**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Pilot Weather (US)
- Weather.com App
- FAA NOTAM and TAF Searches
- Flight Planning Apps
- Supplies from Gliem, Sporty's and King Schools
- Information on Rating Requirements
- Log Book Apps
Resources for Buying a Plane
- NTSB Damage History Search
- FAA Registry Search
- Find a Plane on
And much, much more...
Keywords: aviation, pilot, flight, airplane, weather
Help us make this App a great pilot and aviation tool by sending us your suggestions too.
► Review recent requests you've made to the DUAT system
► Use your Pilot and Aircraft Profiles from the DUAT system
► My DUAT Stored Requests for quick briefings
► Register for access, reset password, and recover lost access code
● Standard, Abbreviated or Outlook Briefings
● Route Briefings
● Area (Local) Briefings
● State (Regional) Briefings
● Specific Locations Briefings
● File Domestic
● File ICAO
● Close VFR Flight Plan
● Flight Plan Status
● Full DTC Flight Planner
● Simplified Flight Log
● Special Use Airspace checker
● ATC Advisories
● Airport Info with Flight Procedures, Airport Diagrams and more!
● Encode/Decode FAA Abbreviations and Location Identifiers
● Saved PDF Files to take IAP's with you
● Stored Requests
● Stored Routes
● Pilot Profiles
● Aircraft Profiles
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
Pricing: 45-day free trial then $4.99/month - includes Fuel prices and Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams at no extra cost. There is no other Android App with a feature set so rich and a price so unbeatable.
See your GPS position on seamless/stitched Sectional, IFR Hi or Low charts. Track-up or North up.
Fast, flicker free, high-quality maps - powered by BA3 Altus mapping engine - same mapping engine that powers the most popular apps on iPAD/iPhones.
Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams - at no extra cost.
FBO Information and Fuel Prices (updated daily: courtesy GlobalAir.com) - at no extra cost.
DUAT Briefing and Filing
Hi-res Terrain and obstacles
Bends-only Victor airways
Winds aloft in flight plans
Support for both phones and tablets - landscape or portrait mode.
Split-screen support (See Plates side-by-side Map)
Entire range of weather imagery
Global database of 44,000 airports with NOTAMs, Runways and Frequencies
For US Airports: Operational statistics, Remarks, IAPs (Plates), A/FD (Airport Facility Directory) and Airport Diagrams
Rubber-banding - simply drag the line !
Victor airways (including bends-only planning)
Support for round-the-world flight plans
Winds Aloft compensation in the flight plan
Altitude optimizer (find optimal altitude based on winds aloft for speed and temperature for comfort)
Powered by High performance BA3 Altus Mapping Engine !
US Sectional, IFR Enroute (Low & Hi) charts, Track-up or North-up
Choice of basemap: Mapquest Satellite, OpenStreat Map, World Map with rivers & political boundaries
Automatic runway extension
Direct To Navigation
Map Page Overlays:
NexRad, IR/Vis Satellite
Airspaces (Class B, C, D)
Metar parameters (Flight rules, Sky Condition, Temperature, Visibility and Wind)
Metar and TAF along route of flight
Surface Prognostic charts, SIGMETs, AIRMETs
Flight Rules, Area Forecast, Winds ALoft, PIREPs, Freezing Level charts
Radar Composite, Rada Regional (static and Looping), Satellite (US and International)
Download multiple maps concurrently
Continue to use the app while download is in progress
Geo-coding search - on airport page and map page
For $49.99 you receive the Anywhere Map Freedom app with all of the geo-referenced US sectional and enroute charts as well as all of the US Approach Plates. The purchase includes a full year of updates to the map and chart data.
