The United States Department of Defense (DOD) is the federal department charged with coordination and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the military. The DOD is headquartered at the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia.
The Military Departments at the Pentagon publishes some of the very best manuals, handbooks and guidebooks on a wide range of topics; teaching skills, tactics and techniques.
The content of these manuals are unmatched in depth, consider that some this knowledge is drawn from hundreds of years, thousands of man hours, and first hand operational experience. Also material in most of these manuals has been shared with other Military Branches providing even greater depth of subject matter.
Military Manuals from the Department of Defense are unedited by outside individuals and or companies, this ensures the information is complete, current, and accurate as the military intended.
Listed below you will see some of the major departments or components of the Department of Defense. Here you will find just a few book titles of the many sponsored works from each department.
Department of the Air Force: U.S. Air Force Aircrew Survival; Air Force Handbook; USAF Military Working Dog Program; USAF Weapons Handling Manual; Airport Signs and Markings; Unexploded Ordnance Booby-traps UXO Recognition and Reporting Chart.
Department of the Army: US Army Survival Manual FM 21-76; Survival Skills U.S. Army / Special Operations, Tactics, Techniques, and Skills Guide; Ranger Handbook; Special Forces Medical Handbook; Military Mountaineering; Boobytraps Army Instruction Manual; Explosives and Demolitions; Guerrilla Warfare; Army Hand to Hand Combat; U.S. Army Special Forces Handbook; Survival Evasion and Recovery; Military First Aid.
Department of the Navy: Seabee Combat Handbook; Manual of Naval Preventive Medicine; USN Diving Manual; U.S. Navy Seal Patrol Leaders Handbook; Performance Maintenance During Continuous Flight Operations.
United States Marine Corps: USMC 5.56MM, M16A2 Technical Manual; U.S. Marine Corp M40A1 Sniper Rifle 7.62MM; U.S. Marine Guidebook; Close Combat Hand to Hand Fighting Marine Corps; Booby Traps Close Combat Urban; Counterinsurgency; USMC Land Navigation; Scouting and Patrolling; Combat Water Survival; Map Reading; Sniper Counter Sniper.
* No Ads. This app has never incorporated ads nor will it as far as I can control
* Reminder notifications
* Realign schedule to bring unread days forward
* Backup to and restore from sdcard
* Share reading plan via email, Evernote, Google Drive, etc. as a method for keeping multiple devices synchronized
* Create a new reading plan starting on any day of the year
* Quickly and painlessly mark or clear all passages to any given day
* Track your reading either to the classic schedule created by M'Cheyne or D.A. Carson's variation.
* Navigate to earliest unread passage, the current date, or any past or future date in the reading plan.
* Tapping a verse's text will automatically launch the verse in the Olive Tree's Bible Study app (if installed), in Bible Gateway through a web browser, or will pop up the ESV.
* Handles leap years. :-)
Please note that this app is in no way affiliated with Olive Tree or Bible Gateway. Olive Tree's and Bible Gateway's trade marks and copyrights are their own.
* Internet permission required for ESV pop-up.
* Read from and write to external storage required for backup and restore.
* Retrieve running apps to determine if Bible app is actively running or not.
* Receive boot completed used to restart reminder service.
* Wake lock used to keep device awake while updating status bar reminder; then released.