If you cannot install the free version your phone does not have a compass, which is required for the director function.
This app is simular to the free Satellite Director but has Warning: metal covers/cases or covers/cases with metal/magnetic closure will influence/disrupt the compass of your phone or tablet. Do not use these covers !! New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
additional features, some may require the use of internet:
- enter street and city to get your location coordinates
- your location coordinates via network and/or GPS
- find the exact location with the help Google Maps
- see in satellite view above your location where to point the dish
- create your own satellite sat-lists with only those satellites in it that you want using the build-in satellite list
- reduce and sort the satellite list without restarting the app
- on-line help pages
- 'simple' mode without balancing the phone
- export/import the satellite lists to SD card (backup)
- overrule the build-in satellite list with your own list
- up to 6 satellites simultaniously displayed
- display for your location and all satellites the values for: azimuth, elevation and skew
- the current location via the network
- update the satellite list from a source (USSTRATCOM-AGI) or website (sats.csv, Enigma satellite.xml, Satellite Calculations)
Finding a TV satellite, in azimuth, can be pretty difficult. Before you can find it with a compass you have to do some
calculations using GPS location, magnetic variation, compass azimuth and satellite azimuth.
Satellite Director replaces all of that.
Just enable the GPS in your phone or enter your GPS location or use the map to find your location,
select the desired TV satellite and point your phone to the sky to target (find) the TV satellite.
Balance your phone. You have found the satellite when the white ball is in the white circle
and the cyan ball is in the cyan circle. Align the offset arm, in azimuth, of the satellite dish to the cyan arrow on
the phones display and the satellite dish is aligned in azimuth with the satellite.
Selectable audio tone, camera preview, continuous mode (no pause), color pickers or a user defined satellite position may make it easier for you to find the desired TV satellite.
The satellite list contains 280 satellites.
Warning: metal covers/cases or covers/cases with metal/magnetic closure will influence/disrupt the compass of your phone or tablet. Do not use these covers !! New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
New phones with Android 4: remember that the "Settings" screen has options to correct the compass readings, if needed.
It's easy to use: select one or a set of satellites from the list and direct your smartphone camera to see them in augmented reality. Satellite Pointer also displays valuable informations: current position, sea level, Azimuth and Elevation. Furthermore, this app offers great user experience alongside with beautiful design inspired from Google’s MATERIAL DESIGN.
This amazing satellite finder tool helps facilitating dish set up.
For example, if you are equipped with a Dreambox (ENIGMA II or higher), you can simply connect it to Satellite Pointer by filling in your IP address and your password. Then, you will just have to direct your dish toward the satellite (you will observe it in augmented reality) until you reach a good signal (which will be displayed on the app).
Satellite Pointer gives you access to a database containing the channels’ list and their frequency for each satellite.
★ Track satellites in realtime.
★ View the recent path of the satellite.
★ Spin the globe and pinch to zoom.
★ Tap a satellite to see it's path for next 8 hours.
Choose which satellite sets to display from Space Stations (including the ISS International Space Station), GPS, Military to Weather satellites.
See the app help for a color key.
Position data is from Celestrak.
Satellites in wrong place? check your phone time and timezone is correct!
Tags: satellite tracker, satellite finder, ISS space station, realtime, space, orbit
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
YOU WILL NEED SATELLITE RECEIVER WITH ENIGMA 1 OR ENIGMA 2 SOFTWARE TO USE THIS SOFTWARE.
SUPPORTS ALL currently existing Enigma1 and Enigma2 receivers and images, has same interface for both versions and works remotely (just forward web port and you can connect from anywhere). Additionally it allows you to ZAP channels, take screenshots and watch live TV streams directly on your device. SatFinder for Dreambox, VU+ and many others.
- make sure you have video player with RTSP stream support (VPlayer or Daroon player)
- user internal IP address (192.168...) instead of public IP/hostname to avoid problems with routing and port forwarding. Once you're sure it's working locally and you have UPLOAD speed of more than 5-6 MBit/s try to forward TCP ports 80, 8001 and 31339.
Tested and working on this receivers:
- Dreambox DM500
- Dreambox DM500HD
- Dreambox DM600
- Dreambox DM7000
- Dreambox DM7020
- Dreambox DM7025
- Dreambox DM800
- Dreambox DM800SE
- Dreambox DM8000
- VU+ Uno
- VU+ Duo
- AzBox Premium
- AzBox HD Elite
- AzBox Ultra HD
- Kathrein UFS 910
- IPBox 9000
- Amiko Alien
- Topfield TF 7700HD PVR
- Gigablue solo
- ClarkeTech ET9000
- ClarkeTech Xtrend ET5000
For informations and support visit
SatFinder Android takes what was once a rather complex technical job requiring a knowledge of ZIP codes, city and state names, or geograhic positions, plus a hand bearing compass and an inclinometer, and collapses it into an easy-to-use Android application that locates itself, finds your satellite, and then tells you where it is by pointing to it.
