• Convenient, easy appointment scheduling and rescheduling
• Receive appointment reminders
• View donation history to see how many lives you’ve helped save
• Get geo-targeted blood shortage alerts let you know if your blood type is needed in your area
• Take a selfie of your heroic donation and share with friends and family using one of a variety of filters
• Claim rewards from participating retailers for your donation efforts
• Track your blood via Blood Journey and get notified when your blood has reached a hospital (when available)
• Join or create a lifesaving team based around your favorite organization (school, business, sports team, etc.) or create your own, recruit others and view rankings on a national scoreboard
• Earn unique badges to proudly share your achievements via social media, text, or email whether you’re a first-timer or a gallon donor
• If your donation history doesn't appear or for account sign up/login help - call 855 210 1278
Copyright © 2014 The American National Red Cross
Blood Donors Data bank of Kerala (Search based on Blood Group, District and Panchayat).
Send blood requests to MPulse users. All users will get notification about your blood request. Respond directly to the sender.
Share received blood requests to social medias.
Edit / change your personal data as a blood donor.
Details of Hospitals in Kerala and Manglore..
Hospitals' Rout Map.
Find Hospitals around your current location..
Search district wise blood banks in Kerala..
Ambulance numbers in each districts..
Tips for blood donors..
Other help line numbers..
Also, you can register your name as a blood donor..
Our aim is to make this app a wide network of Blood Donors in Kerala and a perfect health application.
Previously this application's name was Kerala Blood Bank / MPlus / M Plus
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. demonstrates leadership across transfusion medicine and is committed to providing better solutions for our customer in order to generate better patient outcomes. We recognize how critical a blood banker’s job is, and that is why we are delivering educational references at your fingertips. For more information, please visit us on the Web at www.orthoclinical.com. Pocket Blood Banker is for residents of the United States of America and is intended for use by health care professionals working in the Blood Bank field.
The blood donation calculator computes the earliest possible date for the next donation, after entering the last blood donation dates.
The calculation rules are determined by the German Red Cross (Deutsches Rotes Kreuz).
How to use:
1. Select gender.
2. Add your last blood donation dates (for best results: men - last 6 dates, women - last 4 dates).
3. The next possible blood donation date will be calculated after each new input and appears in the in the first line of this application.
- HTC Desire
- HTC Desire HD
--Transfusion Guidelines: These guidelines are meant to serve as a foundational basis for determining whether or not to transfuse a patient. Guidelines for transfusion are provided for Red Blood Cells (RBC), Apheresis Platelets, Plasma, Cryoprecipitate and specialty products including washed RBCs and Albumin-Resuspended Platelets.
--Transfusion Reactions: This material provides guidance on the recognition, investigation and management of acute adverse reactions to blood components.
--Informed Consent and Patient Education: This material addresses the process of informed consent and patient education required prior to the administration of blood products in non-emergent settings.
The app. is designed to be a concise reference tool with easy to use tabs and multifunctional pages for a clear and responsive result to your search. BloodSmart has designed this app to be a guidance to provide a safer and more effective transfusion.
BloodSmart® is a comprehensive patient blood management program offered through personal consultation and web-based tools. Developed by California-based BloodSource, a leading not-for-profit blood center, BloodSmart® offers hospitals a tailored, hands-on program created and provided by an internationally recognized medical team with decades of transfusion management experience.
BloodSmart® improves patient safety and outcomes by providing consultation regarding the type, mix and amount of blood products related to patient need. The expertise of the BloodSmart® team can lead to faster recovery times and shortened hospital stays. These results are better for patients and help decrease overall costs related to transfusion medicine.
If you're a Basque Country's blood donor, with this application you can find the place where the donor bus is located. It allows you to search both by date and city and displays a map with its exact location.
It also includes a donation history and a form with user data, including the donors card number so it's always handy. It also keeps track of the time required to donate blood again and shows a notification when the user is ready to donate.
Basically our idea is if a smart phone and internet can help us to share various photographs, videos and text immediately to our well wishers, friends, family members, then why can not we share Blood through this.
