• Convenient, easy appointment scheduling and rescheduling
• Receive appointment reminders
• View donation history to see how many lives you’ve helped save
• Get geo-targeted blood shortage alerts let you know if your blood type is needed in your area
• Take a selfie of your heroic donation and share with friends and family using one of a variety of filters
• Claim rewards from participating retailers for your donation efforts
• Track your blood via Blood Journey and get notified when your blood has reached a hospital (when available)
• Join or create a lifesaving team based around your favorite organization (school, business, sports team, etc.) or create your own, recruit others and view rankings on a national scoreboard
• Earn unique badges to proudly share your achievements via social media, text, or email whether you’re a first-timer or a gallon donor
• If your donation history doesn't appear or for account sign up/login help - call 855 210 1278
Copyright © 2014 The American National Red Cross
Blood Donors Data bank of Kerala (Search based on Blood Group, District and Panchayat).
Send blood requests to MPulse users. All users will get notification about your blood request. Respond directly to the sender.
Share received blood requests to social medias.
Edit / change your personal data as a blood donor.
Details of Hospitals in Kerala and Manglore..
Hospitals' Rout Map.
Find Hospitals around your current location..
Search district wise blood banks in Kerala..
Ambulance numbers in each districts..
Tips for blood donors..
Other help line numbers..
Also, you can register your name as a blood donor..
Our aim is to make this app a wide network of Blood Donors in Kerala and a perfect health application.
Previously this application's name was Kerala Blood Bank / MPlus / M Plus
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. demonstrates leadership across transfusion medicine and is committed to providing better solutions for our customer in order to generate better patient outcomes. We recognize how critical a blood banker’s job is, and that is why we are delivering educational references at your fingertips. For more information, please visit us on the Web at www.orthoclinical.com. Pocket Blood Banker is for residents of the United States of America and is intended for use by health care professionals working in the Blood Bank field.
"Mobile Blood Bank" is an project that brings voluntary blood donors and those in need of blood on to a common platform. Through this website, we seek donors who are willing to donate blood, as well as provide the timeliest support to those in frantic need of it.
Our mission is to fulfill every blood request in the country with a promising web portal and motivated individuals who are willing to donate blood.
Our vision is to be “The hope of every Indian in search of a voluntary blood donor”
Our motto - “Donate blood to save the most precious human life”
A number of blood bank available in today's world. However none of them offer the capability for a direct contact between the donor and recipient. This is a major drawback particularly in cases where there is an urgent need of blood. This project aims to overcome this communication barrier by providing a direct link between donor and the recipient.
Today, in the developed world, most blood donors are unpaid volunteers (voluntary non-remunerated repeat donations, VNRD) who donate blood for a community supply. In poorer countries, established supplies are limited and donors usually give blood when family or friends need a transfusion (directed donation).
Many donors donate as an act of charity, but in countries that allow paid donation some donors are paid, and in some cases there are incentives other than money such as paid time off from work. Donors can also have blood drawn for their own future use (autologous donation). Donating is relatively safe, but some donors have bruising where the needle is inserted or may feel faint.
Potential donors are evaluated for anything that might make their blood unsafe to use. The screening includes testing for diseases that can be transmitted by a blood transfusion, including HIV and viral hepatitis. The donor must also answer questions about medical history and take a short physical examination to make sure the donation is not hazardous to his or her health. How often a donor can give varies from days to months based on what he or she donates and the laws of the country where the donation takes place.
The amount of blood drawn and the methods vary. The collection can be done manually or with automated equipment that only takes specific portions of the blood. Most of the components of blood used for transfusions have a short shelf life, and maintaining a constant supply is a persistent problem. This has led to some increased interest in autotransfusion, whereby a patient's blood is salvaged during surgery for continuous reinfusion — or alternatively, is "self-donated" prior to when it will be needed. (Generally, the notion of "donation" does not refer to giving to one's self, though in this context it has become somewhat acceptably idiomatic).
What's more you can share with your friends that you've done something amazing and given blood using our new share on Facebook option.
Want to get in touch?
*Unfortunately this app can’t be used by platelet donors or those taking part in the INTERVAL research study
**Please note that this app is for use by Donors who book appointments for sessions in England and North Wales.
The blood donation calculator computes the earliest possible date for the next donation, after entering the last blood donation dates.
The calculation rules are determined by the German Red Cross (Deutsches Rotes Kreuz).
