**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Pilot Weather (US)
- Weather.com App
- FAA NOTAM and TAF Searches
- Flight Planning Apps
- Supplies from Gliem, Sporty's and King Schools
- Information on Rating Requirements
- Log Book Apps
Resources for Buying a Plane
- NTSB Damage History Search
- FAA Registry Search
- Find a Plane on
And much, much more...
Keywords: aviation, pilot, flight, airplane, weather
Help us make this App a great pilot and aviation tool by sending us your suggestions too.
► Review recent requests you've made to the DUAT system
► Use your Pilot and Aircraft Profiles from the DUAT system
► My DUAT Stored Requests for quick briefings
► Register for access, reset password, and recover lost access code
● Standard, Abbreviated or Outlook Briefings
● Route Briefings
● Area (Local) Briefings
● State (Regional) Briefings
● Specific Locations Briefings
● File Domestic
● File ICAO
● Close VFR Flight Plan
● Flight Plan Status
● Full DTC Flight Planner
● Simplified Flight Log
● Special Use Airspace checker
● ATC Advisories
● Airport Info with Flight Procedures, Airport Diagrams and more!
● Encode/Decode FAA Abbreviations and Location Identifiers
● Saved PDF Files to take IAP's with you
● Stored Requests
● Stored Routes
● Pilot Profiles
● Aircraft Profiles
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
Please find the user manual on this web page:
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
FLY is FUN is a moving map for aviation and pilots that provides ILS and GPS approach, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings, without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board.
Used together with “FLY is FUN Unlocker”, “FLY is FUN” is a complete application, without any restriction.
Without “FLY is FUN Unlocker”, all functionalities of “FLY is FUN” are accessible, which allows news user to discover them, but after 10 minutes, application stop and need to be restarted.
FLY is FUN is completely autonomous. FLY is FUN allows:
- to display route, bearing, trace on a moving map;
- to visualize airspace, on the map and within a vertical cut;
- to get dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles and ground proximity warning;
- to create, modify, import, share, export routes (Garmin .gpx or Google Earth .kml) creating and modifying routes is easy, using the map point and click and drag and drop, or using the database;
- to create its own waypoints and field, to import them from Google Earth, gpx or via txt file;
- to create its own airspace or to import them from Google Earth or Open air files;
- to perform route planning, estimated distance time and fuel consumption (depending on wind and aircraft characteristics);
- to calculate Sunset / Sunrise;
- to get weather forecast along the route;
- to get warnings, alarms and message before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces or specific points.
With FLY is FUN user is free to fully customized all main screens (4 portrait and 4 landscape screens) and to choose information he wish to display:
- Altitude GPS or barometric, over see, over ground, correction;
- Ground speed;
- Vertical speed;
- Distance to point , distance to destination;
- Estimated time to next point, estimated time to destination;
- Time since departure;
- Stop watch;
FLY is FUN can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Information displayed on map, could as well be customized according users preferences (IFR alone, VFR alone, IFR and VFR, …) and zoom level. More you zoom, more detail, information, waypoints,.. you get.
The building logbook, allows recording:
a. duration since departure time
b. departure and arrive time
c. departure and arrive airport
d. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml or .gpx file)
d. used aircraft
e. pilot(s) in charge
and to calculate fly distance
User can import existing topographic and elevation maps via the application. He can as well use its own topographical maps, maps that could have been created using MOBAC or SAS PLANET on a PC
VACs and PDF files
User can easily attached PDF files to airport or ULM fields, and consult them during the fly.
Usage of external GPS connected via Bluetooth is possible
The free World navigation and airspace database is regularly updated following AIRAC cycle.
If your device does not have menu button, press the compass rose for it.
User guide: http://funair.cz/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, ULM, airplane, aviation, avionics, helicopter, gyropter, LSA, ultra light, glass cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
Pricing: 45-day free trial then $4.99/month - includes Fuel prices and Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams at no extra cost. There is no other Android App with a feature set so rich and a price so unbeatable.
