- Using GPS satellites triangulation. No internet connection required, quite accurate with clean sky but works only outdoors and it's slow.
- Using the ground elevation at your current position. Accurate but require internet connection and works only if you are at ground level.
- Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). If it's available internet connection it calibrates itself on the nearest weather station pressure to improve accuracy.
The best choice for your excursion it's the pressure sensor method. But we recommend to launch the App just before leaving so it calibrates itself taking pressure from the nearest airport weather station. So measure will be reliable for few hours even without an internet connection.
You can also calibrate the sensor to eliminate systematic error.
For devices equipped with a barometer, this application uses the Atmospheric Pressure measured by your phone to calculate the Sea Level Adjusted Barometric Pressure at your location. Temperature and Altitude, also used in the calculation, are obtained by matching your position against weather and altitude survey databases. These values are more reliable than the values returned from your GPS chip and your phone's temperature sensor and may result in a more meaningful barometric pressure reading.
Devices without a barometric pressure sensor will show the barometric pressure at your location by using your GPS and internet connection.
★ Now includes an option that allows the application to perform behind-the-scenes atmospheric pressure monitoring with a visual representation of the pressure trends as a line graph.
★ "DS Barometer. Reliable: Works Great Under Pressure!"
Altimeter and thermometer included.
You can see the altitude in meters or feet and calibrate the altitude from settings
You can also monitor the progress of the weather forecast based on the barometric pressure (if your device has the pressure sensor). Trend cloudy or sunny last 12h
The function takes pictures, you can take pictures personalized (with altitutidine and the place where you are), share with facebook, whatsapp, email etc.
Also interesting is the use of the widget can be activated in your fencing.
# This application is made by reference to mountain climbing watch.
# In fact, I wanted to buy a watch such as SUUNTO, CASIO, G-SHOCK but I was frustrated with the high price of it. So I made directly!!!
# The Main Function
1. Main Screen
- You can see all the information on the main screen.
- The weather and temperature, humidity, wind speed, sunrise / sunset's time information is displayed on top screen.
- Current time / compass / barometer-altitude / speed information is displayed in the center core.
- Location and moon phase function is displayed in the lower area.
2. Current Time
- Displays the current time and date information.
- Shows the compass and orientation information.
- If the compass is inaccurate, please wave your device in a figure 8-shaped. (Set -> User's Guide)
4. Barometer, Altimeter
- displays the this area's current barometric pressure and altitude information.
- You need using the GPS setting, if you want to the altitude information.
- When moving with the device, displays the current speed.
- You need to set a high accuracy GPS
- If you use for a long time, it can be consumed the battery quickly.
- You can use it like a flashlight.
- The locations are marked on the map.
- You can choose to Celsius (℃) or Fahrenheit (℉) of displayed temperature.
- You can check the instruction manual.
This app does not exhibit the enough performance such as a professional climbing watch. And can not guarantee 100% accuracy of the data.
The device's GPS and network usage setting is required for more accurate display.
Because high-accuracy consumes a lot of the battery, does not recommend the use of a long time.
I hope use this app only when you need it.
It also shows current, average and maximun speed, distance, time, direction of movement, physical address where you are, maximum and minimum height of your route and you can save them to see them whenever you want.
You can view your routes in Map, post them on your Facebook profile, and share them with everybody through instant messaging clients and email.
It is ideal for running, cycling, walking, hiking, skiing, go to the mountain, recording car journeys and workouts.
You can view graphs of the height and speed of all your journeys as well as partial statistics for each mile or kilometer: average speed, time, and elevation gained or lost.
It is easily configurable, and you can choose the units you want to display information: Km / h, MPH, meters, feet.
To work properly, you must be outdoor in order to receive GPS signal.
Altitude also has a compass to help you orient yourself anytime.
*** if you like Altimeter : thank you for updating to PRO version you will get more features ***
*** Thanks for your support ! ***
Altimeter is an analog altimeter with aviation design style : its goal is to work off-line (plane or back-country).
