Your cycling app with route planner, navigation, tracking and more for cycling in and around the city.
Download and start right away: Multi-stop route planning, navigation and many more features can be used for free in your self-selected Premium Area (7km diameter)!
FEATUES OF THE BIKE CITIZENS APP
• Worldwide availability
• Bicycle-optimised display of maps with highlighting of cycle routes
• Tracking of rides and visualisation in the overview and the personal heatmap in the profile
• Smart Tracking feature to automatically track your rides while you leave your phone in your pocket
• Bicycle route planner with as many stopovers as needed and display of high metres;
• Routing gives preference to cycle paths and cycle-friendly routes
• Various routing options adapted to your bike type (city bike, mountain bike, road bike, e-bike)
• Find countless places (Points of Interest - POI) with the online search function
• Online route planning and navigation, as well as offline map download (Premium membership)
• The bike navigator gives precise voice prompts while cycling
• Recommended cycling routes in many cities and regions
• Local and international cycling campaigns, challenges and games such as Bike to Work, Bike Benefit, PINGifyoucare
AVAILABILITY OF THE CYCLING APP
The app is available worldwide. So you can start cycling right away, whether you live in Vienna, Berlin, Paris, London or outside from the big cities.
YOUR FREE PREMIUM AREA
Use multi-stop route planning, navigation with precise voice prompts and offline maps in a diameter of 7 km for free! You can also use many of the app's features outside your defined area.
BIKE CITIZENS PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
If you want more of it, worldwide, get the Premium membership! You can use everything that is included in your free premium area worldwide. Plus you get: Map download for offline navigation, many options to personalise your routing settings and your personal profile and much more!
HOW DO I GET PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP?
• Get a Premium membership in the app: 3,09 GBP / 3,49 USD per month or 24,49 GBP / 27,99 USD per year; can be cancelled at any time).
• Redeem a voucher code
• If you live in a sponsored city or region, many premium features are available to you for free.
FREE / SPONSORED CITIES AND REGIONS
In the following sponsored cities and regions the premium area is valid up to the city or region borders, that means all premium features + map download for offline use are available there:
• Bremen / Bremerhaven
• Hannover Region (incl. Bike Benefit campaign)
• Dortmund (incl. Bike Benefit campaign)
• City of Osnabrück
• Hannover Region "Bike Benefit"
• LKH Graz "Bike to Work"
• Dortmund "Bike Benefit"
• Melbourne "Bicycle Network Commuter Challenge"
WHERE DOES THE MAP MATERIAL COME FROM?
The cycling app Bike Citizens is based on data from OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite you to learn more about OSM at wiki.openstreetmap.org and to contribute to the accurate mapping of the cycling infrastructure in your area.
HOW DOES MY SMARTPHONE GET ON MY BIKE?
As a perfect complement to the cycling app we have developed a smartphone mount for cycling with Bike Citizens. FINN fixes any smartphone to any handlebar, whether city bike, mountain bike or road bike: http://getfinn.com
AWARDS FOR THE BIKE CITIZENS APP
• VCÖ Mobility Award 2015
• Eurobike Award 2015
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
We welcome feedback - it helps us to improve the bike app even further: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cycling is fun and keeps you healthy - see for yourself!
Your Bike Citizens