codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4+! Our award-winning app has introduced over 20 million kids in 264 countries to the ABCs of computer science.
codeSpark Academy uses a patent pending "no words" interface to teach the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in Foo Studio.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles and you can cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Association of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching and Learning
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our creative space Foo Studio allows kids to put programming concepts to work by making video games and programming interactive stories. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
To be successful, kids must:
* Determine the actions needed to solve each Foo’s problem
* Order actions in a logical sequence
* Recognize patterns
* Use those patterns to make their code more efficient
* Test solutions
* Learn from tests and try revised solutions
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try for free. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time
* After the trial expires, subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to renewal
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, is forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.