Yes you have read it right. We are planning to share blood to needy people. Basic idea behind this application is whenever we require a blood in any case of emergency within span of minutes you should be able to reach to multiple users mentioning that you in urgent need of blood.
We simply say Blood 4 India, contact us whenever required. With this simple mobile application with innovative idea, you can get in contact of multiple people at a same time when ever you are in need of Blood. There are people who are ready to help in case of emergency.
-From RateMyProfessor.com (http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1589133)
“OK -- you just saved my life.... I had read the text on this process 5 times and was so confused and frustrated that my heart rate was going up....(LOL). However, after watching your 3-part tutorial, I COMPLETELY GET IT......... THANK-YOU so much... Your descriptions are simple, and I love the tips on how to remember things and also how to deduce the answers on the "test" that you showed. Can't say enough..... you took me from "ready-for-tears" to "ready-for-cheers."”
-From YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwPQxKvwVE)
Cardiac Blood Flow is my second app created in teaching Anatomy & Physiology (Endocrine was the first). This is the first app in a future series of Cardiac apps that I am creating. Future Cardiac apps include: The Cardiac Cycle, Cardiac Action Potentials, ECG and more!
I designed this app to simulate a SHORT, yet INFORMATIVE, online course for your own PERSONAL use on the go, WITHOUT WiFi needed!
The introduction video shows you how to use the app when you first launch it. Start off with the first VIDEO of 11 videos. The videos are short (under 5 minutes) and since they are stored on your device you can scroll backwards or forwards as you like. I use mnemonics and HELPFUL TECHNIQUES to memorize the material, not just for exams, but to truly UNDERSTAND the material. After a short video lesson, watch another short video with 2 – 3 questions on the previous lesson. After reading the question, pause the video and try to solve the question, then resume the video to see me WALK YOU THROUGH how to solve the problem!
Move onto the FLASH CARDS that are organized by video numbers! If the 24 flash card questions and 14 video questions are not enough, then you have 20 more multiple choice QUIZ questions to attempt for a total of 58 QUESTIONS ON BLOOD FLOW! Each multiple choice question is followed by EXPLANATIONS to your right or wrong answer!
After a video you can access the NOTES section to go over the high yield points of the video. The notes are also great review quickly before an exam with screen shots of helpful diagrams from the videos!
In the MORE section you can read more about me, contact me and link to my online website. Be sure to STAY CONNECTED through my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter sites that can also be accessed in this section!
Currently I am in medical school and I understand that being a student is a time in life where we have little money and little time. Many people are also working and raising families. Even if you are just a student without those responsibilities, I am sure you would enjoy more time to enjoy the rest of life!
That is why I am on a mission to create cheap and AFFORDABLE learning tools that MINIMIZE the amount of time needed to study yet are very INFORMATIVE and break things down. I take the textbook material and break it down into short videos with helpful learning techniques. I want to SIMPLIFY LIFE so you have time to ENJOY THE FINER MOMENTS OF LIFE.
This app is for ANYONE interested to know how blood flows through the heart! From high school, to college, to nursing, to medical school, to other health professions and also the common day person who wants to LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HEART so when they go to the doctor they know what is going on!
Please rate this app and send me your comments and suggestions. Always looking to provide top quality education! All the best with your endeavors!
By downloading A Vet Tool you are getting five fully featured applications. The five applications are accessible through an easy to use tab based interface.
- The first application is a complete small animal (cat and dog) drug formulary with over 650 drugs. The drugs can be accessed quickly with the android fast scroll or by using the search function. Each drugs lists the indications and appropriate drug dosages in a format perfectly suited for the Android Platform. When compared to the price of a printed pocket formulary this function alone makes A Vet Tool a great value!
- The second application contains common blood value lab results for birds, cats, cattle, dogs, ferrets, guinea pigs, horses, and turtles.
- The third application is a collection of x-ray comparisons such as a good knee versus an OA knee.
- The fourth application contains nine calculators:
• Math calculator with memory function, the memory is saved even when the app is exited.
• Conversion calculator that performs common conversions that a veterinary professional must do on a daily basis. It includes weight units (Kg, gram, mg, μg, ounce, lb), liquid units (Liter, dL, mL, ounce, tsp, tbsp, cc) and temperature units (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin).
