Find a National Trust place near you, wherever you are in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland* with our handy app**.
* Our current app is built for phones. We will be releasing an improved tablet option in the next few weeks.
** We are aware that some users have experienced problems with the app. These issues have now been resolved, please try reinstalling the app if you are continuing to experience problems.
***Please note, this app does not include information from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS). The National Trust and NTS are two separate charities, run independently of each other.
Most people don’t think about the workers toiling on the estate who made life comfortable for those who lived in the ‘big house’. Well this is about to change!
Join us, and discover more about the Hardwick’s Stableyard, the focus of the estate worker’s activity.
Find out what the buildings were used for, and how they have been renovated, meet some of the people who lived and worked on the estate in the past and follow our suggestions about how you could explore the Hardwick Estate yourself.
We hope that you are inspired by our stunning property!
Trust Trails helps you locate your nearest Trust property and provides all the essential information you need to plan your visit. Our easy to use maps, descriptions, images and opening times equip you with all you need to explore more than 80 amazing places.
Better yet, it's bursting with outdoor walking trails that take you through our beautiful gardens and grounds, along with themed trails that connect properties based on their unique cultural, historic, and heritage connections. Explore the Jacobite Trail that spans seven properties and some of the most poignant moments of our past. Gardeners are spoiled for choice with our Gardens Trail and families will love the Adventure Playgrounds Trail - why not visit them all!
Once you've visited, leave your mark on these special places by giving each a star-rating, leaving comments and uploading your own images.
• A full list of National Trust for Scotland properties, accessible by a GPS enabled map and ‘near me’ or alphabetical list functions
• Property image galleries
• Property details, opening times, prices and contact information
• Links to Trust Trails and GPS-tracked walks at properties.
Entries may include a description, price info, telephone numbers, website addresses and more.
The 2014 AA Days Out Guide app includes the following main features:
• Over 1,800 attractions in England, Scotland and Wales
• Price information
• Descriptions, including opening times and facilities
• Telephone numbers
• Search around your current location
• Search around a location of your choice
• Inspire Me
This application is designed by a backpacker+programmer from Taiwan. Collecting UNESCO world heritage sites all around the world is interesting. Hope this application help travelers to find out the information of each world heritage site.
In this application, you can find the latest images, blog posts, weather forecasts of every world heritage sites.
The images are obtained from Flickr API, the weather data are from weatheronline.com, and the blogs are from yahoo.com search API. I cannot guarantee the correctness of weather forecasts and the search results.
In this application, you can add your records, favorites, and subscriptions of the sites.
You can use these functions to record and plan your trips.
The backup / restore functions are based on the same Google Account.
If you have multiple mobile devices with the same google account, you can use backup and restore functions to synchronize them.
You can view general tourism leaflets, as well as leaflets for special events, visitor maps and timetables. The Days Out Leaflets app includes the following features:
• View over 1,000 leaflets for UK tourist attractions
• Favourites, build up your own list of leaflets
• Set reminders for your favourite events
• Using GPS you can search for leaflets around your current location
• Browse leaflets by region / county
• Search for specifit tourist attractions
• Share with your friends
• Google Maps
The easy way to find great days out!
NOW no need to register on the app, simply download load of leaflets for great days out.
More and more leaflets added every day.
★★★★★ You will LOVE THIS App!
Best Travel English application you will come across!
Perfect for beginners and very helpful and very practical for traveling anywhere in the world! Booking a hotel or a restaurant will be an ease! It’s perfect for what you needed for booking hotels and flights, shopping and traveling.
You will really appreciate the simple arrangement of this application. It’s very useful and intuitive, and it’s user friendly.
The lessons are broken down into sections (basics, dining, shopping, etc.) so you can focus in on a section that you need, study it, then move to another section. After you've been through all the sections, you can then start combining different phrases and make some great sentences.
This Travel English application has the perfect balance of vocabulary, grammar, most commonly used phrases divided different sections, so whether you are just taking a quick weekend getaway to lovely New York City or planning a longer trip all over the world, this Travel English application will surely have you covered.
These perfectly and beautifully formatted English Travel lessons include . . .
- Booking a trip
- Talking about travel plans
- Asking on flights
- Asking about transportation using Where
- Asking about transportation using How
- Asking about transportation times
- Asking for directions
- Talking about travel experience
- Asking about travel facilties
- Making requests at the hotel front desk
- Ordering at a restaurant
Travel English application is a down-to-earth, bare-bones introduction to English that aims to make your trip abroad as smooth and enjoyable as possible!
