Great for testing Wifi!
* Mobile (4G/3G/Edge/GPRS...), roaming & WiFi usage counting
* Advanced data usage prediction
* Billing rules (counts in blocks, ignores uploads, exclude apps, exclude time periods, do not count 2G or 4G)
* Usage history with graph & CSV export
* Usage by application (Android 2.2+, unavailable on Dell Streak)
* Real Time traffic graphs (local, roaming and WiFi)
* Alerts & optional auto-disable of mobile network
* Data usage widget (2 sizes / 5 styles). Mobile network enable/disable widget (Android 2.3 - 4.4).
* Backup/restore with optional auto-backup
* "Holo" user interface
* Account per SIM with auto switch (requires a phone with a SIM - WARNING! may not work well with dual-SIM phones).
* Import settings & data from 3GW free (don't uninstall 3GW free before importing!)
Translated in over 20 languages.
* Doesn't count properly usage on Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (SM-G906S and SM-G901F) with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Please contact us for a refund, or if you want to help us to fix this problem.
* On Android 5.0+ the "Disable mobile network" function does not work (the mobile data switch widget and the auto-disable feature are both affected). This is because on Lollipop the enable/disable function is no longer accessible to third-party apps.
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself. You may try to check the "Calculate global usage from usage by app" advanced option as a possible workaround (feedback welcome).
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide. Same workaround as for the Galaxy Tab (see above).
If you run into problems and wish to help to solve the problem while giving the community a chance to get a better 3GW Pro, please send a mail to email@example.com with details.
-> See the FAQ at http://www.3gwatchdog.fr/en/faq
This suite of networks tools implements most of the network diagnostics that you need as a Network Engineer or System Administrator. This is our first version, please help us improve it by giving us feedback.
+ Interface Information: Get information regarding your devices current network state.
+ ARP / NDP: Resolve either IPv4 or IPv6 network layer addresses into link layer addresses.
+ Bonjour Browser: Browser mDNS/ZeroConf services on your Network.
+ Device Manager: Lookup local devices' MAC, NETBIOS, IP, and other information.
+ DNS lookup: Search for a servers DNS zone records such as SOA, NS, A, AAAA, MX, TXT, and rDNS.
+ IP Calculator: Calculate the Netmask, Wildcard, Network, Host range, and Broadcast for a given subnet.
+ Iperf (v2 and v3): Run TCP and UDP performance tests.
+ MAC Browser: Lookup the vendor name and address of an OUI.
+ Ping: Send ICMP packets to a single IPv6/v4 address.
+ Ping Sweep: Send ICMP packets to an entire subnet range.
+ Traceroute: Find the route packets take to reach your IPv6/v4 destination.
+ Progressive Traceroute: Get detailed statistics for a given IPv6/v4 route.
+ Port Scan: Scan a list of custom or pre-defined TCP ports on any IPv6/v4 server.
+ SSL/TLS Analyzer: Inspect SSL/TLS certificates of domain names.
+ Whois: Get information regarding domain registration, ASN, IP allocations and more.
+ NO ADS!
he.net's Network Tools are also available on IOS
The feature graphic is a derivative of "West Texas Lightning Storm" [https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffk/24820923] by jeffk, used under CC BY 2.0 [https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode].
• What’s wrong with my Wi-Fi today?
• How strong is my Wi-Fi signal?
• Is there evidence of wireless interference?
• Is the problem in the Wi-Fi connection, or out on the Internet (or corporate network)?
• Is the overall connection to the data center good enough to run my corporate apps?
For an admin guide, including instructions on setting up your Aruba network so mDNS (AirGroup) automatically configures target addresses for AirWave and iPerf servers (allowing the app as downloaded to work on different networks without user interverntion) see the Air Observer Admin Guide hosted on the Aruba Airheads Community web page http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Apps/New-Admin-Guide-for-the-AirO-Air-Observer-app/td-p/229749 (or go to community.arubanetworks.com and search for "AirO").
The top “Wi-Fi and Local Area Network” section of the screen displays three measurements that show the health of the Wi-Fi connection:
• Signal Strength or RSSI in dBm
We measure signal strength first because if it’s poor, there is no chance of getting a good connection. The remedy, in simple terms, is to get closer to the access point.