How to use:
1. Select gender.
2. Add your last blood donation dates (for best results: men - last 6 dates, women - last 4 dates).
3. The next possible blood donation date will be calculated after each new input and appears in the in the first line of this application.
- HTC Desire
- HTC Desire HD
Local Blood Bank serves you to find the donar in your nearest place based on your current location. and also people can request emergency through post emergency option.
Para que nossos pacientes não façam parte desta triste estatística, devemos fazer a nossa parte, indicando tratamentos eficazes e propagando medidas de segurança igualmente importantes no manejo de infecções ! E tudo isso você encontra no GUIA DE ANTIMICROBIANOS !
Um aplicativo completo sobre o tema, como nenhum outro em nosso país ! Não se iluda... o guia de antimicrobianos mais conhecido mundialmente, embora elaborado de forma muito cuidadosa, contém diversas falhas nas indicações para o tratamento de nossos pacientes; afinal, o perfil de sensibilidade a antimicrobianos de agentes etiológicos varia muito de país para país. Assim, para uma maior eficácia na indicação terapêutica, só mesmo conhecendo os agentes que infectam nossa população...
No GUIA DE ANTIMICROBIANOS você encontra:
- Indicações terapêuticas para mais de 500 infecções diferentes, em adultos e crianças, todas baseadas em consensos BRASILEIROS, das sociedades de especialidade reconhecidamente qualificadas (Soc. Brasileira de Cardiologia, Soc. Bras. Pediatria, Soc. Bras. Pneumologia e Tisiologia, Soc. Bras. Otorrinolaringologia etc).
- PROFILAXIAS EM CIRURGIA - indicações de acordo com o tipo de cirurgia; o antimicrobiano adequado, no tempo certo e administrado no momento ideal... a chave para reduzir complicações infecciosas no pós-operatório !
- GUIA DE DROGAS ATUALIZADO, com cerca de 100 bulas resumidas dos antimicrobianos, com informações como: Princípio ativo, Nomes Comerciais, Indicações, Precauções, Doses Pediátricas e para Adultos, Efeitos Adversos e ainda MODO DE DILUIÇÃO E ADMINISTRAÇÃO, CORREÇÃO PARA INSUFICIÊNCIA RENAL, CLASSIFICAÇÃO DE RISCO NA GRAVIDEZ E NA LACTAÇÃO, entre outras informações imprescindíveis.
- EXTRA: textos elaborados por uma equipe multiprofissional, composta por médicos, enfermeiros, farmacêuticos e microbiologistas, com informações preciosas como:
.GUIA FARMACOLÓGICO ATUALIZADO com informações sobre todas as classes de medicamentos usadas em nosso país (antibacterianos, antimicobacterianos, antifúngicos, antihelmínticos, antiprotozoários, antivirais...), com explicações sobre o mecanismo de ação de diversos medicamentos;
.BACTÉRIAS MAIS COMUNS - texto que classifica as 180 bactérias mais comumente envolvidas em infecções em humanos;
.ORIENTAÇÕES - para profilaxia em casos de: Tétano, Raiva, Acidentes com Risco Biológico, Aspergilose Invasiva;
. PRECAUÇÕES E ISOLAMENTOS - algumas infecções exigem cuidados especiais para que não ocorra contágio acidental. Quando e como fazer "ISOLAMENTO DE CONTATO"? Que tipo de "ISOLAMENTO RESPIRATÓRIO" devo fazer para pacientes com BK ?... Saiba o que fazer e como fazer nas mais variadas situações !
Nosso aplicativo utilizou como referências bibliográficas, dentre outras, as seguintes publicações:
- SOCIEDADE BRASILEIRA DE PEDIATRIA. Curso de antimicrobianos na prática clínica pediátrica: guia prático para manejo no ambulatório, na emergência e na enfermaria, 2003.
- FACULDADE DE MEDICINA DA UNIVERSIDADE DE SAO PAULO. Guia de utilização de anti-infecciosos e recomendações para prevenção de infecções hospitalares. 4. ed. São Paulo: FMUSP, 2009-2011.
- TAVARES, W. Antibióticos e quimioterápicos para o clínico. 2. ed. Rio de Janeiro: Atheneu, 2009.
- DIRETRIZES brasileiras em pneumonia adquirida na comunidade em pediatria 2007. Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia, Brasília, v. 33 n. (Supll 1), p.S31-S50. 2007.
