Enables the "double tap to wake" feature that the Nexus 6 shipped with. It requires root, so you must unlock your bootloader and root before using this.
The built in implementation of double tap to wake isn't perfect. Some users have indicated that if their device has been sleeping for a while, it isn't always reliable. It is very unlikely to cause harm to your Nexus 6, but extensive longterm testing has not yet been done. By downloading now, you are accepting the liability if something were to go wrong. Please let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.
* Enhanced error checking.
* If a non rooted device opens this application, it should no longer crash.
* Small formatting changes.
* Settings now persist through reboot.
* Changed name from "Doubletap to Unlock" to "Doubletap to Wake".
* Updated Icon. Doesn't look amazing, but it's better than it was.
* Updated some text.
* Implemented the ability to turn on or off Double Tap to Wake
[users reported working: Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, LG Optimus G, Motorola Razr, LG Optimus L4, HTC One X, Sony Ericsson WT19i, LG Motion 4G, Samsung Galaxy Note I, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Moto X, Motorola Droid Bionic, Huawei U8860, LG Optimus L7/P700, HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE, Motorola Droid Razr HD, HTC Sensation]
This application uses the LED of the camera at the back of the phone as an flashlight.
Nexus Flashlight is simple, but beautiful. Overview:
-Keep the LED on when switching the application or locking the screen.
-Create a notification for fast off-switching of the LED when not in the application itself.
-Turn on the LED on application start to save even more time.
-It is fast. You do not have to wait for multiple seconds to start the LED flash.
-Resizable Widget: Turn on the LED right from your homescreen
-Put the widget on your lockscreen (Android 4.2 only)
-Customizable widget to make it look like a standard app shortcut in order to integrate it nicer with other app shortcuts on your homescreen(*) [DOES NOT WORK ON THE NEXUS 5]
-Shortcut to quickly toggle the LED without opening the main application
-Customizable widget text size (Android 4.1.2+ only)
The standard size of the widget is 1x1. However, it can be resized to any size you like. Just tap and hold the widget and resize afterwards.
(*) Supported launchers are: Default launcher (AOSP), Nova Launcher, Nova Launcher HD, Holo Launcher, Holo Launcher HD, Apex Launcher.
However, in landscape, text below the customized widget is only supported on Nova Launcher, because the others mess up the layout in landscape.
Note: If you use the "Mimic launcher shortcut" option, the widget icon will not resize, if you enlarge the widget. Only use this option if you intent to use the widget as 1x1.
-Camera - take pictures and videos: Needed to start the camera and turn on the led. Controlling the led is not possible without access to the camera. There are no pictures taken and they could not be uploaded, because there is no permission request to access the internet.
-Prevent phone from sleeping: This is needed to prevent some devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S3) from turning off the LED automatically when turning off the screen.
** If you encounter any issues, please send a message to my email address. **
● Locate Android devices associated with your Google account
● Reset your device's screen lock PIN
● Erase all data on the phone
If you want to copy or open files, please get the full version.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager allows you to open and copy files from any USB mass storage device with a FAT32 or NTFS filesystem using the USB OTG port of your device, tablet or phone.
With a FAT32 filesystem, you can copy files to any USB mass storage device and manage your files on it (edit filenames, add directories, delete files) too.
You can also manage your files in the internal memory of your device.
This application has been designed for Nexus products which have an USB "OnTheGo" port, as the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, and the brand new Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. But it could work on any device with an USB OTG port Under Android 4.0 or later, including the last Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Root privileges are NOT necessary!
For now, FAT32 filesystem is supported for data read and write, and NTFS filesystem is only supported for data read. You can use USB sticks or SD card readers with any compatible USB OTG cable.
*** NEW FEATURE ***
You can now play playlists (m3u and m3u8 files) and multiple audio files (mp3, aac, m4a, flac, ogg and wav files) at the same time from your USB OTG mass storage device. For that, you need to install my new app Simple Music Player which exists in two versions:
- Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kyuudroid.simplemusicplayer.free
- Paid version to support my developments and get some additional features in the future:
Once Simple Music Player is installed, select the files you want to play on your USB device, push the open button and select the Simple Music Player app.
This is a brand new feature, so if you have any issue, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail! Your feedback would be appreciated too.
