DishPoint: Point your phone towards the sky to see on the live camera screen where the satellites are, any line of sight (LoS) issues and the look angles. Couldn't be easier to install your sat dish with this augmented reality satellite finder.
- Installation of a satellite dish to get the best signal quality, that requires expertise and experienced installation
- When making changes or installing a new satellite dish will need to hire a technician to install
satellite dishes every time
- Select satellite from list by name or position
- Select satellite dish to find the offset of each dish
- Measured perpendicular of the satellite dish
- Find satellite through the camera for obstructions between satellites to satellite dish, display Show the position of the satellite, display azimuth,elevation angle
- Find the elevation angle (EL) of the satellite dish. Hold mobile on a front of plate in the center of the satellite dish. Adjustment satellite elevation ‘s angle up or down to the correct angle
- Find the azimuth angle (AZ) of satellite dish. Hold mobile on back of plate to get away from the plate about 10-15 cm. rotating satellite dish to the left or right to the correct angle. User can see the arrow on the screen or listen to the audio.
- Find the polarization angle of the receiver (LNB). Hold mobile on LNB, rotating LNB up or down to the correct angle. User can see the arrow on the screen or listen to the audio.
Keywords: dishpointer,satfinder,dishalign,elevation,Dish,satellite dish,signal,azimuth,Pointer,Satellite
-High contrast design for visibility
-Series of 4 "LED" lights that light up in clockwise order, starting at green, graduating to yellow then orange, and ending at red
-Instantly detects any fluctuation or spike in the surrounding area
-Easy to use "one tap operation" single toggle switch
-360 degree real time analyzer
-Response time of 10 milliseconds!
- Use a compass to show the direction. By the red pointer points to the north. And the black pointer points to the south.
- Available in both the vertical and the horizontal.
- You can adjust the angle reference.
- Use to adjust the angle of the satellite dishes.
How to use
1. Select the satellite you want to receive.
2. View the azimuth of the satellites (the values are different in each area).
3. Adjust the value by rotate the orange circle of the compass by azimuth degree to match the letter "N" of the black circle.
4. Rotate the compass by the red pointer points to the letter "N" in the orange circle, we know that we will turn the satellite dish to the direction of the red arrow Fast forward to.
Warnings and Precautions
* If this application does not work or show the word "Wait" for a long time, your device may not have a compass sensor or may due to failure of the device.
* Be careful of the disturbance caused to the compass. It may cause an error in the measurement. This disturbance may be caused by magnetic field or devices that contain magnets.
- Choose the satellite you want.
- Make sure the location sensors are activated on your mobile.
- Once your position is found, press "Calculate".
- You will see the desired azimuth and elevation at the top and in the bottom the values returned by your device sensors.
- Follow the indication of the arrow until the red circle turns green.
- Tune the signal strength with your receiver and TV.
Consider the type of dish (circular, ellipsoid) to get the right elevation. Read the following article for more information. http://www.satsig.net/polmount.htm
This app is free and may contain ads.
*** This application is not longer maintained or supported *** Does not work on Verizon *** 3G & CDMA Support is limited by Android, not by the application *** CDMA requires Eclair ***
Works best with 2G GSM. 3G/CDMA support is very limited.
Please understand what this tool does and does not do before you rate it. If you are not interested in the esoteric details of how the cellular network works, please do not download this app, it will frustrate you and be a waste of your time. Please check website for details.
I have reports that Verizon now blocks locations. Other providers may do same. Bummer. If your provider blocks, please be considerate and don't downrate the app. Not my fault.
Yes it is a battery hog - it needs to be.
No longer supported - latest versions of Android and 3G/4G networks may not be compatible. Please look at OpenCellID instead.
Install up to 13,000 objects (Messier, NGC and IC catalogs included). Search and filter or just browse the catalogs. Each star chart (normal and night) includes 1, 2 and 4-degree finder circles and each object display screen includes essential data about the object.
Log the date, time and location of observation as well as equipment used, seeing, transparency and text notes. Backup and restore your data to move between devices, or export to an HTML file that can be printed and submitted for observing awards.
Create target lists, user-defined lists to help you organize a night's observing. Add an object to one target list or multiple target lists. Mark an object as a favorite for future reference.
Manage your favorite equipment profiles and favorite observing locations for quick logging. And even use your device's GPS to pre-populate the location field.
