Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
*Our current app is built for phones. We hope to deliver an improved tablet option in 2014.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2013 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
A touch of the icon on a map will display a image and details.
A touch of the image will display search engine.
Images can be searched and a list picture can be displayed.
A database can be changed and various data can also be checked.
-It changes by the MENU key in map screen.
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.
Provided by PLACE STARS (http://www.placestars.com).
✔ SIMPLE: Very easy to use simple offline maps without hard-to-understand functionality. It’s just a map, and it’s very easy & simple to use! You don’t have to learn to use the Offline Map App, just download and start the app.
✔ USEFUL: The Offline Map App is very informative and you may check it yourself! It includes topical articles from Wikipedia - the online encyclopedia, edited and prepared for you by our editors to use offline in our application without Internet connection.
✔ COMPASS FEATURE: New compass feature helps users orient themselves while navigating in new destination.
✔ ADDRESS SEARCH: Find cities, streets, houses with our easy-to-use super search feature.
✔ POINTS OF INTEREST SEARCH: Filter and search any places - point of interest (POI) on our map based on categories such as restaurants, bars, night clubs, museums, parks and more.
✔ GET DIRECTIONS: Show routes to any point on the map - address, bookmark, POI (bar, café etc.)
✔ SAVE BOOKMARKS: Easily save current location to bookmarks and display it on the map anytime.
✔ MAPS ARE AVAILABLE OFFLINE: Download and store the entire map data in your mobile phone locally, and use the map without internet connection. There are no roaming charges, as long as the application is completely offline and it doesn’t use internet to access the data at all. Maps work anywhere!
✔ NO MOBILE ROAMING CHARGES: Offline map - means no online connection and no internet roaming – no payments for using maps. Application stores maps on SD flash card or internal memory of your mobile device and uses them every time you start it, so it works without internet.
✔ DETAILED VECTOR HIGH RESOULTION 17xZOOM: The app uses VECTOR maps, vector data means that you will get maximum detail and zoom, maximum coverage with a small map file - that is why our 17xZOOM is very detailed. It allows zooming-in with high resolution.
✔ LOCATE YOURSELF: Detect your precise location with the GPS function. Your location will be shown on our offline map.
✔ FAST: It is a fast map app. Zoom works fast, navigation is fast. We use data compression “know-how” algorithm to make the application work fast.
✔ UP-TO-DATE MAPS: The maps are fresh and updated as long as we use OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, edited and supported by half a million of people all over the world. Our Offline Map App uses only fresh data.
✔ FREE UPDATES: You will get absolutely free updates forever as we add new versions.
England, Maps, navi, places, directions, local search, transit, free, offline, map, off, navigation, gps, travel, world, OSM, Openstreetmap, travel, guide, tourism, street, view, country, state, city, address, places, poi
MAIN CITIES ON THE MAP:
Bath, Birmingham, Bradford, Brighton & Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Chester, Chichester, City of London, City of Westminster, Coventry, Derby, Durham, Ely, Exeter, Gloucester, Hereford, Kingston upon Hull, Lancaster, Leeds, Leicester, Lichfield, Lincoln, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Ripon, Salford, Salisbury, Sheffield, Southampton, St Albans, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Truro, Wakefield, Wells, Winchester, Wolverhampton, Worcester, York
The Enjoy England Android app includes the following features:
• Over 10.000 great ideas and attractions to help you make the most of your trip.
• Access to Enjoy England’s Guardian travel content, reader
tips and the Guardian’s ‘Twitrips’ to help you make the most of your holiday time.
• Search for thousands of attractions throughout England.
• Attraction information is included.
• Maps and directions for attractions and great ideas.
• Personalise settings for must-see, free, indoor or outdoor things to do, perfect for sunny (or rainy) days.
• Detailed information on the whole of England available offline.
• Find Tourist Information Centres to get the ‘insider’ knowledge about places.
• Upload your own suggestions to the app so you can share great places in England with like-minded folk.
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to share your whereabouts instantly with friends and family, followers and fans.
• Planning a trip? Simply type in the name of the place and discover a taste of what is on offer, also near-by.
• Save any attractions or great ideas to your favourites.
• Integrated QR scanner that can be used at some Enjoy England destinations.