• Track up or North up
• Day mode or night mode
• Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate
• Patented Cones of Safety®
• TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) graphics
• Vertical Navigation (VNAV) guidance with target altitudes at waypoints
• Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
• Unlimited custom views allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Digital Database features:
• Fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
• Victor airways including MEAs
• Localizers and marker beacons
• Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
• Radio frequencies including AWOS
• Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
• MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
• SFR and TFR graphical depiction
Surface map features
• 100 meter Terrain elevation resolution – sharpest in the industry
• TAWS warning or shaded terrain
• Radio towers and obstacles
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
• Seamless Sectional Charts
• Seamless Low Enroute Charts
• Approach Plates and Airport diagrams--can be over-laid on moving map screen
• STARS, DPs, Minimums, and TERP Reference pages with page-flip buttons for multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
• Nearby Airports / VORs / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet based weather depictions
• Nexrad mosaic overlays on any view
• Graphical Metar Flags
• Terminal Forecasts
• NOAA weather graphic charts--Progs, Winds Aloft, Freezing Levels
Flight Planning & Route Creation
• Drag and Drop on screen flight planning
• Universal finder airport / waypoint search tool
• Victor airway based route wizard
• Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
• Winds Aloft compensation for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
• Unlimited Aircraft profiles includes fuel use, glide ratio, and weight and balance
• Unlimited User Waypoint entry
• Track history / Breadcrumbs
Alerts and reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
• Switch Fuel tanks
• Check fuel pump
• Check Landing Gear
• Begin Descent
• Check Oxygen
• Obstacle Ahead warning
• Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting options
• Compass Rose overlay
• Graphical Metar Flags on map
• Day and night mode color schemes
• Graphical depiction of grass runways
• Knots / MPH quick toggles
• Track / Bearing display
• ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
• E-HSI slaves to flight plan or the runway centerline
• Destination weather graphic
• Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
• Elapsed timer
• Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
• Weight and balance calculator
• User customizable quick tools menu
• Regional download controls
Device must have a dual core processor and at least 512Mb of RAM.
Anywhere Map Freedom is intended for use in North America, and includes US charts ONLY.
FLY is FUN is a moving map for aviation and pilots that provides ILS and GPS approach, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings, without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board.
Used together with “FLY is FUN Unlocker”, “FLY is FUN” is a complete application, without any restriction.
Without “FLY is FUN Unlocker”, all functionalities of “FLY is FUN” are accessible, which allows news user to discover them, but after 10 minutes, application stop and need to be restarted.
FLY is FUN is completely autonomous. FLY is FUN allows:
- to display route, bearing, trace on a moving map;
- to visualize airspace, on the map and within a vertical cut;
- to get dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles and ground proximity warning;
- to create, modify, import, share, export routes (Garmin .gpx or Google Earth .kml) creating and modifying routes is easy, using the map point and click and drag and drop, or using the database;
- to create its own waypoints and field, to import them from Google Earth, gpx or via txt file;
- to create its own airspace or to import them from Google Earth or Open air files;
- to perform route planning, estimated distance time and fuel consumption (depending on wind and aircraft characteristics);
- to calculate Sunset / Sunrise;
- to get weather forecast along the route;
- to get warnings, alarms and message before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces or specific points.
With FLY is FUN user is free to fully customized all main screens (4 portrait and 4 landscape screens) and to choose information he wish to display:
- Altitude GPS or barometric, over see, over ground, correction;
- Ground speed;
- Vertical speed;
- Distance to point , distance to destination;
- Estimated time to next point, estimated time to destination;
- Time since departure;
- Stop watch;
FLY is FUN can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Information displayed on map, could as well be customized according users preferences (IFR alone, VFR alone, IFR and VFR, …) and zoom level. More you zoom, more detail, information, waypoints,.. you get.
The building logbook, allows recording:
a. duration since departure time
b. departure and arrive time
c. departure and arrive airport
d. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml or .gpx file)
d. used aircraft
e. pilot(s) in charge
and to calculate fly distance
User can import existing topographic and elevation maps via the application. He can as well use its own topographical maps, maps that could have been created using MOBAC or SAS PLANET on a PC
VACs and PDF files
User can easily attached PDF files to airport or ULM fields, and consult them during the fly.
Usage of external GPS connected via Bluetooth is possible
The free World navigation and airspace database is regularly updated following AIRAC cycle.
If your device does not have menu button, press the compass rose for it.
User guide: http://funair.cz/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, ULM, airplane, aviation, avionics, helicopter, gyropter, LSA, ultra light, glass cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
Two modes are available for setting the flight course or the heading.
