Bluefire Reader is designed with you, the reader, in mind—and now it’s better than ever! With just a tap you can highlight, bookmark, annotate, look up a definition, and share excerpts. We've also improved the presentation of our Search results, making it easier to review words and phrases in context.
Popular bookstores and leading publishers around the world use the Bluefire white-label platform to power their branded apps. Try Bluefire Reader today and see why!
Minimal offline PDF to ePUB converter for Android - ©2011 Ezio Querini
ePUBator extract text from a PDF file and put it in a well formed (epubcheck compliant) ePUB file.
PDF extraction based on iText library <http://itextpdf.com/> released under the AGPL license.
- ePUBator IS MADE FOR BOOKS, NOT FOR EVERY TYPE OF PDF (DON'T ASK IT TOO MUCH).
- ePUBator doesn't need internet connection (doesn't send your docs somewhere on the net, doesn't have ads).
- ePUBator extract text (no text from pictures or from raster PDF).
- ePUBator try to extract images (only png, jpg and gif) but puts them at the page's end.
- ePUBator try to extract the table of contents if present (or creates a dummy TOC).
- ePUBator doesn't extract the font size and style.
- ePUBator save the ePUB file in the same folder of PDF file (it uses the PDF filename to generate ePUB filename and the title in the frontpage, so rename the PDF before conversion).
- ePUBator works fine only with single column PDF (worse with multi column or tables).
- ePUBator can fail extraction (5 of 358 books with v0.8.1 on my Atrix).
In the event of crash, unexpected stoppages or insufficient memory try setting Page per file to 1 and/or disable the extraction of images and try again (sometimes helps).
I converted a lot of books (italians and some english) with ePUBator, but with someone the conversion can fail (raster PDF, columns, out of order chars).
I never try with arabic or asian characters, right to left or vertical writing and I don't know if (and how) the iText library can manage those pdf. I'm sorry.
On some books we can find wrong chars (e.g. Øø instead of éù), it seems a iText's problem (another PDF library extract the same text correctly). I'm looking for a better one, free and Android compatible.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE for save the ePUB file
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
For comment / feedback / bug / suggestion / localization write to: iiizio AT users.sf.net
For sources / all apk files / donations go to sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/p/epubator/home/Home/
Con un unico login (il tuo account IBS), potrai accedere al tuo spazio personale (Cloud), gestire facilmente tutti i tuoi ebook e scaricare in qualsiasi momento i tuoi libri.
Potrai trasferire nell’applicazione anche ebook non acquistati su IBS e i tuoi documenti personali tramite l’apposita funzione o utilizzando il collegamento da PC/Mac all'applicazione e viceversa.
Potrai controllare quali e quanti dispositivi hai già autorizzato con il tuo account (massimo 5 dispositivi) e rimuovere facilmente i dispositivi che non utilizzi più per autorizzarne di nuovi.
Potrai inserire segnalibri, note ed evidenziazioni e sincronizzarle su tutti i dispositivi.
Potrai inoltre effettuare ricerche nel testo, bloccare la rotazione, scegliere dimensione e font dei caratteri, la luminosità, la modalità di lettura notturna, i colori degli sfondi e diversi effetti di cambio pagina.
Consente anche la lettura di ebook protetti da Adobe DRM acquistati presso rivenditori diversi da IBS.
L’applicazione ti offre anche un collegamento diretto al negozio ebook.
Con SalTo hai il Salone a portata di touch, tutti gli espositori e gli eventi, le news e le novità in una sola app che ti guiderà nella visita del Salone.
SalTo si può usare sia online, sia offline ed è disponibile in Inglese e in Italiano.
SalTo ti offre un set di strumenti personalizzati a seconda del momento della tua visita:
- Una "borsa" virtuale con tutto il materiale necessario per informarti e organizzare la tua visita, che ti accompagnerà prima, durante e dopo il Salone.
- Uno strumento per visualizzare tutti gli eventi che sono in corso al Salone in un determinato momento ("Ora",) e uno per scoprire tutti gli eventi "Sala per Sala".
- "Di' la tua", un modo per far sentire la tua voce agli organizzatori, disponibile dal giorno di apertura della manifestazione.
- Un "album dei ricordi" con le foto ufficiali, disponibile dopo la fine dell'evento.
Nella tua borsa virtuale avrai sempre a portata di mano:
- Il Biglietto. Con le informazioni necessarie per acquistare il tuo biglietto di ingresso al Salone.
- La Mappa. Per orientarti negli spazi della manifestazione.
- Il Programma. La lista completa degli eventi (con navigazione per categorie e ricerca testuale).
- Le Biografie. La lista delle biografie degli ospiti.
