Update now for the new AAP Red Book app, featuring upgraded search and browse for quick answers, and an updated design to align with the newly enhanced Red Book Online site. The new app also includes more access to online features when your device is connected to the Internet and better capabilities to keep you on top of Red Book updates.
Quickly access critical, current information for diagnosis, treatment, and management of more than 200 infectious diseases, including drug dosing, immunization information and updates. Digital exclusive: Red Book Visual Library images to aid in diagnosis, epidemiology, vectors, and carriers!
● Complete content of the fully revised 29th edition (2012) of Red Book
● Fully searchable text
● Hundreds of images curated from the Red Book Visual Library for diagnosis and management
MOBILE VERSION FEATURES:
● In-context pop-up images
● Updates on news and errata
● Bookmark favorite and frequently used pages
ACCESS KEY RESOURCES:
● Immunization Schedules
● Vaccine Status Table
● Influenza Resource Page
***Requires subscription to Red Book Online and/or membership to the American Academy of Pediatrics to access content.
** NEW users interested in Pediatric Care Online, please visit www.pediatriccareonline.org **
Pediatric Care Online is a practical and convenient resource integrating a full range of essential pediatric-specific clinical information and premier patient education content. This innovative and dynamic tool includes a wealth of point-of-care references, tools, videos, handouts, and more.
The Pediatric Care Online app enables you to download key resources including the Point-of-Care Quick Reference, Red Book, Interactive Periodicity Schedule, and Pediatric Drug Lookup for fast, offline access. When connected to mobile data or WiFi, link seamlessly to the other features and content on the mobile-responsive site through the in-app browser. Content is updated regularly, so you always have the latest evidence-based recommendations and tools.
Pediatric Care Online now gives you MORE of the trusted answers you and your patients expect, with a greater combination of content, including
The trusted content of the original Pediatric Care Online,
The complete Red Book Online—the definitive source for pediatric infectious disease diagnosis and treatment
The exclusive Pediatric Patient Education library with more than 350 pediatric-specific patient handouts—most in English and Spanish.
Pediatric Care Online is packed with top resources
Point-of-Care Quick Reference—with more than 240 select topics taken from the AAP Textbook of Pediatric Care outlined for quick and easy access.
AAP Textbook of Pediatric Care—providing a wealth of expert guidance spanning every aspect of current clinical practice with more than 3,000 page of content.
Bright Futures—complete with comprehensive health supervision guidelines for well-child visits
AAP Policy—browse and search the latest AAP policy statements, clinical practice guidelines, and technical reports.
Common Pediatric Medical Procedures video series—featuring the 13 Pediatric Procedural Skills required by the ACGME designed to leverage the power of video-based learning to provide physicians with essential training on how to perform medical procedures in the office or hospital settings.
Timely webinars and Pediatric Care Updates—keeping you current and abreast of the latest information and content.
And the latest tools to help provide optimal patient care.
Pediatric Drug Lookup
Antimicrobial Therapy Guide
Interactive Periodicity Schedule
Algorithms and clinical calculators
Visual libraries with more than 3,000 images
Forms and tools to help screen, track, and record clinical information
● Convenient gallery of AAP web links.
● Updates and messages from AAP when new information and apps are available
● Drag icons into the Favorites row for quick access to the resources you use most often
● Education materials and articles
SINGLE SIGN-ON ACCESS TO AAP SITES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS:
● Pediatric Care Online
● Red Book Online
● Patient Education Online
● My AAP
● Pediatrics and Pediatrics Weekly
● Other AAP journals
Links to all free and subscription-based AAP apps, websites, and articles will appear on the app’s main screen, giving you direct access to your free and subscription resources. Clicking a link that requires a purchase or subscription will take you to the app store where you can purchase if desired.
● Find a Pediatrician search tool
● Ask the Pediatrician forum for your questions
● Healthy Children Magazine
● Videos, articles, and resources
● Updates and messages from the AAP delivered directly to device
● Access to HealthyChildren.org newsletters
● Updates on new information and available apps
Links to available AAP apps will appear on the app’s main screen, giving you direct access to your AAP apps. Clicking an icon for an app you don’t yet have will take you to the app store where you can purchase if desired.
● Access your AAP eBooks at any time, even offline
● Rapidly search across the individual titles or the entire collection.
● Full text, visuals, and data tables.
● Find proven clinical and parenting solutions faster
● Spend less time researching vital reference information.
● Access to over 130 books in the AAP eBook Store to purchase and add your pediatric collection
● Stay up-to-date via automatic access to new AAP editions and titles as they appear.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is the leading pediatric publisher. With titles in both print and electronic formats, covering all areas of health care for children, AAP Publications are among the most respected and frequently referenced in the world. Throughout the last quarter-century, AAP Publications have been impacting the practice and clinical application of pediatric medicine worldwide.
Edited by Robert A. Saul, MD, FAAP, based on the AAP manual Medical Genetics in Primary Care, PediaGene is free to AAP Members through July 1, 2014, thanks to the support of Friends of Children.
• Track patients, including images
• Record family history and see areas of concern
• See screening questions using SCREEN and FGENES for family history and anomalies
• Red flag alerts for When to Refer
• Link to American College of Medical Genetics’ ACT sheets to understand newborn screening anomalies
• Key tables from the manual, including genetic conditions by ethnicity
• Image gallery of genetic anomalies
• Key resources for referral and treatment
AAP Patient Education: HealthyGrowth gives care providers the unique ability to create custom handouts for parents on vital topics of healthy growth, nutrition, and physical activity for children 5 years of age and younger. Handouts are targeted to the patient and the particular topics and goals of greatest interest to the parent, from breastfeeding and solid foods to screen time and sleep.
Handouts can be personalized with the child’s name and customized by:
• Age and Gender
• English or Spanish
• Provider’s custom notes
• Topics of interest
Routines & Schedules
Plus, the provider can utilize essential tools for effective communication:
• Print or email the handout for the parent
• Include practice name, logo, and contact information
• Complete implementation guide for the Healthy Active Living for Families program
Add Goal Setting to motivate older children to strive for 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, 2 or less hours of screen time, 1 or more hours of physical activity, and 0 sugary beverages.