If you or a loved one ever walk through a dark alley, travel abroad or just need to alert someone of your whereabouts - this button will simplify explaining exactly where you are. Help can come faster and within GPS accuracy.
Emergency Button will only work if you're in a place with reception to at least send the SMS text message or email.
The widget can be added to your homescreen by home->menu button->add->Widgets->Emergency. The widget has 2 buttons and you have to press both within 5 seconds to make the app fire the distress signal. The double button is designed to minimize false positives.
None of your information is stored or saved by Andluck. This project is open source (BSD) and hosted on google code: http://code.google.com/p/emergencybutton/ so you can see exactly what's inside if you wish.
Disclaimer: this app is presented as is with no guarantee whatsoever. It won't work without reception or connectivity. You must make alternative communications arrangements to ensure that you can make emergency calls if needed. Please remember that Emergency Button by itself doesn't do emergency calls to any type of hospitals, law enforcement agencies, medical care unit or any type of emergency services.
Please feel free to email your thoughts, problems, ideas, etc to firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia. The app uses a mobile phone's GPS functionality so callers can provide emergency call-takers with their location information as determined by their smart phone. ‘Emergency+’ also includes SES and Police Assistance Line numbers as options, so non-emergency calls are made to the most appropriate number.
When calling Triple Zero (000), remember to stay focused, stay relevant, and stay on the line. Before you call, ask yourself:
* Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
* Is your life or property being threatened?
* Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
If you answered 'Yes' to any of these questions, call Triple Zero (000). Triple Zero calls are free.
A useful application for the following scenarios:
- Business continuity
- Urgent notifications from friends or family
- Disaster notifications - Earthquakes, flood alerts and security threats
The application listens out to specially formatted SMS messages - when triggered, the app can alert you one of three ways:
Green Alert - This alert simply displays a popup message from the sender.
Yellow Alert - This alert will vibrate until dismissed, allowing you to be quietly notified of an urgent matter.
Red Alert - This alert will alert you with a loud alarm and vibration until dismissed, even if the device is on silent with media volume turned down.
To trigger the rules, the sender or automated alert system needs to be aware of the text to add at the beginning of the SMS message:
**redalert**, **yellowalert**, or **greenalert**. Any text sent after the alert status will be displayed in the popup on the screen. See the screenshots for example.
The app is also intelligent - if you have a headset plugged in, it will use the current volume so you aren't deafened! Without headphones, the alert will play at full volume through the speaker, ensuring you won't miss an alert.
Please Note: Other apps that intercept SMS messages may affect the alert - please test on your device after installation to ensure it is working with your set up.
Disaster Check In, Inc. is a company specializing in disaster preparedness and communications. The use of this app may help prevent telephone system overloads, and may still be used when the power goes out, or phone lines are jammed.
Once a check-in has been submitted, an automatic alert will go out to all of your app contacts by push notifications (in app alert messages), SMS text messages, and emails. Check-in features include your status, optional text, accurate GPS, and the ability to check in your contacts. The user may also send messages to individuals or groups all at once.
The Disaster Check In app is available on Apple, Android, and the Internet. This app may also be used independently from a smart phone, by logging at www.disastercheckin.com. The app is now available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Hindi, with additional languages coming soon.
The Disaster Check In App is already being used world wide. It’s a great resource for any family, whether you have loved ones nearby or in another country. Staying in contact in the most critical times has never been easier, and it's available free!
Emergencies are not a matter of “If”, but “When”. Prepare now, and have peace of mind for when disaster strikes. Disaster Check In provides you with the most simplistic, effective, and reliable app specifically designed for its purpose. For suggestions and/or inquires regarding the app or its functions, please email email@example.com.
*The use of this app is not intended to replace 911 or other emergency response systems, and its capabilities are restricted to the limitations of your device. Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.
*Disaster Check In, Inc., is not responsible for content posted by individual users.
