Whether you want to play classic Infocom adventures or the Inform-based works of modern IF authors, it's your choice !
Download publicly available Interactive Fiction from the Interactive Fiction Archive with the built-in search tool or transfer them from your computer to your device's SD card. ZMPP can automatically recognize a large number of popular classic and modern works of Interactive Fiction.
This is the official Android version of the "Z-Machine Preservation Project" (ZMPP), based on the Open Source project at http://github.com/weiju/zmpp2
Issues can be reported under:
- All Z-story versions except 6
- save games in Quetzal format (are stored on the SD card)
- search and download stories from the Interactive Fiction Archive
- reads plain Z-Machine format or Blorb
- colors, styles, character graphics font
- unicode support
Currently not supported:
JFrotz can be used to play Z-Machine compatible interactive fiction games, e.g., the stories created by Infocom (Zork, Enchanter, etc.) and modern stories created by the Inform compiler.
*** You will need a Story File to use JFrotz ****
A search for interactive fiction will result in a huge list. Many story files can be found on the Interactive Fiction Archive - http://www.ifarchive.org/
JFrotz supports Z-Machine compatible story files.
Story files must be saved to the device's file system, e.g., the sdcard, to be used. JFrotz does not (yet) come with any installed story files.
*** This is an initial version of the software ***
Version 0.2.4 is an initial version of the software. It has some known issues and an unpolished user interface.
JFrotz should support most of what the unix/linux version of frotz supports, e.g.:
* 1.0 Z-machine standard compliant, with the exception of scripting.
* Save/Restore in standard Quetzal Format. This allows games to be saved on your device and restored on a different computer, which works nicely with Dropbox.
* Settable rows for backscroll.
* Improved soft keyboard support, including autocomplete
* font support for accented characters
* Note: The "Fit Height" mode for the number of rows is optimized for use with either a hardware keyboard or the built-in ZBoard. It does not play well with the soft keyboard, which constantly changes the height available to JFrotz. For soft keyboard use, please choose a fixed number of rows, which will provide a backscroll.
What is currently being worked on (Expect updates at a high rate):
* Support for copy text
* Editable Command history
* Macro capability
* Story Library (in addition to basic file access)
* File playback
* Frotz hotkey functionality
JFrotz is currently available for both Android and J2ME devices.
JFrotz is completely free and open source (GPL v3) - http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfrotz - I am very open to suggestions and offers of help (email@example.com).
Frotz Inform Interactive Fiction Zork Infocom Z-Machine
This game harks back to the original text adventures of the authors youth - Colossal Cave, Sphinx Adventure, Zork. Experience a tiny subset of the majesty of this genre without the painful need to actually type text on a mobile device.
The INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE permissions are required to allow game play analytics to be gathered. This information is minimal and includes things like how many times you\'ve completed the game, how long it took and how long the game takes to load. All of this data is anonymous and averaged out by the Google Analytics servers. There is no personal data included in this information. This data will be used to understand what features of the game are used most and where improvements can be made, for instance to speed up load times if there is seen to be an issue on certain devices.
Play puzzle games with cool images of racing cars and muscle cars; you will find new cars and classic cars in this puzzle game for Android. Some people like German cars or Italian cars, others only like American cars, in this Android car app you will find free puzzle games with car pictures for all kind of motorsport fans that have the need for speed and love revving car sounds.
These are free car games for boys where you can choose different size of puzzle pieces to play with; smaller size will result in more pieces and mobile games with high difficulty levels. Play car puzzles with large number of puzzle pieces if you want to challenge your brain!
If you like to solve logic puzzles and love fast cars, this is the right car game for you! Play puzzle games for kids and adults; solve logical thinking puzzles, look at top sports cars or just enjoy entertaining games. These are Android games for boys; but all car lovers will have fun playing the best car games online!
The slide puzzle game can demands some logical thinking; but these free games can both be enjoyed as brain games and pastime games!
Download Car Puzzle Games for Boys Android app; play cool car games for Android and get some brain training with this supercar app!