The SatFinder Android Home Page is located at http://arachnoid.com/android/SatFinderAndroid
This app uses advanced algorithms allowing much quicker access to the time data provided by the GPS circuit. What is incredible is that it can often show correct time and date while other apps still report 0 satellites in view! It has an automatic detection of the best available time and date raw info and uses dimmed text color as notification (warning) about unsettled outputs. Satellite Time Reader has a beautiful, retro-style user interface and will run on nearly any Google mobile/smart phone. Take it with you during you next holiday or while you are on a (sports) trip somewhere outdoors - you will love it!
Multilanguage support: English, German
This is the FREE version. The FULL version offers the following additional features and settings:
a) No advertising banner!
b) No permissions for internet access required!
c) Setting the system time (transferring the GPS based local time to your system time). THIS FEATURE ONLY WORKS ON SOME DEVICES WITH ROOT ACCESS AND MIGHT NOT WORK ON YOUR DEVICE! This is a limitation of the Android operating system – there is absolutely NO app on the market which can set the system time of a non-rooted device! And: It is not possible to synchronize system time and GPS based local time perfectly. There will always be some deviation (usually less than a second).
d) Keep screen on feature (avoid sleep mode while the app is active). Be aware that the GPS receiver draws a LOT of energy from your batteries!
e) Additional color schemes (white on blue, white on dark grey) - and the standard LCD scheme
1.) If the GPS time shows a wrong time, takes very long to receive, stops or does not appear at all, the GPS reception is not sufficient. This is not an issue related to the app!
2.) Using the GPS receiver consumes a lot of energy from your battery! It is not recommended to keep the app open for a longer time while it is on battery power only!
3.) If the local time is off by more than half an hour to the real local time then you have selected a wrong time zone in your device. Please correct the time zone FIRST and then the system / device time.
4.) Depending on your GPS hardware (!) this app offers instant (or at least ultra-quick) time info – much faster than traditional GPS monitor / tracking apps or maps based location / navigation apps! Note that this feature is known to work on Samsung Nexus S but cannot be guaranteed to work on your device. Reporting the status (fast or slow) on your device is highly appreciated (please send an email).
5.) You can tap on one of the three sections on your screen to get a short help about what is displayed in this section.
6.) Give it a try and test the free / lite version of this app. If you are satisfied after evaluation please consider buying the full / pro version (see details below).
I hope you have fun with this app! If so, please give a good rating and leave a comment. If you are not satisfied, please write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org instead. Please describe what you don’t like plus give us a hint how it could be improved. You can also share this app with your best friend using the share button in the options menu - or use the Like button to find appformatics.com on Facebook.
"GPS Area Measure" is an excellent application for the calculation of the area on the map. App gives the highly accurate area, distance, angle and volume information.
Easy and fast insertion point can coordinate with the very delicate.
GPS Area Measure is used for:
- Map Measure
- Outdoor Measure
- Road repairing
- Range finder
- Distance measure
- Seal coating
- Jog tracking
- Field and pasture area measure
- Garden and farm work and planning
- Agricultural measure
- Solar panel installation
- Roof area estimation
- Trip planning
- Support for 50 languages
- GPS Tracking support
- Distance, Angle and Area Modes
- Metric and Imperial units
- Distance between points
- Angle between lines
- Area calculation
- Address information
- Volume calculation
- Direction info for lines (N/NNE/NE/ENE/E/ESE/SE/SSE/S/SSW/SW/WSW/W/WNW/NW/NNW)
- GPS coordinates for selected point
- Manage saved KML files (Open, Save and Share)
- Export KML file format to Google Earth and Google Maps
- Terrain and Satellite Views
- Delete last point or all points
Puedes ver nuestro vídeo en: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLM0D-KyeEI
Las características principales de la aplicación son:
1.- Distancia al epicentro del evento sísmico y parámetros epicentrales.
2.- Geolocalización de la posición del usuario y del epicentro.
3.- En caso de haber sentido un terremoto, posibilidad de envío de un formulario macrosísmico a través de sencillos iconos animados.
4.- Posibilidad de envío de fotografía a la RSN (Red Sísmica Nacional) en caso de encontrar algún daño o efecto del evento sísmico.
5.- Posibilidad de activar el servicio de envío de notificaciones en caso de evento sísmico.