- La Lista degli espositori: tutti gli stand da visitare con navigazione per categorie e ricerca testuale.
- La ricerca per tag. Un modo per scoprire quali eventi ed espositori offre il Salone sui temi che ti interessano.
- Il tuo Biglietto da visita. Da scambiare con gli espositori del Salone.
- MySalone. La tua agenda interattiva dell'evento, in cui tenere le cose che vuoi vedere, i tuoi appunti personali, i biglietti da visita che raccogli.
- Salone Off. Il programma degli eventi del Salone Off organizzati in città, visualizzabili anche sulla mappa.
*** Avviso per gli utenti Lollipop ***
Alcuni utenti hanno riscontrato difficoltà nell'aggiornamento (errore 505). Questo è diffuso sui dispositivi con versione di Android Lollipop, non dipende dall'app, ma dalla nuova versione di sistema.
Consigliamo di disinstallare l'app (Impostazioni -> Applicazioni -> Scaricate -> SalTo -> Disinstalla per tutti gli utenti) e scaricarla nuovamente.
Ci spiace per il disagio.
LITE Version limits: you can insert only 20 books and some functions are disabled
This application will build a personal archive of books, with a rapid search system and an easy way to catalogue, so you can always have the index of your library with you. Bibliophilia is also the place to create easily and intuitively your own ideal library, with all the books you feel like reading and recommend to your friends.
You can easily add a book manually or simply by scanning the barcode on the book cover. You can also look up the title or the author directly from the Google Books database. There's also a function to search the titles of your favorite authors.
You can add notes and descriptions as well as many fields available to catalogue the book. Finally Bibliophilia provides a Readlist from which you can quickly see all the books you've decided to buy or you planned to read.
The main functions of Bibliophilia.
Easy insertion of new books
- by manual entry;
- by entry via barcode or QR code scan (requires a device with autofocus camera and the Barcode Scanner application);
- by entry via Google Books search.
Functions of research and consultation
- quick search in the archive of books;
- different sorting options;
- details view of the author: biography, notes and books;
- system to search books starting from the author;
- 5 customizable fields;
- customizable search fields;
- cataloguing system by categories;
- adding unlimited categories, with customizable descriptions;
- managing multiple categories (unlimited sub categories can be associated to the same book);
- easy way to associate books to category;
- rating system for both author and title;
- exporting database and covers;
- exporting database for Backup / Restore via email;
- exporting database in CSV format via email;
- restore data system from backup file;
- import system of individual books from the backup file;
- importing books from .csv file (according to the format exported by Bibliophilia). You can import your .csv files editing only their first line/header;
- Dropbox synch: possibility to backup and restore from Dropbox;
- Readlist for quick access to the books marked as unread or to be purchased;
- quick insertion or removal in the Readlist;
- fields to remind books on loan.
Personalization and sharing
- customization of default values;
- search in local languages;
- sending one or more titles by email with covers;
- sharing of the book by mail with a link to the direct addition of the book within the application (clicking the link in the email, it's possible to directly add the book inside of Bibliophilia);
- export in PDF format;
PDF Biggest allows you read file that have big size, customize the way you read on a per book basis: each document's layout can be tailored to give you the best reading experience and all settings will be remembered the next time you will open it.
- Bookshelf view
- Recent Books
- Book search results
- File Browser,File navigation
- Search text in book
- Night Mode
- Auto fit your page view
- Links History, back to page
- Search all books (NVA) on device
- Scroll pages by finger tap on screen
- Full screen mode
- Light theme and black theme
- Set screen orientation: Portrait, Landscape, Automatic
- Bookmarks on page
- Cut white document borders
- Fixate pages by width, page will not move from right to left
- Book and Page Thumbnails
- Configurable search directories
- Text search
- Single and facing pages views
- Audio & Video Support
- interactive content (media Books)
LATEO is a project in the publishing sector which respects the Book Supply Chain and has the aim of improving the production and distribution process of publishing content in any of it's supports. It is inspired by the collaboration and competition strategy of japanese companies in the 80s and 90s.
Install Skoobe on your Android-Smartphone, -Tablet or eReader and pick from more than 120,000 books from over 1,600 publishers. Register in the app or become a member at www.skoobe.de right away.
How does Skoobe work?
• Unlimited reading: Starting from just 9.99€ a month you get unlimited access to a huge digital library.
• Always on: All our books available at any time. There is no waiting list or late-fees.
• Carefree discovery: Discover new authors and publishers. If you don’t like a book, simply return it and borrow another one.
• Always new: We add around 300 books by renowned publishers every week.
• No risk: You can cancel your membership at any time
eReading Plus: Skoobe offers all the known perks of digital reading and combines them with a subscription service.