These information-packed lessons focus on preparing you to travel in English speaking countries in a limited time by concentrating on what is most useful or interesting to travelers and cutting out all the unnecessary vocabulary, grammar and expressions
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to speak English fluently and confidently in many traveling situations!
The app offers you the unique opportunity to communicate abroad without any special language skills, as it can simply speak the translation as required. Easily understandable illustrations make communication even easier.
You can use the "Travel Interpreter" to order plane tickets, book hotel rooms, take a car to be repaired or order a meal in a restaurant without any language skills at all. More than 2,200 phrases and words are included for each language, all of which are clearly categorized according to the respective topic, such as customs, hotel, service, driving, car services, sightseeing, entertainment, eating and drinking, sport and leisure.
The integrated search function makes it even easier to find what you need. If, for example, you want to book a single room in a hotel, simply key in "single" and the phrase "I would like to book a single room" already appears on the screen.
• More than 2,200 illustrated phrases and words with audio tracks are included per language.
• You can download up to 32 target languages: German, French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Russian, Bulgarian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Hindi, Vietnamese, Farsi, Catalan, Romanian and Ukrainian.
• You download only the languages you need. Each language takes about 25 MB free space on your SD-card.
• Favorites category for saving words and phrases in to your own list.
• Exercise based on the flashcard drill concept, so that you can learn words and phrases from your favorites list.
• All phrases are spoken by native speakers.
• Precise and simple categories with topics and sub-topics.
• Fast full text search function, also for partial words.
• All content stored on the device, no internet connection required for use. You only need to download the necessary languages ones.
• Each entry is illustrated, making communication even easier.
• Very easy to use by young and old.
• Includes phonetic characters for the following languages: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi and Thai.
The application offers you the same search functions as those on the websites.
Moreover, you can search for hotels on the map by GPS and share the search results with your friends.
* Hotel information is written in Japanese.
*Overview of app:
- A complete rail and subway map of the Tokyo area
- Transit search
- Offline Wi-Fi spot search
- Maps and spot information
- All-in-one route search
- Train Service Status / Alternative Route Search
- Issue free 14 day ID/PASS for NTT FREE Wi-Fi (from outside of Japan)
[FREE] Transit search
- Covers all local and express trains, subways, and bullet trains in Japan, including Japan Rail (JR) and Tokyo Metro (subway)
- Search directly from a zoomable interactive map of the Tokyo area
- Save up to 5 recent routes. Details of the routes can be seen even while offline.
[FREE] Offline Wi-Fi hotspot locator
- You can find over 50,000 free Wi-Fi spots operated by NTT FREE Wi-Fi, FREESPOT, Starbucks, JR-West Free Wi-Fi and Osaka Free Wi-Fi. The spots can be searched offline
- AR mode will tell you the approximate distance and direction to the Wi-Fi spot
- Issue a free 14 day ID/PASS for NTT FREE Wi-Fi (from outside of Japan)
[FREE] Maps and spot information
- Locate your current position on the map using GPS
- Look for places to visit across Japan from a database of four million points-of-interest in English
- A list of attractive must-see sightseeing spots around Tokyo, including Asakusa, Roppongi, Akihabara, Tsukiji, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Ueno, Ebisu and Mt. Fuji is available
[PAID] All-in-one route search
- Provides door-to-door directions and suggests the best mode of transportation for the journey
- Covers all public transportation modes (train, subway, bus, airplane, taxis and ferries)
- For train routes, the app will suggest the most convenient car number for transit and provide platform information. For taxis, it will give a price estimate.
- Turn-by-turn GPS pedestrian navigation available for walking routes
- Train station list
- Save up to 50 recent routes. Details of the routes can be seen even while offline.
[PAID] Train Service Status / Alternative Route Search
- If there is a delay on a train line that is suggested in the route, a notification will alert you. Alternative routes can also be searched where available.
To use full features of the app, please purchase the 7 days or 30 days ticket via In-App-Payments.
With a device running Android OS 4.0 or later, set the following items in "Developer options" initial configuration to operate our app properly.
- Force GPU rendering
- Do not keep activities
- Background process limit
- Show all ANRs
Features of our Android travel guide:
- Pick a country or major city to download its guide.
- A downloaded guide works offline, without an internet connection.
