Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Protocols Package v1.0
* Over 70 most common protocols and buffer recipes used in the Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Cell Biology labs.
* NEW: The protocols can be edited in Word and saved.
* The program can be copied to SD card.
* No internet connection is required to use the program (100% offline).
* The package will continue to grow and regular updates will be provided for free.
* If you would like to add any protocol to this package, please email your suggestion/protocol to email@example.com
* Note: The package can be uninstalled and refunded within the first 15 minutes of purchase (Android Market rules).
Table of Contents for v1.0 (Jan 2012 release):
DNA World: Agarose gel electrophoresis and PCR Check Colony PCR from yeast colonies (application: Y2H screens) Touch-down PCR protocol 10 Rules of Primer Design Restriction Digestion Setup Qiagen’s PCR purification column Ligation Reaction Setup T-vector for cloning PCR products Phenol-Chloroform DNA isolation Yeast Transformation CIP-treatment Plasmid Prep (classical protocol) Miniprep (Qiagen kit) Silver Staining of DNA Gels LB-Ampicillin Plates Chemically Competent E. coli Preparation Transformation of the Chemically Competent E. coli Cells Transformation - 5min Shortcut for Ampicillin Resistant Plasmids Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP) Protocol
RNA World: siRNA resuspension RNA isolation from cultured cells by using RNeasy kit (Qiagen) RT-PCR with oligo(dT) primers
Protein World: General IP protocol Protein expression in E. coli. Purification of His-tagged proteins from E. coli SDS-PAGE Coomassie Brilliant Blue Staining of Protein Gels Silver Staining of Protein Gels Western Blotting Western Blot Stripping Preparation of Enhanced ChemiLuminescence (ECL) Substrate Buffers IP-kinase protocol for P81 paper assay IP-kinase protocol for autoradiography Preparation of SILAC media Sample Preparation for phospho-SILAC (global phosphoproteomic analysis) Phospho-SILAC Analysis using MAXQUANT
Cell World: Freezing cells Hoechst staining Immunofluorescence Propidium Iodide Staining of Cells for Cell Cycle Analysis by FACS Transfection of cells using PEI
C. elegans World: Egg prep protocol Myosin purification from C. Elegans
Buffer and Solution Recipes: PBS TBS TBST 5X SDS-PAGE Sample Buffer 6X Agarose Loading Buffer 40% acryl stock (29:1) (for DNA gels) 20% paraformaldehyde stock 0.5M ATP stock 1M DTT 0.5M EDTA 50X TAE 10X TBE TE 20X SSC LB medium SOC medium M9 Buffer Lysis / IP Buffer