2013 IGN-CNIG (www.ign.es)
Aplicación desarrolada por EDINTEC (www.edintec.es)
This app shows earthquakes for the past few hours. There is one tab for the University of Chile Earthquake center and one for the US Geological Survey (USGS), as each have their own monitoring stations.
We do not read data directly from the Centro Sismológico Nacional Universidad de Chile website directly, because that site usually crashes when there is much traffic. Instead we read the data from European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) . UChile sends the data directly there and that site always works, even when there is heavy traffic.
We also read data directly from the US Geological Survey (USGS). They only report strong earthquakes (> 4.0) for Chile and not all earthquakes. So you will often see no data there. Sometimes they report earthquakes that UChile does not. When they both report earthquakes the magnitude is usually different, so you can make a comparison.
Because we read the data from (EMSC) and not uChile you will see that our calculation of the nearest cities will sometimes be different from what is shown at http://www.sismologia.cl/
This is not an official app. We encourage you to check with ONEMI is the event of any emergency.
While you are on this page we invite you to read our magazine Southern Pacific Review featuring http://southernpacificreview.com/ “Latin America’s Best Writing.” We publish in-depth reporting on news and culture in Chile, air pollution in Chile, short stories, poems, and film reviews, mostly in English.
用户可以轻易透过 BT蓝芽方式传输读取装置上所接收到的卫星数据，包括 收星强度值 / 坐标经纬度 / 高度 / 航向 / GNSS时间 以及当地时间 / 速度单位可依照用户偏好选择 (KMH/MPH/Knot)，卫星分布以及讯号强度显示画面，可随时放大或缩小。
最后，用户也可以依据自我需求，记录当下 NMEA 接收数据，以作为其它用途或是分析上使用。
The altitude is queried from open MapQuest API which yields in a more accurate result than receiving the altitude by GPS. So this widget is also interesting for hiking (altimeter).
GPS coordinates can save lifes in emergency situations (e.g. when you get lost in the mountains).
o Display your current location in numbers
o Additional information (Street, City, GPS satellite fix)
o Shows your altitude with high accuracy
Locked features (can be unlocked with some Good Karma ;-)):
o Share your location with friends via SMS, Email, etc.
o Different location formats are supported (Latitude and Longitude in Decimal Degrees, Degrees/Minutes, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM), w3w (what3words.com))
Note 1: To save battery power you should switch off the widget when you do not need it. You can force the widget to switch off automatically after some time in the settings.
Note 2: This is no GPS toggle widget. You can not turn on and off GPS. You simply get clear information about your current location.
To add widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->GPS Widget
If you like the widget, I would be glad if you donate (its free for you) and earn some Good Karma Points in the settings view!
The widget needs the following permissions because:
o Your location: it's obvious ;-)
o Network communication: query altitude, donation via Tapjoy
o Storage*: donation via Tapjoy
o Phone calls*: donation via Tapjoy
(*) You don't want to accept these permissions? Get "GPS Widget Pro" without the option to donate -> no "Storage" and "Phone calls" permission is required.
Install up to 13,000 objects (Messier, NGC and IC catalogs included). Search and filter or just browse the catalogs. Each star chart (normal and night) includes 1, 2 and 4-degree finder circles and each object display screen includes essential data about the object.
Log the date, time and location of observation as well as equipment used, seeing, transparency and text notes. Backup and restore your data to move between devices, or export to an HTML file that can be printed and submitted for observing awards.
Create target lists, user-defined lists to help you organize a night's observing. Add an object to one target list or multiple target lists. Mark an object as a favorite for future reference.
Manage your favorite equipment profiles and favorite observing locations for quick logging. And even use your device's GPS to pre-populate the location field.
This app is free and includes donation functionality. I hope you like it, and if you think it's worth a dollar or two I won't turn it down
Currently the free application allows access to the following options 6, 7, 10, 14, 23 and 24.
1. 2D FOLD = Calculation of 2D attribute data, fold, offset, bin size and roll on distances.
2. 3D FOLD = Calculation of 3D attribute data, fold, offset, bin size, source and receiver densities.
3. ARRAY DATA = Design of field arrays based on reflection data considerations for both zero, up dip and down dip shooting scenarios.