- DIRETRIZ BRASILEIRA DE VALVOPATIAS – Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia 2011 / I Diretriz Interamericana de Valvopatias – SIAC 2011 Arq Bras Cardiol 97(5 supl.1): 1-67, 2011.
This is the official American Red Cross Club at The Ohio State University application. The mission of the club is to coordinate university programs that further the goals of the American Red Cross, promote a culture of volunteering amongst students, educate students about the importance and fundamental principles of the American Red Cross, and cultivate lasting friendships.
Use this application to find out when and where all campus blood drives are located. You can also calculate the next day you are eligible to donate using the eligibility checker. Use the map to view the locations of blood drives and filter drives by date.
STAY IN THE LOOP
This application can also be used to stay up to date on all of the happenings of the club. Find out meeting times as well as other volunteer opportunities.
Swimming & Diving
Track & Field
Why Pet of Kings?
Cichlids (pronounced sick-lids) are a large family of freshwater fish prized and adored for their beautiful coloration. They are amongst the most diverse and specialized group of fish in the world. There are estimates of about 1300 or more species of this kind of fish, with a staggering number of color and size combinations. Many people have probably encountered a cichlid without even knowing it. Freshwater angelfish and oscars, both common aquarium fishes, are actually cichlids.
Most cichlids being displayed in aquariums nowadays can be classified into two categories: New World cichlids and African cichlids. New World cichlids are further divided and are often referred to as South and Central American cichlids. There are many different species and sub species of each group. They are a hardy, easy to care for fish species and they tend to have vivid colors. This characteristic is what initially attracts fish collectors and hobbyist to cichlids.
African cichlids come from three lakes in Africa: Lake Malawi, Lake Tanginika, and Lake Victoria. Lake Malawi is Africa’s third largest and second deepest lake. The 1000 species or more of Lake Malawi cichlids include some of the most beautiful fish in the world, fresh water or otherwise. African cichlids are known for their beautiful patterns and array of colors that are not typical to most freshwater fish. No other group of freshwater fish are more colorful than African cichlids. These fish are simply fascinating to observe and they will amaze you with their social behavior and the degree of intelligence they possess.
The cichlids of East Africa are renowned for their proliferation. With very few exceptions, African cichlids, especially those from Lake Malawi, are among the easiest aquarium fish to breed. Cichlids readily adapt to captivity, and that is why many species are available in local pet shops. They are very hardy fish, which makes them relatively easy to maintain. This characteristic of cichlids have helped them survive introduction into new environments and geographic locations.
One cichlid that’s been introduced a lot is the Tilapia, a species which has been important to the human food supply for thousands of years. It is well documented that the Egyptians kept fish in aquaria, and hieroglyphics in the tombs of the Pharaohs very clearly describe the farming of tilapia in ancient Egypt from 2500 BC. However, with its bland coloration, Tilapias are more known to be a food source rather than an aquarium fish.
African cichlids have very interesting behaviors. Most are what’s called “maternal mouth brooders,” that is, the mothers carry eggs and young in their mouths. Once a male has fertilized the eggs, the female will pick them up, and incubate them in her mouth for a period of 3 weeks to 31 days, depending upon the species. Many researchers believe that this behavior is an advancement in the evolution of reproductive methods, since it provides further protection to the offspring during a delicate period of their development. Even after the young have been released, the mother will frequently take them back up into her mouth when they are threatened.
In general, African cichlids are more aggressive than their New World counterparts. African cichlids are highly predatory and extremely territorial. In the wild, they often live together in groups or schools of like species. Mature cichlids guard their territory and they are not hospitable and may even behave aggressively to other fish, including cichlids of different species.
HortChat is an interactive community web site in which you can get information on garden and plant tips, ask questions and make comments.
I would like to personally welcome you to the site. My name is Kris and I will be your host. I have a degree in horticulture and have studied and worked with plants for many years. I have also volunteered as a Master Gardener for 17 years.
At Hortchat, we share the trials and tribulations of gardening and growing plants. We may not know everything but we’ll try our best to help. If you have a suggestion or solution to a gardening / plant problem , we would like to hear about it. We are interested in giving folks the best gardening tips and creating a great community of expert gardeners!
Main Topics of Discussion Include:
Endless Summer Hydrangea
Morning Glory Vine
Seasonal Plant tips
Squash vine borer
West Nile virus
Come check us out at HortChat.com