See your GPS position on seamless/stitched Sectional, IFR Hi or Low charts. Track-up or North up.
Fast, flicker free, high-quality maps - powered by BA3 Altus mapping engine - same mapping engine that powers the most popular apps on iPAD/iPhones.
Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams - at no extra cost.
FBO Information and Fuel Prices (updated daily: courtesy GlobalAir.com) - at no extra cost.
DUAT Briefing and Filing
Hi-res Terrain and obstacles
Bends-only Victor airways
Winds aloft in flight plans
Support for both phones and tablets - landscape or portrait mode.
Split-screen support (See Plates side-by-side Map)
Entire range of weather imagery
Global database of 44,000 airports with NOTAMs, Runways and Frequencies
For US Airports: Operational statistics, Remarks, IAPs (Plates), A/FD (Airport Facility Directory) and Airport Diagrams
Rubber-banding - simply drag the line !
Victor airways (including bends-only planning)
Support for round-the-world flight plans
Winds Aloft compensation in the flight plan
Altitude optimizer (find optimal altitude based on winds aloft for speed and temperature for comfort)
Powered by High performance BA3 Altus Mapping Engine !
US Sectional, IFR Enroute (Low & Hi) charts, Track-up or North-up
Choice of basemap: Mapquest Satellite, OpenStreat Map, World Map with rivers & political boundaries
Automatic runway extension
Direct To Navigation
Map Page Overlays:
NexRad, IR/Vis Satellite
Airspaces (Class B, C, D)
Metar parameters (Flight rules, Sky Condition, Temperature, Visibility and Wind)
Metar and TAF along route of flight
Surface Prognostic charts, SIGMETs, AIRMETs
Flight Rules, Area Forecast, Winds ALoft, PIREPs, Freezing Level charts
Radar Composite, Rada Regional (static and Looping), Satellite (US and International)
Download multiple maps concurrently
Continue to use the app while download is in progress
Geo-coding search - on airport page and map page
The required data is provided for free with an existing PocketFMS license, or by a yearly subscription obtained as an in-app purchase when this app is first run:
-Europe 69.95 Euro
The subscription provides current AeroData for Europe, USA, Canada & Australia/NZ, published in line with the 28 day AIRAC cycle. It includes current NOTAM & WX for all supported regions and enhanced European WX forecasts from our contracted professionals.
EasyVFR is an aviation Moving Map/EFB which can be used for flight planning, easy GPS navigation and post-flight analysis on Android devices (min. Android 3.x, 1GB RAM / 2GB storage). It is fully integrated with the PocketFMS Flight Management System.
With EasyVFR you can plan your flight, take your phone or tablet with you in the cockpit and follow your route on a moving map, always confident of your position and the airspace and airports around you.
PocketFMS has been providing flight planning and moving map systems since 2003. PocketFMS is a complete Flight Management System for VFR pilots, designed by pilots for pilots, that makes flight planning and navigation easy. Our AeroData is professionally maintained to the highest standards, including AIP updates for Australia/NZ, Canada, Europe & the USA, and is used in leading panel mounted avionics.
Currently the following is implemented:
- Unique 3D View (Synthetic Vision) for Europe, Australia/NZ, Canada (up to 60N) and USA;
- Terrain shading relative to aircraft altitude in both 2D and 3D view;
- Full PocketFMS AeroData support including many non-AIP airports, VFR reporting points, obstacles, navaids, places;
- Efficient flight planning. We have designed the easiest and fastest way to create multi-leg flightplans, starting with a tap & hold on a location on the map;
- Printing of flightplan briefings (NavLog,Weather,NOTAMS & Airspaces) using our unique EasyPrint system;
- Digital ATC flight plan filing for Europe and USA. NAIPS NfW file export;
- Quick and easy Direct To;
- Integrated Weather: PocketFMS' renowned Weather Information System provides graphical METAR/TAF depiction, W/V at different altitudes, and European Advanced WX forecast (cloudbase, SigWX - rain, fog, thunder);
- Graphical NOTAM depiction;
- Beautifully clear & detailed PocketFMS base mapping, or official charts for selected countries;
- Practice as if you are flying, while safely on the ground, by connecting your device to the free PocketFMS Simulator: http://www.pocketfms.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7829
- EFB Documents System with :
* Europe : All European Approach Plates from AIP's, Pooleys and DFS Anflugkarten, many geo-referenced
* Australia : ERSA & DAP Charts
* New Zealand : not supported
* USA : FAA's A/FD Directory.
