Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
* Our current app is built for phones. We will be releasing an improved tablet option in the next few weeks.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Inspire Me
This application is designed by a backpacker+programmer from Taiwan. Collecting UNESCO world heritage sites all around the world is interesting. Hope this application help travelers to find out the information of each world heritage site.
In this application, you can find the latest images, blog posts, weather forecasts of every world heritage sites.
The images are obtained from Flickr API, the weather data are from weatheronline.com, and the blogs are from yahoo.com search API. I cannot guarantee the correctness of weather forecasts and the search results.
In this application, you can add your records, favorites, and subscriptions of the sites.
You can use these functions to record and plan your trips.
The backup / restore functions are based on the same Google Account.
If you have multiple mobile devices with the same google account, you can use backup and restore functions to synchronize them.
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
NOW no need to register on the app, simply download load of leaflets for great days out.
More and more leaflets added every day.
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.
★★★★★ You will LOVE THIS App!
Best Travel English application you will come across!
Perfect for beginners and very helpful and very practical for traveling anywhere in the world! Booking a hotel or a restaurant will be an ease! It’s perfect for what you needed for booking hotels and flights, shopping and traveling.
You will really appreciate the simple arrangement of this application. It’s very useful and intuitive, and it’s user friendly.
The lessons are broken down into sections (basics, dining, shopping, etc.) so you can focus in on a section that you need, study it, then move to another section. After you've been through all the sections, you can then start combining different phrases and make some great sentences.
This Travel English application has the perfect balance of vocabulary, grammar, most commonly used phrases divided different sections, so whether you are just taking a quick weekend getaway to lovely New York City or planning a longer trip all over the world, this Travel English application will surely have you covered.
These perfectly and beautifully formatted English Travel lessons include . . .
- Booking a trip
- Talking about travel plans
- Asking on flights
- Asking about transportation using Where
- Asking about transportation using How
- Asking about transportation times
- Asking for directions
- Talking about travel experience
- Asking about travel facilties
- Making requests at the hotel front desk
- Ordering at a restaurant
Travel English application is a down-to-earth, bare-bones introduction to English that aims to make your trip abroad as smooth and enjoyable as possible!
These information-packed lessons focus on preparing you to travel in English speaking countries in a limited time by concentrating on what is most useful or interesting to travelers and cutting out all the unnecessary vocabulary, grammar and expressions
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to speak English fluently and confidently in many traveling situations!
The app offers you the unique opportunity to communicate abroad without any special language skills, as it can simply speak the translation as required. Easily understandable illustrations make communication even easier.
You can use the "Travel Interpreter" to order plane tickets, book hotel rooms, take a car to be repaired or order a meal in a restaurant without any language skills at all. More than 2,200 phrases and words are included for each language, all of which are clearly categorized according to the respective topic, such as customs, hotel, service, driving, car services, sightseeing, entertainment, eating and drinking, sport and leisure.
The integrated search function makes it even easier to find what you need. If, for example, you want to book a single room in a hotel, simply key in "single" and the phrase "I would like to book a single room" already appears on the screen.
• More than 2,200 illustrated phrases and words with audio tracks are included per language.
• You can download up to 32 target languages: German, French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Russian, Bulgarian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Hindi, Vietnamese, Farsi, Catalan, Romanian and Ukrainian.
• You download only the languages you need. Each language takes about 25 MB free space on your SD-card.
• Favorites category for saving words and phrases in to your own list.
• Exercise based on the flashcard drill concept, so that you can learn words and phrases from your favorites list.
• All phrases are spoken by native speakers.
• Precise and simple categories with topics and sub-topics.
• Fast full text search function, also for partial words.
• All content stored on the device, no internet connection required for use. You only need to download the necessary languages ones.
• Each entry is illustrated, making communication even easier.
• Very easy to use by young and old.
• Includes phonetic characters for the following languages: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi and Thai.
The Historic Houses Association (HHA) represents hundreds of privately-owned properties: from ancient castles and opulent palaces to quirky medieval manor houses or elegant Elizabethan mansions. Most have glorious gardens for you to enjoy and many have wonderful restaurants or tea rooms to refresh you after a few hours exploring. Others have even more to offer, from adventure playgrounds and galleries to mini railways and safari parks!
Features of the App include:
• Find a property near you or search the map to plan your trip. Details include photo, description, address, contact details and opening times
• Find out about all the latest events
• Save properties and events to your favourites so you can quickly go back to them
• Browse a gallery of stunning images to inspire you and find out about each property
• Share images and property details with your friends
• Find out about the HHA, read some facts and figures, or become a Friend and visit hundreds of houses and gardens free
Britain’s heritage is here for you to enjoy!
The application offers you the same search functions as those on the websites.
Moreover, you can search for hotels on the map by GPS and share the search results with your friends.
* Hotel information is written in Japanese.
Use our map-based app to explore Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Learn more about our favorite sights to see, places to eat at, shops not to miss, and spots to lay your head at night.
No matter where you travel in our six-state region, there’s sure to be a Yankee “Best” nearby.
GTF East England covers Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridge
Group Travel Finder South East England covers Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Canterbury, Brighton, Margate, Eastbourne, Isle of Wight.