Designed for musicians, Speedshifter Lite is a demo of Speedshifter, a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
This free lite version has all the functions of Speedshifter, but playback stops and must be restarted after 60 seconds. It is useful for working on short passages of music, or to evaluate how Speedshifter performs on your own device before upgrading to the full version. *Please note* that making an in-app upgrade to the full version does not change the name of the app on your device. The app will still be named Speedshifter Lite, but the one minute playback restriction will have been removed, giving full functionality.
Speedshifter Lite can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (http://www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
* Important info
- Speedshifter Lite Android currently supports playback of MP3, OGG, FLAC and WAV files stored on your device. It cannot access files stored online in cloud accounts.
- Speedshifter Lite allows repeated playback of any track from any starting point for up to 60 seconds. It is a free demo version of Speedshifter. The full version of Speedshifter does not feature this restriction on playback time.
- Please note that making an in-app upgrade to the full version does not change the name of the app on your device. The app will still be named Speedshifter Lite, but the one minute playback restriction will have been removed.