* Canada : COPA's "Places to Fly";
- Vertical Profile View for airspaces, terrain and obstacles, for both Planning and actual Flying.
- GPX flightplan import & export.
EasyVFR Tutorials: http://www.pocketfms.com/EasyVFR/tut-FirstRun.asp
Learn more about PocketFMS at our web site and the PocketFMS Forum:
•We have a 30-day money back guarantee - if you're not satisfied, please contact us;
•Your payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase;
•Your subscription is automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period;
•Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period;
•Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off via your Subscription Settings in Google Play after purchase.
This enables pilots to place a secondary Android device with built in GPS receiver in the optimal location for satellite reception (for example, beneath the windshield with an unobstructed view of the sky). That device's GPS data is then sent via Bluetooth by this AddOn app, to one or more other Android devices running Avare (such as a tablet or phone attached to the aircraft control yoke, panel, or pilot's kneeboard).
Put your old Android phones to good use, and add redundancy to GPS navigation. This will convert your second device into a Bluetooth GPS, so it can be placed in an appropriate location in the aircraft, for optimum GPS signal reception. Your primary navigation & EFB phone/tablet device(s) running Avare can then be placed for optimum visibility and physical access; while getting GPS location data from your secondary device running this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
- Install Avare
- Install the Avare External I/O Plugin app
Secondary Device (for GPS):
- Install this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app
1. On Secondary Device, launch this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
2. On Primary Device(s), launch the Avare External I/O Plugin app, and then the Avare app.
3. On Secondary Device, click the Enable Pairing button from this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
4. On Primary Device(s), Pair with Secondary Device using that device's Bluetooth settings.
5. On Primary Device(s), launch the Avare External I/O Plugin app, and connect to Secondary Device using the External Bluetooth GPS menu.
6. On Primary Device(s), start Avare and navigate.
While all this may look complex, once the initial setup is done the routine setup and operation is fairly simple and intuitive.
Note that many dedicated external GPS units will perform more accurately and reliably than the GPS receivers built into most Android devices. This can be due to many factors including the fact that the primary purpose of external units is GPS reception; they may receive multiple GPS bands; they may access supplementary WAAS transmissions; and they may have more sensitive receivers with better noise rejection. Even so, the GPS built into most Android devices will perform well when optimally placed, so we hope this app can save you some money while providing an alternate GPS source.
NOTE: Based on manufacturer and carrier implementations, Android devices handle Airplane Mode differently. If you use Avare in Airplane Mode to reduce battery use and the potential for radio frequency interference, the Bluetooth transceiver in your device may or MAY NOT be active. It's possible that if Bluetooth isn't working on your device after you activate Airport Mode, it may work if you simply turn on Bluetooth again while in Airplane Mode. You could also further investigate how your device actually handles airplane mode with a free tool such as Airplane Mode Modifier.
Please share your feedback, questions and/or comments about this app on our Apps4Av Forum. Check the Forum and our Website for the latest developments.
For $49.99 you receive the Anywhere Map Freedom app with all of the geo-referenced US sectional and enroute charts as well as all of the US Approach Plates. The purchase includes a full year of updates to the map and chart data.