*Disaster Check In, Inc., will not disclose your information to third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
The EDIS client developed by RSOE works closely with the online EDIS website. From now on, new events appear not only on the EDIS website but also in the RSOE EDIS Notifier smartphone application. Using PUSH technology, the application gives you real time information about the events of the world. All you need is an Android phone and an active internet connection. There are five notification levels (5 – emergency, 4 – alert, 3 – warning, 2 – notification, 1 – information), each of which you can assign a different notification sound for. You can also set the so called quiet hours during which you only receive level 5 messages. If you prefer not to have any notification sounds, you can turn on LED blinking or vibrate mode in the settings menu.
This is the first RSOE EDIS Android application. This is a Lite version, currently a work in progress. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Please follow me on our Facebook pages: https://www.facebook.com/RsoeEdisNotifier
**** BEST WOMEN SAFETY APP ******
**** WORKS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ****
**** FREE App - NO ads ****
**** Trigger alert using Android Wear ****
**** SahAya is linked to POLICE DEPARTMENT IN BANGALORE, INDIA - IF YOU ARE IN BANGALORE, INDIA DOWNLOAD BCP SahAya - http://goo.gl/t4FNMg ****
** No internet (mobile data) required.
** Trigger help by pressing Power Button or through Android Wear Watch
** Works on any android mobile device
** Can continuously send alerts to your contacts for a given time
** Password protected contacts
** Weekly reminder
** Add ten phone numbers of your family/relatives/friends
** Add ten email address of your family/relatives/friends
** Post alerts on Facebook wall.
When there's an emergency situation that poses an immediate risk to health, life, property or environment, do you think you have time to search for contacts and try to call them? In case that person is not available, do you look for another contact person and reach out for them? Have you ever thought calling people for help would be as easy as just a click of a button?
Here's an app which can alert multiple people about your whereabouts with just a click of a button! Here's how it can be done.
1. Press the phone power button more than 5 times to request help.
1. Click on the HELP button
2. Zoom!!! Your help is already on its way!!!
App sends out an alert message (through text messaging, email and posts status alert on Facebook) that you need help, sends your location information, IMEI number of your phone, SIM number and also sends a link of google maps showing them the route to reach you.
Are you now wondering whom it may send the information to? Yes, there's a provision in this app to store 10 contacts of your near and dear ones that you would want to inform about your emergency situation.
Other important features:
1. SahAya can also send 'I'm Safe now' message to your contacts.
2. SahAya has an option change the number of times the power button has to be pressed
Don’t forget to add SahAya widget for quick access.
1. SahAya works with network reception (for sms) and internet connectivity (for email and Facebook).
2. SahAya works well on a single SIM card phone or Dual SIM card phone with primary SIM Card slot active.
3. Please note SahAya can only send text message (SMS) of your whereabouts and doesn't make any emergency calls.
4. SahAya works well when Location Services is ON always!
Suggestions / comments accepted @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Truedialer gives you instant access to relevant information about people you are about to call, and lets you save the information quickly into your phonebook for later use. And the best part? It’s completely FREE!
• Fast, accurate, and easy to use
• Quick dial for calling favorite contacts
• Access over 1.6 billion Contacts through our unique Truecaller search integration.
• No more unknown call records in your call log, we fill in the missing information for you (if available)
• T9 search (supports predictive text)
• Support for over 500 Dual SIM devices
• Search quickly
• Edit phone contacts for managing phonebook
Truedialer is brought to you by the Truecaller Team! More than 100M people around the world use Truecaller to help manage their contacts and calls, with millions more joining each month.
Please note: WiFi or data connection needed to lookup contacts outside your phonebook
We do not recommend uninstalling/disabling the stock contacts app, which is required to make emergency calls (911, 112, 999, 1XX etc)!
To make the best user experience for our users we need the following permissions; location (to filter out irrelevant search results depending on country location), contacts (the ability for users to manage their contacts within the app), and phone (to be able to directly call a phone number)
To learn more about why we require certain permissions please visit: http://www.truecaller.com/support#/Truedialer/a9
Free HD Voice & Video Calls between Android and all other platforms.
Enjoy your Own New phone number for Free Calling and Messaging!
Turn your Android Tablet into a Phone!
NEW! Unlock UNLIMITED Calls and Texts to the US & Canada for ONLY $2.99 per month!