• Age calculator which takes a birth date as the input and outputs the age in years, months, weeks, and days.
• Gestation calculator which can calculate the estimated birth date of several different species.
• Fluid rate calculator which can calculate the ml/hour for fluids.
• Dosage calculator to calculate how much mg of a drug should be given based on the patient's weight.
• Body surface area calculator for dogs and cats.
• Energy Requirements calculator for dogs and cats.
• Transfusion calculator to determine the volume of donor blood needed
- The fifth application is a great notepad. Notes can be added, deleted, and edited at any time.
A Vet Tool was created with the assistance of several veterinary professionals and will provide anyone in the veterinary field or interested in the veterinary field a great value for their Android Device.
Reference values and diferencial diagnosis for bloos tests used in the small animal veterinary.
Red Blood Cells
MCV - Mean Corpuscular Volume
MCH - Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin
MCHC - Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration
NUTRIENTS AND METABOLITES:
BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen)
ALT - Alanine Aminotransferase
AST - Aspartate Aminotransferase
FA - Alkaline Phosphatase
CK - Creatine Kinase
ELECTROLYTES AND METALS:
Williams Manual of Hematology, is a concise and easy-to-navigate compilation of the pathogenic, diagnostic, and therapeutic essentials of blood cell and coagulation protein disorders. Referenced to the classic Williams Hematology, this reference has been carefully edited to deliver only the most clinical point-of-care facts.
// Key Features:
• NEW full-color design includes images of blood and clinical specimans conveniently appearing near the descriptive text
• EXANDED COVERAGE of all the lymphomas, genetics and genomics
• NEW coverage of frontline therapies
• EXPANDED coverage of targeted and monocional therapies for hematological disease
• Carefully edited to present only the most clinical, point-of-care facts
• Includes 9 interactive flowcharts which act as step-by-step decision support tool
• Covering both common and uncommon blood disorders, this complete guide includes sections on:
• Disorders of red cells
• Disorders of granulocytes
• Disorders of monocytes and macrophages
• The clonal myeloid disorders
• The polyclonal lymphoid diseases
• The clonal lymphoid and plasma cell diseases
• Disorders of platelets and hemostasis
• Disorders of coagulation proteins
• Transfusion and hemapheresis
• Covers both common and uncommon blood disorders
// Unique Features
• Full color images: This product includes images that help bring the content to life.
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of 250+ terminologies related to Pathology with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand terms used in Pathology.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search keyword using title and application content
- Add term to your favorite list
- Share the term to your friends and family through email, FaceBook and twitter
- Change the font size for better reading experience
- View history - Random display of terms
This is the official American Red Cross Club at The Ohio State University application. The mission of the club is to coordinate university programs that further the goals of the American Red Cross, promote a culture of volunteering amongst students, educate students about the importance and fundamental principles of the American Red Cross, and cultivate lasting friendships.
Use this application to find out when and where all campus blood drives are located. You can also calculate the next day you are eligible to donate using the eligibility checker. Use the map to view the locations of blood drives and filter drives by date.
STAY IN THE LOOP
This application can also be used to stay up to date on all of the happenings of the club. Find out meeting times as well as other volunteer opportunities.
Do you want to find real gems in the outdoors? Then Gem Hunter PRO is the app for you! Once thought as a complicated activity, Gem Hunting can now be an interesting and exciting hobby without the need of expensive and sophisticated equipment.
Gem Hunter PRO enables you to search for REAL gemstones and valuable jewels in the United States covering Idaho, California, Oregon and Washington with your GPS enabled phone.
This cool app maps over 2000 GPS coordinates of places to find gems, making it a perfect tool for all the rockhounds out there in America!
Purposely made for user's convenience, Gem Hunter PRO also includes helpful information such as identifying the land owner class and the type of gem that can be found in such area. The best thing is, Gem Hunter PRO is only $2.99 USD!
Download this app now and enjoy hunting for real gem deposits through your phone!