• Track up or North up
• Day mode or night mode
• Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate
• Patented Cones of Safety®
• TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) graphics
• Vertical Navigation (VNAV) guidance with target altitudes at waypoints
• Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
• Unlimited custom views allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Digital Database features:
• Fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
• Victor airways including MEAs
• Localizers and marker beacons
• Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
• Radio frequencies including AWOS
• Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
• MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
• SFR and TFR graphical depiction
Surface map features
• 100 meter Terrain elevation resolution – sharpest in the industry
• TAWS warning or shaded terrain
• Radio towers and obstacles
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
• Seamless Sectional Charts
• Seamless Low Enroute Charts
• Approach Plates and Airport diagrams--can be over-laid on moving map screen
• STARS, DPs, Minimums, and TERP Reference pages with page-flip buttons for multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
• Nearby Airports / VORs / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet based weather depictions
• Nexrad mosaic overlays on any view
• Graphical Metar Flags
• Terminal Forecasts
• NOAA weather graphic charts--Progs, Winds Aloft, Freezing Levels
Flight Planning & Route Creation
• Drag and Drop on screen flight planning
• Universal finder airport / waypoint search tool
• Victor airway based route wizard
• Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
• Winds Aloft compensation for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
• Unlimited Aircraft profiles includes fuel use, glide ratio, and weight and balance
• Unlimited User Waypoint entry
• Track history / Breadcrumbs
Alerts and reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
• Switch Fuel tanks
• Check fuel pump
• Check Landing Gear
• Begin Descent
• Check Oxygen
• Obstacle Ahead warning
• Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting options
• Compass Rose overlay
• Graphical Metar Flags on map
• Day and night mode color schemes
• Graphical depiction of grass runways
• Knots / MPH quick toggles
• Track / Bearing display
• ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
• E-HSI slaves to flight plan or the runway centerline
• Destination weather graphic
• Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
• Elapsed timer
• Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
• Weight and balance calculator
• User customizable quick tools menu
• Regional download controls
Device must have a dual core processor and at least 512Mb of RAM.
Anywhere Map Freedom is intended for use in North America, and includes US charts ONLY.
AeroTrax Mobile is an automated flight logbook designed as a modern day replacement for the 'Little Red Crew Logbook'.
AeroTrax Mobile can be used as a standalone time and data keeping system or together with the FREE companion desktop application.
Events (flight legs, training events ...) created and data entered into the mobile application are saved to an internal database that is automatically backed up to the devices SD card, if one exists.
Optionally, an event is also created in a designated Google calendar that will be displayed on the users mobile device calendar and on any family members calendar when shared. When event data is completed (requiring a minimum of the OUT time and IN time) or updated, the data is posted to the description field of the designated Google calendar event and is available for data transfer to the free desktop companion program.
If the free PC application is used, those events saved by the mobile application will be available for automatic import to the free PC application and saved to the users PC application database. From within the PC application, event records can be printed, viewed and organized.
AeroTrax Mobile is fully loaded with optional data tracking features but still retains the simplicity of the old 'Red Crew Log'. All data is optional on the event form with the exception of the OUT time and IN time.
• METAR and TAF reports for departure and arrival fields
• field elevation, IATA and ICAO code
• sunrise/sunset time for both departure and arrival fields
• en-route sunrise/sunset -or- flight conducted during daylight/nighttime calculated for route of flight
• automatic calculation of day/night flight time
• rhumb line course and distance and average speed
• landing currency
• automatic trip generator displays pairing from input flight legs
• auto-calculation of duty time, TAFB, overblock, deadhead times
• ability to input specific airline contract pay rules with total pay calculated on those rules
• times entered and displayed in either UTC, phone local time or any selectable worldwide time zone
• fuel plan and actual calculations
• fuel slip verifier in gallons and liters
• ZFW, Takeoff and Landing Weight calculations
• hotel name, hotel phone and transportation phone numbers displayed as hyperlinks for use with quick dial
Please direct any questions, comments, problems or feature requests directly to the developer at email@example.com.