TextMe is a cross-platform messaging application that allows you to send unlimited texts (SMS) messages and pictures to any phone number in United States, Canada, Mexico and 40 countries in the World for FREE.
Join your friends on TextMe and enjoy free Calls, free Video Calling and Group Chatting across Android and all other platforms. Sign up today and share TextMe with your friends to start a call or a video chat for free. Of course, you can always text them for free!
WITH TEXTME YOU CAN:
- Send Texts (real SMS messages) to any number in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and 40 other countries worldwide FOR FREE from your Android Phone or Android Tablet
- Call ANY number in the US, Canada, the UK, and 200 other countries in the world
- Send SMS text messages, too, to all the 200 countries using your credits
- Enjoy Free HD Voice and Video Calling to other TextMe users
- Get your own free TextMe phone number, receive and send free texts from your new number, place and receive calls from your dedicated phone number
- Easily find your Facebook friends on TextMe and Chat, Call and Video Chat with them for free
- Send and Receive large pictures, videos and voice messages from your Android to any device
- Share your Dropbox photos and videos via text (SMS) directly from TextMe
- Enjoy group texting features with free texting, photo and video sharing
- Login with Google+ & Enjoy seamless sync with Google Glass and Pebble watch
- Watch videos to earn free calling minutes to any phone number in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Denmark, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, India, Italy, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, the U.K. among many others
Other goodies that come with TextMe:
- Enhanced speed and performance for Android
- Super simple sign up
- Tons of free Stickers and Emojis to choose from for texting
- Push Notifications for new messages: never miss an important text!
- Get notified when your message is delivered and read by your friend
- Free Voice messaging & texting
- Full Android Wear support, get your messages & reply to them directly from your wrist
- Control your calls & see your balance on your Android Wear device.
In-App Subscription Details:
- Monthly subscription for unlimited calling and texting (SMS) to US & Canada phone numbers for $2.99
- Payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and cancel by visiting "Subscriptions" page on Google Wallet
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
Please give us your feedback on the app! Thanks for using TextMe!
The TextMe Team
* Limitations apply:
- Free SMS offer limited to US and Canada based users
- Calls to some carriers or some territories within the 200 countries may not be included in this offer
- We do not Support 911
- Subject to TextMe's Terms and Conditions
Help us improve TextMe and get support: http://textme.zendesk.com
What if you need medical assistance, had an accident or have been kidnapped and for some reason you cannot talk?
ELT can help you by sending email alerts showing your location to people you know.
Full version (1.99€) has sms alerts, widget & remote triggering via SMS.
Many times in panic situations (accidents, fire, etc.) you forget even the simplest numbers.
* Do not use unnecessary emergency phones unless there is a real need
* Unnecessary calls can cause system overload, endangering the lives of those who really need immediate help.
* Phone pranks can also hinder direct dealing with actual emergencies.
* Do not hang up if you dialed 112 by mistake! Tell the operator that there is no problem, otherwise you will have to send emergency assistance to confirm.
The list of phones:
European Emergency Number (112)
Immediate Intervention Coast
Fire Department Forestry
Public electricity company
Water Supply and Sewerage
The smile of a child
Children villages S.O.S
Life Line S.O.S
Doctors of the World
Doctors without borders
General Secretariat for Consumers
Ever missed an important call because your phone had no signal and you never noticed?
No Signal Alert detects when your phone is in a "dead zone" or with no reception and sends a customized notification of your choice (sound, vibrate, led color indicator, etc). No Signal Alert can keeps track of every time you loose and recover your phone signal, providing users with useful statistics such as time, location and address when signal was lost.
★ Customize your alerts completely (sound, vibrate, led,etc.)
★ Record and maintain logs of your phone signal events
★ Supports GSM/CDMA
★ Signal meter gauge
★ View map of your known dead-zones
★ View signal statistics for your carrier
★ 1x1 Home-screen monitoring widget
★ Export logs to an Excel-supported CSV files
★ Backup and Restore your logs to your SD card
Note: Please make sure to read the "Helpful tips" when you first install the application.
