Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
*Our current app is built for phones. We hope to deliver an improved tablet option in 2014.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2013 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
A touch of the icon on a map will display a image and details.
A touch of the image will display search engine.
Images can be searched and a list picture can be displayed.
A database can be changed and various data can also be checked.
-It changes by the MENU key in map screen.
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.
“The app is great and has massive potential” Coolsmartphone
“M8 is a lot more than a simple satnav app” The Next Web - Pick of the Day
M8 - to be pronouned mate - includes maps, sat nav, traffic, speed camera and comprehensive local info. It’s everything you expect from great satnav and maps, except the cost - this one’s free.
SPECIAL SUMMER PROMOTION – Navigate the roads this summer with our national heroes Wallace & Gromit!
Purchase the Wallace & Gromit sat nav voice and get the Anti-Pesto van for free - simply tap the vehicle icon while navigating, hold and scroll through to select Wallace & Gromit's van. You might have to flick through a few, but trust us - it's there! (promotion available until Aug 31st)
Here are a few of the things your new M8 has to offer:
GPS SATNAV, PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION AND QUALITY MAPS
• Live traffic with free traffic updates for ever.
• Turn-by-turn navigation (automatically reroutes you and announces street names).
• 3D landmarks while navigating.
• Professional maps with free automatic updates for ever.
• Fix speed camera alerts and free speed camera updates for ever.
• Dedicated pedestrian navigation with clear directions.
LOCAL INFO AND VOUCHERS
• Look for MyVoucherCodes deals around you (shopping, eat & drink...) and redeem vouchers directly from the app.
• Booking service for hotels with HRS and for restaurants with Book a Table
• Access the Yelp directory for shopping centers and coffee shops.
• TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet’s favourite restaurants and hotels with helpful reviews and pictures.
• Barclays Cycles station with the number of bikes available.
• 1-click access to categories - restaurants, bars, shops, cinemas, parks etc.
• Find the nearest cash machine, supermarket or post office.
• Seamless integration with Facebook and Twitter lets you check where mates are find location tweets around you
• Be part of the M8 community and share tips on the road
IN-APP PURCHASE (ONE TIME FEE)
• Good Pub Guide's best pubs in Britain
• Michelin guide restaurants with reviews
• Live-time speed cam alerts from Cyclops
• Fun navigation voices
Free GPS, sat nav, navigation, maps, traffic, speed cameras and vouchers – all from your local M8.
Heritage Hunter features maps and Information about our History, Stations, Locomotives and local attractions and eateries.
The app features a ‘Heritage Hunt’ where you have five tasks to undertake at each station to complete your scrapbook. At each station carry out the tasks including finding hidden tags at each of the stations. Use the clues in the app scrapbook to find them then use the app scanner by pointing your camera to reveal hidden objects using augmented reality.
Once you have completed 100% of the ‘Heritage Hunter’ you will be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a Family Day Rover and an annual draw to win one year’s free travel on the West Somerset Railway. In addition all completed scrapbook holders will receive West Somerset Railway discount vouchers as a reward for completing the ‘Heritage Hunter’.
Check out our web site for suggested timetable itineraries to allow you to maximise your visit to allow you to visit as many stations as possible.
Smooth and fast – that’s what Navigate 6 is all about. We have perfected our routing engine over the past 20 years to be one of the best in the industry. Proven. Navigate 6 uses the same TomTom maps that are used by car brands for their navigation solutions. Navigate 6 provides lane guidance and speed limits for optimal guidance – which you’d expect from an expensive car navigation system or personal navigation device.
• Smooth, blazingly fast maps. Vector-based, fully scalable and ultra fast.
• Online and offline maps. Enjoy maps with or without internet connection.
• Search with character. A few characters – in any order – and we’ll find your destination.
• Local Search. It’s all about finding accurate and up-to-date destinations.
• Wikipedia on the map. The free encyclopedia.
• Weather on the map. Weather has never been more accessible.
• Doesn’t the world look a whole lot better in 3D? Stunning 3D buildings and photorealistic landmarks make navigation so much better.
• Automotive quality navigation. We deeply care about correct routes, lane information, speed limits and road signs.
• So why would your map always have to look the same? Our map is always just right – bright and clear during the day and incredibly stylish at night.
• Nietzsche was right. All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.
• There are a 1,000 different ways to get to Rome. We offer you the best alternatives. You choose.
• You can rely on our speed alarms. We automatically warn you when you are speeding.
• Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly which lane to use? Now you can.
• Road signs in your navigation. Everything that is relevant to you.
• Crystal clear instructions. ‘After 300 yards, turn right onto the A3 towards Basingstoke.’
• Multi-stop routes. Because sometimes going from A to B goes through C.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Navigation in Navigate 6 for yourself.
• The future is here. Follow Me puts a virtual car on your camera image, which you just have to follow.
• Because not everyone is the same. Choose your own Follow Me car.