*** FEATURES ***
Nexus USB OTG File Manager allows you to open your files directly from your USB device! You just need to have an app that can handle it. For audio and video, I advise you to use VLC.
The new Network Access authorization is only here for local use to be able to open the files. The app NEVER send or receive data to/from Internet.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager supports devices with multiple logical units (like a GPS with an internal memory and an additional SD card) and allows you to choose which logical unit you want to read.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager now includes an "Advanced Mode" which allows you to access to all the files of your device. You can now create files and directories outside of the official Android public directories. This is for advanced users only!
This is not an official Google application. Nexus brand is the property of Google.
You can also browse the SD card folder directory, manage your android files through your computer after using wifi connection. you can find all these magic function in this app.
* Classify to display Music, video, pictures, documents, zip files, android app install files. Now you can easily find all the same type documents in one file list;
* Easy to delete, move, copy, paste and share files;
* Browse your phone SD card folder directory;
* After create Wifi connection, you can use the wireless management. Through your computer to complete file operations, such as delete, copy, move, upload and so on;
* Add current file folder to the favorite list
* Easy to share your files through the third part app. File Manager has Integrated all types of cloud storage service, send and share your files is no longer difficulty now.
Available on all devices with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later.
• Google Now on your home screen - it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “Ok Google” - when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
• Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
Some features are unavailable in some areas.
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
When you can’t find the right thing to say, you don’t have to write at all. The new Google Keyboard supports hundreds of emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app (Android 4.4 and up).
• Material design themes
• Personalized suggestions, corrections, and completions
• Keypress popup animations
• Emoji entry point and layouts (Android 4.4 and up)
• Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
• Space-aware Gesture Typing: just gesture through the space bar
• Voice Typing
• Dictionaries for more than 25 languages
• Advanced keyboard layouts
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
All apps are supported in the full version, click on the plus button on the top and add the missing.
This app is very simple to use and not much configuration is needed!
✔ Works with latest Android Lollipop Version
✔ individual settings for each app, e. g. blink rate, vibration, sounds and repeats
✔ light and dark color scheme
✔ export/import settings (no lost settings when you install new ROMS/mods)
✔ Silent mode for every day (enable it for the night to stop blinking
✔ widget to deactivate LED Blinker/remove notifications quickly
✔ Screen LED for phones without real LED
Examples for apps with notifications:
✔ missed calls and sms
✔ Battery status (LED notification for low battery, < 10%)
✔ Google Mail
✔ Google Talk/Google Hangouts
✔ Calendar reminder notifications
✔ Standard EMail App
✔ SNOView - Social Network Overview notification
✔ Facebook messages
✔ WhatsApp messages
✔ Skype messages
✔ Bluetooth messages (LED goes on when bluetooth is active)
✔ Alternative On-Screen-LED
✔ Twitter, Threema (now with group support), Facebook Messenger and so on.
* AndroidHeadLines: 'LED Blinker is an Android app that aims to make it much easier to help you figure out which notification is which'.
Unlike other apps in this category you don't need 'ROOT' access to use LED Blinker and this app is very battery friendly!
All rights are needed to run the app, lesser are not possible.
The new right to write to SD card it needed for error reports (check menu extras: Debug mode), please send it to email@example.com if you have found an error.
Please try out the lite version at first to see if your hardware LED works (on screen LED is always working!).
LEDBlinker Notifications has no internet permission, your data is safe!!!
Please check device specific hints at the end!
Fast support is very important for me! (Look at the ratings, thanks to all people!)
If you have problems please do a full re-install and/or reboot your phone.
Otherwise contact me at Facebook/Google+/Email to get help.
Warning: If your phone speaks after install (Samsung S4, S3, S3 Mini, S2, Note1, Note2, Note3, LG Nexus 4) you have to disable Samsung TTS (text-to-speech) under settings -> apps manager -> all (on the right) and Google TTS (text-to-speech).
Only needed when you use the accessiblity service!
Another solution to fix talkback issue:
You can change the launcher by using another one from the Google Play Store. For example, Solo Launcher - Swift & Smart, Nova Launcher, Go Launcher and Holo Launcher. These launchers will not exhibit this bug.
For Samsung S4 users: If your phone speaks when opening your browser you have to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox.
Hint HTC users: Your phone is NOT supported, you have to use the on screen led!
