Access up-to-date information about hundreds of selected travel experiences while you’re in New Zealand without the need for an internet connection.
Use our app to discover and save unique experiences before you leave, or for inspiration while you are in New Zealand. The Essential New Zealand travel guide gives you all the details at your fingertips to have the best trip possible.
Essential New Zealand features:
- Top 10 New Zealand experiences selected by Tourism New Zealand
- Must-do experiences for 26 regions and many popular locations
- Your Trip sync with newzealand.com. Import Your Trip collection and access a wider range of travel information via the app
- Photos, descriptions and pricing info for hundreds of activities and attractions
- Full contact details and detailed map locations for every activity and information centre
- Plan and save your favourite activities and experiences into Your Trip to access later
- Share your favourite activities with your travel mates or friends and family back home
- Free to download and access all features
- Offline access to travel information when you're in New Zealand and without an internet connection
- View your current location on the map
For Essential New Zealand Travel Guide Support, go to http://www.newzealand.com/int/utilities/mobile-app-support/
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX-Import / Export, KML-Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• and many more ...
LIMITATIONS OF THE FREE VERSION:
• Max. 3 Waypoints
• Max. 3 Tracks
• No Routes
• No import of waypoints and tracks
• No Bulkdownload
• No Local City DB (Offline Search)
Available map layers:
• Topomaps New Zealand (seamless coverage at scales 1:250.000 and 1:50.000)
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, skiing, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
Preload FREE map data for areas without cell service. (Pro version only)
The topographic maps were created by Land Information New Zealand (LINZ).
Topo50 is the official topographic map series used by New Zealand emergency services.
How topographic information is used
Defence planning: New Zealand's defence forces use topographic information for planning military exercises and swapping information with international partners.
Location and routing: Search and Rescue, defence, ambulance, fire service, police and civil defence agencies use topographic information in a wide range of planning and operational situations, from natural disasters to community policing. Usage may involve mobile/field and control room situations, and the combination of topographic information with other data.
Land management: Topographic information is used by local government for regional planning and operations, and by power, gas and telecommunications companies.
In addition, LINZ maps are used for a great variety of purposes by businesses and government departments such as the Department of Conservation, and by recreational users such as trampers and tourists.
All topographic maps have additional labels for better readability at higher zoom scales. Maps are rendered with Atlogis® hillshading to enhance topography.
Topo Map Coverage:
New Zealand and Islands (Antipodes, Auckland, Bounty, Campbell, Chatham, Kermadec, Raoul, Snares and Stewart Islands) at scale 1:50.000 and 1:250.000
Cook Islands (Aitutaki, Atiu, Mangaia, Manihiki, Mauke, Mitiaro, Palmerston, Penrhyn, Pukapuka, Rakahanga, Rarotonga, Suwarrow, Takute) at scale 1:25.000
Tokelau Islands (Atafu, Nukunonu, Fakaofo) at scale 1:25.000
Please send comments and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
No matter where you are in New Zealand, CamperMate shows you the nearest facilities such as rubbish bins, public toilets, dump stations, free and paid campsites, petrol stations, public showers, free wifi zones, police stations, hospitals, recycling stations, supermarkets, hostels, real-time road alerts and much more. In fact there are over 13,000 facility locations available on the system, submitted by government sources, local authorities and travellers, just like you!
Start exploring this great country today with CamperMate, your handy travel companion!
Feel free to send us feedback to email@example.com or if you just want to say ‘gidday’!