Here are the main features :
- 3 hands analog altimeter (Hundreds, thousands & tens of thousands).
- Sensor "Autostart" feature (see preferences).
- Automatic sensor stop on exit.
- Preferences save on exit (including calibration data).
- 2 altitudes providers : Barometric sensor(*) or GPS chip (no network).
- Robust Barometric Algorithm.
- Units are feet or meters for altitude and hPa or inHg for pressure (*).
- Displays QFE / Altitude / QNH (*).
- Altitude speech.
- Calibration function(*) with altitude or pressure (QNH) including a reset function.
- User interface in English, French, German (Thanks Peter), Italian (Thanks Cosimo !).
- Free application... no ad !
(*) These functions require a barometric sensor in your android device (tablet like Motorola Xoom, Google Nexus ics 4, Samsung Note, ...).
By default the program will attempt to start with the pressure sensor. If it is not found then it switch on the GPS provider (true GPS not the network GPS). A message is displayed if the pressure sensor is not found.
Please note also that the program doesn't use Internet to get the altitude. For that reason, the program when used with GPS won't run indoor !
The GPS, was implemented to overcome the lack of pressure sensor on most devices.
The pressure sensor is very accurate : with a resolution of 0.1hPa and after calibration, accuracy is about 1m. This is awesome !
The calibration function of the pressure sensor(*) is very simple. Just enter the current altitude reference (as with a hiking altimeter). The altitude is then automatically corrected. Of course, if the atmospheric pressure falls or rises the value won't be anymore the true one. It is therefore important for a barometric altimeter to be frequently "calibrated" with a new reference.
A calibration function with the QNH pressure has been added also. It allows the altimeter to be calibrated during the fly. You have to provide the QNH pressure obtained from air traffic regulation or from grounded station.
Receive Android phone using GPS location to display the altitude.
When hiking, when traveling, your use.
I wonder altitude in the mountains, or you are wondering when the height of the terrain to use this application.
Current altitude, maximum altitude, minimum altitude is displayed.
The altimeter is 'm', 'ft', 'yd' units can be displayed.
Depending on the altitude display tick marks on the scale of 10, 100 scale, 1000 scale, you can adjust the magnification of 10,000.
View your GPS altitude or map elevation on stunning landscapes that adjust according to your local time of day.
A simple and uncluttered interface to read:
• View altitude/elevation in feet or meters
• Built-in flashlight
• Share your altitude/elevation via e-mail or Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and many more
Note: Accuracy is subject to device, location, and signal strength.
Easily measure and shows the altitude and latitude direction
You can find your direction
Useful in leisure sports Such as biking, running, climbing, fishing, paragliding, military operation
GPS sends Altitude, Latitude to you.
Please turn on GPS in your mobile phone for ACCURATE measuring
★ Based on Google map
Keywords: altitude, compass, GPS, Hiking, Trekking, bike, BTT, Altimeter
Ever wanted to know the height of a mountain you have been on? Get elevation data of any place at any time and share it with your friends.
Use the search tool to quickly get the altitude of certain spots.
Developed and tested in Austria, the heart of the Alps.
Works without activated GPS!
Can not measure the height of buildings.
A barometer App that displays the current atmospheric pressure. It also calculates the altitude based on the recent standard pressure (QNH) in your area. Devices without a built-in barometer will show a rough elevation of the region and an estimated pressure.
- Accurate to 10 meters
- Small size
- Doesn't need GPS
- Consumes little of your monthly network plan
- Built-in Suggestion box
1) Support monitoring for noticeable changes in pressure and notify you for any pending dangerous weather
2) Monitor pressure changes away from you to predict possible weather changes near you
Devices without a barometer sensor may have limited functionality and a greatly decreased height accuracy.
Currently, there are 12 tools in the tool set:
A pretty and well-made compass for navigation, traveling and direction reference purposes.
A professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level all around you.
