Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
* Our current app is built for phones. We will be releasing an improved tablet option in the next few weeks.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Inspire Me
This application is designed by a backpacker+programmer from Taiwan. Collecting UNESCO world heritage sites all around the world is interesting. Hope this application help travelers to find out the information of each world heritage site.
In this application, you can find the latest images, blog posts, weather forecasts of every world heritage sites.
The images are obtained from Flickr API, the weather data are from weatheronline.com, and the blogs are from yahoo.com search API. I cannot guarantee the correctness of weather forecasts and the search results.
In this application, you can add your records, favorites, and subscriptions of the sites.
You can use these functions to record and plan your trips.
The backup / restore functions are based on the same Google Account.
If you have multiple mobile devices with the same google account, you can use backup and restore functions to synchronize them.
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
NOW no need to register on the app, simply download load of leaflets for great days out.
More and more leaflets added every day.
★★★★★ You will LOVE THIS App!
Best Travel English application you will come across!
Perfect for beginners and very helpful and very practical for traveling anywhere in the world! Booking a hotel or a restaurant will be an ease! It’s perfect for what you needed for booking hotels and flights, shopping and traveling.
You will really appreciate the simple arrangement of this application. It’s very useful and intuitive, and it’s user friendly.
The lessons are broken down into sections (basics, dining, shopping, etc.) so you can focus in on a section that you need, study it, then move to another section. After you've been through all the sections, you can then start combining different phrases and make some great sentences.
This Travel English application has the perfect balance of vocabulary, grammar, most commonly used phrases divided different sections, so whether you are just taking a quick weekend getaway to lovely New York City or planning a longer trip all over the world, this Travel English application will surely have you covered.
These perfectly and beautifully formatted English Travel lessons include . . .
- Booking a trip
- Talking about travel plans
- Asking on flights
- Asking about transportation using Where
- Asking about transportation using How
- Asking about transportation times
- Asking for directions
- Talking about travel experience
- Asking about travel facilties
- Making requests at the hotel front desk
- Ordering at a restaurant
Travel English application is a down-to-earth, bare-bones introduction to English that aims to make your trip abroad as smooth and enjoyable as possible!
These information-packed lessons focus on preparing you to travel in English speaking countries in a limited time by concentrating on what is most useful or interesting to travelers and cutting out all the unnecessary vocabulary, grammar and expressions
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to speak English fluently and confidently in many traveling situations!
The app offers you the unique opportunity to communicate abroad without any special language skills, as it can simply speak the translation as required. Easily understandable illustrations make communication even easier.
You can use the "Travel Interpreter" to order plane tickets, book hotel rooms, take a car to be repaired or order a meal in a restaurant without any language skills at all. More than 2,200 phrases and words are included for each language, all of which are clearly categorized according to the respective topic, such as customs, hotel, service, driving, car services, sightseeing, entertainment, eating and drinking, sport and leisure.
The integrated search function makes it even easier to find what you need. If, for example, you want to book a single room in a hotel, simply key in "single" and the phrase "I would like to book a single room" already appears on the screen.
• More than 2,200 illustrated phrases and words with audio tracks are included per language.
• You can download up to 32 target languages: German, French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Russian, Bulgarian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Hindi, Vietnamese, Farsi, Catalan, Romanian and Ukrainian.
• You download only the languages you need. Each language takes about 25 MB free space on your SD-card.
• Favorites category for saving words and phrases in to your own list.
• Exercise based on the flashcard drill concept, so that you can learn words and phrases from your favorites list.
• All phrases are spoken by native speakers.
• Precise and simple categories with topics and sub-topics.
• Fast full text search function, also for partial words.
• All content stored on the device, no internet connection required for use. You only need to download the necessary languages ones.
• Each entry is illustrated, making communication even easier.
• Very easy to use by young and old.
• Includes phonetic characters for the following languages: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi and Thai.
A few years later an artist called Joseph Farington used a copy of Gray’s journal to follow in his footsteps, painting the scenes that Gray had described.
Just a few years ago John Murray, a publisher from London, inherited Gray’s original notebooks and decided to do exactly what Farington did over 200 years before. He found the locations and took digital photographs of the views.
Using this app, you can now find the locations where Gray wrote, Farington painted and Murray took his photos. The app contains an entry for each location painted by Farington and described by Gray, plus a map and a few hints to help you find the locations for yourself.
The words, pictures and photo's inspired an exhibition at the Wordsworth Museum, Grasmere, The Lake District, Cumbria, called Pen, Paint & Pixels. Why not come along and have a look?
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Oxford Street Shopping Tour (7 sights)
* Royal Places in London (9 sights)
* Bridges of London (10 sights)
* South Bank Secrets (7 sights)
* Exploring Greenwich (8 sights)
* Harry Potter Trail (9 sights)
* Shakespeare's London (6 sights)
* Walk in South London (7 sights)
* Architectural Landmarks (8 sights)
* Religious Sites (10 sights)
* London's Nightlife (6 sights)
* London Culture Walk (8 sights)
* Charles Dickens' London (10 sights)
* Museums Tour (9 sights)
* London Culture Walk Part 2 (11 sights)
* Museums Tour Part 2 (9 sights)
* Museums Tour Part 3 (9 sights)
* Greenwich Tour (8 sights)
* St Pancras Museums Tour (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
100% Offline London Map & Guide without hidden costs.
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete London map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- London hotels deals (online module)
This app is tablet ready!
Discover London with our offline app.
London Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way around London.
London Listeni/ˈlʌndən/ is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom, and the largest city, urban zone and metropolitan area in the United Kingdom, and the European Union by most measures. Located on the River Thames, London has been a major settlement for two millennia, its history going back to its founding by the Romans, who named it Londinium. London's ancient core, the City of London, largely retains its square-mile mediaeval boundaries. Since at least the 19th century, the name London has also referred to the metropolis developed around this core. The bulk of this conurbation forms the London region and the Greater London administrative area, governed by the elected Mayor of London and the London Assembly.
London is the leading global city, with strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transport all contributing to its prominence. It is one of the world's leading financial centres and has the fifth- or sixth-largest metropolitan area GDP in the world depending on measurement. London has been described as a world cultural capital. It is the world's most-visited city as measured by international arrivals and has the world's largest city airport system measured by passenger traffic. London's 43 universities form the largest concentration of higher education in Europe. In 2012, London became the first city to host the modern Summer Olympic Games three times.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it