***Coming soon – The Picture Perfect postcard
Can’t wait to brag about where in England you’ve been? Capture a special moment or your favourite view using the app and Enjoy England will send a hard copy of the picture as a postcard to your chosen address.
The Enjoy England app is the ideal tool for organising that perfect day out or your holiday in England!
If you have any feedback or comments about the EnjoyEngland Android app then please contact: email@example.com
Region selecting, route selecting and many other filters allow you to quickly find problems on your route and make the right decisions.
Perfect for summer holidays.
“The app is great and has massive potential” Coolsmartphone
“M8 is a lot more than a simple satnav app” The Next Web - Pick of the Day
M8 - to be pronouned mate - includes maps, sat nav, traffic, speed camera and comprehensive local info. It’s everything you expect from great satnav and maps, except the cost - this one’s free.
SPECIAL SUMMER PROMOTION – Navigate the roads this summer with our national heroes Wallace & Gromit!
Purchase the Wallace & Gromit sat nav voice and get the Anti-Pesto van for free - simply tap the vehicle icon while navigating, hold and scroll through to select Wallace & Gromit's van. You might have to flick through a few, but trust us - it's there! (promotion available until Aug 31st)
Here are a few of the things your new M8 has to offer:
GPS SATNAV, PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION AND QUALITY MAPS
• Live traffic with free traffic updates for ever.
• Turn-by-turn navigation (automatically reroutes you and announces street names).
• 3D landmarks while navigating.
• Professional maps with free automatic updates for ever.
• Fix speed camera alerts and free speed camera updates for ever.
• Dedicated pedestrian navigation with clear directions.
LOCAL INFO AND VOUCHERS
• Look for MyVoucherCodes deals around you (shopping, eat & drink...) and redeem vouchers directly from the app.
• Booking service for hotels with HRS and for restaurants with Book a Table
• Access the Yelp directory for shopping centers and coffee shops.
• TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet’s favourite restaurants and hotels with helpful reviews and pictures.
• Barclays Cycles station with the number of bikes available.
• 1-click access to categories - restaurants, bars, shops, cinemas, parks etc.
• Find the nearest cash machine, supermarket or post office.
• Seamless integration with Facebook and Twitter lets you check where mates are find location tweets around you
• Be part of the M8 community and share tips on the road
IN-APP PURCHASE (ONE TIME FEE)
• Good Pub Guide's best pubs in Britain
• Michelin guide restaurants with reviews
• Live-time speed cam alerts from Cyclops
• Fun navigation voices
Free GPS, sat nav, navigation, maps, traffic, speed cameras and vouchers – all from your local M8.
Heritage Hunter features maps and Information about our History, Stations, Locomotives and local attractions and eateries.
The app features a ‘Heritage Hunt’ where you have five tasks to undertake at each station to complete your scrapbook. At each station carry out the tasks including finding hidden tags at each of the stations. Use the clues in the app scrapbook to find them then use the app scanner by pointing your camera to reveal hidden objects using augmented reality.
Once you have completed 100% of the ‘Heritage Hunter’ you will be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a Family Day Rover and an annual draw to win one year’s free travel on the West Somerset Railway. In addition all completed scrapbook holders will receive West Somerset Railway discount vouchers as a reward for completing the ‘Heritage Hunter’.
Check out our web site for suggested timetable itineraries to allow you to maximise your visit to allow you to visit as many stations as possible.
This is the only app you need when it comes to Castles in England.
Do you want to get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals about Castles in England? Then download this app now!
A castle is a type of fortified structure, developed in Europe during the Middle Ages. The first castles appeared in France in the 10th century,and in England during the 11th century. A few castles are known to have been built in England before the Normans invaded in 1066.
Discover more about Castles in England! Download this app and get these amazing features!
- A non- stop, daily stream of latest news.
- Like and comment on articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest products!
- Read the latest articles and comments.
- Know the latest update
- Be one of the firsts to get the best deals.
- Share news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
* All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Discover and download this Castles in England app now!
