Could be better. The latest improvements have helped a lot but the page framing makes it basically unusable. When reading an article the header and footer areas appear when you touch the screen to scroll. Unfortunately the page jumps around after they disappear and you lose your spot on the page.
Crashes just after hitting enter. Unusable.
Crashes after password entry
Convenient access to ACM publications But opening screen after login (Latest) just loops for a long time. When it finally does display the list of articles, the resulting screen indicates the article is unavailable. But accessing the articles via Archives works fine. UsingSays TF201 running Android 4.1.1
Functional, barely The app works and shows current articles but is pretty sad. The articles list isn't sorted in any obvious order (their website is much better), and the stupid bar at the top disappears 5 seconds after scrolling, causing the screen to jump while reading. Worse, someone seems to think having figured appear in pop-outs instead of being formatted inline like the rest of the world is good. And the pop-outs usually come up blank.
ACM should be ashamed As if 25 seconds of load time on startup weren't bad enough, the articles are unreadable because the text keeps jumping around.
Version 1.2 :
• Article Figures and Tables open in a pop-up window within an article.
• Bug fixes.
Version 1.1 :
• Offline reading mode
• “Latest” and “Saved” articles available in offline reading mode
• Username and Password are saved
• Session remains open until you’ve signed out
• Logout option
• Text resizing
• Content is organized by magazine and website sections
• User Comments are published on article pages
• Latest CACM cover is the backdrop of sign-in page