Sony Phones: Please disable stamina mode in your device settings.
Let your led glow with different colors!
It also allows you to set repeating sounds on vibration patterns for you notifications. You can also set a "sleep" mode or "on charge" where the lights and/or sounds and vibrations will not be heard or seen. If you've come from a Blackberry device and miss the features of BeBuzz / BerryBuzz then give LightFlow a try!
This program will allow you to control the notification color for the over 600 applications and system events such as:
* Missed calls
* Voice mail
* Calendar reminders
* SMS messages
* MMS messages
* Low battery
* No signal
* Google talk
...and many many more
See our website for a full list of applications supported:
It allows the colors to flash in succession, so if you have a new SMS and a missed call it can alternate between the two colors. You can also set which notification type has the highest priority and let it flash in just that one color.
It'll even push notifications out to your pebble smart watch, Sony smart Watch and the DashClock lock screen extension.
For a full changelog see here: For a full changelog see here:
For a full list of permissions required and why see here:
Samsung phones when accessibility is enabled may cause the phone to start talking, warnings about air view and a few other issues. These are confirmed samsung bugs (see here: http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=GeneralB&messageId=204387) but the app can be run without the accessibility service and still work (but with a reduced notification list)
Not all phones support all colors.
For example: Most HTC phones only support 3 colors and require "Rooting" and running the app in "direct mode"
Some phones can only light up the notification while the screen is off.
Some phones cannot have their notification light always on
Some phones cannot have their notification blink and it will always be on
Note that it will take over control of your notifications and you will therefore only get notifications for categories that the app allows.
★ We recommend you try the "lite" version first before purchasing to avoid any disappointment if it doesn't work for you. Some phones require root privileges to access the LEDs. ★
★ For the differences between this version and the lite version see here: http://www.reactle.com/p/features.html ★
★ If after updating you have problems we recommend you reboot your phone ★
** Most HTC phones require "direct mode" setting. Most gingerbread builds for HTC phones require root access due to HTC changing the permissions on the LED control files. **
** If upgrading from the "lite" version, please uninstall the lite version first but you can backup and restore settings between versions **
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
GalaxyNexus is available at the time of
"System Settings" - "display" - "Flushing notification light"
Please put a check.
In addition, LED emits light only when the Nexus is off the screen.
※ LED emission color is dependent on the specification of the models available.
You've rooted your device, and you are trying to decide between the security of relocking your bootloader (with stock recovery and USB Debugging off), and the flexibility of leaving it unlocked.
You know that in order to prevent an unauthorized user from accessing your data by flashing a custom recovery, "fastboot oem unlock" wipes your data. This also means that if you relock your bootloader, you will need to do a full backup-and-restore whenever you decide to unlock it again.
BootUnlocker for Nexus Devices lets you have the best of both worlds by using root privileges to unlock your bootloader from within Android, without wiping your data. This allows you to keep your bootloader locked for security, with this application safely protected behind your lockscreen password. Whenever you want to unlock or relock your bootloader, just unlock your screen and run BootUnlocker.
BootUnlocker for Nexus Devices_ is Open Source Software, licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
Source code is available on Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/boot-unlocker-gnex/
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
For support, you can:
* Open an issue on Google Code
* Join this app's discussion on XDA: http://bit.ly/BootUnlocker
* Email the developer
In order to use the proximity sensor simply install the application and enable monitoring service. Once it enabled you can turn on the screen by touching and releasing the proximity sensor.
In order to use soft-button for turning off the screen drag and drop the "WTN Turn Off" launcher from list of your applications to the home screen and press it. It may ask for "Device Administrator" activation for the first time. You have to activate it, otherwise it will not be able to turn off the screen.
As alternative way you can turn off the screen by pressing notification icon if it was enabled in settings.
IMPORTANT! You must deactivate Device Administration before uninstalling the app, otherwise you will not be able to uninstall it. You can do that directly from the application settings dialog (go to WTN Settings >> General Settings and uncheck the "Device Administrator" check-box) or you can do it directly from Settings dialog of your device (go to Settings >> Security >> Device administrators and uncheck the "Turn Off the Screen")
For common questions please see the G+ page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110175170624549847232
Tags: Proximity, Gravity, Screen, Display, On, Off, Wake Up