Brain Tutor uses rendered head and brain models as well as fiber tracts that were created from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of a study volunteer. The MRI data allows to look "inside" the brain using real-time slicing at millimeter resolution. For students, cognitive neuroscientists, medical professionals and everyone interested in the brain, the program provides information about the anatomy and function of the human brain with various atlases describing and visualizing lobes, gyri, sulci, Brodmann areas, subcortical structures, selected specialized functional areas and major fiber tracts.
With Brain Tutor you can:
* Explore high-resolution 3D models of the head and brain in real-time.
* Visualize major white matter fiber tracts.
* Slice the brain along three axes (sagittal, axial and coronal).
* View MRI brain slices at millimeter resolution.
* Learn from text information about the functions of selected lobes, gyri, sulci, subcortical structures, Brodmann areas, functional areas and fiber tracts.
* Learn where brain structures are located both within 3D brain models as well as in MRI slices.
To get started:
* Tap on a 3D brain model to reveal a brain area at that location.
* Switch to another atlas and a specific brain area or fiber tract using the navigation tables.
* Select a 3D model (left/right/both brain hemispheres, head) from the tab bar buttons at the bottom.
* Pan with one finger to rotate a brain model.
* Pan with two fingers to move a brain model.
* Use pinch gesture to zoom a brain model.
* Select the head model to switch to head slicing mode.
* Toggle between navigation and slicing mode by tapping the slicing icon at the top right.
* In head slicing mode, pan with one finger to move the slicing plane through the head.
* Tap on a slicing direction icon in the top bar to switch between three orthogonal slice planes.
* Tap on the displayed name of a selected brain structure to read text information in a popup dialog.
This app has been designed and programmed by Prof. Rainer Goebel, a leading expert in anatomical and functional brain imaging and award-winning developer of scientific software. For more information about his work, see http://www.brainvoyager.com/RainerGoebel.html.
The Fit Brains Trainer - based on the success of more than 180 million brain games across the Fit Brains network - brings you the easiest and most enjoyable way of keeping your brain sharp in just minutes a day. The Fit Brains Trainer is a scientifically-designed app that provides a collection of fun brain games, personalized training sessions, and visual tools to help you improve your brain's performance. The Trainer utilizes an innovative adaptive learning system that automatically scales the level of each brain game to your appropriate level. The Fit Brains Trainer app is the highest rated brain trainer on the market today including Lumosity.
SCIENCE OF FIT BRAINS
Fit Brains is a scientifically-designed brain fitness program developed by Dr. Paul Nussbaum, one of the top clinical neuropsychologists in the U.S. with more than 50 peer reviewed publications. Dr. Nussbaum is an Adjunct Professor of Neurological Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
IN THE NEWS
New York Times:
"There is a gradual growing awareness that challenging your brain can have positive effects," Dr. Cohen said... "Every time you challenge your brain it will actually modify the brain," he said. "We can indeed form new brain cells, despite a century of being told it is impossible."
"I logged on during a break at work and got so hooked I ended up playing their brain games for an hour."
"What's unique: Complex, richly illustrated and thought out brain games with different levels and storylines. Summed up: Very dynamic."
"It's a game playing product but the twist here is that all of the games help exercise and train your brain!"
Fit Brains Trainer includes more than 360 unique training sessions that are designed to enhance your Memory, Processing Speed, Concentration, Problem Solving and Visual skills. Use the Fit Brains Trainer a few minutes daily to improve the performance of your brain.
Our users have reported the following benefits:
* Improved memory and recall
* Deeper concentration
* Clearer and quicker thinking
* Stronger problem solving skills
* Positive mood changes
Start now, and get your brain working at peak performance!
Track your performance:
The Fit Brains Index measures your cognitive performance across five major brain areas. Compare your results with others in your age and gender demographics to see where you stand.
More than 360 unique training variations:
Play a training session daily for best results. Each session has 3 or more games and is designed to improve a variety of brain functions. The Trainer provides several free training sessions to get you started!
Matt. H, 26 years old, San Diego, CA:
"I am absolutely hooked on the Fit Brains Trainer. I am now able to concentrate better and think faster. I was unsure at first but its made a huge difference!"