• The best reading experience: Use different font sizes and reading options in every book.
• Easy synchronization: Read your books on multiple devices. The Skoobe-App syncs your progress for you.
• Read anywhere: The app is also available for the iPhone, the iPad, Kindle Fire Tabletsand open Android eReaders, like the Icarus Illumina.
• Read offline: Use the offline mode to read the eBooks without an internet connection
Invite your friends to try Skoobe and read up to 30 days for free.
Do you have any questions or are in need of assistance?
Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to help you!
Books can be added in 3 ways:
1. Files added to Download folder
2. From other public domain sites
3. From KaiReader depository (Free books)
✔ Dropbox synchronisation and sharing
✔ PDF Reader with Reflow mode
✔ Supported format: EPUB and PDF
✔ Ability to download EPUB and PDF files from public E-Book sites
✔ Post messages to Facebook to inform others what book you're currently reading
✔ Customisable fonts, text sizes, colours including night mode
✔ Searching and bookmarking functions
✔ Support Table of Contents which allows users to quickly navigate to sections of the book
✔ Remembers where you last left off the book
✔ History of books read
✔ Filters/search books by title, author or subject
✔ Sort books by title, author or entry order
✔ Easy import of EPUB and PDF files by automatically scanning for .epub and .pdf files
✔ Organise books into groups for easier retrieval
Currently, there are more than 250,000 international titles and 12,000 titles in Portuguese, 200 of which, completely free. All titles are available at Saraiva's website, where you can download free samples before purchasing. Download the app for free, and enjoy the best experience reading your favorite ebooks, with all the comfort and wherever you are.
- Bookmarks, notes and text highlighting.
- Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
- Search inside the book to easily find your favorite sections.
- Tap on either side of the screen to turn pages. You also have the option to scroll both horizontally and vertically.
Speed Reader app now features a RSVP reading mode It allows you to read books super fast at speeds up to 1250 wpm and complete big chunks of reading material in no time.
Now you can also read text from other apps in RSVP for free. Just tap the 'Share' button on your favorite reader and select 'Speed Read' to start reading your text immediately. This works in almost all reader apps including:
* Google Keep
and many others!
The app also features many speed reading drills that improve your scroll reading speed, reading focus and overall comprehension.
* Read content from other apps in RSVP mode, up to 750 wpm
* Read free passages within the app in both modes, up to 750 wpm plus bookmarks
* 4 speed reading practice games
* Multiple themes in RSVP mode
* Text navigation bars
* Read up to 1250 wpm in RSVP mode
* Upload your own txt or epub (non-drm protected) files and read in both RSVP and scroll modes
* 5 extra speed reading practice games
Use this app to develop your speed reading technique through scroll reading and a number of highly effective game-like drills. The scroll reader has several built-in passages for your reading pleasure and supports different font settings plus the ability to load your own text file (premium). In the Practice section, the app will walk you through several exercises (including the popular Schulte Table) providing tips & tricks and allowing you to evaluate your performance at each stage.
Speed Reader has a clean UI and has been designed from the grounds up to make your speed reading practice an absolute entertainment. More drills and reading material will be added in newer versions of the app.
We would love to hear your thoughts on Speed Reader and implement any suggestions that can improve your training and speed reading experience.
Forget carrying your bulky books!
This app cannot be launched on its own. Please install Chess Book Study
1. This is based on the open source EBookDroid app
2. The original EBookDroid app is here
This freeware makes your Android phone become an ePub reader. It manages the .epub files you imported from SD card or downloaded from web sites, and let you read them by flipping as books, or by browsing as web pages. This software is not bound to any book store or online library. In addition, it provides you some web-site links to download DRM-free ePub files. This software performs a rapid, low power-consumption method to format a chapters into book pages. If you are familiar with web browsing, the software reserves the function that lets you read the chapters as raw web pages.
The software is a lite reader for ePub format, with lower power and memory consumption, and can run smoothly on low-end Android phones.
- It's also a downloader: The software is not bound to any book store or online library. It has a built-in web browser. You can visit any web site with this browser by entering a url. When you click a hyper link to an .epub file, the software downloads and imports this .epub file for your convenience. If you don't know where to download ePub books, the software provides you a list of web sites.
- Various operation modes: You can choose to read ePub files as web pages or as books. If you choose to read ePub books by page flipping, you can further choose to flip the pages by tapping or sweeping.
- Remembering the last reading position and bookmarks: The software automatically remembers the last reading position and used text size of each book for you. In addition, you can also remember the current reading position by adding a bookmark.
- Rapid running and low power consumption: This software does not kill your battery.