The latest update from this week is the worst one I've ever seen, it makes the app usage basically not possible. Please return the previous version it worked. Now it does not allow self signed certificate keys, which means you cannot connect it to any hardware device which do not have external certificates, especially home routers. Who will pay hundreds or thousands dollars for a certificate to connect to home router??????
What a difference an update makes... For awhile, ConnectBot had fallen behind.. No updates, dubious behavior with Bluetooth keyboards and some unusual ui quirks.. Well, I can't say it's now quirk free, but I can say that in terms of core features provided, it's definitely catching up to JuiceSSH. One particularly nifty feature present in ConnectBot that's a pay feature in JuiceSSH is port forwarding.. Very helpful when wanting to quickly check things behind a firewall... Now if only Android browsers made it easier to set custom proxies...
Thank you It does what it says, to the fullest, and I have been pushing my friends and family to use it. 5 stars.
Use it often It's very handy for command line access to servers I manage and also to run commands on the phone or tablet.
Wuhu Like this really nice app :) free your android
Great app now even better Fixed local shell! Arrow/tab keys are a big help. Now I can use the default on-screen keyboard and still get tab completion and shell history.
• Mouse support for right click and selection and mouse wheel to paste.
• Hot keys for external keyboard.
• Running notification now has a "disconnect all" button to quickly close connections.
• Default RSA key size is now 2048 bits.
• New soft keypad with directional arrows.
• Local connections
• Pubkeys now have the correct strength listed in the pubkey list.
• EC key operations would fail on some devices.
TeamSpeak 3 – gamers’ first choice in voice chat software now back on Android.