• Link Speed.
The usual cause of low link speeds is poor signal strength. But sometimes, even when signal strength is good, interference on the air from Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi sources reduces link speeds.
• Ping. This is the familiar ICMP echo test to the network’s default gateway.
A low link speed will often cause long ping times. If link speeds are good but pings slow, it may be a long way to the default gateway over a narrow broadband connection.
The lower section of the screen displays results from tests between the device and a server computer, usually in the corporate data center or on the Internet. The address of this server is chosen from a number configured in ‘settings' – but once chosen, only one server address is used for these tests.
• Ping. There is a ping measurement to this server. It is the same ping test as above, but because this one goes farther it will normally (but not always) take longer. Again, 20msec would be fast and 500 msec would be slow.
Some networks may block ICMP (ping) traffic. In this case, the Wide Area Network ping test will always fail, but normal (e.g. Web) traffic may pass.
• Speedtest. The next tests are ‘speedtests’. For this, we use the iPerf function (iPerf v2). In a corporate context, this should be an iPerf server instance set up somewhere in the core of the network, probably a data center. Because it is a (TCP) throughput test, the figures here will never be more than about 50% of the ‘link speed’ figure for the Wi-Fi connection. The iPerf client in the app is configured to run in bidirectional mode, first an upstream test then downstream.
1. Free Space Path Loss
2. Hata Model
3. COST-231 Model
4. ECC-33 Model
5. Ericsson Model
6. SUI Model
Input parameters include the frequency, transmit-receive separation, base station antenna height and mobile station antenna height. Output parameter is the Path Loss in dB. The application is also available in Desktop version.
- BSSID (MAC address)
- Supported cryptographic techniques
- Frequency and more info to supported cryptographic techniques (via popup)
• Listview sorting via level, channel or ssid
• Diagram for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Band
• Channel width options 2.4 GHz diagram (20 MHz, 22 MHz, 40 MHz)
• Channel width options 5 GHz diagram (20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz, 160 MHz)
This app will look best on a 7 inch tablet, but works on screens from Nexus One (3.7 inch) up.
The app provides a structure for the installer to record data about the installation:
- A bar-code scan can be used for serial number or MAC of the AP
- Text entry fields for AP name, serial number, MAC, location or notes about the installation
- Up to 3 photographs can be attached to the record. These can show details of the location or surroundings.
- If you have an AirWave network management server, you can download floorplans from it and indicate the position of the installed AP on the floorplan.
- If the device has GPS enabled, the lat & long of the install is recorded.
- If a simple street address lookup (from GPS) succeeds, the (approximate) street address is added.
At the end of an installation run, the list of AP information is emailed as a spreadsheet and a list of images: this can be archived as a permanent record and proof of each AP installed.
Don’t forget to email the results at the end of the run: there is no archive on the tablet.
(The AP Installer app uses an external bar-code app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android&hl=en . The first time a scan is initiated, it will prompt you to go to the Google Play Store and download the bar-code app. If you are wondering why the app is in landscape mode, the bar-code scanner app only works this way around).
It means it helps you track your plan as your carrier tracks it.
It provides you notifications and widget gauges to always know how much you've consumed and avoid crazy bills (we all pay much enough on mobile plans). TYP doesn't connect to your carrier, and instead uses the call log and phone statistics to estimate your plan consumption.
Online sync with your personal space on www.trackmyplan.com where you can share your consumption with the rest of your family (or whoever you want) and track it in real time through charts and statistics. Sync allows shared plan support (voice, texts, data).
Works for all countries and carriers : Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Sprint, O2, Orange, Vodafone, Virgin and more through manual configuration.
Download free carrier packs to get automatic plan configuration and accurate tariffs (if available for your country)
Similar to 3G Watchdog, Onavo, Phone usage or droidstats, but with all your plan (not just data).
Consumption statistics can be used in your Minimalistic Text widgets through "Locale variables".
- Quota (see screenshot)
- Choose which network interfaces to display (cell, wifi)
- More background colours
- More font colours
Is Data counter widget your favourite net counter and watchdog? Do you enjoy having control of your data traffic usage? Please donate a few dollars by buying this app. :-)
If you want to you can also donate using PayPal.