★ WIRED magazine’s “essential app” 2012
★ WSA-Mobile Award Winner 2012 for m-Tourism & Culture
★ WYSTC Award Winner for the best youth & student travel app 2011
☆ FREE ENGLAND HIGHLIGHTS GUIDE
Use the free highlights guide to get an overview of content, features and design of the premium guides!
☆ WORKS OFFLINE
Upgrade your highlights guide for premium content and avoid roaming fees abroad: all guides, features, and maps work also without Internet connection (offline maps).
☆ TRAVEL TIPS FROM THOUSANDS OF TRAVELERS
Get authentic recommendations and traveler reviews for more the best sights, restaurants, shops, nightlife spots and most exciting things to do.
☆ ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, BARS & MORE
Browse through the destinations’ most exciting locations, discover unique landmarks and benefit from local insider tips.
☆ SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
Feeling social? Write reviews of places you've discovered and share them with your friends and tripwolf’s community of thousands of worldwide globetrotters!
☆ TRIP PLANNER: ENGLAND
Plan and organize your trip, calculate the shortest route and display it on a map!
☆ AUGMENTED REALITY VIEWER
View your environment, locate sights near you and get instant access to relevant information like opening hours, price and address.
☆ TRAVEL STORIES FROM THE TRIPWOLF BLOG
Budget holidays in Japan? Where to eat in New York? India’s most haunted destination? Access genuine up-to-date information written by the tripwolf editorial team and our guest bloggers!
☆ OTHER FEATURES
✔ The England highlights country guide is available in 5 languages: English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.
✔ “You Are Here” Marker on Maps: During your holiday or vacation use the Maps with current location indicator.
✔ Registration in the tripwolf community to mark your own favorite places, upload travel photos and see tips from your friends.
✔ Sort and Filter attractions by popularity, distance, and type.
✔ Be sure to download our global app “tripwolf – Your Travel Guide” to get hundreds of additional tips for your destination and subway maps.
About tripwolf – your social travel guide
tripwolf combines travel tips from professional travel writers with a vast collection of travel information, experiences and reviews from a worldwide community of thousands of travelers like you.
Browse through more than 700 different destinations, in the form of country, region, or city guides, get expert recommendations, read travel blogs and make use of the tripwolf offline travel map. Ask our trip gurus for very specific travel advice to find your favorite spots in any city.
Plus: Import your friends through Facebook and share your travel pictures.
tripwolf’s most popular city guides:
- Korean food is often said to be «food of sharing». When we eat the food, we share in nature’s gifts, the joy of well-being, and good company. We hope you discover new joy in life and well-being through exploring Korean cuisine.
Korean cuisine, or Hansik, is rapidly gaining popularity across the globe, probably because of its well-orchestrated bursts of flavors and health-enhancing effects. The Korean Restaurant Guide, England aims to reveal the many qualities of Korean cuisine to the British people, as well as other Europeans, who value tradition and history.
This App is the foundation’s most ambitious effort to promote the finest Korean restaurants outside of Korea, and share authentic flavors and style of Korean cuisine with people of other cultures. The England guide App reviews Korean restaurants presently operating in London and New Malden. A total of 41 restaurants made it to the final selection based on evaluations of food, service, hygiene, and décor by a group of Korean and British food critics and restaurant specialists. From fine-dining Hanjeongsik (Korean table d’hôte) restaurants to convivial eateries offering homemade dishes based on family secret recipes and neighborhood hangouts where diners knock back glasses of traditional Korean liquors, this guidebook covers a wide selection of restaurants with detailed descriptions and photos for readers to choose from based on individual preferences. We hope this book will encourage more local food lovers to seek out Korean culinary destinations and to experience the charm of Korean cuisine.
This app provides the following services:
- The Korean Restaurant Guide, England lists Korean restaurants in London, Great Britain in categories based on either location or price range, and provides brief information on each restaurant, including notes on the ambiance and recommended menu items.
- The Korean Restaurant Guide, England makes listings available in English, French, and Korean.
- For restaurants with their websites listed, the app allows you to jump to their sites using your browser. It also allows you to call them using your telephone service, and calculates the prices of menu items in other currencies with just one click.
- It allows you to verify the location of each restaurant on the map, and utilizes your built-in GPS to display the shortest route to your destination. (Please note that the app may be unable to provide directions if the GPS signal is weak.)