More from developer
No matter which region you're in, Marine Mate has local information such as speed limits, mooring zones, towing access lanes, boat ramp locations, local area notices and tides right at your finger tips.
Need to find a nearby boat ramp? See when the high tide is? By tapping on the 'My Location' button, the app shows nearby zones that as a responsible boatie, you should know of. The 'area notices' button brings in the very latest notices for the region, keeping you up to speed with what's happening in the region.
This app also allows you to report unsafe products using existing official methods.