Pilot Weather (US)
- Weather.com App
- FAA NOTAM and TAF Searches
- Flight Planning Apps
- Supplies from Gliem, Sporty's and King Schools
- Information on Rating Requirements
- Log Book Apps
Resources for Buying a Plane
- NTSB Damage History Search
- FAA Registry Search
- Find a Plane on
And much, much more...
Keywords: aviation, pilot, flight, airplane, weather
Help us make this App a great pilot and aviation tool by sending us your suggestions too.
The New! DTC DUAT for Android App allows pilots quick and easy access to the DUAT system to file flight plans, get a weather briefing, check weather graphics and much, much more!
► Review recent requests you've made to the DUAT system
► Use your Pilot and Aircraft Profiles from the DUAT system
► My DUAT Stored Requests for quick briefings
● Standard, Abbreviated or Outlook Briefings
● Route Briefings
● Area (Local) Briefings
● State (Regional) Briefings
● Specific Locations Briefings
● File Domestic
● File ICAO
● Close VFR Flight Plan
● Flight Plan Status
● Full DTC Flight Planner
● Simplified Flight Log
● Special Use Airspace checker
● ATC Advisories
● Airport Info with Flight Procedures, Airport Diagrams and more!
● Encode/Decode FAA Abbreviations and Location Identifiers
● Saved PDF Files to take IAP's with you
● Stored Requests
● Stored Routes
● Pilot Profiles
● Aircraft Profiles
Google map of Airport with FAA traffic overlay. Need wifi for weather info.
Do you want to impress your friends? Do you want to know where this 9 o'clock flight you see every day is flying to? Are you an aviation enthusiast or a plane spotter who wants to see what flight will arrive next at the local airport? Then this tool is the right choice for you. It is useful for anyone who wants aircraft information instantly and it is surely a nice gag too.
What makes us different?
There are various sites at the internet providing you with online radar views and radar apps. So why choose this one?
We are the fastest, because we restrict to targets you can really spot at your location. As we do not deliver a huge amount of unnecessary data, we are also the leanest when it comes to bandwith consumption. We are focussed on usability, not on eye-candy-round-edged-boxes-with-colored-gradients. No unnecessary clicks with our unique concept. We are the quickest when the question comes to find the target. What could be easier than pointing to the aircraft you want details for? Last but not least augmented reality is a crucial part of the usability concept even available in the base version, not just another nice feature, like in flightradar24 or planefinder.
Need help? Visit our website www.radarworkx.com or watch live traffic at radarbox24.com
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
This is a 30 day FREE TRIAL of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
• Moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil and SkyGuardTWX
• Track-up map display
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global high-detail VFR base map
• World-wide airports/facilities database containing over 53,000 airports and navaids (updated on a 56 day cycle)
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for traffic display
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Lockheed Martin AFSS Integration - File flight plans directly with Lockheed Martin
• DUATS integration - get a briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Weather information (METAR/TAF/NEXRAD/SIGMET/AIRMET)
• Victor Airways and Jet Routes
• FAA VFR sectional charts
• FAA VFR terminal area charts
• FAA IFR enroute charts
• FAA approach plates and airport diagrams (optionally geo-referenced)
• User defined waypoints
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• TFR areas are displayed on the map. Tap within a TFR area to see affected altitudes and other details
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• GPS track recording - export to GPX file format
• View your recorded flights in 3D with Google Earth
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all software updates, FAA Sectional charts, FAA Terminal Area charts, FAA IFR Enroute charts, FAA approach plates, weather updates, TFR updates, and the Naviator world-wide airports and facilities database.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables the download and use of geo-referenced charts for 30 days.
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
*** 30% OFF SALE - REG. PRICE $49.99 ***
Enables the download and use of geo-referenced charts for one year.
*The purchase of a one year subscription includes item (c) in the purchase price.
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
This one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map
Items (a) and (b) include VFR sectional charts, terminal area charts, IFR enroute HI/LO charts, approach plates, database updates, weather updates, TFR updates, and the high-detail VFR base map.