• Super easy to set-up. Navigate 6 automatically detects where to put the virtual Follow Me car.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Follow Me in Navigate 6 for yourself.
• Speed cameras. Save big on speeding tickets.
• App in the foreground? In the background? We’ll warn you anyway.
• 95% coverage. We’re working on the other 5.
• Timing is everything. Safety and savings, the result.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Speed cameras in Navigate 6 for yourself.
• HD Traffic. Reliable and super accurate traffic that simply works.
• Save up to 18.5% of your time. Proven.
• We do the math. You decide what you want to do.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out HD Traffic in Navigate 6 for yourself.
PANORAMIC CAR KIT
• The Panoramic Car Kit was made for Navigate 6. And vice versa.
• Free shipping. Anywhere in the world.
• Available on store.66.com
For more information, please visit www.66.com.
Con esta aplicación podrás tener siempre a tu disposición toda la información del evento.
- Consultar el horario de las charlas y talleres.
- Informate del contenido de los talleres y las charlas al igual de quienes son los ponentes.
- Utilizar los mapas para guiarte y saber cuales son los edificios y aulas donde se imparten las charlas.
- Seguir mediante los tweet's publicados con el hashtag #DDIEEEUMH toda la actividad del evento, los sorteos, concursos y demás sorpresas!
Todo el código es libre, y como tal puede ser consultado en los repositorios de GeekyTheory: https://bitbucket.org/geekytheory/developer-days-ieee-sb-umh-android/src
• Notifications of upcoming Trade Day events
• Scrollable calendar showing Trade Day events and event details
• Zoomable map of the Trade Days area
• Guide Me – displays route for traveling to the Trade Days area
• Turn-by-turn directions
• Contact information
• Touch-to-call phone numbers
• Touch-to-launch web sites for First Monday Trade Days
The green-coloured mountains turn their faces to the turquoise of the sea in Fethiye. Fethiye with everything to offer as well as its natural beauties, opens its doors for you to experience an unforgettable holiday.
If every city and every sea were to be identified with a color, Fethiye would be identified with turquoise. Turquoise meaning a bluish green, gets its name from the blue in Turkish ceramics. The most beautiful shade of blue chose the Dead Sea ( Ölüdeniz ) in Fethiye to settle down. In the afternoon just before sunset you will catch a shade of turquoise at the Dead Sea ( Olu Deniz ), a natural wonder, anavaliable at any other sea. The color is not blue, it is not green, it is blue and green.
Once you reach Fethiye and settle down, first, take a trip around the shopping centre. Once you have walked around its adorable shopping centre with its narrow shaded streets, and small squares, where consturaction is controlled, you feel like a local of Fethiye. You feel forget that you are an outsider, and feel like an old resident.
In the evening, the colour and air of the shopping centre changes in an instant. It is the time for restaurants and bars. The fish starts to sizzle on the grill ,and the smell of aniseed fills the streets. The night breeze replaces the daytime heat.
Travelling around Fethiye in couple of days is not easy, everything you need for a holiday is available. History, cultural values, beaches, watersports, the best place for paragliding in Turkey, the most breathtaking ruins in Turkey,the best bays, the best cuisine and shopping… Apart from Fethiye, the number of places where you can have such a packed holiday and enjoy every minute are limited.
Oludeniz Fethiye air sports :
Thanks to paragliding, you can watch Oludeniz beach (Blue Lagoon, Dead Sea), a natural beauty, as you gradually ascend from a height of 1969 metres. On a clear day, you can see Rhodes as well as Patara Beach and Dalaman. The tour agencies along the coast of Oludeniz arrange the paragliding. You can make reservations in the morning or on the day before. You receive theoretical and practical training before you flight accompanied by experienced pilots. You travel to the 1700-metre high point with jeeps . The journey, with small ups and downs, takeson average 30 minutes, according to wind conditions.
Butterfly Valley :
One of the most stunning places around Fethiye is Butterfly Valley ( Kelebekler Vadisi ). It is a first-degree protected area, where no from of construction is allowed. After a challenging climb through the rocky annd pine –filled valley, you will see billions of butterflies on the rocks, in the tree trunks, and on the leaves, they cover everything like a shawl to create an amazing view. At first you do not realise them, it seems like that is how it should look. However, a simple sound triggers the butterflies to fly off and cover the sky,with their shadows falling over the valley.
No accommodation is available on the beach of Butterfly Valley. You can spend the night in a tent, inone of the gazebos covered with twigs and leaves, or at one of the terraces built between the branches of the trees. During summer, there is a rural restaurant on the beach. Those running the restaurant will help you in climbing up to the valley, and show you the way.
In order to reach Butterfly Valley, first, you need to travel to the Dead Sea ( Blue Lagoon, Oludeniz beach ) , from there you will reach the beach of the valley with your hired car or use the scheduled boats. Another name for the bay is Kötürümsü Port. The boat trip lasts half an hour. Those who wish can stop off at Mavi Mağara ( Blue Cave) on the way.