Explore our award-winning multimedia content with videos, podcasts and stunning picture galleries.
Join the conversation: view, recommend, share and submit comments.
Upgrade to the Premium Tier (69p a month) for access to Crosswords, an advert-free experience, and future exclusive features and content.
Full feature list:
- download your homepage and favourites for offline reading with the touch of a button, or schedule a daily download for a time that suits you
- take part with comments and debate
- subscribe to the premium tier for:
- the cryptic and quick crosswords delivered every day direct to your phone
- no adverts
- exclusive future features and content
- live football scores, results and tables for hundreds of English, Scottish, European and international games
- receive alerts for big news stories, exclusives, and goals from your favourite football teams
- navigate by section, topic or contributor and discover related stories in an article
- browse our award-winning audio and video content
- save contributors, topics and sections to your favourites
- add favourites to your homescreen with an expanded view or link
- live, updating coverage of news and sport events
- swipe through stunning full-screen picture galleries
- share articles and galleries using the Android share menu
Information about the permissions we request:
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at email@example.com
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
Tired of the large adverts and promotions in other apps?
Want a content rich application which allows you to navigate the entire Guardian newspaper?
Well, here it is. Our application includes all of the features in the official Guardian application and more!
* Sign in and comment on all articles
* Share articles to all social media websites including Facebook
* Save articles for offline reading
* Now enabled for full-screen reading!
* Save images and videos to your mobile device
It puts all the news from the most popular environmental web sites and blogs with a spotlight on the Guardian’s Environment section into one beautiful little app. Find a news article, a photo or a stream you like? Share it with friends via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, email or save it for later using Instapaper and Read it Later.
If you'd like to get in touch or need help, we are just a ping away at: @TaptuGreen or firstname.lastname@example.org
== Features ==
= Getting Streams =
* Finding Streams to Personalize the Taptu Guardian Environment: Plunge into our Environment News and you'll discover streams of your favorite blogs and news sources around the environment
= Environment DJ =
* Curate Your Own Mixed Streams: You can edit or DJ your own mixed streams for environmental news. Think of it as creating a playlist for your favorite content. You can build a stream from scratch, select and merge your favorite feeds from the list of available streams. You can even share your streams with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or email.
* Search in Streams: Have you added the Food stream and you want to find "vegetarian”? You can now search in any stream. What’s more you can save your search as a new Search Stream allowing you to follow all the things for “vegetarian” as they comes out.
= Viewing and Interacting with Streams =
* Two Ways to View - Quick View and Full Story View: Grab a quick summary of the news article or tap to read the full story.
* Share with Friends: Discover a story you're into? Share it with your friends by posting it on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin or by sending them an email. You can even save it for later using Instapaper or Read it Later.
* All types of Widgets: Lists, Cards and Stack widgets, even scrollable on Ice Cream Sandwich and Honeycomb. Customize the size, the color, the frequency they update.
== Feedback ==
Thanks for all of your feedback! If you'd like to get in touch or need help contact us on: @TaptuGreen or email@example.com
For all the latest news & exciting updates follow us on:
Full feature list:
- Browse open assignments
- View other people's contributions to see what everyone's saying and find inspiration
- Sign-in to submit video, photos, or text to assignments
- Access exclusive GuardianWitness competitions and assignments
- Send us ideas for stories and features
- Sign-in with Facebook, Twitter, or your existing Guardian ID
- View your list of contributions and their statuses
GuardianWitness is supported by EE, the first providers of 4G in Britain, who are transforming the way people share news, information and entertainment. 4G works up to five times faster than 3G so you can upload and download photos, videos and stories much more quickly than on traditional mobile networks.
To contribute, you need to login
To ensure that GuardianWitness is a safe place for everyone, every submission will be checked by our editorial team before it is made public. We reserve the right to reject any submission.
No more scouring the web to find your favorite news sites. World Daily News includes:
The Telegraph(UK) ABC (US) BBC (UK) AlJazeera (Qatar) CNN (US) Fox News (US) Time (US) CBS (US) and
The Guardian (UK). World Daily News also contains an Aggregate RSS Feed which incorporates other world news sites into one World Daily News feed!
Share news stories through Email, MMS and all social media.
*World Daily News is not affiliated with any of the fllowing:
The Telegraph(UK) ABC (US) BBC (UK) AlJazeera (Qatar) CNN (US) Fox News (US) Time (US) CBS (US) or
The Guardian (UK).
** MORE THAN 560 NEWSPAPERS **
** If newspaper scrolling is not smooth then try to disable hardware acceleration in settings **
Left and right sliding menus in the browser for easy and fast access to the newspaper list.
Switch easily between mobile and desktop version of the newspaper site (where available).
Automatic syncing of newspapers will keep newspapers updated and new papers can be added quickly.
This is the free version of the app! There is also an AD-FREE version named UK Newspapers PRO.
