MEDICAL CARE FOR YOUR CHILD AT HOME OR ON THE GO.
Quick Care Online connects patients with a board-certified pediatrician, adult physician or advanced practice provider for minor medical conditions through video on a compatible mobile phone, tablet or computer.
Quick Care Online is currently available to:
• Akron Children’s Hospital employees and their dependents that are insured through
one of Akron Children’s Medical Mutual of Ohio health plans
• Children and adults in the state of Ohio with common minor complaints
Those under age 18 will be seen by Akron Children’s Hospital pediatric physicians and advanced practice providers from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST) 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Those who are age 18 and older will be seen by Teladoc physicians 24/7/365.
Through Quick Care Online, our health care providers can diagnose, recommend treatment and prescribe medication online, if medically necessary, for many minor health issues, including:
• Burns (minor/sunburn)
• Cough, cold, congestion, and flu symptoms (mild)
• Cuts (minor)
• Sore throat
• Skin rashes or infection
• Eye redness, itching, or drainage
• Insect bites/stings
• Vomiting (mild)
• Diarrhea (mild)
• Sinus problems
• Fever (mild and patient must be > 3 months of age)
o If during your visit the medical provider determines an in-person exam or higher
level of care is needed, you will be referred for additional testing and/or treatment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Request a consult: Download and open the Akron Children’s Quick Care Online app. Create your account, provide a brief medical history, request a virtual consult, and submit payment information for the online health consult.
Talk to a provider: Within minutes, a board-certified health care provider will review your medical history and connect with you on your mobile phone, mobile device or compatible computer. Teladoc consults have no time limit; you can speak to the provider for as long as you’d like.
Pick up a prescription: The provider will discuss the medical issue with you, answer your questions and recommend next steps. If medically necessary, a prescription can be submitted to a local pharmacy of your choice.
The Quick Care Online app allows subscribers to:
• Authenticate your Akron Children’s Quick Care Online account.
• Talk to a board-certified health care provider from anywhere.
• Create and update your medical history.
• Update your personal, contact, login and billing information.
For more information, visit www.akronchildrens.org/quickcareonline.