Set the WD direction and speed. And, according to the mode chosen, set the intended flight course, or the heading, and get the resulting heading, or course, and the ground
Moving map GPS for a little price!
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
Please find the user manual on this web page:
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
- The software requires additional data (maps, voices) via WiFi after installation!
- Xperia Edition runs EXCLUSIVELY on selected SONY Xperia devices
- See also further notes at the end of this text
Garmin brings its award winning experience from personal navigation devices to transform your SONY Xperia device into a fully functioning mobile navigation system.
Xperia Edition is an on-board solution, meaning no data transfer, waiting time or roaming charges occur when using the map display, voice announcements or route calculation. The system files are saved directly to your device so you can navigate anywhere in Europe incl. Russia OR North America OR Australia OR Southern Africa OR Brazil/Argentina without worrying about cellular coverage or excessive data charges.
You can make free use of the Xperia Edition with all options active within a 30 days trial phase and later decide whether you want to extend this phase by another 30 days via a Google subscription for the 30-DAYs-ALL-IN package or purchase one the two lifetime options EFFICIENCY or EXCELLENCE available. Even after ending of the trial phase the pedestrian navigation function always remains.
Features included in the EFFICIENCY, EXCELLENCE and 30-DAYs-ALL-IN:
• Europe, Russia OR North America OR Australia OR Southern Africa OR Brasil, Argentina maps onboard
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance
• Intelligent address search
• Reality Scanner
• Point of Interest search
• Local Search (a)
• Car & Pedestrian mode
• Navigate to contacts
• Take me home function with a single click
• Route Planning
• Clever Parking
• Live Weather (a)
Features additionally included in the EXCELLENCE lifetime package and the 30-DAYs-ALL-IN option:
• Reality View Pro - Photo realistic display of motorway junctions and exits
• 3D map view – Bird-view-like map display
• Speed Assistant – Display of current speed limit and warning when exceeding
• Radar Info - Fix installed speed & red light cameras
• Lane Assistant Pro - Display of the best lane to take when approaching a junction
• Text-to-Speech - Spoken Street Names
• MyRoutes - Multiple route calculation
• Enables pedestrian navigation on the SONY SmartWatch 2. Requires additional installation of the free extension NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect, available here in Google Play
Optional extensions for the EXCELLENCE package, included in the 30-DAYs-ALL-IN option:
• Traffic Live (a) - Real time traffic updates. Avoid traffic jams, roadworks, accidents, road closures and more. Automatic re-routing possible
• Mobile Alert Live (a) - Receive real time information on danger spots in your country (Europe and North America only!). You can also report such spots to help other drivers
• Mobile Alert Live Premium (a) - As Mobile Alert Live, but working Pan-European wide (Europe only!), providing information level of reliability, time passed since last report and the number of reporters travelling in your direction
• FreshMaps - Get lifetime map updates (b)
• Panorama View 3D - View the landscape in 3D with mountains and valleys
• Urban Guidance - Use also public transport to navigate in many urban areas (a)
• NAVIGON cockpit - Gauges and displays showing various physical parameters
(a) Live service. A data connection is required
(b) Garmin warrants at least a 24 month support for this service after purchase
- On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is mandatory to register your product. Please ensure data connection is available.
- NAVIGON is an on-board solution. It means that all map material, voices and system files are saved on the phone. The version - when all maps are installed - requires approx. 3.4GB of free memory. Please ensure you have sufficient mass-storage memory available.
- The map material must be downloaded via WiFi. Please ensure a reliable connection is available. The download depends on the transmission speed and number of selected maps.
US AIRPORTS ONLY.
Please leave your ratings and comments to show your support and appreciation. Thank you.
* Detailed info on 5,500+ US public use airports
* Favorite airports/Wx
* Nearby airports/Wx/FSS
* Nearby navaids from an airport
* Detailed ILS info
* Weather radar images
* Prognosis images
* Winds aloft images
* Pressure altitude/density altitude
* Sunrise/sunset in local and UTC time
* Instrument procedures a.k.a. Approach plates (PDF)
* A/FD pages (PDF)
* ATC frequencies
* ATC phone numbers
* FSS frequencies
* Scratch pad to note down ATC and Wx
* UTC Clock, stopwatch and countdown timer
* US AIRPORTS ONLY
* NO BANNER ADS! AT ALL! EVER!