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B
US AIRPORTS ONLY.
Please leave your ratings and comments to show your support and appreciation. Thank you.
* Detailed info on 5,500+ US public use airports
* Favorite airports/Wx
* Nearby airports/Wx/FSS
* Nearby navaids from an airport
* Detailed ILS info
* Weather radar images
* Prognosis images
* Winds aloft images
* Pressure altitude/density altitude
* Sunrise/sunset in local and UTC time
* Instrument procedures a.k.a. Approach plates (PDF)
* A/FD pages (PDF)
* ATC frequencies
* ATC phone numbers
* FSS frequencies
* Scratch pad to note down ATC and Wx
* UTC Clock, stopwatch and countdown timer
* US AIRPORTS ONLY
* NO BANNER ADS! AT ALL! EVER!
* Free data updates as per FAA data cycle (Every 56 days for A/FD and d-A/FD, every 28 days for d-TPP and Library).
* Fine (GPS) Location - To determine current location to show nearby airports/wx stations.
* Full Internet Access - To download data files, weather, NOTAMS, AeroNav PDFs etc.
* Modify/Delete SD Card Contents - To store data files, cache weather data and PDFs.
* View Network State - To check if connected to internet and to determine if connected to WIFI for downloads.
* Market Billing Service - To allow donations to be processed.
FlightIntel does not use the obnoxious banner ads to generate revenue and never will. Also, providing data updates every 4-8 weeks takes a considerable time and efforts. Please show your appreciation by donating generously. Help me make FlightIntel one of the best in its class.
The AeroNav products (TPP PDF charts and A/FD PDF pages) are only available after making a donation. This is because due to recent policy change by AeroNav, I have to pay for the DVD to get access to the important metadata file. Please consider donating at one or both levels to help me continue working on this app.
Follow on Twitter: @FlightIntel
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/nhasan/Airports/issues
IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing FCs, please make sure you are running the latest release and have installed the latest data update.
Keywords: A/FD, AFD, Navaids, Pilots, Aviation, Flightplan
- No subscription! As long as the FAA provides the charts for free, you never pay again
- Optimized for tablets and phones
- Instant-search for airport, city, state or route
- Favorites and Recents for quick access to your most used airports
- Includes Airport diagrams, Minimums, STARS and DPs
Approach Charts is not a legal replacement for paper Instrument Approach Charts
Made by pilots, for pilots! All proceeds go towards my instrument rating.
Note: Always cross check with your current AFD. Updates will be issued frequently (imported directly from the FAA database), but there is no guarantee of up-to-date information. This app does NOT allow you to listen to frequencies - a scanner or transceiver is required to listen to the frequencies listed. If you experience any problems, please e-mail me BEFORE posting a bad review!
Intuitive easy to use tabbed browsing interface. Uses modern Android UI/Tablet features - Android 4.0 is required.
Powered by high performance BA3 Mapping engine - Track-up or North up - Sectional, IFR Hi or Low charts
No need to download maps: get started quickly using tiled maps from our server
Split-screen support (Map + Flight plan or Map + Plates)
Bends-only Victor airways and winds aloft in flight plans
Graphical Rubber-banding of flight plans
Nexrad, Metar, Satellite, TFR and Airspace overlays on map page
Entire range of weather imagery
Global database of 44,000 airports with NOTAMs, Runways and Frequencies
For US Airports: Operational statistics, Remarks, IAPs (Plates), A/FD (Airport Facility Directory) and Airport Diagrams
Rubber-banding - simply drag the line !
Victor airways (including bends-only planning)
Support for round-the-world flight plans
Winds Aloft compensation in the flight plan
Altitude optimizer (find optimal altitude based on winds aloft for speed and temperature for comfort)
Powered by High performance BA3 Altus Mapping Engine !