Known issue: There's a bug in Samsung Galaxy Note 3's latest firmware version that leads the device to not count Wi-Fi traffic.
Use WiFiPerf to test speed of WiFi network as experienced by tablet or mobile device.
Compatibility: WiFiPerf is based on iPerf3 version 3.0-BETA4 (2 Aug 2010) source code. Future updates to WiFiPerf will be compatible with iPerf 3.0.1 or newer.
It monitors network activity so that shows the current data transfer at a time.
The user first needs to define the following parameters:
- Data transfer limit
- The date of the commencement of the
- Frequency of checking
- The initial state
The application takes up very little space in the phone memory and its interface is very intuitive to use.
Widget image changes depending on mobile data state ( off/disconnect/connect ).
Widget style can be selected from "monkey", "cat", "droid" and "flat".
In application screen, you can check network usage which is aggregated on a daily or monthly basis. (*1)
By setting limits on mobile data usage, it is possible to turn off mobile data automatically when the mobile data usage has been reached the limit value.(*2,3)
It also can turn off mobile data automatically when phone screen goes off.
You can check network usage of each application. (*4)
By purchase the unlimit key, the following features can be enable.
* Color change of the character widgets.
* Use of mobile data usage widget.
* Setting of three days mobile data usage limit.
1. The shown usage is measured by your phone, actual network providers value may differ.
2. The limit of three days will be enabled after purchase the unlimit key.
3. If use large amounts of data at once, usage value may exceed the limit. It is recommended that you set value with a margin.
4. About usage of applications, It is total of mobile and Wi-Fi, and it contains only TCP traffic. These do not include UDP traffic like video stream.
* Phone calls
Use for check mobile data communication state.
* System tools
Use for switch mobile data state on-off.
Please check it out "Wi-Fi Rabbit", "Bluetooth bear" and "Volume dog".
In order for vibration to show a failure of WiFi and 3G to cut, battery saving and packet saving have an effect.
The trial version has the functional restriction, and use it for the function confirmation, please.
1.tap the home screen long.
2.Select the widget.
3.Select "WiFi 3G Checker Trial".
It may forget to cut, after turning ON WiFi and 3G.
If it always turns ON, a battery will be exhausted early.
Moreover, when saving a packet, it is necessary to make it 3G OFF at the time of needlessness.
Therefore, the state of the "WiFi" and "3G" is observed by the following functions.
1.When the widget is tapped, the check screen of the "Wireless & network settings" is displayed.
2."On/off" state of the "WiFi" and "3G" is displayed with the icon of the widget.
3.State of "WiFi" and "3G" are "on". And sleep the screen. Then, it warns by the vibration.
2.1 or more
Only 21:00~23:00 normally functions to the trial version.
Please tyr to the sleep when the icon display is not updated even if 21:00~ 23:00 comes.
In a pay version, there is no functional restriction.
(Packet, Battery, Save, WiFi, 3G, Data Enabled)
Spy Watchdog is always ready and alert to keep you safe and updated on what is happening when you are not at home or work. Equipped with Live Image Streaming capability, app converts your android device into a powerful Portable Security System that helps to monitor places, kids, people, pets at home on the go.
How to use Spy Watchdog -
1. Sign Up and Login into the application.
2. Name your camera, and press "Start Capture".
3. Login to another device, go to second tab i.e Monitoring, select the camera from dropdown and Press "Start Monitor".
You can also watch your camera on web portal also by login with the same credentials.
Salient Features of Spy Watchdog App -
- No Special Device needed to set up a Surveillance Camera
- No matter where you are enjoy Live Streaming on the Go
- Works on 2G/3G/Wifi
- Multiple Cameras, application supports two parallel cameras for each user
- Assures user privacy, images stay with you only, not on any server.
- Unlimited Viewers
- Customized Alerts
- Switch between Rear and Front camera
- Gary scale mode
- Investment Free
- Reliable Security, Greater Mobility
What all you can do with Spy Watchdog App -
- Turn your android device into a Surveillance Camera
- Watch live images on the go
- Baby Monitoring
- Surveillance for Home or office
- Property Surveillance
- Pet Monitor
It can take several minutes to run so be patient. Please make sure that the screen does not go to sleep while the benchmark is running by changing the display settings.