**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
OpenFlightGPS (then released in 2010 as "OpenFlight Map") was the FIRST Android Aviation Charting App available. I created this app because there were no Android chart options at the time; and continue to service the app with FAA charts as provided on the FAA "aeronav" web site. The charts are provided in their entirety, and as such are clearly marked with their effective dates and all other margin information. You must download the charts one at a time as this app is provided to you at my personal expense and as such I would rather not have folks downloading 10 gigs at a pop from my website for charts they probably won't look at.
This application is absolutely free and free of any advertising or other garbage*. If OpenFlightGPS doesn't work for you or you don't like it for any reason, delete it. If you're nice, I might respond to emailed suggestions. Bad ranking in general will not get any result, and you'll just prove what kind of entitled person (or maybe representative of one of the paid vendors ...) you are.
Works best on 10" tablets, also works with 7" and other form factor tablets and most cell phones - but many cell phones do not have good GPS reception without "cell tower" assist.
The complete set is about 150 charts - note that the application may initialize more slowly if a very large number of charts is cached. Add to or change your set of charts at any time via WIFI download from within the app. Geo-referenced, moving map technology including access to all (1) Sectional (VFR), (2) World Aeronautical (WAC), (3) Enroute Low (IFR) and (4) Terminal Area (TAC) Charts for the contiguous 48 United States. Also includes non-Geo-Referenced Fly Way Charts. Individual charts are downloaded on demand through the app; individual chart files are between 2 and 10 megabytes, so WIFI works best when caching maps.
When moving, "GPS Mode" shows graphic (miniature airplane with pointer) pointing in direction of movement. When stopped, graphic changes to a house icon. "Compass Mode" shows the direction ON THE MAP that the device is pointed. Also shows current latitude, longitude and altitude and current map scale.
To the guy from one of the hardware vendors that writes in the comments of all the free/low cost aviation charting apps about "wanting someone you can sue if there's a problem ... blah blah ... skin in the game" : The license terms you agreed to specifically disallow using this application in flight, or for any Aeronautical Decision Making whatsoever. I do appreciate that you are touched by this free application, as the primary reason I am giving it away is that I am sick and tired of overpriced map updates for most of the paid (and all of the certified) products ... Foreflight is an exception, and is reasonably priced ... if you don't want plates, anyway. Too bad they don't sell it on an open platform.
As per the license terms installing and using this application affirms that you agree that "Roger B. Leuthner is not responsible in any way for your use of this program in any respect", which you must agree to when activating the application on your device.
OpenFlight is a trademarked name, and is not part of the OpenFlightGPS application.
*Google is in the business of gathering and selling information about you. Supporting Google by increasing the Android ecosystem with this free application is a necessary by-product of providing easy access to General Aviation pilots.
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
Pilot Weather (US)
- Weather.com App
- FAA NOTAM and TAF Searches
- Flight Planning Apps
- Supplies from Gliem, Sporty's and King Schools
- Information on Rating Requirements
- Log Book Apps
Resources for Buying a Plane
- NTSB Damage History Search
- FAA Registry Search
- Find a Plane on
And much, much more...
Keywords: aviation, pilot, flight, airplane, weather
Help us make this App a great pilot and aviation tool by sending us your suggestions too.
US AIRPORTS ONLY.
Please leave your ratings and comments to show your support and appreciation. Thank you.
* Detailed info on 5,500+ US public use airports
* Favorite airports/Wx
* Nearby airports/Wx/FSS
* Nearby navaids from an airport
* Detailed ILS info
* Weather radar images
* Prognosis images
* Winds aloft images
* Pressure altitude/density altitude
* Sunrise/sunset in local and UTC time
* Instrument procedures a.k.a. Approach plates (PDF)
* A/FD pages (PDF)
* ATC frequencies
* ATC phone numbers
* FSS frequencies
* Scratch pad to note down ATC and Wx
* UTC Clock, stopwatch and countdown timer
* US AIRPORTS ONLY
* NO BANNER ADS! AT ALL! EVER!
* Free data updates as per FAA data cycle (Every 56 days for A/FD and d-A/FD, every 28 days for d-TPP and Library).
* Fine (GPS) Location - To determine current location to show nearby airports/wx stations.
* Full Internet Access - To download data files, weather, NOTAMS, AeroNav PDFs etc.
* Modify/Delete SD Card Contents - To store data files, cache weather data and PDFs.
* View Network State - To check if connected to internet and to determine if connected to WIFI for downloads.
* Market Billing Service - To allow donations to be processed.
FlightIntel does not use the obnoxious banner ads to generate revenue and never will. Also, providing data updates every 4-8 weeks takes a considerable time and efforts. Please show your appreciation by donating generously. Help me make FlightIntel one of the best in its class.
