Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
* Our current app is built for phones. We will be releasing an improved tablet option in the next few weeks.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Inspire Me
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
This application is designed by a backpacker+programmer from Taiwan. Collecting UNESCO world heritage sites all around the world is interesting. Hope this application help travelers to find out the information of each world heritage site.
In this application, you can find the latest images, blog posts, weather forecasts of every world heritage sites.
The images are obtained from Flickr API, the weather data are from weatheronline.com, and the blogs are from yahoo.com search API. I cannot guarantee the correctness of weather forecasts and the search results.
In this application, you can add your records, favorites, and subscriptions of the sites.
You can use these functions to record and plan your trips.
The backup / restore functions are based on the same Google Account.
If you have multiple mobile devices with the same google account, you can use backup and restore functions to synchronize them.
The Historic Houses Association (HHA) represents hundreds of privately-owned properties: from ancient castles and opulent palaces to quirky medieval manor houses or elegant Elizabethan mansions. Most have glorious gardens for you to enjoy and many have wonderful restaurants or tea rooms to refresh you after a few hours exploring. Others have even more to offer, from adventure playgrounds and galleries to mini railways and safari parks!
Features of the App include:
• Find a property near you or search the map to plan your trip. Details include photo, description, address, contact details and opening times
• Find out about all the latest events
• Save properties and events to your favourites so you can quickly go back to them
• Browse a gallery of stunning images to inspire you and find out about each property
• Share images and property details with your friends
• Find out about the HHA, read some facts and figures, or become a Friend and visit hundreds of houses and gardens free
Britain’s heritage is here for you to enjoy!
★ Discover great local businesses.
★ Search for nearby restaurants, shops, and services.
★ Filter search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and what’s open now.
★ Read millions of reviews written by a community of active, expert locals.
★ Get to know a business through beautiful photos.
★ Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses.
★ Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app.
★ Write reviews, check-in to businesses, upload photos, and add tips of your own!
This software uses code of FFmpeg (http://ffmpeg.org) licensed under the LGPLv2.1 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.html) and its source can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Yelp/ffmpeg-android
Heritage Hunter features maps and Information about our History, Stations, Locomotives and local attractions and eateries.
The app features a ‘Heritage Hunt’ where you have five tasks to undertake at each station to complete your scrapbook. At each station carry out the tasks including finding hidden tags at each of the stations. Use the clues in the app scrapbook to find them then use the app scanner by pointing your camera to reveal hidden objects using augmented reality.
Once you have completed 100% of the ‘Heritage Hunter’ you will be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a Family Day Rover and an annual draw to win one year’s free travel on the West Somerset Railway. In addition all completed scrapbook holders will receive West Somerset Railway discount vouchers as a reward for completing the ‘Heritage Hunter’.
Check out our web site for suggested timetable itineraries to allow you to maximise your visit to allow you to visit as many stations as possible.
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
NOW no need to register on the app, simply download load of leaflets for great days out.
More and more leaflets added every day.
The top 10 British heritage cities, outside London, are covered by this app:
1) Bath in Somerset
2) Cambridge in East Anglia
3) Carlisle in Cumbria
4) Chester in Cheshire
6) Edinburgh in Scotland
7) Lincoln in Lincolnshire
8) Oxford in Oxfordshire
9) Stratford upon Avon in Warwickshire
10) York in Yorkshire
The app includes an offline map of the UK, showing the location of each city.
Each heritage city is introduced using AUDIO COMMENTARY as well as text/photo's and a list of the top heritage sights you can discover there.
You will also find a complete OFFLINE STREET MAP of each city, showing the location of all the major places, as well as other useful information. Track your location on the maps (for devices with GPS).
Why not visit the heritage cities for yourself? You can choose and book hotels directly from the app.
THE APP RUNS OFFLINE (with the exception of hotel searches) - IDEAL FOR INTERNATIONAL VISITORS.
The official Historypin app reveals photos near your current location and allows you to view them layered over the modern scene in front of you. You can also explore Collections of some of the best old photos from around the world, wherever you are.
You can add your own piece of history and pin it to the map, too, by using your phone to digitise an old photo, capture a modern moment of historic importance, or take a modern replica of a photo on the app.
And if you shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture, your phone will bring up some of the best photos from all over the globe.
Historypin was created by the not-for-profit company We Are What We Do, in partnership with Google.
The app is free to download.
* Explore the Historypin map - the Historypin map has 1000s of images and stories pinned to it and the app allows you to browse this by date and location, using your location to find the nearest content, or exploring remotely.
* Explore the streets - holding your phone up to the street, the app uses your camera view to display nearby images. By selecting the image, it can be overlaid onto the modern view to create an historical comparison, which you can toggle or fade between.
* Read stories and recollections - all stories shared can be accessed through the app.
* Capture a modern moment of history - images taken with the app are immediately pinned to the Historypin map, with any captions and stories you add. Images can also be added from your phone’s albums.
* Digitise an old photo - take photos of old pictures as an easy alternative to scanning them, then add photo details and pin them directly to the Historypin map.
* Take modern equivalents of old classics - when exploring historic content, you can snap exact contemporary replicas
* Browse Collections from anywhere - you can explore selected Collections from Historypin.com
* Shake history up - a simple shake of the app brings up a random piece of content from anywhere in the world
Note: We have done our best to make this an enjoyable app to use. It is only as good as the hardware, GPS, and data signal.
* LIVE CURRENCY RATES & CHARTS
- Every world currency & precious metals
- Live proprietary rates refresh every minute
- 30,000+ currency charts for historic rates
- Rate high & lows for multiple time frames
- Calculate prices with the currency converter
- Simultaneously monitor up to 10 currencies
- Our rates are trusted by millions of people
* PERSONALIZE YOUR SETTINGS
- Shake your device to reset rates
- Set the frequency of rate updates
- Turn currency symbols on or off
- Pin your base currency to the top
* USE IT OFFLINE
- Stores the last updated rates
- Convert prices without internet access
We want to make XE Currency better.
Please send feedback to: email@example.com
Search for a restaurant, movie theater, bank, hospital, public transit information - whatever the need of the hour, and call them from within the app itself. Save points of interest to Favorites, so you can access them later, without having to go online.
Use it anywhere you happen to find yourself, with distances available in km/mile.
Download Around us' today, and you’ll never need to work hard to find a place again!
Hotel Galvez and Its Ghosts: This 20-minute tour shares the story of “The Ghost Bride,” (our most famous long-term guest), as well as lesser known tales and first-hand accounts of staff and visitors. This audio guide is the ideal prologue to some of our more enduring guests and stories are told in light-hearted yet intriguing way guaranteed to hold the interest of the believer and skeptic alike. This application offers playful narrative, historic images of the hotel, and a few treasured photos submitted by guests over the years.
Scrollable images, numeric keypad entry and the keyword search function enable you to access each tour anyway you wish.