This app is free and includes donation functionality. I hope you like it, and if you think it's worth a dollar or two I won't turn it down
• The app takes pictures with your phone's front camera whenever a false access PIN code has just been entered
• Also determines the (GPS) location if a picture is taken
• Send photos and the location via email or simply store this data on your phone
• Set the number of failed access attempts after which a picture is being taken
• Display notification in the status bar whenever a new photo is available
• Our widget will inform you as soon as a new photo is available
• App reacts to false entry of either PIN code, pattern or even your phone's finger-print sensor!
• Since most of the photos will probably be of yourself (when you mistype the code), you hereby also get a nice selfie app
Take a picture when the correct PIN code is entered
It is also possible to have the app take a picture when the correct PIN code has been entered. This is only possible though, when a wrong PIN code has been entered at least once before the correct PIN code is being entered. So, should someone have found out the correct PIN code after various failed attempts, then you'll be notified and get a picture.
Unlock attempt not detected/no picture taken?
Android requires a minimal password/pattern length of 4 characters. Therefore, a picture is only being taken when a minimum of 4 characters have been entered (pin) or 4 pads have been connected (lock pattern).
Note to Samsung Galaxy Tab S and S5 users
The app does not work anymore on the devices Samsung Galaxy S5 und Tab S, since Samsung has a bug in the last firmware update. The Device-Admin is not called when a wrong PIN is entered. Unfortunately, there is no way to fix the failure, only Samsung can fix it with a new firmware update.
In order to uninstall the app, you'll have to disable the 'device admin' first. You can disable the 'device admin' in the app's settings.
Send an email for any feature-requests, question or comment:
Release notes and more:
• CAMERA: Permission to access the camera, in order to take pictures with your phone’s front camera.
• ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION (GPS): Get the location of your device, when a photo is being taken.
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Photos can be shared with other apps. For this to be possible, the photos have to be temporarily saved in the external storage.
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Photos can be sent via a local Gmail account. The selection of the desired Gmail account is made in the settings of the app, for which this permission is needed.
• USE_CREDENTIALS: Required in order to send mails and connect to the smtp-server (mailserver). The connection is established with an authentication token, instead of having to authenticate with username and password.
• INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Required to send mails and display a little ad. Google Analytics also uses this permission. We use Google Analytics in order to identify potential issues. You may disable the use of Google Analytics via the app settings.
Key features of the Uniview CloundEye-DCT:
·Up to 16 channels realtime preview;
·Automatically switch the windows layout according to the gravity sensor;
·PTZ funciton supported for speed dome cameras;
·Manually record or snapshot and directly store to your phone;
·Push alarm to your phone if there alarm triggered.
·Add devices by IP address or just scan QR code via Uniview myCloud service;
·Local videos and pictures display in calender.
·Add favourite cameras to Favourite;
·Easily and quickly playback videos;
SNMP MIB Browser can communicate to the network devices across Internet(via mobile access like GPRS, 3G) or across intranet via WiFi. And supports all the versions of SNMP(v1, v2c, v3) to fetch the data from the agent and can be safely used even over the Internet to fetch data, if the agent is reachable via Internet and supports SNMPv3 with encryption. It allows you to load any number of MIBs and list the scalar groups and tables in the loaded MIBs. On clicking any scalar group or table, fetches data for that particular scalar group or table afresh and shows them in an intuitive user interface. This tool is able to fetch MIB data from one network device at a time and allows to configure/change the device(agent parameters) user is interested in, at any time, also provides options to persist the configurations.
In case the user opts SNMPv3 version for fetching data, this tools allows to configure credentials of multiple users to be used to communicate with the given agent, thus allows the user to choose appropriate user based on the level of security needed for the communication. It supports HMAC algorithms like MD5, SHA for authentication and DES, 3DES, AES-128, AES-192 and AES-256 encryption for the SNMPv3 communication. If the user wants to fetch data via Internet, they can opt to choose v3 users in auth_priv security level, so that all the data will be encrypted over the wire while communication, within local intranet, user may choose other security levels.
SNMP MIB Browser for Android is developed using WebNMS SNMPAPI for Android.
Key Features :
* Support to load any MIBs and fetch MIB data.
* Support to fetch MIB data in any versions of SNMP(v1, v2c, v3) from agents implemented by any vendors.
* Separate user interface to configure agent parameters.
* Separate user interface to configure and view v3 user credentials and provision to persist the same.
* Fetch MIB data of any scalar group or table, just by clicking the same.
* Support for MD5 and SHA authentication algorithms and DES, 3DES, AES-128, AES-192, AES-256 encryption for SNMPv3 packets.
To run this application, WiFi connectivity is required to communicate with the local Network/Internet or GPRS to communicate with the Internet.
Please copy the required MIBs in the mibs directory which would be have been created during the installation in the root path of the Memory card.