Hexiano™ is a Free/Open-source isomorphic musical keyboard. Isomorphic keyboards are about 12 times easier to learn than the traditional keyboard layout.
Keyboard layouts supported are:
* Wicki-Hayden (Jammer)
* Harmonic Table (Sonome)
This isn't just an app, it turns your Android device into a musical instrument like the Thummer (Thumtronics) or AXiS-64 (C-Thru Music). It works best on recent mid- to high-end devices with large accurate multitouch screens. Old or low-end devices tend to only support 2 simultaneous touches, and are very inaccurate.
On slow devices, especially with a single-core CPU, it's not responsive while it's loading and can take over 20 seconds to load all of the sound samples. Unfortunately, the Android sound system likes to hog the single processor core while it's doing this. I'm looking into what can best be done about this issue.
* Better preferences.
* Changes to key/note code.
* Partial Midi support.
* Bug fixes.
Thanks to David Randolph for releasing the source code for IsoKeys 0.76 and earlier under the GPLv3. It has been a great help for learning to develop for Android. This is the first app that I've released. (I'm now also learning the jammer!)
Note that ads and tracking have been removed in this release (too much of a learning curve). I intend to bring back the ads, but there will be a donation version without ads. F-Droid users will never see ads on this app (http://f-droid.org/ ).
* 0.82.1 ALPHA:
- Changed logo!
- Added 5 new colour schemes and changed default.
- Renamed colour scheme 'White' to 'Slate'.
- Reduced filesize slightly.
- Fixed media volume behaviour.
- Fixed square orientation crop bug.
- Minor cosmetic fixes.
* 0.82.0 ALPHA:
- Renamed from IsoKeys to Hexiano!
* 0.81.0 ALPHA:
- Load audio samples on-the-fly for a responsive startup with a nice splash-like visual!
- No reload of audio on screen orientation switch.
* 0.80.3 ALPHA:
- Preferences: Added MIDI outline and donate link.
- Single-touch Chording for Jammer!
- A couple of bug fixes.
* 0.80.2 ALPHA:
- Fixed some preference bugs.
* 0.80.1 ALPHA:
- Renamed package from com.inept.isokeys to org.gitorious.jamesjrh.isokeys
- Changed default layout to Jammer (my primary focus).
- Cleaned up some more code.
- Fixed multitouch.
- Cleaned up code a bit.
- Removed ads and tracking.
* (Based on IsoKeys 0.76)