Jekyll is an awesome tool for blogging, especially since it integrates so nicely with GitHub pages. MrHyde tries to bring some of that awesomeness to your Android device, by letting you write and edit posts without having to install Jekyll, Git or any other fancy tool.
With MrHyde you can login to your GitHub, Bitbucket or GitLab account, browse all your repositories, make any changes you want, and then preview the result on your device before committing and pushing your changes.
- Login with GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket
- Regular Git workflow (pull & commit & push)
- View all repositories you have access to (including private ones)
- Quickly create and edit new posts / drafts
- Mark favorite repositories for quicker lookup
- Edit and create new files / folders / images
- Preview Jekyll result on device without pushing your changes
- Markdown cheatsheet
- Completely free and open source
If you feel this app has helped you while working with Jekyll or have some idea of how to improve the app, don't hesitate to drop us a note. We love to hear what you think about MrHyde and what we could do to bring even more of Jekyll's glory to the android world.
This app is part of the Android Challenge where we (a small group of passionate students who love android) are building one Android app every month in 2015. MrHyde is our app for April. If you want to know more head over to our website at http://faudroids.org and make sure to leave a comment with your thoughts.