- The app is a self starter, it suggests you things to see and do.
- Each guide includes a country map and detailed city maps for the top cities.
- Each guide includes info about the major sights, great restaurants, different nightlife options and more.
- Currency converter.
- Phrasebooks for the non-English locations.
- Weather forecast (updated when online).
- Current events (updated when online).
- Information about local wildlife, festivals, culture, food.
Once installed you have access to country guides covering most of the world and ranging from old time european favorites like Italy, Spain and France to more exotic destinations like Thailand, Vietnam or Cambodia.
If you only want a single city and don't want to download an entire country into this guide, we also provide city guides, covering the major tourist cities in Europe like Amsterdam, Rome, Paris and London, but also for slightly smaller places like Brussels, Oslo and Prague. Listing the full depth of our content would be a bit for this space!
What people are saying:
"Leave your Lonely Planet or Frommers at home. Your phone and a Triposo guide is all you need."
"Triposo works offline and even has an offline map. So no roaming charges. And it's free!"
"You really saved our India trip when it turned out that our data roaming didn't properly work."
About our guides:
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use freely available content. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and OpenStreetMap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate, throw in a bit of content we get from our community - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We setup the app according to your locale, but if you want otherwise, you can set your home currency (for the currency converter) if you tap the top bar and choose Account. There you can also switch between imperial and metric units (fahrenheit/celsius, feet/meters) for the weather forecast temperatures and for distances.
If you see any problem with the app, please write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can figure out what’s wrong and fix it. Thanks!
Using this app, you can learn English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Turkish, Portuguese, Arabic & Vietnamese from our multilingual parrot. The parrot works together with you to practice your speaking and listening skills, wherever and whenever you are. Learning new languages can never be easier.
When chatting with international friends, you can ask the parrot to speak on behalf of you by playing the authentic pronunciation of the phrase. Language barrier will no longer stop you from making new friends. If you are travelling to United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, etc., make sure you bring this app with you!
• Commonly-used phrases & vocabularies
• Authentic pronunciation
• Record & compare your pronunciation
• Store & manage your favorite phrases
• Search for phrases & vocabulary by keyword
• No Internet connection required
• Full localization (e.g., Spanish → Japanese, English → Chinese, German → Korean, French → Italian)
Note that all content in both "Travel" and "Basic" categories are locked in this free version, user can either pay an one-off fee to unlock them permanently or see an advertisement for a free trial.
• Web Site:
Have you experienced any difficulty reading menu while you are traveling?
Now you have a Solution!
Menu Translator shows you a translation of menus by just placing a Smartphone camera on top of the actual text that you want to translate.
Here is How it works:
1. Download the Menu Translator
2. Download the language dictionary you want to translate
3. Start the application and simply place a Smartphone camera in front of the text you would like to translate. AR translator with word recognition camera will do the rest.
It is that Easy!
Let’s try and experience on-the-go translation application.
And order right menu at the right time！
1) The accuracy will be affected if the font on the menu is uncommon, or too large or too small. It may not read properly if the menu names are too unique.
2) In the environment where it is too bright or too dark will reduce the accuracy of the Menu Translator.
3) Use of Menu Translator will NOT incur any data transmission fee for your phone, because this translation process does not require network connectivity.
4) Menu Translator can be used on any Smartphone or Tablet equipped with camera and running Android 2.3 or above.
*Hutchison 3 hk shall be the only mobile operator in Hong Kong which provides Menu Translator.
Map – Official National Park Service map of the central tourist area in Washington, D.C. Easy to use while outdoors, the map features large font sizes, walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and three zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Park Lens – Find out what is around you with augmented reality. Just hold up your device and look through the camera. Labels will appear identifying all sites on the National Mall.
Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
Sites – Learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging podcasts under the “Album” button. The “Info” button includes the site’s location, hours of operation, nearest Metro station, and other essential information.
Tours – Follow a recommended tour depending on how much time you have or your special interest—from memorials to presidents to military monuments to destinations off the beaten path. You can even create personal tours with the “My Tour” feature—just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps the route for you.
Events and News – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the National Mall and Memorial Parks.
Postcard – Send a digital postcard to friends and family from the National Mall with the tap of a button.
Park Partner – The Trust for the National Mall strives to make the National Mall the best park in the world. Learn more about the essential assistance this organization provides.
Small size – Weighing in at 13.7MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 3G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available on the east end the National Mall.