The official BART mobile ticketing app for discounted group travel to/from the airport! The BART to Airport app lets you purchase and use fares for groups of two or more riders instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
- 25% discount on BART fares for travel to/from OAK or SFO when travelling as a group of two or more
- No paper fares to keep track of
- No need to carry cash, count exact change, or wait in line at a ticket machine
- Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card, mobile wallet or PayPal account
- Ability to purchase fare for your group of two or more in advance of your trip
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Choose your fare type
2. Choose your origin and destination stations
2. Choose your quantity of tickets
3. Choose your payment type
5. Ticket will be stored on your device and ready to use when you take your trip
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A: Cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use your activated tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
A: Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
- Either your origin or destination station must be Oakland International Airport or San Francisco International Airport.
- Only activate your ticket when you are ready to ride BART.
- Show your ticket to the station agent to enter/exit station. If no agent present, activate ticket and enter through any passable gate. Some gates swing out.
- Tickets are for groups of two or more. Your entire group must travel together.
- Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.