You are the leader of the Dakota - the last remaining tribe in the Sol System. After decades of fighting, the other tribes have all left the Earth, one by one, to seek out new riches among the stars. It now falls to you, as the new leader of the Dakota, to lead your tribe's fleet of nomadic space platforms out into the galaxy to achieve greatness!
The Tribe Wars are over. Welcome to the Ion Age!
Play Ionage and:
• Explore the galaxy at the helm of your fleet of gun-bristling space platforms
• Discover upgrades to customise your weapons
• Recruit specialists for your team and use them to give you the edge in battle
• Synergise your equipment and team to create unbeatable combinations
• Strategise against ingenious AI which will adapt to your every move
"Strategy games will always be one of our favorite genres, in particular thanks to games like Ionage" - AppsZoom
"It comes off as a duel between two cumbersome space stations, locked in an arms race. There’s nothing else quite like it." - GameWoof
Ionage blends together elements of traditional RTS games, tower defence and even chess to create a fast-paced game of tactics and skill that you’ll find difficult to put down. Beautiful on tablets but resourcefully optimised for smaller screens; Ionage is the perfect companion for your Android device.
Play now for free!
NB Ionage is supported by In-App-Purchases (IAP) but everything can be accessed without paying. The IAPs allow the player to avoid waiting for upgrades to recharge.
Praise for The Room:
• Eurogamer “...resist hurrying and savour every sliding panel and twist of a dial. The Room is the cave of mysteries from everyone's childhood; a perfect encapsulation of the fear and pleasure of discovery."
• Gametrailers “The touchscreen controls really shine. A must play” Penny Arcade “This isn’t a title that is hindered by touch controls as much as its set free by them"
• Arcade Sushi "I couldn’t stop playing this fascinating brain teaser...beautifully crafted"
• Indie Game Magazine "Fireproof Games has hit a home run"
• Pocket Gamer “More suspense than a thousand bullet-riddled shooters"
• Game Informer “Excellently produced, clever puzzles and spine-tingling music"
• Jaysisgames "The immersion overrides any sense of your surroundings beyond the box" "The Room is eye candy for the mind."
• IGN “The most realistically rendered objects in a mobile title to date.”
How are you, old friend? If you’re reading this, then it worked. I only hope you can still forgive me.
We’ve never seen eye to eye on my research, but you must put such things behind you. You are the only one to whom I can turn. You must come at once, for we are all in great peril. I trust you remember the house? My study is the highest room.
Press forward with heart. There is no way back now.
Fireproof Games are very proud to bring you our greatest creation, a mind-bending journey filled with beauty, peril and mystery in equal measure. Be transported into a unique space that blends spellbinding visuals with intriguing problems to solve.
• Unsettlingly realistic graphics: The most natural looking visuals ever seen on a mobile device.
• Spine-tingling single finger controls: touch controls so natural you can play with one digit, to fully navigate this mysteriously beautiful 3D world.
• Fantastical pick-up-and-play design: Easy to start, hard to put down, the secrets of The Room will immerse you before you even know you're playing.
• Compelling layers of mystery: think you know what you're looking at? Think again.
A free version is available here : http://goo.gl/wynXit
- A database of 20,000 Pro games
- More than 500 Tsumego problems with answers as well as bad variations
- Play and observe games online on IGS
- Import your own tsumego problems
- Import your own game database
- SGF Editor to review and edit games
- Play against a bot (GnuGo 3.8)
- Loads Kogo's Joseki Dictionary
- A challenge mode where you have to solve a set of problems in a limited time
- Pattern search
- 3 visual board themes
- 3 different ways to play stones on the board
- Automatically loads .sgf files opened from another apps (like a web browser)
- Prevent device standby while playing or observing games (can be disabled)
- Automatically zoom and rotate problems to use the maximum space on the screen (customizable)
- Review your own game collection (like commented pro games) very easily
- Choose your color in problems (black, white, or random) and change several other settings (almost anything is configurable)
Features to come soon :
- More pro games