The AeroNav products (TPP PDF charts and A/FD PDF pages) are only available after making a donation. This is because due to recent policy change by AeroNav, I have to pay for the DVD to get access to the important metadata file. Please consider donating at one or both levels to help me continue working on this app.
Follow on Twitter: @FlightIntel
User Groups: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/flightintel-users
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/nhasan/Airports/issues
IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing FCs, please make sure you are running the latest release and have installed the latest data update.
Keywords: A/FD, AFD, Navaids, Pilots, Aviation, Flightplan
NOTE: Requires registration of an email address since your NAV & MET reports are sent via email. If you do not wish to register, no point installing this app.
* Create your route by simply typing the list of desired waypoints (such as ICAO airport identifiers). For example, to specify a route from San Francisco International to Los Angeles International, enter: KSFO KLAX.
* Alternatively, create/edit route via Google Maps and Route-Editor
* Simply click a button to generate your Pilot's LOG (PLOG) comprising all your navigation calculations for your route. Moments later, your PLOG and MET reports are sent to you by email (as attached PDF files).
* The PLOG computation for drift uses the current MET (from METARS, TAFS, and global weather forecasting software) to determine winds aloft for each waypoint along the route (we call this "AutoMETic")
* The PLOG computations for magnetic heading use a numerical geomagnetic model to calculate the 1magnetic deviation for each and every waypoint for the current calendar date .
* The PLOG calculations provide altimetry (transition levels, flight levels, etc) and performance (density altitudes, freezing altitude, etc) calculations along the route (again using AutoMETic to determine localised temperatures and pressures for the basis of the computations).
* The PLOG calculations provide solar angle calculations (azimuth and zenith) along the route corresponding to the dates and times along the route, enabling, for example, to determine if any of the flight is conducted in darkness, or if any of the flight will be conducted "into the sun" (possibly affecting visibility) etc.
* The PLOG calculations include fuel consumption profile along the route (including consideration of fuel consumption for initial climb-out, and any en route changes in altitude).
* The PLOG calculations include range and endurance estimation for possible diversion from any point along the route, based on remaining fuel along the route.
* Ability to specify wide range of parameters for the PLOG calculations including altitude profile along the route, airspeed profile along the route, date and time of departure (including UTC offset for local time), waypoint at which the stopwatch is zeroed (e.g., to enable PLOG times to be computed relative to a specified starting waypoint which can be different from the departure airfield).
* Ability to save routes and waypoints for sharing with friends and/or the general public.
* Ability to save parameters for convenience and later re-use.
* Ability to set and save preferences such as aircraft performance parameters (IAS, climb rate, fuel consumption, fuel capacity, etc) used in the PLOG calculations.
* Ability to set and save preferences for dimensional units used in the PLOG parameters and reports.
* Creates open-standard GPX (".gpx") format and Garmin Flight Plan (".fpl") format files (included as additional file attachments in your PLOG email) containing your route for easy import into other software tools and navigation/avionics devices.
* Seamless inter-operability with the web-based version of iNavCalc (flylogical.com)
* Excellent for use in education and instruction of pre-flight navigation
* "Twitter Locator Beacon" (TLB) for broadcasting your current location via Twitter
C172 Performance is also available on IOS devices and as a WebApp (an App that runs in a browser) that runs on a variety of platforms (PC, Mac, tablets, phones). The cloud sync feature allows flight planning profiles entered on any device to be synchronized with your other devices when connected.
C172 Performance is a free, open-source development effort and has Apps and WebApps for other aircraft. See http://pohperformance.com for complete details.
Flight connection guru
Aviability knows about almost all flights and airports in the world. Just select origin and destination airports and you get plenty of connection options found specifically for your request. Aviability finds air trips with short total duration and tends connecting flights of the same airline or multiple airlines belonging to the same alliance.
If connection possible, Aviability finds it!
Fast as jet airplane
Select origin and destination airports and get flights in less than a second depending on your Internet connection. Use calendar or just move departure date forward or backward by one day to investigate entire week flight options for a minute.
Two modes are available for setting the flight course or the heading.
Set the WD direction and speed. And, according to the mode chosen, set the intended flight course, or the heading, and get the resulting heading, or course, and the ground
► Review recent requests you've made to the DUAT system
► Use your Pilot and Aircraft Profiles from the DUAT system
► My DUAT Stored Requests for quick briefings
► Register for access, reset password, and recover lost access code
● Standard, Abbreviated or Outlook Briefings
● Route Briefings
● Area (Local) Briefings
● State (Regional) Briefings
● Specific Locations Briefings
● File Domestic
● File ICAO
● Close VFR Flight Plan
● Flight Plan Status
● Full DTC Flight Planner
● Simplified Flight Log
● Special Use Airspace checker
● ATC Advisories
● Airport Info with Flight Procedures, Airport Diagrams and more!