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to help us improve our products. Visit our website http://www.smartandroidapps.com and don't forget to check out our other apps in the market.
Smart Android Apps, LLC
C Spire Emergency Alerts allows C Spire customers who do not have WEA compatible smartphones to receive WEA text notifications in the event local or national emergencies such as tsunamis, earthquakes, severe weather and Amber Alerts. If you’re located in an affected area or travel into one while the WEA alert is active, you’ll receive free notification messages tailored for your local area. The WEA system is local to the county level, so you won’t receive messages that don’t apply to you.
C Spire Emergency Alerts requires a non-WEA compatible smartphone running Android 2.1 or higher. If your phone is WEA compatible, you don’t need to install this app.
See a list of WEA compatible phones and find out more about WEA at http://cspire.com/cmas
The 2nd WDMC 2014 will address numerous interconnected, complex and emerging risks which are faced globally by different societies. Environmental, technical, social and economic issues are often closely linked and when at risk can result in manifold impact. For example the 2011 earthquake in Japan, resulted in a disastrous tsunami, creating nuclear meltdown at its key facilities.
Understanding the importance of disaster management for sustainable development, Disaster Management, Infrastructure and Control Society (DMICS) along with Exhibitions India Group is focusing to lay a foundation for an intellectual forum with national and international resources, and expertise for effective and efficient disaster management.
The 2nd World Disaster Management Congress 2014 (2nd WDMC 2014) will be held at HITEX, Hyderabad from 12-15 November, 2014.
This platform has been created to identify, understand, find solutions and create awareness about the potential risk and various manmade and natural disasters that can impact us adversely and lead to multiple repercussions.
Failures of critical infrastructure and services, pandemics, acts of terrorism and financial crisis all such tragedies can severely impact and influence human beings and collective societies.
Exhibition will provide an opportunity to exhibitors and sponsors to showcase latest technologies in the field of Fire Safety, Medical safety, IT Disaster Management, Rescue Devices, Security Solutions, Air Safety equipment etc.
2nd WDMC 2014 endeavors to reach out to over 1000 participants globally including risk management experts, Practitioners, Scientists, key players from Civil Society, Government and Non-Governmental Organizations and the Private sector and bring them all together at a single forum to address all these issues which require our immediate concern and attention.
The diversity of participants enables a strategic as well as an operational level of discussion to ensure that concrete solutions are worked out with the support of pertinent people from line ministries to disaster and risk management authorities.
2nd WDMC 2014 will provide a unique venue for Disaster Management professionals from around the world to showcase products/solutions, present, network and learn.
Identify Potential Risk and Adverse Situations
Discuss, Debate and Find concrete Solution
Exchange Information and Ideas with colleagues and industry professionals
Create awareness and share information with the world
Network and Build Synergies with like-minded individuals and organizations
Discover new solutions by networking
Participate in knowledge exchange
Its aim is to report information on site to your head-quarter, keeping a high resilience when no connection is available. The application contains following tools for reporting:
- Location tracking and tracing.
- Localized pictures and videos.
- Map assessment via POI libraries (Ocha, emergency.lu).
- Localized messages.
- Localized alert in case of emergency or entrance in an unsafe zone.
This application is especially designed to work even with poor or no connection in remote non connected areas or after a disaster when the communication infrastructure are destroyed. All data are recorded in case the device is off-line and sent automatically when returning on-line.
The Vector Control Program’s “Fight the Bite” app makes it easy to anonymously report neglected swimming pools, backyard pools and dead birds to the County for treatment or testing. Neglected pools can be breeding grounds for mosquitoes that transmit WNV, while dead birds can be tested for the virus.
Using the app is simple!
1. After reading the brief instructions, press "Continue" to load the camera.
2. Take a photo of the neglected pool or bird
3. Enter the address and any additional notes.
4. Press "Done" to send your report to the County. The app has a counter so you can track the number of reports you submit.
That’s it! Vector Control will pick up viable birds for testing or contact the homeowner and treat the pool at no charge.
There are also links on the Thank You page that allow you to: Create a new report, call the County, "like/follow" the County's social media sites used to communicate community health alerts.