Nice app, small problem Connects to Calibre and copies books across fine. However, metadata seems to be lost - author, title etc are all gone. Is this a bug or some extra setup step I need to do which could be made clearer?
Confused I love FBR Reader, it has done everything required. I've upgraded to Premium, and now I'm encountering features that I'm unsure whether I need them or not. I don't know what Calibre is, or DjVu. I just want to read books with no fuss, preferably offline. I could do that better with FBR free. Still love the main App, though.
Does not work. Nothing I did would make my tablet and Calibre talk to each other or acknowledge each others' existence. Not even any incompatibility messages, just a continued instance that there is no catalog to connect to.
I have a nit. Actually, for my use case, it's a serious problem. As advertised, it does seamlessly connect with the calibre server on my local network. However, it (or maybe the install of FBReader Pro) removed the calibre server on a potentially external network, and I'm having trouble putting it back. I don't think it should have taken away a feature I had working. In other words, typing in the URL was a major pain, partly because it is not documented that the URL is different for FBReader than for a browser. It is now easy, if it's a URL on the local network. (You have to add /opds for FBReader). Typing the URL for a non-local network is still a major pain, if possible at all, and this plugin or some other part of the FBReader infrastructure is making me do it again twice.
This plugin works great when I'm at home and connected to my LAN. However, books that are downloaded to read away from home are lacking basics such as correct title and author. I can understand not copying the complete set of metadata from Calibre, but this is really lacking. OK, they seem to have updated either this program or the main program. Now, MOST of my epubs and PDFs are copying over with correct author, title & various other info. There are still some that don't, and anything that I added to my tablet before the change are still lacking.
It works now after FBReader updates. After added Calibre server to library, when I visited it, said http/1.1 500 Internal server error. But I test the server on PC, it works fine. Update needed.
1.2.1: Compatibility with upcoming FBReader Premium
1.2: Compatible with newest android devices
1.1: (Andorid 2.3+) Local network IP address can be entered manually
1.0.1: Cosmetic changes
Initial version: this plugin has been splitter from FBReader main program to avoid WiFi permission requirements in the main program.
E-book reader. Multi-format, highly customizable. Supports cloud synchronization
Ebook reader. Multi-format, highly customizable. Supports cloud synchronization.