The FREE PC LOGBOOK APP can be downloaded from https://AeroNauticalTrax.com
This Avare External I/O Plugin requires the free Avare app, which should be installed first. You can find Avare on Google Play in the list of our free apps under the "More from developer" section below. For details on installation and operation of Avare with this I/O app and use with specific devices, please see our website and search our Forum. The basic steps for use with an external GPS or ADS-B receiver are:
--Installation on your Android device--
- Install Avare
- Install this Avare External I/O Plugin app
1. Turn on the external receiver device and ensure that it's ready and transmitting data via Bluetooth (or WiFi), in a location with clear view of the sky and near the Android device.
2. On your Android device, disable GPS in the settings (optional if you do not want GPS from
tablet internal), and ensure that Bluetooth (or WiFi) is on.
3. Launch the Avare app, go to Preferences, and under GPS select where you want to
get GPS messages (e.g. ADS-B or GPS device), then minimize Avare using Home button of Android device.
4. Launch the IO app, and connect your Android device to the ADSB/GPS device via Bluetooth.
5. Minimize the IO app (like Avare, it will continue running in background).
6. Return to the Avare app and your position will be displayed if available and if other Avare settings are correct. Note that Avare's GPS tab will be blank when using an external GPS in this way.
While all this may look complex, users report that once the initial setup is done the routine setup and operation is simple and intuitive.
*Based on manufacturer and carrier implementations, Android devices handle Airplane Mode differently. If you use Avare in Airplane Mode, the Bluetooth transceiver in your device may or MAY NOT be active. It's possible that if Bluetooth isn't working on your device after you activate Airport Mode, it may work if you simply turn on Bluetooth again while in Airplane Mode. You could also further investigate how your device actually handles airplane mode with a free tool such as Airplane Mode Modifier.
*In many locations, little or no ADS-B reception may be available, especially on the ground, so you may need to be flying at or above 3,000' AGL to receive ADS-B data. If so, you may be able to receive at least the data from any long-haul airliners passing overhead transmitting ADS-B Out.
- The software requires additional data (maps, voices) via WiFi after installation!
- Xperia Edition runs EXCLUSIVELY on selected SONY Xperia devices
- See also further notes at the end of this text
Garmin brings its award winning experience from personal navigation devices to transform your SONY Xperia device into a fully functioning mobile navigation system.
Xperia Edition is an on-board solution, meaning no data transfer, waiting time or roaming charges occur when using the map display, voice announcements or route calculation. The system files are saved directly to your device so you can navigate anywhere in Europe incl. Russia OR North America OR Australia OR Southern Africa OR Brazil/Argentina without worrying about cellular coverage or excessive data charges.
You can make free use of the Xperia Edition with all options active within a 30 days trial phase and later decide whether you want to extend this phase by another 30 days via a Google subscription for the 30-DAYs-ALL-IN package or purchase one the two lifetime options EFFICIENCY or EXCELLENCE available. Even after ending of the trial phase the pedestrian navigation function always remains.
Features included in the EFFICIENCY, EXCELLENCE and 30-DAYs-ALL-IN:
• Europe, Russia OR North America OR Australia OR Southern Africa OR Brasil, Argentina maps onboard
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance
• Intelligent address search
• Reality Scanner
• Point of Interest search
• Local Search (a)
• Car & Pedestrian mode
• Navigate to contacts
• Take me home function with a single click
• Route Planning
• Clever Parking
• Live Weather (a)
Features additionally included in the EXCELLENCE lifetime package and the 30-DAYs-ALL-IN option:
• Reality View Pro - Photo realistic display of motorway junctions and exits
• 3D map view – Bird-view-like map display
• Speed Assistant – Display of current speed limit and warning when exceeding
• Radar Info - Fix installed speed & red light cameras
• Lane Assistant Pro - Display of the best lane to take when approaching a junction
• Text-to-Speech - Spoken Street Names
• MyRoutes - Multiple route calculation
• Enables pedestrian navigation on the SONY SmartWatch 2. Requires additional installation of the free extension NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect, available here in Google Play
Optional extensions for the EXCELLENCE package, included in the 30-DAYs-ALL-IN option:
• Traffic Live (a) - Real time traffic updates. Avoid traffic jams, roadworks, accidents, road closures and more. Automatic re-routing possible
• Mobile Alert Live (a) - Receive real time information on danger spots in your country (Europe and North America only!). You can also report such spots to help other drivers
• Mobile Alert Live Premium (a) - As Mobile Alert Live, but working Pan-European wide (Europe only!), providing information level of reliability, time passed since last report and the number of reporters travelling in your direction
• FreshMaps - Get lifetime map updates (b)
• Panorama View 3D - View the landscape in 3D with mountains and valleys
• Urban Guidance - Use also public transport to navigate in many urban areas (a)
• NAVIGON cockpit - Gauges and displays showing various physical parameters
(a) Live service. A data connection is required
(b) Garmin warrants at least a 24 month support for this service after purchase
- On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is mandatory to register your product. Please ensure data connection is available.