Cindy. M , 41 years old, Richmond, VA:
"I have definitely seen a big improvement in my memory. The games are a blast and I love the fact that I can see how I am progressing in all areas."
VISIT US: http://www.fitbrains.com
FOLLOW US: http://twitter.com/fitbrains
Keywords: brain training, cognitive training, IQ, vocabulary, attention, concentration, focus, cognitive flexibility, spelling, math, mathematics, mind, mind games, mind training, luminosity, brain games, cognitive assessment
3D-Functions Plotter is free a multivariable analysis tool designed to graph two variabled f(x,y) functions and surfaces parametrizations in R3-Space.
Application makes dynamic calculations for user-input equations, such us double integral and partial derivates, differentiable operators ...
These all calculations requires internet connection.
3DFunctions Plotter Covers the following features:
- 3D GRAPHING: Graph two variabled f(x,y) functions.
- GEOMETRY: Graph parametrized Surfaces and Manifolds.
- INTEGRATION: calculates analytic double integral, also Numeric integral is supported.
- DIFFERENTIATION: calculate partial derivates Laplacian and Gradient operators.
- HELP SECTION: functions writting, examples, graphics explanation ...
- CONTACT FORM: with it you can obtain support directly on this app.
- Visual display of the current moon phase
- Dates of the next syzygies (new moon and full moon)
- Select date in the past or future
- Choose Northern or Southern Hemisphere
- Exploration mode: you can rotate and zoom spherical model of moon
- Can be installed to SD card
IMPORTANT: it's not recommended to install the app onto SD card if you are going to use widget.
Before long, your phone chirps in your pocket to let you know! Pulling out your phone, you see a 3D view of the sun a digital reconstruction of images freshly downloaded from NASA's "STEREO" satellites, orbiting millions of miles away.
You rotate the sun with your finger to view it from any angle. You pinch in and out to zoom in
for a closer look at the sun's ever-changing surface.
Now *this* is living in the 21st Century! :-)
"3D Sun" lets you carry a virtual window onto today's sun, right in your pocket. Open this app
anytime to see what's happening today on the sun's ever-changing surface. See when major solar flares erupt on the sun's surface. Track sunspots that reveal the churning activity inside the sun's fiery inferno.
News alerts provided by a Ph.D. trained astrophysicist inform you of important solar
events. Optional push notifications will alert you of the most important events even when "3D Sun" is not running.
Great for aurora watchers who want to be notified of when they should look up!
Along with the 3D view of the sun, this app is frequently updated with movies and image
galleries of solar events, such as massive explosions on the sun and the beautiful auroras,
or "northern lights," that those explosions can trigger.
Developed in collaboration with NASA scientists.
NASA's STEREO mission is a pair of satellites orbiting on nearly opposite sides of the sun.
Together, these two satellites provide an unprecedented wrap-around view of most of the
sun's surface each day. "3D Sun" provides the first-ever 3D display of STEREO's images, right on your Android phone.
1) 3-D can reduce or enlarge the planet.
2) The auto-rotate feature and the user can rotate the 3-D planets.
3) Wiki conjunction with information about the solar system's planets are visible.
Train your brain, learn Brain Tips and amaze others!
With Brain Tips, it will be easy to solve Brain problems !
You can learn Set Financial Goals
-Engage Yourself in the Complex and Novel Meditate
-Tell Yourself Stories
-Act Like You're Teaching
-Socialize and Have Fun
-Be Health Conscious Slow
-Down and Appreciate the Silence
-Do Not Retire from Life
-Practice Simple Math Every Day
-Act Like You're Teaching
-Reduce and Eliminate Smoking, Drinking and other Drugs
-Set Financial Goals
-Adopt a Nutrient-Rich Diet
-Maintain Strong Connections
-Learn About Your Brain's Faults and Account for Them Become a Social -Butterfly
With this app, you can learn Brain tips. We constantly update the app with new tips.