Precious Metals and Minerals included:
Actinolite, Albite, Amethyst, Apache Tears, Aquamarine, Calcite, Carnelian, Gold, Cinnabar, Copper, Diamond, Feldspar, Fossils, Garnet, Geodes, Hematite, Jade, Jasper, Malachite, Mica, Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Quartz,Petrified Wood, Pyrite, Crystals, Rhodonite, Silver, Soapstone, Sunstone, Talc, Thunderegg, Tiger's Eye, Topaz, Zeolites, Zircon.
HortChat is an interactive community web site in which you can get information on garden and plant tips, ask questions and make comments.
I would like to personally welcome you to the site. My name is Kris and I will be your host. I have a degree in horticulture and have studied and worked with plants for many years. I have also volunteered as a Master Gardener for 17 years.
At Hortchat, we share the trials and tribulations of gardening and growing plants. We may not know everything but we’ll try our best to help. If you have a suggestion or solution to a gardening / plant problem , we would like to hear about it. We are interested in giving folks the best gardening tips and creating a great community of expert gardeners!
Main Topics of Discussion Include:
Endless Summer Hydrangea
Morning Glory Vine
Seasonal Plant tips
Squash vine borer
West Nile virus
Come check us out at HortChat.com
Swimming & Diving
Track & Field
Why Pet of Kings?
Cichlids (pronounced sick-lids) are a large family of freshwater fish prized and adored for their beautiful coloration. They are amongst the most diverse and specialized group of fish in the world. There are estimates of about 1300 or more species of this kind of fish, with a staggering number of color and size combinations. Many people have probably encountered a cichlid without even knowing it. Freshwater angelfish and oscars, both common aquarium fishes, are actually cichlids.
Most cichlids being displayed in aquariums nowadays can be classified into two categories: New World cichlids and African cichlids. New World cichlids are further divided and are often referred to as South and Central American cichlids. There are many different species and sub species of each group. They are a hardy, easy to care for fish species and they tend to have vivid colors. This characteristic is what initially attracts fish collectors and hobbyist to cichlids.
African cichlids come from three lakes in Africa: Lake Malawi, Lake Tanginika, and Lake Victoria. Lake Malawi is Africa’s third largest and second deepest lake. The 1000 species or more of Lake Malawi cichlids include some of the most beautiful fish in the world, fresh water or otherwise. African cichlids are known for their beautiful patterns and array of colors that are not typical to most freshwater fish. No other group of freshwater fish are more colorful than African cichlids. These fish are simply fascinating to observe and they will amaze you with their social behavior and the degree of intelligence they possess.
The cichlids of East Africa are renowned for their proliferation. With very few exceptions, African cichlids, especially those from Lake Malawi, are among the easiest aquarium fish to breed. Cichlids readily adapt to captivity, and that is why many species are available in local pet shops. They are very hardy fish, which makes them relatively easy to maintain. This characteristic of cichlids have helped them survive introduction into new environments and geographic locations.
One cichlid that’s been introduced a lot is the Tilapia, a species which has been important to the human food supply for thousands of years. It is well documented that the Egyptians kept fish in aquaria, and hieroglyphics in the tombs of the Pharaohs very clearly describe the farming of tilapia in ancient Egypt from 2500 BC. However, with its bland coloration, Tilapias are more known to be a food source rather than an aquarium fish.
African cichlids have very interesting behaviors. Most are what’s called “maternal mouth brooders,” that is, the mothers carry eggs and young in their mouths. Once a male has fertilized the eggs, the female will pick them up, and incubate them in her mouth for a period of 3 weeks to 31 days, depending upon the species. Many researchers believe that this behavior is an advancement in the evolution of reproductive methods, since it provides further protection to the offspring during a delicate period of their development. Even after the young have been released, the mother will frequently take them back up into her mouth when they are threatened.
In general, African cichlids are more aggressive than their New World counterparts. African cichlids are highly predatory and extremely territorial. In the wild, they often live together in groups or schools of like species. Mature cichlids guard their territory and they are not hospitable and may even behave aggressively to other fish, including cichlids of different species.
English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Arabic, Greek, Bulgarian, Czech, Irish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian.