Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
*Our current app is built for phones. We hope to deliver an improved tablet option in 2014.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2013 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.
A touch of the icon on a map will display a image and details.
A touch of the image will display search engine.
Images can be searched and a list picture can be displayed.
A database can be changed and various data can also be checked.
-It changes by the MENU key in map screen.
“The app is great and has massive potential” Coolsmartphone
“M8 is a lot more than a simple satnav app” The Next Web - Pick of the Day
M8 - to be pronouned mate - includes maps, sat nav, traffic, speed camera and comprehensive local info. It’s everything you expect from great satnav and maps, except the cost - this one’s free.
SPECIAL SUMMER PROMOTION – Navigate the roads this summer with our national heroes Wallace & Gromit!
Purchase the Wallace & Gromit sat nav voice and get the Anti-Pesto van for free - simply tap the vehicle icon while navigating, hold and scroll through to select Wallace & Gromit's van. You might have to flick through a few, but trust us - it's there! (promotion available until Aug 31st)
Here are a few of the things your new M8 has to offer:
GPS SATNAV, PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION AND QUALITY MAPS
• Live traffic with free traffic updates for ever.
• Turn-by-turn navigation (automatically reroutes you and announces street names).
• 3D landmarks while navigating.
• Professional maps with free automatic updates for ever.
• Fix speed camera alerts and free speed camera updates for ever.
• Dedicated pedestrian navigation with clear directions.
LOCAL INFO AND VOUCHERS
• Look for MyVoucherCodes deals around you (shopping, eat & drink...) and redeem vouchers directly from the app.
• Booking service for hotels with HRS and for restaurants with Book a Table
• Access the Yelp directory for shopping centers and coffee shops.
• TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet’s favourite restaurants and hotels with helpful reviews and pictures.
• Barclays Cycles station with the number of bikes available.
• 1-click access to categories - restaurants, bars, shops, cinemas, parks etc.
• Find the nearest cash machine, supermarket or post office.
• Seamless integration with Facebook and Twitter lets you check where mates are find location tweets around you
• Be part of the M8 community and share tips on the road
IN-APP PURCHASE (ONE TIME FEE)
• Good Pub Guide's best pubs in Britain
• Michelin guide restaurants with reviews
• Live-time speed cam alerts from Cyclops
• Fun navigation voices
Free GPS, sat nav, navigation, maps, traffic, speed cameras and vouchers – all from your local M8.
Heritage Hunter features maps and Information about our History, Stations, Locomotives and local attractions and eateries.
The app features a ‘Heritage Hunt’ where you have five tasks to undertake at each station to complete your scrapbook. At each station carry out the tasks including finding hidden tags at each of the stations. Use the clues in the app scrapbook to find them then use the app scanner by pointing your camera to reveal hidden objects using augmented reality.
Once you have completed 100% of the ‘Heritage Hunter’ you will be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a Family Day Rover and an annual draw to win one year’s free travel on the West Somerset Railway. In addition all completed scrapbook holders will receive West Somerset Railway discount vouchers as a reward for completing the ‘Heritage Hunter’.
Check out our web site for suggested timetable itineraries to allow you to maximise your visit to allow you to visit as many stations as possible.
July sees the start of our Mammals on Roads survey, a nationwide survey of mammal sightings along single-carriageways. To date, over half a million kilometres of road have been surveyed, and changes in counts of species such as hedgehogs, foxes and badgers have been tracked over time. Findings from the survey have already alerted us to the drastic decline in hedgehogs and were the impetus for our hedgehog projects and surveys.
The Mammals on Roads app logs your route and lets you record the mammals (roadkill or healthy) that you spot along the way. You can check your records online and distribution maps of records collected nationally will be available in the future. The information helps us to monitor how populations in the wild are changing from year to year and to act in time if numbers are falling. Mammals on Roads puts you in the driving seat of conservation.
Help us to record the mammals on our roads and together we can work to ensure wild Britain isn’t lost.
Information about permissions:
- Internet: Needed to submit survey results and error reports (if you have enabled this) and retrieve maps
- Access course location, access fine location: We need to know where you are to conduct the survey!
- Access network state, access wifi state, read external storage, write external storage: Needed by the mapping library we use (osmdroid) to display maps properly and store temporary map data
- On some HTC phones, your current location may take a few minutes to appear. We are investigating the problem.
Please email us if you have any questions or problems running the app.