- NAVIGON is an on-board solution. It means that all map material, voices and system files are saved on the phone. The version - when all maps are installed - requires approx. 3.4GB of free memory. Please ensure you have sufficient mass-storage memory available.
- The map material must be downloaded via WiFi. Please ensure a reliable connection is available. The download depends on the transmission speed and number of selected maps.
NOTE: Requires registration of an email address since your NAV & MET reports are sent via email. If you do not wish to register, no point installing this app.
* Create your route by simply typing the list of desired waypoints (such as ICAO airport identifiers). For example, to specify a route from San Francisco International to Los Angeles International, enter: KSFO KLAX.
* Alternatively, create/edit route via Google Maps and Route-Editor
* Simply click a button to generate your Pilot's LOG (PLOG) comprising all your navigation calculations for your route. Moments later, your PLOG and MET reports are sent to you by email (as attached PDF files).
* The PLOG computation for drift uses the current MET (from METARS, TAFS, and global weather forecasting software) to determine winds aloft for each waypoint along the route (we call this "AutoMETic")
* The PLOG computations for magnetic heading use a numerical geomagnetic model to calculate the 1magnetic deviation for each and every waypoint for the current calendar date .
* The PLOG calculations provide altimetry (transition levels, flight levels, etc) and performance (density altitudes, freezing altitude, etc) calculations along the route (again using AutoMETic to determine localised temperatures and pressures for the basis of the computations).
* The PLOG calculations provide solar angle calculations (azimuth and zenith) along the route corresponding to the dates and times along the route, enabling, for example, to determine if any of the flight is conducted in darkness, or if any of the flight will be conducted "into the sun" (possibly affecting visibility) etc.
* The PLOG calculations include fuel consumption profile along the route (including consideration of fuel consumption for initial climb-out, and any en route changes in altitude).
* The PLOG calculations include range and endurance estimation for possible diversion from any point along the route, based on remaining fuel along the route.
* Ability to specify wide range of parameters for the PLOG calculations including altitude profile along the route, airspeed profile along the route, date and time of departure (including UTC offset for local time), waypoint at which the stopwatch is zeroed (e.g., to enable PLOG times to be computed relative to a specified starting waypoint which can be different from the departure airfield).
* Ability to save routes and waypoints for sharing with friends and/or the general public.
* Ability to save parameters for convenience and later re-use.
* Ability to set and save preferences such as aircraft performance parameters (IAS, climb rate, fuel consumption, fuel capacity, etc) used in the PLOG calculations.
* Ability to set and save preferences for dimensional units used in the PLOG parameters and reports.
* Creates open-standard GPX (".gpx") format and Garmin Flight Plan (".fpl") format files (included as additional file attachments in your PLOG email) containing your route for easy import into other software tools and navigation/avionics devices.
* Seamless inter-operability with the web-based version of iNavCalc (flylogical.com)
* Excellent for use in education and instruction of pre-flight navigation
* "Twitter Locator Beacon" (TLB) for broadcasting your current location via Twitter