● Encode/Decode FAA Abbreviations and Location Identifiers
● Saved PDF Files to take IAP's with you
● Stored Requests
● Stored Routes
● Pilot Profiles
● Aircraft Profiles
Glasswair is designed for wearable devices like Google Glasses, but it also happily runs on your phone or tablet.
- Compass view: nearby airports appear on your Glass display. Simply look in the direction of an airport to get more information (distance, ete, radio frequencies, ...).
- Airport view: an airport's relative position and bearing, right in your sight. Convenient for navigating to or flying around an airport.
- Radio view: missing out on a radio frequency? Look it up whilst looking out for traffic.
- Route view: keep an high-level overview of your route, remaining distance, eta.
Pricing: 45-day free trial then $4.99/month - includes Fuel prices and Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams at no extra cost. There is no other Android App with a feature set so rich and a price so unbeatable.
See your GPS position on seamless/stitched Sectional, IFR Hi or Low charts. Track-up or North up.
Fast, flicker free, high-quality maps - powered by BA3 Altus mapping engine - same mapping engine that powers the most popular apps on iPAD/iPhones.
Geo-referenced approach plates and runway diagrams - at no extra cost.
FBO Information and Fuel Prices (updated daily: courtesy GlobalAir.com) - at no extra cost.
DUAT Briefing and Filing
Hi-res Terrain and obstacles
Bends-only Victor airways
Winds aloft in flight plans
Support for both phones and tablets - landscape or portrait mode.
Split-screen support (See Plates side-by-side Map)
Entire range of weather imagery
Global database of 44,000 airports with NOTAMs, Runways and Frequencies
For US Airports: Operational statistics, Remarks, IAPs (Plates), A/FD (Airport Facility Directory) and Airport Diagrams
Rubber-banding - simply drag the line !
Victor airways (including bends-only planning)
Support for round-the-world flight plans
Winds Aloft compensation in the flight plan
Altitude optimizer (find optimal altitude based on winds aloft for speed and temperature for comfort)
Powered by High performance BA3 Altus Mapping Engine !
US Sectional, IFR Enroute (Low & Hi) charts, Track-up or North-up
Choice of basemap: Mapquest Satellite, OpenStreat Map, World Map with rivers & political boundaries
Automatic runway extension
Direct To Navigation
Map Page Overlays:
NexRad, IR/Vis Satellite
Airspaces (Class B, C, D)
Metar parameters (Flight rules, Sky Condition, Temperature, Visibility and Wind)
Metar and TAF along route of flight
Surface Prognostic charts, SIGMETs, AIRMETs
Flight Rules, Area Forecast, Winds ALoft, PIREPs, Freezing Level charts
Radar Composite, Rada Regional (static and Looping), Satellite (US and International)
Download multiple maps concurrently
Continue to use the app while download is in progress
Geo-coding search - on airport page and map page
This Avare External I/O Plugin requires the free Avare app, which should be installed first. You can find Avare on Google Play in the list of our free apps under the "More from developer" section below. For details on installation and operation of Avare with this I/O app and use with specific devices, please see our website and search our Forum. The basic steps for use with an external GPS or ADS-B receiver are:
--Installation on your Android device--
- Install Avare
- Install this Avare External I/O Plugin app
1. Turn on the external receiver device and ensure that it's ready and transmitting data via Bluetooth (or WiFi), in a location with clear view of the sky and near the Android device.
2. On your Android device, disable GPS in the settings (optional if you do not want GPS from
tablet internal), and ensure that Bluetooth (or WiFi) is on.
3. Launch the Avare app, go to Preferences, and under GPS select where you want to
get GPS messages (e.g. ADS-B or GPS device), then minimize Avare using Home button of Android device.
4. Launch the IO app, and connect your Android device to the ADSB/GPS device via Bluetooth.
5. Minimize the IO app (like Avare, it will continue running in background).
6. Return to the Avare app and your position will be displayed if available and if other Avare settings are correct. Note that Avare's GPS tab will be blank when using an external GPS in this way.
While all this may look complex, users report that once the initial setup is done the routine setup and operation is simple and intuitive.
*Based on manufacturer and carrier implementations, Android devices handle Airplane Mode differently. If you use Avare in Airplane Mode, the Bluetooth transceiver in your device may or MAY NOT be active. It's possible that if Bluetooth isn't working on your device after you activate Airport Mode, it may work if you simply turn on Bluetooth again while in Airplane Mode. You could also further investigate how your device actually handles airplane mode with a free tool such as Airplane Mode Modifier.
*In many locations, little or no ADS-B reception may be available, especially on the ground, so you may need to be flying at or above 3,000' AGL to receive ADS-B data. If so, you may be able to receive at least the data from any long-haul airliners passing overhead transmitting ADS-B Out.