It takes advantage of the built-in magnetometer, allows you to monitor the strength of magnetic field all around. There are a range of real-life applications for this useful item, such as: metal detector, AC magnetic fields, or finding low-magnetic places for sleeping
Whether you are a musician, a music teacher, a beginner at playing music or even a golfer, this tool provides you a set of powerful features that can satisfy all your needs.
Whenever you need a precise and professional stopwatch for sport activities like: sprints, jogging, this tool is a must have. Among its features are: intuitive interface, lap and split modes support, or send log results to your email
There are unlimited applications of using timer in daily life, such as: egg timer, tea timer, cooking, alarm clock, etc. The timer tool satisfies all of those needs by many of its features: up to 6 timers running simultaneously, count down and count up support, intuitive and convenient duration setup using preset and gestures
Taking advantage of the built-in accelerometer, this tool detects and visualizes any vibrations and moves of the device. So, why not using this excellent feature to help your device self-protected like a car when combined with an alarm? Or another great application is to test how smooth the car is on a test drive. And of course, why not earthquake detection as well?
- PLUMB BOB
This is an instrument to check if an object is perfectly vertical/plumb and has been used since the time of the ancient Egyptians. It suits any types of your needs, such as: hanging objects, carpenter work, brick layer or building construction
- SURFACE LEVEL
This tool facilitates the measurement of the slope of whatever surface you want to check. Most importantly, its accuracy is ensured at the maximum level by the support to different sensitivities that allow you to detect subtle slopes (floor leveling, furniture arrangement,..)
- SPIRIT/BUBBLE LEVEL
It is a simple but extremely useful tool in the set to check if an object is balanced. Its applications range from entertained purposes such as checking pool billiard tables in the bar to serious usages like constructions, carpenter, etc
The ruler helps you precisely know the lengths of objects all around you, such as pens, tables, pictures. We built it to become even more than just a normal ruler: longest distance measuring capability, and up to 6 units support
Have you ever forgotten your protractor at school or when you urgently look for a protractor to measure any kind of angles in real life? This is the exact protractor for what you need.
It has an interface that users of the HP calculator line will be completely at home with, including these features:
Basic (large key) mode
Key click (haptic feedback)
16-level stack (configurable)
Front four stack elements displayed
Memories are not sacrificed to make room for program steps
RpnCalc has a sixteen-level stack to hold more data. The front four elements on the stack are visible at all times, making it much easier to keep track of where you are in your calculations.
"Calculator tape" records your calculations and can be shared via email, bluetooth, etc.
See http://www.efalk.org/RpnCalc/ for manual
No ads, no spyware, no bs.
It has an interface that users of the HP 12C financial calculator line will be completely at home with, but does much more. Calculations are far faster, doing in a fraction of a second what the classic calculator could take minutes to compute.
RpnCalc Financial is a highly versatile full-function programmable financial calculator. It includes math, finance, and statistics functions.Features include:
* Time value of money (TVM)
* Cash flow analysis: IRR, NPV
* Bond pricing
* Date and interest calculations
* Percentages, markups, percentage of total
* Scientific mode
* Basic (large key) mode
* 20 Memories
* 99 Program steps
* Key click (haptic feedback)
* Continouous memory
Improvements over the classic HP 12C:
* 16-level stack
* Front four stack elements displayed
* Programs can be saved and restored
* Programs displayed symbolically
* Memories are not sacrificed to make room for program steps
* Full amortization display, register display, NPV display, and program display.
* "Calculator tape" feature records all your actions and lets you share the recording
RpnCalc Financial has a sixteen-level stack to hold more data. The front four elements on the stack are visible at all times, making it much easier to keep track of where you are in your calculations.
Calculator programs are stored and displayed symbolically, making programming much easier. Programs can be stored and retrieved from the sd card whenever your Android is in file-sharing mode.
See http://www.efalk.org/RpnCalcFinancial for a full description.
If you want to "test drive" a similar calculator before purchasing, try the free "RpnCalc" scientific calculator.