* Free data updates as per FAA data cycle (Every 56 days for A/FD and d-A/FD, every 28 days for d-TPP and Library).
* Fine (GPS) Location - To determine current location to show nearby airports/wx stations.
* Full Internet Access - To download data files, weather, NOTAMS, AeroNav PDFs etc.
* Modify/Delete SD Card Contents - To store data files, cache weather data and PDFs.
* View Network State - To check if connected to internet and to determine if connected to WIFI for downloads.
* Market Billing Service - To allow donations to be processed.
FlightIntel does not use the obnoxious banner ads to generate revenue and never will. Also, providing data updates every 4-8 weeks takes a considerable time and efforts. Please show your appreciation by donating generously. Help me make FlightIntel one of the best in its class.
The AeroNav products (TPP PDF charts and A/FD PDF pages) are only available after making a donation. This is because due to recent policy change by AeroNav, I have to pay for the DVD to get access to the important metadata file. Please consider donating at one or both levels to help me continue working on this app.
Follow on Twitter: @FlightIntel
User Groups: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/flightintel-users
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/nhasan/Airports/issues
IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing FCs, please make sure you are running the latest release and have installed the latest data update.
Keywords: A/FD, AFD, Navaids, Pilots, Aviation, Flightplan
NOTE: Requires registration of an email address since your NAV & MET reports are sent via email. If you do not wish to register, no point installing this app.
* Create your route by simply typing the list of desired waypoints (such as ICAO airport identifiers). For example, to specify a route from San Francisco International to Los Angeles International, enter: KSFO KLAX.
* Alternatively, create/edit route via Google Maps and Route-Editor
* Simply click a button to generate your Pilot's LOG (PLOG) comprising all your navigation calculations for your route. Moments later, your PLOG and MET reports are sent to you by email (as attached PDF files).
* The PLOG computation for drift uses the current MET (from METARS, TAFS, and global weather forecasting software) to determine winds aloft for each waypoint along the route (we call this "AutoMETic")
* The PLOG computations for magnetic heading use a numerical geomagnetic model to calculate the 1magnetic deviation for each and every waypoint for the current calendar date .
* The PLOG calculations provide altimetry (transition levels, flight levels, etc) and performance (density altitudes, freezing altitude, etc) calculations along the route (again using AutoMETic to determine localised temperatures and pressures for the basis of the computations).
* The PLOG calculations provide solar angle calculations (azimuth and zenith) along the route corresponding to the dates and times along the route, enabling, for example, to determine if any of the flight is conducted in darkness, or if any of the flight will be conducted "into the sun" (possibly affecting visibility) etc.
* The PLOG calculations include fuel consumption profile along the route (including consideration of fuel consumption for initial climb-out, and any en route changes in altitude).
* The PLOG calculations include range and endurance estimation for possible diversion from any point along the route, based on remaining fuel along the route.
* Ability to specify wide range of parameters for the PLOG calculations including altitude profile along the route, airspeed profile along the route, date and time of departure (including UTC offset for local time), waypoint at which the stopwatch is zeroed (e.g., to enable PLOG times to be computed relative to a specified starting waypoint which can be different from the departure airfield).
* Ability to save routes and waypoints for sharing with friends and/or the general public.
* Ability to save parameters for convenience and later re-use.
* Ability to set and save preferences such as aircraft performance parameters (IAS, climb rate, fuel consumption, fuel capacity, etc) used in the PLOG calculations.
* Ability to set and save preferences for dimensional units used in the PLOG parameters and reports.
* Creates open-standard GPX (".gpx") format and Garmin Flight Plan (".fpl") format files (included as additional file attachments in your PLOG email) containing your route for easy import into other software tools and navigation/avionics devices.
* Seamless inter-operability with the web-based version of iNavCalc (flylogical.com)
* Excellent for use in education and instruction of pre-flight navigation
* "Twitter Locator Beacon" (TLB) for broadcasting your current location via Twitter
Always cross check with your manufacture's checklist, as well as any local regulations before use. For reference only.