The OFFICIAL ABRSM Violin Practice Partner is a simple way to make practising pieces for your exams more musical, enjoyable and fun. It is useful for anyone learning or teaching pieces from the ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016–2019.
Use Violin Practice Partner to practise with the piano accompaniment, the violin part in isolation, or the duo ensemble recording. The app will help you to:
• Become familiar with the accompaniment and understand how the solo line fits with the piano part for more secure performances.
• Make practice more musical and enjoyable by having a virtual violin partner to play along with.
• Slow down or speed up the music to a tempo that suits you, for slow careful practice.
• Listen closely to the violin in isolation to hear every detail of the expert performance.
• Repeat tricky passages by setting loops around them.
You can also:
• Personalise the app – choose from nine different virtual partners to practise with!
Violin Practice Partner comes with one example piece from Grade 1 of the NEW ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016–2019. In app you can purchase:
• Any piece* from the ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016–2019 for Grades 1–7
• All nine pieces from the ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces selection syllabus for Grades 1-7*
*Note: ‘Pig Ankle Rag’ – Grade 3, C1 – is for solo violin so is not featured in Violin Practice Partner. (The Grade 3 selection therefore contains eight pieces).