Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
* Our current app is built for phones. We will be releasing an improved tablet option in the next few weeks.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Inspire Me
The wide range of services on offer from RAC are now all easily accessible while you’re on the go, thanks to the new RAC app. So whether you’ve broken down and need to contact us from the side of the road, you’ve had an accident and you’re not sure what to do next, or you need a route to your destination, you can do it all from your tablet or smartphone wherever you are.
Key features include:
- Traffic news. View incidents, delays and roadworks for the whole of the UK. View the incidents on a map or in a list. You can zoom in on the map and zoom out to see traffic on major and minor routes in the UK. This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date data available in the UK and shows current incidents and expected delays.
- Route planner. Simply add in your starting point and destination and view a map of your journey and a separate directions tab. You can plan the journey by the shortest or quickest route. You can also view live traffic updates along the way.
- Broken down? Use the breakdown tab to contact the RAC if your car breaks down.
- Had an accident? If you’re unfortunate enough to be involved in a bump, you can use the accident care tab to call our accident care helpline and get all the help you need.
- RAC Cars. This has its own tab to help you search for a new or used car, meaning that you can put those unexpectedly free 5 minutes to good use.
- Insurance. In just a few easy steps, you can get a quote and make great savings on anything from car and home to travel and pet insurance.
- Member Benefits. Keep up to date with the latest member offers from RAC.
- Membership details. Store all your details, including membership number, safely so you have it with you if you need it.
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
NOW no need to register on the app, simply download load of leaflets for great days out.
More and more leaflets added every day.
The Historic Houses Association (HHA) represents hundreds of privately-owned properties: from ancient castles and opulent palaces to quirky medieval manor houses or elegant Elizabethan mansions. Most have glorious gardens for you to enjoy and many have wonderful restaurants or tea rooms to refresh you after a few hours exploring. Others have even more to offer, from adventure playgrounds and galleries to mini railways and safari parks!
Features of the App include:
• Find a property near you or search the map to plan your trip. Details include photo, description, address, contact details and opening times
• Find out about all the latest events
• Save properties and events to your favourites so you can quickly go back to them
• Browse a gallery of stunning images to inspire you and find out about each property
• Share images and property details with your friends
• Find out about the HHA, read some facts and figures, or become a Friend and visit hundreds of houses and gardens free
Britain’s heritage is here for you to enjoy!
This application is designed by a backpacker+programmer from Taiwan. Collecting UNESCO world heritage sites all around the world is interesting. Hope this application help travelers to find out the information of each world heritage site.
In this application, you can find the latest images, blog posts, weather forecasts of every world heritage sites.
The images are obtained from Flickr API, the weather data are from weatheronline.com, and the blogs are from yahoo.com search API. I cannot guarantee the correctness of weather forecasts and the search results.
In this application, you can add your records, favorites, and subscriptions of the sites.
You can use these functions to record and plan your trips.
The backup / restore functions are based on the same Google Account.
If you have multiple mobile devices with the same google account, you can use backup and restore functions to synchronize them.
The Booking.com hotel app puts over 600,000 properties at your fingertips for simple and secure booking on your Android phone and tablet. You'll find ideal accommodations anywhere, anytime – best price guaranteed.
WHY CHOOSE THE BOOKING.COM APP?
- When you need a hotel in a hurry, in one tap you can find the best hotels closest to you for tonight, and even book participating hotels without a credit card!
- And we don’t just have hotels: check out our range of villas, apartments, B&Bs, hostels and more in over 70,000 destinations worldwide.
- 40 million verified guest reviews help you find the perfect place to stay.
- Then, once you’ve booked, your confirmation is stored in the app to use at check-in. It’s even available if you don’t have internet access, so you’ll never print (or forget) your confirmation again!
- If you also use Booking.com on your computer, sign in to your account and we’ll automatically sync your bookings, recent searches, lists, account details and more to the app. Pick up where you left off, at any time.
FINDING THE PERFECT PLACE TO STAY
- Search by city, landmark, even hotel name, or just search for properties nearby in one tap.
- Sort by what’s important to you: best price, deals, guest review score, and more.
- Then narrow your search results with handy filters: price range, city districts, or facilities (e.g. Swimming Pool, Free WiFi, Parking) and more.
- Switch to map view to find hotels in your preferred neighborhood. HINT: If you’re on a tablet you can actually draw a specific area on the map with your finger to find results there!
- Large photos for tablet put you in the picture (and the mood) for your next trip.
- You can also save your favorite dreamy places to personalized lists (think of them as vacation wish lists!), which are synced across all devices if you’re signed in to your Booking.com account.
- Sign in to your Booking.com account and we’ll automatically fill your details for even faster booking, including the credit cards you’ve chosen to store.
- The app is available in 42 languages and you can view prices in 53 currencies.
GET THE BEST HOTEL DEALS
We showcase the best deals at all kinds of amazing properties (not just cheap hotels!)
- Secret Deals: You get first pick on great deals for hotels, apartments, resorts and more worldwide!
- Value Deals: Book hotels with the best value for their price and location.
- Late Deals: Find cheap hotels for last-minute hotel bookings near you.
HELPING YOU ALONG EVERY STEP OF YOUR STAY
- Save your booking confirmation to your photo gallery or access it offline in the app to check in easily, even without an internet connection.
- Find the way to your stay quickly and easily with maps.
- Adding hotel bookings to your calendar makes planning multiple stays easier.