This starter pack app includes 25 free questions organized into 19 categories:
The Neurological Examination and Diagnostic Tests
Epilepsy and Seizures
Headache and Facial Pain
Traumatic and Occupational Injuries
Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders
Dementia and Cognitive Disorders
Disorders of Myelination
Developmental and Hereditary Disorders
Eye Disease and Visual Disturbances
Disturbances of Hearing, Balance, Smell, and Taste
Spinal Cord and Root Disease
Test your overall knowledge by answering randomly generated questions from all categories or target areas of weakness by focusing on a specific category. Need a more intensive review? Then download the complete set of 500 board-style questions and answers with detailed explanations by making an in-app purchase of $29.99.
This dynamic app also allows users to flag questions as they go, thus allowing for easier review of problem areas. Users can even create a quiz composed solely of these flagged questions. Detailed analytics allows users to review their quiz history and statistics like their weekly progress. Users will also discover their category strength and weaknesses. By offering a rigorous review of key concepts and facts, this app gives users the perfect way to assess their knowledge of neurology for the USMLE Step 2 CK and shelf exams.
Have a question or would like to share your feedback? Please send us an email at: McGraw-Hill@gwhizmobile.com
Try our 7 Day Challenge: we're so confident in our advanced training heuristics algorithm we're willing to put our app rating on the line! Use Math Workout for 5 mins each day for 7 consecutive days. If you do not notice an improvement in your mental arithmetic - give us 1 STAR!
AS FEATURED IN:
- 'Amazing Android Apps for Dummies' - D. Begun, 2011
- 'Best Android Apps' B. Sawyer, 2010
Keep your mind healthy, test your mental math and exercise your brain once a day.
Math/Maths Workout is a set of daily brain training exercises and math drills designed to enhance mental arithmetic. Use it to train your brain daily and see the results within a week.
► Compete in the World Challenge
► Fly the Math Blaster
► Track your progress with charts
► Fun for all ages
► Helps keep you sharp
This version is FREE and is supported by ads. You can remove the ads by upgrading to Math Workout Pro for a nominal one-time charge.
Rule is easy.
Calculation formula are written in the balloons which rise from the bottom of the screen.
But half of them are wrong, please tap and break only the wrong calculation formula.
Move your data to the SD card if necessary.
< Characteristic >
・This app is so simple that from children to adults can enjoy!
・You can chose the level from three!
・This is high score style that you can continue when you'll miss.
・There is a function that you can mutter in Twitter and LINE.
< recommendation >
・The people who want to train calculation capability or mental arithmetic capability.
・The people who want his or her children to study math.
・The people who want to train the brain in free time.
4D Anatomy takes viewers inside the human body via a simple-to-use 3-dimensional learning environment. Perfect for use in the classroom, or anytime.
How to Use 4D Anatomy:
1. Download the 4D Anatomy App from the Apple Appstore or Google Play.
2. Once the app has downloaded onto the device, tap the app to open it.
3. Print Target
Tap“Options” in upper left hand corner
Select a method of sending the target to yourself
Print the target out, or display it on the screen of another device
4. Lay printed Target on flat surface with sufficient lighting
5. Point device at Target and model should appear
6. Zooming In and Out
Place two fingers on device
“Pinching” will cause the model to zoom out
“Pulling” will cause the model to zoom in
Double tap with one finger to return the model to it's original size
7. Changing the model
Tap “Options” in top left hand corner
Tap “Male” or “Female” to switch genders
Tap “Close” to close the “options” tab
This brain game gives you:
Memory, attention, and math skills improvement.
Speeds up your ability to perform calculations right and quickly.
Improves your focus and concentration.
Your goal is to calculate the flying numbers at given time.
Each new level gives a new challenge to your brain cells.
Boosts your overall mental power and performance.
So take your brain cells for a walk and give them some exercise.
Tags: mathematics, math workout, IQ trainer, brain training, brain games, brain game, brain trainer, math trainer, IQ games, math games, brain exercises, math game, IQ test, mathematics, mind game. brain puzzle, free puzzles, game for kid, smart games, IQ tests, calculation game.
