Alerts and notifications coming soon in next version.
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Wondering where that latest earthquake was centered? Check it out in the quake view - zoom right in to see the epicenter, anywhere in NZ.
Overseas and want to know when a quake hits back home? Use the included notification service to alert you when any earthquake over a given magnitude hits.
- Notifications/alerts for new quakes
- Map overview of quakes around the country
- List of all the latest earthquakes
- Detailed view of a specific quake
- No ads!
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
- earthquake, latest Quakes, magnitude,Epicentml distance, seismic, USGS, EMSC, CEIC, FGZ, JMA, CWB, INGV
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email email@example.com
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
★ Earthquake magnitude, depth and age
★ Tectonic plates
★ Earthquake ticker showing strongest earthquakes
★ Tap quake label for more info and sharing
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom. Tap a label to see depth and time in ticker.
View earthquakes from last hour, day, 7 days or 30 days.
Data is from USGS.
NOTE: If the "time ago" is wrong for you - then check your phone time AND timezone in your phone settings.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
With a Holo interface you can have the latest earthquakes, have notifications when they happen based on the time frequency you chose.
- Track latest earthquakes from around the world
- Notification Alerts
You will receive a notification when a earthquake happens, based on the frequency and magnitude you chose
- Select the minimum magnitude
- Three Holo themes to chose from
- No ads
gempa (Global Earthquake Monitoring Processing Analysis) GmbH, Potsdam, Germany, a spin-off of GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences, presents the Android App EQInfo giving information about the latest earthquake detections.
EQInfo supports the following features:
1. List of latest earthquakes showing magnitude, region, time ago, direction/distance to the earthquake epicenter and detecting agency
2. Earthquake details including overview map. New: Page through solutions of different agencies
3. Map of latest earthquakes
4. Options to filter the earthquake information by magnitude, depth, time and region
5. Configuration of data sources, update intervals, geolocation and unit of measurement
6. Background updates and notifications
7. Sharing of event information
EQInfo retrieves earthquake information from the following agencies:
- GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), http://www.emsc-csem.org
- United States Geological Survey (USGS), http://www.usgs.gov
- Indonesian Agency for Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics (BMKG), http://inatews.bmkg.go.id
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca
- Spanisch National Geographic Institute (IGN), http://www.ign.es
- National Observatory of Athens (NOA, Greece), http://www.noa.gr
- Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KOERI, Turkey), http://www.koeri.boun.edu.tr
- GNS Science New Zealand, http://www.gns.cri.nz
The user has total control in defining which agencies would have a higher or lower preference. After setting this EQInfo will take care of aggregating the solutions for you, considering your preferences settings.
EQInfo tries to minimize both the data volume and update time. If supported, your filter criteria is summited to the agency for server-side filtering. Also the most compact data format is selected for transmission. Using this approach the amount of data transfered is 5-10 times smaller than fetching an RSS feed. Often the earthquake list of one agency is transfered in not more than 2KB.
- Custom notifications system.
- Real time notifications (suggested filter on Magnitude: 4.5+).
- Custom filters by magnitude, distance and time.
- Data loaded from earthquake-report.com.
- View earthquakes on map.
- Magnitude, depth, distance, location and UTC time for each earthquake.
- Link to in-depth page on earthquake-report.com for more information.
- View earthquakes from last 24 hrs., 48hrs. or 7 days.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest Greece Earthquake information. Real Time Notification for earthquakes bigger than 4M. Watch the location of earthquakes on a map. Data are provided from the three differnt places
1. Department of Geophysics-Geothermics, University of Athens.
2. U.S. Geological Survey
3. Euro-Med Seismological Centre
This is a lightweight application. Choose whether or not and how often to run the earthquake notifier, and whether or not to use your location.
This application is based on MULTIPLE SEISMIC DATA SOURCES, selectable by the user.
A NEAR ME button is available in order to quickly filter out the earthquakes near to your current location with the main info (magnitude, location, distance, datetime)
A MAP button is available in order to see the earthquakes on a map with colored markers and info baloons (ML, datetime).
A SEARCH function is available in order to quickly filter out the earthquakes on a specific location.
A click on the earthquake row shows the corresponding INFO and MAPS.
A long click on the earthquake row for more options.
With this app you can also place a WIDGET on your home page that will show all the info about the last earthquake from your favorite seismic service.
In settings page you can also customize the displayed event date: Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) or USER's Local Time (LT)
>>Main seismic data sources:
- USGS (U.S.Geological Survey)
- EMSC (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre)
- INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia - Italia)
- GEONET (New Zealand GNS Science - GeoNet)
- latest earthquakes around the World
- Near Me filter
- Search filter
- View quakes and info on Google Map
- View details and maps on source site
- Share source site internet link
- automatic magnitude colors (white, green, yellow, red)
- automatic distance colors (white, yellow, red)
- seismic data sources (USGS, EMSC, INGV, GEONET ...)
- seismic data zones (EU, NA, SA, FE, ...)
- minimum magnitude to display (richter)
- live stream rupdate rate
- near me filter
- datetime zone (UTC or USER's LT)
- distance unit (km/miles)
* Best selling Earthquake app on the iPhone/iPad.
* Live USGS data
* International data
* Sort list by Magnitude, Location, or Time
* Detailed maps
* Integration to USGS website
* Email detailed screenshots of maps & vital details anytime to anyone
- Receive a real time alert when a quake is detected and set a sound alarm.
- Report an earthquake that you felt and see the real time map with the reports of the other users and their messages related to the quake. Use the chat to share information about the quakes.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
- Receive real time E-MAIL notifications of the quakes reported within a radius from your position.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks. View the earthquakes on map with information on magnitude, depth, intensity and time.
USGS (U.S. Geological Survey): world
EMCS (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre): world
CSN (Centro Sismologico Nacional): Chile
INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia): Italy
IGN (Instituto Geográfico Nacional): Spain
CSI (China Seismic Information): China
JMA (Japanese Meteorological Agency): Japan
Ineter (Instituto Nicaragüense de Estudios Territoriales): Nicaragua
SSN (Servicio Sismológico Nacional): Mexico
SGC (Servicio Geológico Colombiano): Colombia
RSN (Red Sismológica Nacional): Costa Rica
- View the global tectonic plates.
- View the hazard of strong quakes globally.
- Check if the quake generated a tsunami in the ocean.
- View the population living in 3 different radius from the epicenter of each quake.
- Show high resolution maps of volcanoes (in beta version).
- Report the weather at your location and watch the weather reports of the other users.
Q: What is Earthquake Network?
A: Earthquake Network is the first Android application for detecting earthquakes through a global network of smartphones and pads. Moreover, it provides information on the earthquakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
Q: How does it work?
A: When the device detects the waves of a quake, the event is notified to a server along with your geographic position.
Q: What happens if I move my device?
A: Since the single device is not reliable, a quake is actually detected when many devices in the same area detect the quake at the same time.
Q: How do I use the app?
A: Start the application and use your device as always. The application works as a seismometer only when the device is placed over an horizontal surface, is charging and the screen is off.
Q: Does the app drain my battery?
A: No. The app is only running when the device is on charge.
Q: Does the app collect personal informations?
A: No. Only the geographic position is anonymously collected and it is deleted from the server after 10 minutes if no earthquakes are detected.
Q: Why should I keep Earthquake Network on my device?
A: Because the app can be useful to detect earthquakes only if it is installed on a large number of devices and it is free. Thanks for your cooperation!