- You can cancel or modify bookings on the move with the app.
- Access 24/7 Customer Service by phone or email. Customer Service is available in English and 41 other languages.
ALREADY A BOOKING.COM USER?
- After installing the app, sign in to the account you use on the Booking.com website. All of your hotel bookings, searches, viewed hotels, wish lists and account information will automatically be available in the app.
- You can easily switch between devices whenever you like. So if you’re at home on your laptop, or using your mobile on the go, all of your searches, bookings and more will be updated automatically as long as you’re signed in.
- You only have to sign in to your account once – we’ll keep you signed in to this hotels app.
- If you don’t have a Booking.com account, but made a booking on the website, you can import your booking to the app. Go to “My Bookings” in the account area and import using the Booking Number and PIN from your confirmation (also sent to you by email).
My Devon is a comprehensive guide to things to do, events, shopping, attractions, eating out and where to stay across North Devon and Exmoor. The data is fully cached on the phone so you don’t need a signal to use it.
My Devon allows you to plan a day out or see ‘what’s nearby’ when out and about.
The search functionality allows you to:
• choose an area
• search near a town
• search near your current location
• drop a pin
• filter the data
Currently displaying content for North Devon and Exmoor, My Devon will
shortly be expanding to include Devon wide content which you automatically
receive free on the app!
and 4 types of coordinate representations:
- degrees, minutes and seconds ( N 45 ° 48 ' 40.47 " E 22 ° 48 ' 28.06 " )
- degrees and minutes ( N 50 ° 11.17 ' E 9 ° 53.05 ' )
- decimal degrees ( Lat: -8.21 Long: - 61.11 )
- MGRS (35TLK5241798377)
Map supported operations are:
- 3D for normal map type
- tilt using 2 fingers drag
- rotation using 2 fingers rotation
- drag & drop marker
This app is very intuitive and easy to use, designed to help you determine the coordinates of specific point on the map and share them with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts. If your device is rooted and you have checked the share screenshot option, a screenshot of the map will also be attached if you share your location via email. In addition, you can visualize the location on the map of certain coordinates or address.
In the „Settings” screen you can switch between the available coordinates types, set the precision of MGRS coordinates type, you can show or hide the „Address bar” and you can enable or disable the „Measure tool” for which you can select different measure units, depending on your needs. The available measure units are: „Metric”, „Imperial” and „Marine”.
There is also a "Get Directions" button which opens Google Maps Directions feature and displays directions from your current location (or any location that you choose there) to the location pinned in Map Coordinates. This feature is very helpful when you wish to see how much time you need to reach a point and which course you should take.
Another useful feature is „Copy to clipboard”. Using it, you copy the selected coordinates or address and paste them anywhere you need.
More recent features are „History” which holds all your locations history and „Favorites” which are locations saved by you with a touch of a button so you have your favorite destinations always right at hand.
This being said, I hope you enjoy this app and please feel free to contact me via email if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. Also please report any bugs that you might observe, and I will fix them as soon as possible.
FREE Updates for both app and maps.
FREE Navigation license for OpenStreetMap.
BE-ON-ROAD is a free offline turn-by-turn gps navigation for Android based on OpenStreetMaps. Maps are updated multiple times per year and can be stored on your device, or SD card. That means, that you can navigate anywhere with the most recent maps even without the internet connection!
~ offline gps navigation
~ offline maps
~ free map updates
~ multi-language voice navigation (33 languages supported)
~ GPS / Glonass ready
~ speed limit warnings
~ fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
~ 3D buildings
~ lane guidance
~ large POI database
~ pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
~ night mode based on local sunset time
~ track recording
EUROPE - Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
NORTH AMERICA - Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Bermuda, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana , Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
SOUTH AMERICA - Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Maarten, Suriname, Thailand and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands
ASIA - Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
OCEANIA - American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
AFRICA - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cote d'lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic Of Tanzania, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Intuitive and easy to use, the Historic Scotland app allows you to search by region or interest, with best for categories such as ‘families’, ‘gardens’, ‘picnics’ and ‘military history’ to choose from. You can also view all attractions on an interactive map of Scotland.
Not sure where you want to go? The app includes event information, articles and itinerary features, with new content added regularly to provide a source of inspiration. A view of Historic Scotland on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram gives you the latest ‘social buzz’ all in one place.
• What’s near me? Find attractions within a 50km radius of your current location
• Search by region or ‘best for’ category
• Image galleries
• Interactive map view
• Pricing, opening times and facilities information
• Events search
• Location and travel information
• ‘Inspire Me’ – find ideas on where to visit with the latest features and itineraries
Not work with android 2.1 (Force close)
Are you planing to visit Sri Lanka in this Cricket World Cup 2011 Season? or are you planing to visit Sri Lanka for a holiday?
Then here is a small app which will guide you to visit beautiful places in Sri Lanka with their locations.
Tourism is one of the main industries in Sri Lanka. Major tourist attractions are focused around the island's famous beaches located in the southern and eastern parts of the country, ancient heritage sites located in the interior of the country and lush green resorts located in the mountainous regions of the country. A large majority of tourists come from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Maldives, Japan, The People's Republic of China, and India.
Whether you are a Sinhala (Sinhalese) or Tamil, English or Burger, Sri Lankan or non Sri Lankan, Buddhist, Catholic, Muslims or Hindu this app will help you.
More locations will be added later..