US Sectional, IFR Enroute (Low & Hi) charts, Track-up or North-up
Choice of basemap: Mapquest Satellite, OpenStreat Map, World Map with rivers & political boundaries
Automatic runway extension
Direct To Navigation
Map Page Overlays:
NexRad, IR/Vis Satellite
Airspaces (Class B, C, D)
Metar parameters (Flight rules, Sky Condition, Temperature, Visibility and Wind)
Metar and TAF along route of flight
Surface Prognostic charts, SIGMETs, AIRMETs
Flight Rules, Area Forecast, Winds ALoft, PIREPs, Freezing Level charts
Radar Composite, Rada Regional (static and Looping), Satellite (US and International)
Download multiple maps concurrently
Continue to use the app while download is in progress
Geo-coding search - on airport page and map page
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads! Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Long-press to set Destination.
•GPS distance, track, & Time.
•Nearest Airports, touch to select.
•Basic flight leg planning.
•Runway extension option.
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Request a minicab on-the-go in under a minute from your iPhone or android phone.
Booking a minicab via app is even faster than ringing the Cab Office or getting a black cab.
Thanks to the iPhone's GPS capabilities, you don't even need to enter your address, simply press 'find my location' and your phone will display a list of nearby streets, just add the door number and building/company name.
Genesis Cars Minicabs are on average cheaper than black taxis. Pay a fixed price by account, cash or credit card.
If you need a quote – just start booking, but do not press ‘confirm’ unless you really want a vehicle to arrive.
Genesis Cars offer pre-booked and ASAP services with average response times of just 20 minutes for account customers throughout West London.
Features of the Genesis Cars iPhone app:
- Even faster than ringing the Cab Office
- On average cheaper than black taxis
- Pay a fixed price via account, cash or credit card
- No need to type in pick-up address - GPS system finds your current location
- Remembers your favourite addresses for faster bookings
- Airport bookings
- Pre-booked or ASAP services with average response times of just 20 minutes
- App tells you exactly how many minutes your car will be
Once your minicab is booked, you will receive a confirmation email and text message containing the vehicle number plate and job number - this job number guarantees that your vehicle will be sent as requested. If for any reason you do not receive a confirmation message, please rebook your car.
If you like the app, please give us a good rating.
For any technical assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Genesis Cars Limited - www.genesiscar.co.uk
More from developer
The Air Safety Institute (ASI) Flight Risk Evaluator is designed to help pilots take a more systematic approach to those gray areas of go / no-go decisions. Take a few minutes to think about your own approach to risk management. Then, when you move on to the app, remember that its guidance is meant to be general; it’s your assessment of the situation that counts. Be realistic about your skills and proficiency. If you feel uncomfortable about something the program says is safe, always trust your own judgment and err on the side of caution.
• Provides an objective, real-time, and specific report on the risk involved with your next flight.
• Helps you make better choices about flight risk
• A great learning tool for new pilots in targeting the areas of greatest risk for your flight
• Helps craft your own personal minimums
• Tells you why a particular flight area may be too risky for your experience level
• Uses your current and total flight experience to evaluate your risk on any flight
• Automatically downloads real-time airport weather and runway lengths and configurations
• Offline use allows you to manually input any variables you choose to determine what the risks are if conditions change
• Stores your flight time and experience
• Stores multiple aircraft profiles for use with flying clubs or FBOs
In the real world of flying it can be tough to make calls about what’s safe and what isn’t. Airline and corporate pilots have rules that clearly spell out how to deal with sticky situations, but for the most part general aviation (GA) pilots are left to their own judgment. And that’s a good thing—but it doesn’t mean we always have to go it alone.
It sounds simple in theory…but out in the real world it’s not always easy to decide whether a given flight is safe or not. In some cases one particular factor may be marginal while everything else is good, while in other cases there can be a multitude of variables involved, and it can be hard to decide exactly how much weight to give each of them. Sometimes things look OK to start with, but then change en route. That’s when the calls can get really tough—and you need to choose carefully because the stakes can be high.
GA pilots prefer more flexibility when it comes to risk—more like guidelines than actual rules. Thing is, for guidelines to work you need to have good judgment …and a good choice for one pilot might be a really bad choice for another. The ASI Flight Risk Evaluator is a step to help you determine which choice is best for you.