4. ARRAY NOISE = Design of field arrays targeting noise cancellation based on noise data characteristics.
5. BIN SIZE = Design of subsurface bin size for temporal, lateral and noise based considerations.
6 DATASEIS = Calculations of recorded data size based on recording format characteristics.
7. DECIBELS = Conversion from dB to Amplitude and Amplitude to dB tool.
8. EVENTS = Calculation of event characteristics, frequency, velocity and wavelength from field records techniques.
9. MIGRATION = Design of migration aperture for structural, diffraction energy and Fresnel radius considerations.
10. NYQUIST = Conversion of sampling interval to nyquist and nyquist to sampling interval tool.
11. OCTAVES = Conversion of bandwidth to octaves tool.
12. RECORD = Design of recording length to ensure maximum offset data capture.
13. REFLECTION = Calculation of reflection coefficient based on two layer characteristics.
14. SWEEP = Redesign of linear sweep based on new frequency range and original sweep attributes to preserve power while optimising sweep efficiency.
15. VELOCITY = Calculation of interval velocity for two layer scenario.
16. VIBROSEIS = Calculation of vibroseis S/N sweep improvement and redesign of sweep based on change in number of vibrators available, power or sweep length modifications.
17. FIELD RECORD = Handy field stylised reference used to identify events and corresponding characteristic velocities which can be typically found on raw seismic records.
18. FORMATIONS = Quick reference of P wave, S wave and formation densities associated with most commonly occurring seismic reflectors and refractors.
19. GEOLOGICAL TIME = Quick guide reference of geological time periods.
20. OGP & IAGC = Quick links to land and marine safety standards and documentation. Hi potential incident listings, land safety manuals, OGP and IAGC reference publications.
21. SEG POLARITY – Quick guide reference and links to SEG polarity standards for recording systems, field receivers and vibrator hardwires and tests.
22. VIBRATION STANDARDS – Common vibration standards and effects used in determining minimum offset standards for dynamite and vibroseis operations. Quick links to DIN and ISO standards.
23. BID DESIGN – Online request for tendering & contract design services for land & transition seismic exploration surveys.
24. CONSULTANTS - Online request for seismic project managers, operations coordinators, operational QC’s and safety supervisors.
NEWS & INFORMATION
25. INDUSTRY NEWS = Quick links and RSS feeds for industry news on exploration, production, finance, USGS, SEG, EAGE and crew activity websites.
26. SEISMIC JOBS = RSS feed for seismic job listings for Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe and CIS, Middle East, North America and South America.
Currently the free application allows access to the following options 6, 7, 10, 14, 23 and 24.
Data source is from USGS (United States Geological Survey)
- Easy navigation and location as map view or list view
- Filter content by significance, magnitude or range using settings
- See event in USGS web site
- Receive notification of the most significant events for the past 24 hour
- See each event in detail view with a map focused to the event location
This App has been upgraded to Seismic QC. Search for pocketseisapps on the store.
Currently the paid application contains the following functionality;
-2D fold, offset and roll on calculator
-3D fold calculator
-Array design - Data considerations
-Array design - Noise cancellation
- Data Size - Calculator
- Calculates expected record size.
- dB to Amplitude converter
-Din based vibration standards
-Field record event attribute calculator
-Field record event identification
-Geological velocities classifications
-Geological time scale reference
-Linear sweep rate and redesign function based on bandwidth
-Nyquist frequency table and calculator
-Migration Aperture calculator
- Structural Aperture
- Diffraction Aperture
- 1st Fresnel Aperture
-Record length calculator
-Reflection coefficient calculator
-Subsurface bin size calculator
- Temporal Frequency
- Lateral Resolution
- Spatial Noise Alias
-SEG polarity reference
- Recording Spread
- Scribe Tape
- Vibrator Accelerometers
- Vibrator Pulse
- Hardwire Records
-Vibrator S/N plus sweep redesign function
- Vibrator reduction
-Built in formula help and description
The free editions have limited functionality.
xGraphing app makes creating mathematical graphs easy and intuitive!
Support for small and large (phone and tablet) devices!
1) Plotting mathematical functions with given equation is the basis.
Application offers all most popular mathematical functions and operators like:
•• math functions, sinus, cosinus, tangens, absolute value, exponential function, arcus sinus, arcus cosinus, arcus tangens, logarithm and square root
•• math operators: addition, substraction, multiplication, division, exponentiation
2) Besides standard method, also the new useful method exists!:
•• Creating function graphs and calculating equations from points specified by user!
•• After user will give chosen points on screen he recieves function graph with equation - Just tap some points on the screen and admire a splendid function graph with equation!!
•• Up to 4 points are supported!
3) The whole is completed by additional functions and splendid user interface:
•• moving/zooming visible coordinate system area with pan/pinch gestures
•• interactive functions list which allows to select, edit, translate by vector or just delete function
•• visible coordinate system area settings window
4) Additional functions:
•• Sharing visible coordinate system sector
•• Saving coordinate system to file
5) The modern tutorial showing all base application functions!