* List of UK newspapers
* Automatic syncing of newspapers
* Swiping between favorite and newspaper lists
* Add newspapers
* Drag and drop sorting of favorites
* Automatic cache delete
* Change textsize
* Show newspaper in fullscreen
* Share functionality
* Option to open newspaper in standard browser
* Option to enable zoom controls
* Choose to have keep screen on while reading
* Show/Hide bottom menu bar
* Move app to sd
Example of Newspapers included:
Accrington Observer, BBC UK, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Burnham and Highbridge, Bury Times, Business Insider, Chorley Guardian, Coventry Telegraph, Craven Herald, Daily Echo, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Post, Daily Record, Daily Star, Derby Telegraph, Digital Spy, East Anglian Daily Times, Eastern Daily Press, Edinburgh Evening News, Evening Chronicle, Evening Gazette, Evening Star, Evening Times, Express & Star, Financial Times, Google News, Herald Scotland, Hereford Times, Huddersfield Daily Examiner, IGN UK, Imedia Connection, InTheNews, Isle of Wight County Press, Kidderminster Shuttle, Lancashire Telegraph, Lincolnshire Echo, Liverpool Echo, London Evening Standard, London Free Press, Manchester Evening, Metro, Middleton Guardian, Milton Keynes Citizen, Mirror, Moneyweek, New Scientist, Newcastle Journal, News Of The World, NewsNow, NorthEast Manchester, Norwich Evening News, Ok Magazine, Oldham Advertiser, Oxford Mail, Prestwich Advertiser, Reuters UK, Rochdale Observer, Rossendale Freepress, Salford Advertiser, Scotsman, Shropshire Star, Sky News, Sky Sport, South Manchester Reporter, South Wales Argus, Stockport Express, Sunday Mail, Sunderland Echo, Surrey Advertiser, Tameside Advertiser, The Bolton News, The Courier, The Daily Telegraph, The Economist, The Falkirk Herald, The Guardian, The Huffington Post UK, The Independent, The Inquirer, The Journal, The Keighley News, The Leicester Mercury, The Northern Echo, The Register, The Sun, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph, The Times, Wales Online, Warrington Guardian, Watford Observer, Weston Mercury, Whats on TV, Wilmslow Express, Worcester News, Yorkshire Post and more.
“By far the most innovative magazine app in the market.” The Guardian
ANDY RUBIN - TECHNOLOGY GAMECHANGER
WILLY MOON – ONE TO WATCH
STATE OF THE ART - THE PROJECT GALLERY
BUSS-TOPS OLYMPIAD - DIGITAL ART
PROJECT magazine is packed with interactive features, videos, music and all the international culture, business and design you can handle. ??Download the reader app for free, before tapping the BUY tab to download Issue 12 (or save some money and subscribe). Then feast your happy eyes on:??
Ones to watch in 2012 - Birth is famously difficult and painful. In the case of Project, it’s not that the process was without its problems, but it’s surprising how quickly the magazine sprung to life fully formed. The teething problems of infancy aside, we’re sure you’ll agree that within no time at all Project has been internationally noted as one of the most successful iPad magazines, the only one of its kind to bring the innovation to editorial that truly combines the opportunities of the technology with engaging content.
So, at that time of the year that traditionally involves reflecting on the year past and the future that lies ahead, Project has decided to do exactly that. This issue combines some of the many highlights from our first year with meaty new content facing the future. In the case of the former, it’s a great opportunity to rediscover some of our best content from 2011 or to consolidate it in a useful form, for example, a bumper compilation of our top interactive travel guides. And in the case of the latter, there’s more fresh content than ever focusing on the year ahead for music, travel, art and life. It’s also an opportunity to get a sneak preview of how we will be bringing more of our most popular editorial topics to the title in the future; the Go section covering travel, the Sounds section focusing on music, for example.
...and much, much more – all in our most exciting issue yet. PROJECT features videos, galleries, music and particle accelerators.
- Fast & Clear
- All mobile newspapers
- Also PRO version available = no ads
With papers like: BBC News, CNN, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Telegraph, Financial Times, Google News, Independent, ITN, NewsNow, Reuters, Sky News, The Guardian, The Sun, Norwich Evening News, Heraldscotland, Conventry Telegraph, Eastern Daily Express 24, Manchester Evening News, Daily Post, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Metro, Mirror, The Times, London Evening Standard, Bristol Evening Post, Shropsire Star, Newcastle Eve. Chronicle, Express and Star, Evening Times, Daily Record, STV, Wales Online, Western Telegraph and South Wales Argus.
Enjoy! ***** Please rate 5 if you like! ;-)
Features included in the App:
• Adjust text font size.
• Read articles Offline.
• Save your favorite articles.
• Share content with Android's built in sharing menu.
• Bandwidth friendly refresh button per section.
• Image caching saves bandwidth.
Free to download but you'll need to purchase a subscription in app.
- Background Sync
- Offline Reading
- Disable notifications in Settings
- Change sync frequency in Settings
Disclaimer: This app uses publicly available RSS feeds to format and display the latest news. No official affiliation to The Guardian.
We have collected the widely read newspapers in one app. The aim of this app is to enable you to read the UK newspapers on your smartphones. You can add your favorite newspapers into the list by touching on the add icon. If you don't want to read some of the newspapers in the list, you can delete them. The list includes the most popular newspapers like The Sun, Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Guardian, The Independent and more.
There is a star icon at the top, touch it to mark your favorite newspapers. Personalize the order of the newspapers by dragging and dropping. Then, update the list with the refreshing icon. Keep in mind that you need internet connectivity to update the list.
- The collection including the popular UK newspapers
- Star icon to mark the newspapers as favorite
- Refreshing icon to update the list online.
- Add icon to add newspapers you want to include into the collection from android market
- Free newspapers
More from developer
Happy Feet is currently making his way home to Antarctica after recovering at Wellington Zoo, New Zealand. The penguin is wearing a Sirtrack satellite tracking tag.
Provides widget and notifications of new position updates.
- One tap arrivals - opens at the arrival board for your nearest favourite stop
- Locates nearby stops and shows stops and routes near any selected stop
- Locate nearby routes with nearest stop serving that route highlighted
- Notifications for travel alerts effecting your favourite stops
- Search by 5 digit stop identifier or name