Underground Service Alert of Southern California (USA/SC) aka DigAlert was formed on September 13, 1976 in response to a deadly accident that had taken place in Culver City three months earlier. A petroleum pipeline was accidentally breached by a construction crew working on Venice Blvd and the resulting explosion took the lives of nine people. Additionally, an entire city block was burned to the ground and millions of dollars in damages were caused by this incident. The spark that ignited this deadly inferno quickly became the impetus behind a movement to prevent these tragic accidents. USA/SC is the result of that effort and has been serving this part of California ever since.
Keep yourself up to date with our latest advancements in technologies by downloading the DigAlert app with tons of useful tools for homeowners and contractors such as:
- Access most DigAlert online services
- Check and Post +Response
- Update tickets with 2 step ease
- See all of your tickets that will be expiring or have expired
- Use DigAlert Express with fields auto completed based on defaults
- See if the center is open, closed and how many callers are on hold before you call
- And Much more
Remember, find out FIRST, contact 811 before you dig. It's the law.