* Make sure your device is GPS enabled to find the nearest facilities
* Works in offline mode also
* May not work on some Android 2.1 devices
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ Phrasebooks include list of common words and phrases.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) expands articles with more information about attractions, history, geography and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Phrasebook | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Talk | Contact | Respect | Stay Healthy | Stay Safe | Driving in New Zealand
General: History | Geography | Culture | Politics | Demographics
Maps: New Zealand | Regions & Major Cities | North Island | South Island | Chatham Islands | Stewart Island | Great Walks | Volcanoes | Auckland Region | Auckland City | Christchurch | Queenstown | Wellington
Transport: Get In | Get Around | Renting a motorhome | Train travel
By Area: Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
Attractions: Top Attractions | Itineraries | Great Walks | Tramping Tracks | Camping | Skydiving
North Island: Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
Auckland: Districts | Get in | Get around | See | Do | Buy | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay safe | Contact | Get out
North Island Top Cities: Hamilton | Napier | Paihia | Rotorua | Taupo | Tauranga | Waitomo | Wellington
North Island Other Destinations: Bay of Islands | Coromandel Peninsula | Havelock North | Hokianga | Lake Taupo | Mount Ruapehu | Tongariro National Park
South Island: Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
South Island Top Cities: Blenheim | Christchurch | Dunedin | Invercargill | Kaikoura | Nelson | Picton | Queenstown | Wanaka
South Island Other Destinations: Franz Josef | Fox Glacier | Fiordland National Park | Milford Sound
Smaller Islands: Stewart Island | Chatham Islands | Sub-Antarctic Islands
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
The app has history, details, routes, photos and more for New Zealand's Great Walks:
* Abel Tasman Coast Track
* Heaphy Track
* Kepler Track
* Lake Waikaremoana
* Milford Track
* Rakiura Track
* Routeburn Track
* Tongariro Northern Circuit
* Whanganui Journey
We also include a guide to New Zealand birds including audio of their birdcalls.
More from developer
This FREE app will give you access to hundreds of deals, discounts and value adds around New Zealand. These are up the minute and are update each time you open the up. You will see the updating real time when you are connected to the network either over a phone network or wi-fi.
No registration is required, just download and start saving straight away. Use the information button if at any time you are not sure how to use. Just present the offer at the business and they will validate it on the spot! So easy.
- Searchable exclusive offers by location (city/region) or activity
- Location maps and full contact details for the featured offers make them easy to find or book no matter where you are
- A favourites folder for saving deals – so you can build your itinerary and save the best deals without having to cut out and save any coupons.
- FREE wi-fi finder – just find a Tomizone hotspot, jump on and you can update to the latest deals at no charge! Now there is no excuse to miss out on the Best New Zealand has on offer!
- Local and regional weather forecasts – so you can plan your next day out…. or day in
Simple and easy to use, STA Travel app is here to save your $ and allow you to do more!
Simply download this app, bookmark your chosen deals and present at time of purchase to receive your special offer.
You can view the offers by current location or select a region that you are going to visit.
Additional features of the app include:
· Full maps showing detailed location and contact information for the business
· A “latest deals section”
· A My deals section that allows you to bookmark deals for quick access.
· Free wi-fi finder for participating Tomizone outlets. There is no charge for using these wi-fi outlets to update and view your app
New Zealand on Offer can also be used on-going. We will keep you keep you up to date with the latest offers through the app via your choice of free updating while on wi-fi or when you have data roaming turned on.
The Travellers’ Coop app will help you to find the great activities and attractions on your trip to New Zealand and get the best deals.
This free app gives you instant access to hundreds of exclusive, up to the minute discounts and incentive offers from many of New Zealand’s leading attractions, activities, restaurants, bars, transport providers and retailers that could save you thousands of dollars on your holiday.
Easy to use and with no registration required the Travellers’ Co-op app will help guide you through our amazing country whilst saving you money and providing you with great ideas on what to do next. And with new seasonally specific offers being constantly added there’s always something exciting to check out, whether you are on holiday for a week or a year.
• Searchable exclusive offers by location (city / region) or activity
• Location maps and full contacts details for the featured offers make them easy to find or book no matter where you are
• A favourites folder for saving deals – so you can build your itinerary and save the best deals without having to cut out and save any coupons
• Free wi-fi finder – just find a Tomizone hotspot, jump on and you can update to the latest deals at no charge! Now there is no excuse to miss out on the Best New Zealand has to offer!
• Local and regional weather forecasts – so you can plan your next day out, ... or day in
Simple and easy to use, Travellers’ Coop is here to will help you make the most of your time in New Zealand