View all muscles and bones in full interactive 3D (rotate, zoom, pan & touch) or through the help of interactive 2D charts. Test and improve your knowledge by taking the 3D quizzes, search muscles & bones by keyword or get to know more about specific bones or muscles through detailed illustrations and information.
This app and the content thereof is created in co-operation with TotalHealth (www.totalhealth.eu); an educational center, based in the Netherlands, specialized in regular & alternative medicine. This app has been thoroughly checked, if however you may find some mistakes, contact me (it will be fixed in an update).
Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or ideas for possible updates.
“IQ test preparation” also provides an opportunity to test your level of preparation in the form of 5, 10 and 20 minutes test.
This is an updated version which includes lot of additional features along with already available distinctive features.
Our application covers many IQ and aptitude related categories such as Number pattern, Mental Arithmetic, Logical reasoning, Verbal Aptitude, Relationship Problems, Time and date Problems, Age Problems, Speed, time & distance and Work, Profit & Loss related problems.
Perfect for school, college and university entrance test and also for general use to improve mental health.
- #1 Knot Reference in 75 Countries*
- Included in Scouting Magazine's "Ultimate List of Scouting Apps" and featured in the Trek Tech section of the Sep/Oct 2012 issue.
Product Features and Functions
- 94 unique knots with new ones added frequently
- Localized for: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!
- Browse by category or search by name, common synonym or ABOK #
- Supports landscape and portrait modes as well as fullscreen (Zoom in on a knot to see greater detail)
- Watch knots tie themselves and pause or adjust the speed of the animation at any time
- Rotate knots in 360 degree, 3D views to study them from any angle with a swipe of a finger
- Interact with the knot on screen via mult-touch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and swipe to tie/untie.
- Installable to SD Card
- 100% self contained -- NO INTERNET OR OTHER PERMISSIONS REQUIRED!
- Completely Ad Free
The entire list of knots can be found here:
Superb in every way - 5 Stars!
I'm a fairly handy guy (surgeon) and rely on several knots in my practice. Nevertheless I'm pretty hopeless at learning new knots and remembering them, even though I'm a sailor and do some fishing. Knots 3D is the answer. I love every aspect of the app.
Great App - 5 Stars!
I have 4 knot apps, and I use this one the most. As a firefighter rope skills are a must and this app helps keep me "knot prepared". The zoom and step through the knot using finger gestures is real handy. The author updates this app with new knots often. I recommend this app.
* As per appfigures.com on 9/11/2012
Each flashcard has two sides, one illustrates the human anatomy with the parts numbered, and the other illustrates the parts with the terms.
Go to menu to choose one of the human body systems or gross anatomy or tap on the flashcards to see the parts of the systems more detailed. For example, in muscular systems you can find anterior, posterior flashcards, head and neck anatomy.
In gross anatomy, flashcards of the eye, ear, mouth and teeth are available in details.
- The flashcards of the muscular system, nervous system, digestive system, urinary system, reproductive system, respiratory system, skeletal system.
- More detailed flashcards of the eye anatomy, ear anatomy, mouth and teeth anatomy in gross anatomy.
- The parts and organs of the systems like heart anatomy, head and neck anatomy, kidney anatomy and more
- Anterior, posterior and lateral views of the anatomy systems.
- Two sided diagrams one of which indicates the organs with numbers, the other indicates with the terms.
- Colourful and educational contents.
How to use this application:
When you open the anatomy flashcards app, you see the muscular system at first. Tap on menu to see the other systems: Muscular System, Skeletal System, Cardiovascular System, Digestive System, Nervous System, Respiratory System, Reproductive System, Urinary System, Lymphatic System, and Gross Anatomy.
Lets say you choose the Skeletal System. Firstly, you see a card illustrating the whole human skeleton system. Each bone is coloured differently and numbered. Tap once to turn it to the other side where the bones are indicated with their names.
With the left arrow on the bottom of the screen, the next cards can be viewed. Second card of the Skeleton system illustrates the whole skeleton system from the posterior side. After that card, there are the cards of the head, torso, arms & legs, feet, and hands successively. Then, go to menu to select another system or continue to view other cards with the left arrow.
You can see the order of the cards on cards menu. To view specific card, use this menu.